Author Topic: Devbord - an ESP32 based, fully wireless, ortholinear keyboard  (Read 1483 times)

Offline davefyre

Hi Everyone,

Imgur album

New as a poster to geekhack, but I have lurked a lot before :)

I wanted to share a project I've been working on for the past few months, it's a fully wireless ortholinear keyboard based of the ESP32.

As of right now, each half acts as a separate bluetooth keyboard, but I will be using ESPNOW in the future to make them act as one board.

The slots on the sides of the board were for an idea I had for "modularity". After I finish the base keyboard, I am planning on making a series of modules to increase functionality. One example might be a numberpad, so when I needed it I could simply snap it on and remove it when I was done. Other than more switches, I think I would make an OLED screen module, an extra battery module, and maybe a module for controlling LEDs: stuff that would be nice to have at a home setup but can be removed easily for portability + power savings.

I envision these modules "snapping" in with some sort of magnetic pogo pin connector.

Let me know what you think + if you have any ideas for modules.

Thanks!

Offline gobowau

Re: Devbord - an ESP32 based, fully wireless, ortholinear keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 07:33:55 »
Love the idea for a wireless split ortholinear keyboard with a modular numpad. Sign me up!