Author Topic: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy  (Read 1219818 times)

Offline GOGOMA

Re: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy
« Reply #1750 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 04:15:15 »
Orion v2  Brass plate

Korean alphabet "Hangeul" = Orion

Lee Sunshin pont   

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2016, 04:26:26 by GOGOMA »

Offline duckness

« Reply #1751 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 04:36:59 »
Orion v2  Brass plate

Lee Sunshin pont   

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

holy **** omg

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1752 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 04:47:21 »
Orion v2  Brass plate

Lee Sunshin pont   

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

share with us man!

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #1753 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 05:01:59 »
Orion v2  Brass plate

Lee Sunshin pont   

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is cray! Now I want an Orion more than everrr
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline E3E

« Reply #1754 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:19:53 »
Orion v2  Brass plate

Lee Sunshin pont   

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

share with us man!

Seems super unlikely, lol. That's why I made my own. Get one CNC'd. We already have the file for it.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1755 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 18:40:52 »
Sorry for the absence. I've updated everything and answered most of my PMs regarding this GB. Hope I did not disappoint anyone :O

There isn't much to update, but the 1st batch should be ready soon..

Opps wrong thread
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 18:44:16 by elton5354 »

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1756 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 19:27:35 »
WTB flat acrylic clear bottom if anyone is willing to part with theirs.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1757 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 20:48:22 »
Orion v2  Brass plate

Lee Sunshin pont   

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

share with us man!

Seems super unlikely, lol. That's why I made my own. Get one CNC'd. We already have the file for it.

so he just came here to shiz post

Offline concertomi

« Reply #1758 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 07:09:55 »
Hello I just built my Orion v2 and flashed the default firmware over. Somehow the LEDs on the letters and the function rows seem to keep blinking slowly. Any idea what I should modify on the firmware? Any help much appreciated!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1759 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 08:09:45 »
Are they similar to the V1? Because I have a few of those left.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline E3E

« Reply #1760 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 09:01:42 »

I think you're  thinking of the acrylic side insert wedges. Alaire wants the flat acrylic bottom that you can mount the top frame/bezel onto.

The side inserts for the aluminum bottom are similar to the V1 though, but I have no idea if they'd fit perfectly or not.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1761 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 00:02:31 »

I think you're  thinking of the acrylic side insert wedges. Alaire wants the flat acrylic bottom that you can mount the top frame/bezel onto.

The side inserts for the aluminum bottom are similar to the V1 though, but I have no idea if they'd fit perfectly or not.

Yep, the flat acrylic bottom not the side inserts.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1762 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 01:15:43 »
Hello I just built my Orion v2 and flashed the default firmware over. Somehow the LEDs on the letters and the function rows seem to keep blinking slowly. Any idea what I should modify on the firmware? Any help much appreciated!

there are instructions on how to map your keys and I believe you just need to change the led control on the board!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1763 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 08:39:10 »

Yep, the flat acrylic bottom not the side inserts.
That's what I thought. I had some plates lasercut (check my SIG for pics of the plate) but I never got around to selling them. They were too thin to show up in between the two aluminum layer and I would have needed new screws.

I bought some a spare set of side inserts as well but I've used all of them.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline E3E

« Reply #1764 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 15:57:07 »
That's what I thought. I had some plates lasercut (check my SIG for pics of the plate) but I never got around to selling them. They were too thin to show up in between the two aluminum layer and I would have needed new screws.

I bought some a spare set of side inserts as well but I've used all of them.

Oh, then I hope you can help missalaire out then!

I just got my Duck Feet in today from Alienman82, and it's given me a renewed interest in the flat acrylic bottom! I do love the weight of my aluminum bottom with its copper weight, but there's something cool about the lightness of the flat bottom setup and it's nice to see all the gold holtite sockets from my hotswap mod when I turn it over. The duck feet just make it.

Excuse the potatoes, I just snapped them quick!

Offline E3E

« Reply #1765 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 18:14:27 »
Just a few more pictures:

This is the coolest thing about the flat bottom, I think. Still, I dunno how I ultimately feel about it compared to the aluminum bottom. :P

Offline lootbag

« Reply #1766 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 19:06:52 »
Very nice work with the ALPS integration into the Orion V2 (and the Octagon) E3E!
I hope to experiment with making my own flat bottom for the Octagon V2 when it arrives.
You also got me interested in the world of ALPS and I managed to snag a Zenith 100-1886 recently.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1767 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 19:33:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

This is the coolest thing about the flat bottom, I think. Still, I dunno how I ultimately feel about it compared to the aluminum bottom. :P

What's the angle with the duck feet?  The flat bottom feels great without a wrist rest, IMO.  The high angle of the aluminum works well otherwise for my purpose.

Plus the flat bottom and acrylic anged bottoms have a nice light show.

Offline hammelgammler

« Reply #1768 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 03:57:14 »
Does anyone know if there will be a another group buy for this awesome keyboard? I would really like to have a 1.5U CTRL metal case TKL for my Blue Alps, but there are just no options besides getting one used.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 April 2016, 04:05:41 by hammelgammler »

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1769 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 10:16:54 »
I have this weird behavior on my Orion V2. I've Googled and YouTubed to see if anyone else has reported the same odd behavior, but without any luck.

• If I disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it, my function row LEDs are always brighter than the rest. This also sometimes happen after reboot. I then have to go into LED control mode and adjust the brightness. Sometimes I have to do this several times before all my LEDs are adjusted to the same brightness level.
  • If I press keys fast and continuously, after a while the LEDs start to dim down until the are no longer lit. Sometimes they even flicker just before they are no longer lit.

Does the description above make any sense? I can upload a vid if it doesn't.

I reckon with all the fast typers here at GH someone else should have noticed this strange behavior  :rolleyes:

NOTE: My LEDs are not set to any fancy pulsating or other function. Just regular ON and then adjusted brightness, three steps above the lowest.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1770 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 21:50:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

How did you make the holes on the flat acrylic? I just got my duck feet today but I don't want to ruin my flat piece D:

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1771 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:35:13 »
About the V1 acrylic plate:
Alright, so I found a place nearby that has a wide range of quality acrylic Bouwplastics.nl and I will ask them to make me one of the plates and a set of side-inserts.

Other than the side window dimensions, the DXF-files and the plate drawings, what other info should I send them?

I believe the bottom plate was 2mm and the side windows 12mm? Will they be able to lasercut it based on just that?

Just went to pick them up.
Behold, bottom plates!

Show Image

9 plates in total.

Show Image

With some feet

Show Image

Roughly a 5 degree angle

Now I need to be patient for my orion to arrive. :P

The place where I got them told me they'd have a machine that could cut the 12mm pieces in one month.
So unless somebody else wants to pick that up in a GB I could try by then.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1772 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:40:57 »
Alright, so I found a place nearby that has a wide range of quality acrylic Bouwplastics.nl and I will ask them to make me one of the plates and a set of side-inserts.

Other than the side window dimensions, the DXF-files and the plate drawings, what other info should I send them?

I believe the bottom plate was 2mm and the side windows 12mm? Will they be able to lasercut it based on just that?

Behold, bottom plates!

Show Image

9 plates in total.

Show Image

With some feet

Show Image

Roughly a 5 degree angle

The place where I got them told me they'd have a machine that could cut the 12mm pieces in one month.
Show Image

Time to order some for my duckfeet

thanks

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1773 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:43:42 »

Behold, bottom plates!

Show Image

9 plates in total.

Show Image

With some feet

Show Image

Roughly a 5 degree angle

Show Image

Time to order some for my duckfeet

thanks
Again, I'm not sure these are compatible with the V2. I have a few plates left that you are welcome to try though.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline E3E

« Reply #1774 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 02:17:42 »
How did you make the holes on the flat acrylic? I just got my duck feet today but I don't want to ruin my flat piece D:

I used double-sided tape, similar to how I keep the inserts in the board and the duck feet. It's a tape meant for fabric mending and is pretty sticky but not impossible to remove. Better than double-sided scotch tape I'd say. Secure enough for using for the feet. I might make the flat acrylic bottom for drilling, but I doubt I'm doing to do that.

Damn, you're going to get a new separate bottom just for the duck feet? Crazy. :P Actually, they probably aren't that expensive, nevermind, haha.

EDIT: I read Elton mention that the tops between the Orion v2 and v1, as well as their plates, were not compatible between each other, but to be honest, the mounting holes look almost exactly the same. It's hard to say whether or not they are though.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2016, 02:27:42 by E3E »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1775 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 02:43:42 »

I used double-sided tape, similar to how I keep the inserts in the board and the duck feet. It's a tape meant for fabric mending and is pretty sticky but not impossible to remove. Better than double-sided scotch tape I'd say. Secure enough for using for the feet. I might make the flat acrylic bottom for drilling, but I doubt I'm doing to do that.

Damn, you're going to get a new separate bottom just for the duck feet? Crazy. :P Actually, they probably aren't that expensive, nevermind, haha.

EDIT: I read Elton mention that the tops between the Orion v2 and v1, as well as their plates, were not compatible between each other, but to be honest, the mounting holes look almost exactly the same. It's hard to say whether or not they are though.
ahh okay I thought you drilled the flat acrylic. hmm I don't feel too comfortable using double face tape to secure the duck feet. That might leave a sticky mess and cleaning it might result in some scratches.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1776 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 04:56:32 »
Hey guys I missed out and really want one, when do you think there will be another GB? 

ty

Offline E3E

« Reply #1777 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 13:54:03 »
ahh okay I thought you drilled the flat acrylic. hmm I don't feel too comfortable using double face tape to secure the duck feet. That might leave a sticky mess and cleaning it might result in some scratches.

I could easily drill the holes as I have a drill press that I used for hotswap modding my PCBs (a manual hand drill pin vise could even do it since it's just acrylic), but if you've already secured dome feet onto your acrylic plate, then you're already looking at scratches. Aluminum is harder than acrylic, haha. Same with the duck feet if they were to be securely mounted.

The adhesive could be removed with alcohol and a microfiber cloth and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have any scratches from removing the residue.

Hey guys I missed out and really want one, when do you think there will be another GB? 

ty

The only time there's ever been a second GB of sorts was the left overs sale which included the Kingsaver, Lightpad, and both versions of the Duck Mini.

I think another one was the Lightsaver v2 Round 2 GB, but that one didn't work out.

In otherwords, getting another GB is pretty unlikely. Either try and wait for the v3 GB, or try and get an LZ Alps plate and LZ PCB and find an LZ board so you can use Alps in a TKL.

Either that or try to find someone willing to sell their Orion v2 with Alps, but not many people ordered those, or you could try and go for a Kingsaver if anyone has one to sell, but also a bit dubious.

Very nice work with the ALPS integration into the Orion V2 (and the Octagon) E3E!
I hope to experiment with making my own flat bottom for the Octagon V2 when it arrives.
You also got me interested in the world of ALPS and I managed to snag a Zenith 100-1886 recently.

Thanks man, it's always a lot of work, but having hotswappable PCBs is pretty awesome and makes changing layouts, LED swapping, or swapping faulty switches a breeze. :) That flat bottom is really pretty but makes the board feel a little too much like a toy for my tastes. I might still use it from time to time though. :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2016, 14:11:22 by E3E »

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1778 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 17:44:00 »
does anyone need an acrylic angled bottom? Willing to let it go for retail + shipping
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1779 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 17:47:13 »
does anyone need an acrylic angled bottom? Willing to let it go for retail + shipping

PM'd

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #1780 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 18:28:47 »
Anyone wanna part with their red top silver bottom Orion pls PM me :(
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1781 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 18:35:15 »
Anyone wanting to part with any alu bottom, particularly blue gray, please PM me as I do not have one.

Thanks  :D

Offline NoahNHP

« Reply #1782 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 08:32:10 »
does anyone want to sell their full alu kit? :( please PM me  :'(
Dolphin V2 | LZ CLS | 356 mini

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1783 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 12:59:03 »
Just came across this on Reddit. I think it's just a really cool idea.

|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline filphil

« Reply #1784 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 14:40:22 »
Just came across this on Reddit. I think it's just a really cool idea.
Show Image

Nice to see the idea come to life!  E3E suggested I do that a while ago after posting up the patch I picked up from my houston trip but never got around to it(my orion rebuild is still ongoing).

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #1785 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 04:30:28 »
Anybody what the flip key for the alps pcb is? I tried backspace but can't get it into bootmode. Also will the o2d keymapper work for the alps pcb as well?

Thanks in advance for any answers :cool:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1786 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 23:10:59 »
Not sure what to use for alps PCB, contact Leeku maybe he designed it. 

I also have a problem, whenever I try to save a config in 02D, it says Run time error 76 path not found.

Anyone got this problem already?  I don't know how to fix :\

Offline filphil

« Reply #1787 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 23:54:32 »
Not sure what to use for alps PCB, contact Leeku maybe he designed it. 

I also have a problem, whenever I try to save a config in 02D, it says Run time error 76 path not found.

Anyone got this problem already?  I don't know how to fix :\

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70864.msg2055836#msg2055836

Try to Look at that post and then further down for the method I use. In short you create the hex file with o2d and upload it with FLIP.   

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1788 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:04:37 »
Just did that, now the Orion won't work or light up anymore. Was I not supposed to keep the erase box checked in FLIP?  Did I just seriously **** up?  :-\

Offline filphil

« Reply #1789 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:20:17 »
Just did that, now the Orion won't work or light up anymore. Was I not supposed to keep the erase box checked in FLIP?  Did I just seriously **** up?  :-\

That's happened to me before. I've just reattempted the flash and it out came out fine.

Make sure you have the proper chip selected. You can see the name of the chip by looking at the pcb near the arrow cluster. It'll say atmel somewhere.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:21:59 by filphil »

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1790 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:21:57 »
Yeah I have tried various times to redo, even restarted computer.  Do you have a default hex file you could share with me so I know for sure it isn't my file that is messed up? Thanks

Offline filphil

« Reply #1791 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:25:23 »
Yeah I have tried various times to redo, even restarted computer.  Do you have a default hex file you could share with me so I know for sure it isn't my file that is messed up? Thanks

I have a file at home. Currently at work. When you go through the process of flashing does it go through the whole line of checks? I recall everything should be green lit.   Sometimes one process gets stuck and it gives you a red or yellow color but afaik doing the process over should work out.

When you create the hex file from o2d are you using the base file with the custom designation?

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1792 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:32:12 »
Got it to work!!!!  ;D

Turns out I wasn't reselecting the hex file after I opened USB connection  :confused:

Is there any way to change the lock light colors?  Mine is stuck on light blue

Offline filphil

« Reply #1793 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:37:56 »
Got it to work!!!!  ;D

Turns out I wasn't reselecting the hex file after I opened USB connection  :confused:

Is there any way to change the lock light colors?  Mine is stuck on light blue

Fantastic.

When it comes to switch leds I've no experience yet since I've had difficulty finding an inexpensive source in the US.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1794 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:44:03 »
No I didn't mean the switch ones I meant the lock light ones.  Aren't they RGB?  I got mine secondhand so I don't know if they came with the kit or were sourced separately.

I have the angled acrylic bottom, so getting the right LED settings are pretty important for me. :)

I like the RGB wave mode, I might start tinkering with keymaps now, I though you had to use the o2d program to upload also, I think FLIP is better glad I don't have to use o2d for keymapping too.

Offline filphil

« Reply #1795 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:49:40 »
No I didn't mean the switch ones I meant the lock light ones.  Aren't they RGB?  I got mine secondhand so I don't know if they came with the kit or were sourced separately.

I have the angled acrylic bottom, so getting the right LED settings are pretty important for me. :)

I like the RGB wave mode, I might start tinkering with keymaps now, I though you had to use the o2d program to upload also, I think FLIP is better glad I don't have to use o2d for keymapping too.

If you're talking about the bottom rgb leds then you go to one of the drop down menus in o2d and then a lighting option should be accessible. From then on it should be pretty self explanatory. Save hex file with key mapping and led settings and then upload via flip.

Offline himynameisbunny

« Reply #1796 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:53:06 »
Any chance of another GB?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1797 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 01:00:54 »
If you're talking about the bottom rgb leds then you go to one of the drop down menus in o2d and then a lighting option should be accessible. From then on it should be pretty self explanatory. Save hex file with key mapping and led settings and then upload via flip.

Yeah that's the change that I made to the board originally when I needed help.  What I am talking about are the lock lights near esc.

Also chances are doubtful of another GB with the octagon and other boards that duck is occupied with bunny.  I think you will just have to wait for Orion v3...

Offline filphil

« Reply #1798 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 01:24:25 »

Yeah that's the change that I made to the board originally when I needed help.  What I am talking about are the lock lights near esc.

Also chances are doubtful of another GB with the octagon and other boards that duck is occupied with bunny.  I think you will just have to wait for Orion v3...

Ooh. I don't think those are rgb controlled. If you put an rgb led it'll either cycle through the colors or stay at a single color.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1799 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 01:31:47 »
Looks like I need to find some white ones then and put in SIP sockets  :-X

Also thanks again, I have it set to RGB right now and it is really awesome :p

Also what  can we do with the 5 notification LED's on the arrow cluster?  Are those just stuck to default?  I don't even has the LED's in right now but it would awesome to configure one to flash orange when you get a new reddit message or something.