Author Topic: Got my new CM QFR with MX Blacks and couldn't be happier  (Read 2538 times)

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Got my new CM QFR with MX Blacks and couldn't be happier
« on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 18:43:46 »
And I already ordered some caps for it. I will enjoy the stock look for the next couple days.
I am loving the black switches compared to my blues as I already feel that I am increasing my typing speed.

Anyway, here is a very generic photo of the keyboard that I am sure everyone of the forum has seem before.

14783-0

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
Re: Got my new CM QFR with MX Blacks and couldn't be happier
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 19:50:46 »
I find it interesting that you manage to increase your typing speed with the Blacks. I found them to be too heavy though... Which made me type a bit slower. :rolleyes:

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 20:20:48 »
to me when i first got mx blacks i thought they were great and my favorite switch. 2 weeks later i couldn't stand them and desoldered them off my board and replaced them with browns.

they were great for gaming though

btw the build quality of the CM QFR is so much better than the Razer there, its worth using the CM QFR regardless of liking the switch or not ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 20:22:29 by Glod »

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 21:30:14 »
I used to have a QFR with Blacks which I sold in favour of a Leopold FC700R with Browns... I quite miss the Black switches though (great for gaming), so I'm now considering getting another QFR with Reds. ;)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 21:31:51 »
I quite like MX blacks. They're quite nice.:) We are a dying race, unless they're "vintage".

Offline noons

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 10:26:57 »
Blacks are wayyy to stiff for me, but I understand why people like them. My hands just fatigue easily I guess.
Tofu65 Turquoise Tealios | Drop ALT LP Alpacas | 2X Leopold FC750R MX Brown | KUL MX Brown w/Cherry Stab MOD | Leopold FC660C BLANK | REALFORCE 87U 45G | HHKB PRO2 | Leopold TKL MX RED | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX BLUE

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 16:03:42 »
I find it interesting that you manage to increase your typing speed with the Blacks. I found them to be too heavy though... Which made me type a bit slower. :rolleyes:

I think the reason I feel faster is that there is no feedback on the blacks.

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 16:16:27 »
I quite like MX blacks. They're quite nice.:) We are a dying race, unless they're "vintage".

Yeah this thread has mostly negative comments about them.

What do yo mean by "vintage"? Are newer mx blacks different from earlier versions.