geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Haven TKL - An 80% Keyboard with F13 Layout

(1/11) > >>

papamao:
Hello fellow enthusiasts,
This is PapaMaoddd from Atelier Haven, and I recently announced the upcoming shipment of Haven65 to our vendor. Then, as the Haven 65 are well on track, I am excited to introduce the Haven TKL, which is finishing up shipping in China, a brand-new keyboard with an 80% F13 layout.
Inspired by my college architecture studies, I've designed the Haven TKL to not only  follow the Haven 65’s design language, but going even further with an exaggerated milled-out side profile, aggressive lighting, a cantilever structure, and a unique, sandwiched weight design.
Before going into the TKL, let me intro duce you the inspiration behind this board. HavenTKL is still inspired by a piece of architecture, just like how Haven 65 related to Haven Huis. Just about half a year before the trip to Belgium In 2018, I was an architecture major student finishing up my third year of college in Cal Poly SLO(hopefully one of the reader is from there), I finished the design of my favorite piece of work throughout the whole college, a Virtual Reality Research Center located in Russian Hill, San Francisco. I met the professor that affected my way of design and formed my own design philosophy that year, and that is why I really wanted this building to be alive in some other ways. 

This design was quite influenced by some of Zaha Hadid’s early works as well as some of Thom Mayne’s design. As you can see here, HavenTKL, along with Haven 65, was quite influenced by this building’s crazy cantilever structure, zig-zagging outline, powerful polygonal volumes with a hint of deconstructivism. The overall building is made of silver and transparent material, with a hint of red weaving through out the whole building, and a shiny, red core(VR show room) located in the center of the building. This design of red core of the VRRC is also the inspiration of the “sandwich weight” in feature in HavenTKL
Here is an “architectural diagram” that introduce some basic aspects of the board.

explosion render

The redcore also did not only inspired the design of the weight, but also my favorite colorway of the board: Silver cases, silver PVD SS weight and the red anodized aluminum core weight. (The small pc bottom case is an extra option)   

Here's a quick rundown of the Haven TKL's design features:
•   Exaggerated milled-out side profile, following the Haven design language
•   Type-C port with poly line design and enlarged space for easier access
•   Unique, sandwiched weight design with multiple color options
•   18.2mm front height and 8.5 degrees of typing angle
•   Badge design inspired by the keyboard's side profile
•   Bottom bar weight with PVD coating and a logo design (brass option available)
•   2 horizontal flex cut PCB with 2 extra connections in the middle for firm or soft(if you choose to cut out the connections) typing experience
•   Underglow light and front accent light on both sides of the PCB
•   Silicon socks gasket mounting method for improved stability
The Haven TKL will be available in a variety of color options to suit your style. The design is more aggressive than Haven65, and I'm excited to see how it will be received by the community.
Here are some of the other great colorways that will be appearing in the group buy, More information and renders/photos of other colorways will be announced before the GB
“Gray Copper” with GMK Cafe

“Lavender” with Gmk Lavender

“Crimson” with GMK Ishtar+kuro kit

“Tempt”+ BoW and “Red Core” + GMK Rainy Day and JTK 404(by rifen)
(I also didn’t take the photos down below, these are my friend code named “little turtles” work. However, he doesn’t know how to use Lightroom so I did it form him but forgetting to get rid of the watermark option)

Case

As this is an interest check, I'm eager to hear your thoughts and feedback on the Haven TKL. Please let me know what you think, and feel free to ask any questions you may have in Atelier Haven’s Discord channel
Thank you for your attention and interest.
Best regards, PapaMaoddd from Atelier Haven

Discord: https://discord.gg/KtGT4nDAtE

Yichen:
Really love my grey & pink HavenTKL! GL on international GB! :thumb:

cloudtastrophe:
Stunning. I work in an architectural firm and would love to have this one on my desk at the office. I think it would be nice to alternate out with the 7v. Morphosis and Herzog kind of guy myself though

mur1_fat_des:
Electrophoretic yellow forever!!!!

fzlo:
Piece of art.
More copper please !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version