geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

My Filco Majestouch looks dull.....

(1/3) > >>

Slyce:
Hiya guys,

I have been lurking for sometime and would now like to participate in this fantastic forum. So I figured as I am new I would just give you a little background on myself before I get down to keyboard talk!

Me myself and I: Hi I am a competitive Starcraft 2 player and you guys helped me when I was looking for some performance enhancing keys to help me do my dirty work. I play around 5-6 hours a day and so a keyboard was rather important! I would say on a slow month I go to one event and on a busy one I would attend two. I am not exactly world standard but I do OK within the UK scene. If you got any questions about me or what ever I would be happy to answer them, I am not however going to plug my team as here is not the time or place.

Now that is over we can move on to what I wanted to post about. I live in the UK and I have a Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless (browns) As you guys are more than aware that keyboard is very functional but epicly boring aesthetically. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to keyboards and I wanted to get my hands on some funky key caps to put on my keyboard, now as you can imagine I never actually look down at my keyboard so I wanted to get a bit of a random assortment going on for entertainment value.

Now this is where my problem comes in... am I being daft when I say 'which row is which' now I know that may seem daft is it as as simple as 1 2 3 4 5 6 starting at the top but from the things I have been reading it is not so I have no idea which keys I should be looking at! Also you US guys have all the luck with suppliers! Where on earth can I get myself some keys that actually ship to the UK! *sad face*

I will of course upload some nice snaps of me with my sexy keyboard at events in return!

Thank you in advance for your time on this one, I tried to make the post relatively interesting as a premature thank you gesture!
Much love!

enoy21:
Does WASD not ship to the UK ?     If they do , then they are the way to go for all of your keycap needs.    They'll put on any design you can get into a certain file type for them to upload.

N8N:
If the OP uses a UK-layout Filco, I don't think that WASD has the ISO enter yet, but they are supposed to do so in a couple months.

Slyce:
Yea I am a UK layout kinda guy! Gotta have those £ € keys!

Does anyone know of a reliable diagram which shows which keys are which shape on the keyboard please?

If that makes sense.

Playtrumpet:
From the wiki -> All About Keys

http://www.keycapsdirect.com/images/faq/FamilyProfilesLG.jpg

http://geekhack.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20970&d=1310754679
IBM Model M on top, Topre, Cherry Corp and on the bottom Filco/Rosewill/Das.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version