Author Topic: The GH shoe thread  (Read 451561 times)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Re: The GH shoe thread
« Reply #1050 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 18:01:41 »
Any Ultra Boost owners here?
Just like to get some feedback regarding the shoes.
From what I've heard its really comfortable but I'm not a fan of white sole/base as it gets dirty/yellow really quick.
But I've seen a few videos were people paint the sole black. So I might do that if I were to get them.
Just the question of which pair should I get:

http://www.adidas.co.uk/ultra-boost-st-shoes/AF6518.html
or
http://www.adidas.co.uk/ultra-boost-shoes/AQ4004.html?pr=product_rr&slot=1

Price is the same for both pairs so that's not an issue. :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1051 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 18:13:32 »
What's the most you guys have spent on a pair of boots/shoes?

I know I should just put away some money and get a pair of Red Wing Beckmans for $300, but I still yearn for a pair of these, but they cost way more than what I could afford. http://www.carminashoemaker.com/cordovan-shoes/jumper-codovan-burgundy-80179

I know that's an insane amount for boots, but it still doesn't make me want them any less.  :))

Where is jorik, I know he has some pretty high end shoes..   :)

500. Never wore them tho. After that, 300 each on a couple pairs
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #1052 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 19:51:21 »
Wearing these ones today. This pic reminds me i need to give them a scrub and oil for winter.

Show Image

Red Wing 899 by Dana Howe, on Flickr

Great pair of boots. I've got Red Wing Iron Rangers on myself right now

I've been eyeing Iron Rangers for a while now.  Just waiting for some 2nds to go on a good deal.  Any problems with them on snow/ice? 

Definitely a nice pair of boots, boostdemon.

I live in Buffalo so I'd like to say I'm well experienced in the snow and ice; with that said, I haven't had any issues with slipping on snow or ice. Maybe slush, but everyone slips in slush unless you step straight down!

Just do your standard leather care for the boots and they hold up fantastic. After you break them in they're comfortable as hell, and look really damn good. My girlfriend is obsessed :p
Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, I did not end up with Red Wings.  There was a sale on Chippewa service boots in cordovan color for $130 shipped.  They were made for Aldo and called dark brown, but are just rebranded Chippewa's.  Happy w/ my purchase.  Have some shoe trees and brush in the mail too.

Looks the site I bought them for still have some in stock.  $141 ish, but you can get a 15% discount for signing up for their newsletter.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1053 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 23:30:56 »
I'm pretty damn near ready to pull the trigger on this pair from Cobbler's Union along with the matching belt.  I need another pair in my rotation and they should work out just fine with some gray slacks.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1054 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 23:36:39 »

I know I should just put away some money and get a pair of Red Wing Beckmans for $300, but I still yearn for a pair of these, but they cost way more than what I could afford. http://www.carminashoemaker.com/cordovan-shoes/jumper-codovan-burgundy-80179

I know that's an insane amount for boots, but it still doesn't make me want them any less.  :))

I think the most I spent was about $700 on a pair of Feraggamo monk straps.  They're good shoes but I should have done my research as I could have gotten an equivalent pair for less money.

As for Carmina, they've gotten a bit overpriced lately.  When they launched their US-friendly site, the prices on there went up from what others were saying.  I certainly recall their prices being much lower not more than a year or  two ago.  Given the strong dollar, it makes little sense that their prices are that high and people have started looking elsewhere.

That said, Carmina does seem to have a heavy focus on shell cardovan so they're not a bad choice if that's what you're after.  Though I'm starting to look more at Enzo Bonafe.  He's got some nice stuff and GMTOs don't require that many orders.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1055 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:43:58 »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1056 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:47:57 »

Show Image

I think you got a hole in your shoe, mate

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1057 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:58:00 »

Show Image

I think you got a hole in your shoe, mate

's ok they still work
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1058 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 02:22:06 »
Crosspost:

Palladium baggy leather gusset with blue shoelaces.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:44:19 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1059 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 02:34:30 »
I'm pretty damn near ready to pull the trigger on this pair from Cobbler's Union along with the matching belt.  I need another pair in my rotation and they should work out just fine with some gray slacks.

Show Image

Oh wow.......
that's a neat looking shoes, been wanting a single strap monk
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1060 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 02:44:54 »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1061 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 03:28:54 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1062 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 16:59:56 »

New kicks yesterday

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1063 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 17:06:29 »

My work boots are Red Wings and were like....$250? Worth every penny.

Posted about the Adidas Pure Boost a while back. Ended up picking some up and now after wearing it for a while the boost technology on the bottom is starting to yellow... Any ideas how to clean this or am I SOL?

Edit: Did a little research, such as this thread on Reddit, and it seems that nothing works?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sneakers/comments/2hjnns/cleaning_adidas_pure_boost/

Already tried the obvious soap, brush, and water!

Might want to try a cleaner like Crep Wipes, Jason Markk, or Air Legends. Otherwise they've got paints (I think it's called Angelus) where you can just paint 'em white again.

Show Image

New kicks yesterday

Those are hot

From what I've heard its really comfortable but I'm not a fan of white sole/base as it gets dirty/yellow really quick.
But I've seen a few videos were people paint the sole black. So I might do that if I were to get them.

or

Easily the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried on. I balked at the price tag so I picked up a pair of Rocketboost instead but I think I still want the Ultraboost. It literally feels like a bouncy cloud on your feet. I literally walked in my Rocketboost like 8 hours a day while I was traveling and I wasn't tired at all. I'd get the second pair. And the boost is easy to clean. I just use wipes while I was out and it worked fine. There's a bunch of cleaners and wipes out now or good old fashioned soap and water with a toothbrush are always good.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1064 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 21:38:06 »

or

Easily the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried on. I balked at the price tag so I picked up a pair of Rocketboost instead but I think I still want the Ultraboost. It literally feels like a bouncy cloud on your feet. I literally walked in my Rocketboost like 8 hours a day while I was traveling and I wasn't tired at all. I'd get the second pair. And the boost is easy to clean. I just use wipes while I was out and it worked fine. There's a bunch of cleaners and wipes out now or good old fashioned soap and water with a toothbrush are always good.

Thanks for the short review!
I would love to try them on before purchasing them but unfortunately, most of the shops near my place does not stock the ultraboost.
Could only order them online and get it send to the shop for collection.
Btw, if you have to choose btw the flyknit racers and the ultraboost, which would you pick?
Nike's design seems sleeker but boost is very appealing as everyone says its comfy.
ahh decisions  :confused:
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1065 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 14:47:20 »
Btw, if you have to choose btw the flyknit racers and the ultraboost, which would you pick?
Nike's design seems sleeker but boost is very appealing as everyone says its comfy.

I don't really like anything Nike besides Air Max 90s and 1s. So Ultraboost all the way. Sorry for the late reply, just saw these.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1066 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:09:37 »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1067 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:28:35 »
Show Image

Palladium Baggy TX

I'm really digging that. That fold reminds me of the Timbs that do that and the midsole looks like a Converse midsole. Really cool. Is it comfy?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1068 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:43:31 »
Show Image

Palladium Baggy TX
I'm really digging that. That fold reminds me of the Timbs that do that and the midsole looks like a Converse midsole. Really cool. Is it comfy?
Haven't been able to walk around on them yet but it might be telling that this is my 6th pair of this brand.  :))
I'm wearing a suit for work most of the time and I'll have to muster up some courage (and experience) before I'll be rocking these with some formal wear. XD
I've been able to score a few of the regular canvas ones for cheap and wore them to pieces. Just make sure you throw in an insole with some better support because the original ones are basically flat. I just threw in some contrasting laces to make them mine.  :)

These are essentially nylon on the outside with a canvas liner. The grey ones that I posted earlier in this thread are waterproof and similar in style.
I wore those at work last weekend all day and they were really comfortable. The only thing I noticed was that my ankle was a bit sore the next day because the leather hasn't been worn in yet. Putting the flaps up completely solved that problem though.

I was tempted to buy the Baggy zip cn for a moment because of their reflective lining but I decided this one was better looking. :p
Should look really nice under a pair of dark jeans.

Bonus pic:
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:49:48 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1069 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 16:57:47 »
Hmmmm.  Burgundy shoes.  Wholecut?  Plain toe?  Cap toe?  Can't do brogues or any shoe that's been attacked by a hole puncher.

Kind of leaning toward Vass as he seems to have some good stuff at reasonable prices.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1070 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:41:42 »

what do you guys think of these? about to go for these :] they are my grails.

$1000 pricetag :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1071 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:44:15 »
they're nice. not 1k nice. i take it that's aftermarket price? ****ing flippers.

those socks look dope tho.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1072 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:57:35 »
they're nice. not 1k nice. i take it that's aftermarket price? ****ing flippers.

those socks look dope tho.

Yea i would rather pay the original price ($170) but oh well. akin to clacks or rare korean boards they are like 'high end' ones. the socks i hope to find but are akin to the G80-5700 if the shoes were the G80-5000. usually you wont get it but some special boards have them.

aftermarket flipping is terrible in the sneaker marketplace. these are my #1 or #2 favorite gel lyte 3s so i may go for a lowball offer lol

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1073 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:01:17 »
yeah dude, i was deep into shoes. like any hobby, once the hypebeasts take over RIP to all prices.

they're dope tho.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1074 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:18:34 »
I've never quite understood the high prices on sneakers.  Welted shoes, sure.  You can get the soles replaced and you're good to go.  Those things will just end up being worn by someone else scoring a good find in the 2nd-hand market.  Sneakers though?  They're discardable and easily replaced.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1075 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:19:22 »
Keep forgetting to take pics of new shoes... haven't worn them yet waiting til all the ****ty weather clears out.
I love Elzy

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #1076 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:40:45 »
Been wearing AF1 mids the past few months (have both black and white pairs)
It's a shame I can't wear the white ones without someone inevitably mistaking them for jordans and   shouting "what are those!?"

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of methods for yellowing the soles of your shoes to make them look more weathered?
I can only find info on restoring them

Poker                                 HHKB Pro 2

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1077 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:41:42 »
It's a shame I can't wear the white ones without someone inevitably mistaking them for jordans and   shouting "what are those!?"

Show Image

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of methods for yellowing the soles of your shoes to make them look more weathered?

OH I was literally about to get these but got white J's instead
I love Elzy

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1078 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 00:24:28 »
Show Image

Show Image

what do you guys think of these? about to go for these :] they are my grails.

$1000 pricetag :D

My personal favorite is still Afew X asics "KOI", too bad I was too late to get into the game
Though I'm more of a NB guy

anyway, my first Jfitz shoes , in love with the quality already

Jfitz by Hanshen, on Flickr

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1079 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 01:38:51 »

Show Image

who that knows anything about sneakers mixes up 1s and jordans?

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #1080 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 02:54:18 »
Got these today, dream came true  :p

That suede... They are on the slightly heavy side compared to my Flyknit One+ that I wore for about 3-4 years now. Definitely gonna try them on later.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #1081 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 03:11:15 »
tfw size 16 and cant find nice non-work boots I like

Doc-Martins it is

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1082 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 03:15:21 »
Got these today, dream came true
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That suede... They are on the slightly heavy side compared to my Flyknit One+ that I wore for about 3-4 years now. Definitely gonna try them on later.
Yeeeeeeee NB bro....
I love the suade and nubuck on my NBs too.... So soft....

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #1083 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 03:24:40 »

Yeeeeeeee NB bro....
I love the suade and nubuck on my NBs too.... So soft....

Actually they are my first pair of NB so I went with the grey, but these are way beyond what I expected and thank god they made in time for the Lunar new year.

Hopefully can get the 997 too. Most probably will try out a pair of ultraboost as beater. I just hate people stepping on my shoes when it's all crowded in the campus. A black pair of ultraboost will be really nice and to retire my flyknit  :))
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline hudson0804

« Reply #1084 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 04:32:38 »
I am sadly stuck in the past when it comes to foot wear.

My most recent purchase

This design of shoe is really difficult to find these days - mostly because its not fashionable anymore i suppose. 

I follow this thread keenly looking for inspiration for new foot wear, but as I am a giant with clown size feet i struggle to see my self in anything remotely modern due to the slim design of most shoes/trainers/boots. 

H

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1085 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 09:48:23 »
Crosspost:
Show Image

Show Image

Palladium baggy leather gusset with blue shoelaces.

I love palladiums. Those look absolutely fantastic.

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #1086 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 12:36:58 »
who that knows anything about sneakers mixes up 1s and jordans?

Britbongs who don't really know anything about shoes, but love quoting the latest hot facebook memes  :thumb:

Poker                                 HHKB Pro 2

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #1087 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 13:41:30 »
Too lazy to whip out a proper camera. Heres a potato to keep the Palladium trend going

Model M              BL82          JD45          HHKB        RF

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1088 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:49:04 »

I don't really like anything Nike besides Air Max 90s and 1s. So Ultraboost all the way. Sorry for the late reply, just saw these.

No worries!
Nike just released their new Ultra Flyknit Air Force 1's.
They're really hot but I dont know.... Might just go with the Ultraboost :D

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1089 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 13:42:25 »

These Kayano's looks hot af.  :-X

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1090 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 13:52:42 »
I'm realizing now that I don't even wear most of my Asics that often anymore. Now I just need to offload them somewhere...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1091 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 13:53:18 »
Shame we aren't the same size or else I'd buy them

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1092 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:12:51 »
Shame we aren't the same size or else I'd buy them

Tru. A few of them are 10.5s though

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1093 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:13:19 »
I'm realizing now that I don't even wear most of my Asics that often anymore. Now I just need to offload them somewhere...

How much do these retail for in the states?
Seeing the price here in the UK is almost £100+ for a pair, people rather go for Nike's or Adidas.  :rolleyes:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1094 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:16:46 »

Seeing the price here in the UK is almost £100+ for a pair, people rather go for Nike's or Adidas.  :rolleyes:

Normal retail price for a pair of asics Gel Lyte 3s and 5s go for around $100-120 USD.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:21:57 by CPTBadAss »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1095 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:19:36 »
^

And they go for Nike just because of popularity. Nike is absolute ****.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1096 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:22:20 »

But, Jumpman jumpman jumpman  :p

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1097 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:39:04 »

Normal retail price for a pair of asics Gel Lyte 3s and 5s go for around $100-120 USD.

Buying sneakers in the states is much more "affordable" compared to the UK.
Oh wells, but yeah ASICS design are pretty nice too. Good change after all the Nike's and Adidas.

^

Hmm yeah, I do like ASICS Onitsuka Tiger series though.
Owned 3 pairs and I love all of them.  :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1098 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:09:30 »
Well if anyone wants some extra GLIII or V sz 10.5/11, you know where to find me

Offline bianco

« Reply #1099 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 01:48:57 »
since i couldn't find a black qasa... settled for this instead