Author Topic: The GH shoe thread  (Read 451562 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: The GH shoe thread
« Reply #1900 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 00:16:08 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1901 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 00:52:49 »
got a few UBs delivered today... reigning champ and cny2017

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That CNY colourway is amazing.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1902 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 01:59:12 »
got a few UBs delivered today... reigning champ and cny2017

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

great pics, bianco. :)

and tubular doom is the best sneaker name.  i thought about getting those just for the name, haha.

i love these shoes.

Show Image

Show Image

Those RC's are super super fire. I really wished I have gotten them earlier.
The resale on those are super crazy atm  :(
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1903 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 13:49:39 »
No Yeezy's today, unfortunately :(
Consortium made me play some crappy game. Won but still unable to add to cart. Lol.

Got my OG PK though a couple of weeks back
So I'm still very happy :)

pic since people are posting their kicks with their boards all over reddit these days lul.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1904 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 02:39:54 »
Saw people queueing outside my local size? on Sunday night. No idea what they were waiting for.

I bought some NB 247 Sports because they are still out of the black Luxe :'(

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1905 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 03:08:44 »
Oh god, I need some UB 3.0s.  Keep missing the different OD drops

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1906 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 08:55:22 »
About to pick up my first pair of Yuketens  :D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1907 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 10:02:58 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1908 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 16:07:09 »
Show Image

i like the color for those.  do you like how they fit?  i heard they run a little narrow.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1909 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 16:15:53 »
Thanks dude :)

Yeah they do feel a bit narrow but I don't have too wide feet so it doesn't bug me too much. they feel OK walking around but not so much when you are sitting around doing nothing much which is when i see myself wearing them more which is a shame.

Guess I should start running in them hah.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1910 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 02:22:32 »
still waiting on the trace cargo UBs
meanwhile...

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1911 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 04:43:05 »
meanwhile...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

man how do you get your hands on so much boost ?!

also, I've been looking around for the Adizeros in trace cargo but literally everywhere I've searched only has them in US8/8.5, aah I'm annoyed I didn't get into this hobby earlier :(

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1912 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 04:51:49 »
meanwhile...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ohhh that gradient core black. That was the shoe I was looking at when the 1.0 was not restocking but I waited for the 2.0 in the end.
Nice Silver UB btw. Was on the fence on whether I should get it but figured out I'll just pass and save for the Naked Ultraboost.
Really wanted that but was really unsure bout the sizing since apparently it was a "women's" pair?

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #1913 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 09:15:41 »

Not everything, but most of my collection (about 15 pair not shown). However, I scored big time on the Ruvilla sale and have another 14 pair comming of mostly Nike and Jordan Retros.

I like shoes.

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #1914 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 09:22:42 »

My UltraBoost R1 "Core Black"

Got these from a friend who works at a luxury retailer in their internal sample sale.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1915 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 00:25:04 »
i hunt online and luckily i was able to get a number on retail shops locally.
the naked UB? is that the light teal color? i think it's only for women's sizes/line
it's nice. too bad they didn't release it for men

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1916 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 09:09:58 »
the naked UB? is that the light teal color? i think it's only for women's sizes/line

Indeed it is that teal coloured one. But from what I've seen and read, although the shoe model states "W", its follows the men's sizing.
Gonna try and get my hands on that :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1917 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 09:35:09 »

Indeed it is that teal coloured one. But from what I've seen and read, although the shoe model states "W", its follows the men's sizing.
Gonna try and get my hands on that :D

yeah lots of confusion around the sizing for those.  they're in men's sizes.  safest thing is to look at the EU size.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1918 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 14:50:35 »
So did anyone score the SNS Ultra Boost? Maybe in a 10.5 or 10?

I spent all morning trying to get them like I did a few weeks back during the prerelease drop, and it is days like this that make me think about getting out of the shoe hobby altogether. It's just so disheartening when everyone is using bots, getting multiples and reselling them, and here you are an actual human trying to get them legitimately and you realize you don't have a frozen chance in hell. It's like a Clack sale with zero regulations against scripts and bots - no fun.

The SNS, Triple Black Uncaged, and the Trace Cargo Military were the only ones I have wanted recently and all 3 I got kicked in the teeth bent over and raped trying to get them.
I am both sad and mad.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1919 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 15:00:12 »
meanwhile...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Why is the heel of the sole sticking out so far? For proper stride? Other than collecting, what are these intended for? Running?

I definitely would love to try a pair, but right now I can't afford ****. Having chronic foot, leg, back problems, I really want to see what this boost hype is all about. How is the insole that comes with them? Good arch support? Is the boost mushy?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1920 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 20:32:10 »
meanwhile...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Why is the heel of the sole sticking out so far? For proper stride? Other than collecting, what are these intended for? Running?

I definitely would love to try a pair, but right now I can't afford ****. Having chronic foot, leg, back problems, I really want to see what this boost hype is all about. How is the insole that comes with them? Good arch support? Is the boost mushy?

I don't know many people that actually run in UBs, mostly just sneakerheads and hypebeasts. Even though I hate the look of boost and most shoes that have it, it's pretty comfy.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1921 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 03:20:15 »
Ultra boost can be a good running shoe, but it's expensive and not for everyone. The best option for getting the right running shoe is to just go to a local running shoe store and get fitted.

One of the less commonly known boost running shoes is the adizero adios series. The design is pretty dope but the real plus is that it's a full on running shoe; marathon world records have been broken with those shoes. I have a pair of adios boost 3 in orange/black. Got them new for $60 on ebay and it's way cheaper than the triple white ultra boosts I wanted. They don't pair well with everything I own but I have other plain white/black sneakers to take care of that.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1922 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 07:11:47 »
i haven't really used the UBs for running/jogging. but walking is very comfortable.
i have flat feet and although the insoles doesn't have a prominent bulge for arch support, the UBs are the shoes that i prefer walking with the most.
actually, if you take the insoles of the UB and slip them on the NMDs, the NMD becomes more comfortable... although i'd still go with UBs

Offline bianco

« Reply #1923 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 00:53:17 »
trace cargos
arrived just in time... to be worn at the gnr concert the same night!
my favorite pair (for now)

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #1924 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 12:48:08 »
For Running, I have really liked the Adidas Sequence 8 as it is very supportive, light enough, and still has some packed Boost for impact.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1925 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 16:19:14 »
trace cargos

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

did you get them for retail?

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #1926 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 17:17:48 »

I run in all my ultra boosts. Have about ~1300 miles across three pairs. They fall apart pretty easily (two of my three soles have cracks in them) and the laces fray easily. If you're not careful when running in them, they really do put a little bit of extra stress on heels (reason being is that the boost doesn't exclusively act as cushion but also adds springy-ness, so your heel does more work when landing your foot), but I'm the kind of runner more likely to have knee problems, so that's okay with me. Also, they're heavy and can run a little hot (the primeknit stuff on top or whatever helps, but it's still not as nice as the mesh you can get on some ultralight runners).

But now that I finished that paragraph of ****ting on them, they are the greatest running shoes I ever had. They're so damn comfortable and I never have sole or ankle problems. I don't feel confident on a race day if I am not wearing my boosts, and honestly feel like together we make a team. The springy-ness I complained about before makes running downhill effortless (I mean literally, even in long races), and makes flat running pure relaxation. The insoles are great, even when wet (that's something I never thought I'd say), but are prone to wrinkling a little and shifting around easily if you make it a routine to clean them out. If I didn't have to compete with ****ty collectors, I wouldn't even look at other shoes. As it is, I'm considering buying the Adizero Adios 3 and the Adizero Boston 6 to see if their boost can be just as nice.

I previously ran in New Balances Minimus Zeros for lightness (and zero drop when I was in on that fad), Saucony Ride 7s for cushioning, and Under Armour Speedforms for comfortable fit. None of those experiences compare, and now I expect a completely different quality of 'cushioning' from every shoe I ever wear. That said, I am also the only person I know irl with this opinion. All my running buddies find them to be 'too much' and prefer something both lighter and with less cushioning, so your mileage may vary (pun intended).
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2017, 17:19:56 by clappingcactus »

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1927 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 19:31:35 »
Ultra boost for running works, like they're actually good running shoes, but the cost is so high. I buy my main trainers, Brooks GTS, at $50 a pair. If you run 30 mpw 40 weeks a year that's 1200 miles, which is 2-3 pairs of shoes depending on other factors. I don't care too much about wearing nice stuff while running anyways since I'm wearing split shorts and weird running gear. If you're not poor like me then dropping extra money on shoes you like isn't a problem, but I wouldn't be comfortable putting mileage on a expensive shoe because it becomes a cost issue for me.

On another note, I think it might be tine for me to grab another pair of adidas sneakers soon. I'm thinking black gazelle og? Choices...

Offline bianco

« Reply #1928 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 21:54:13 »
trace cargos

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

did you get them for retail?

unfortunately, (most) are not retail. it's difficult for me to queue up and unlucky to get a reservation online. the smaller shops bring in only a limited number of sizes and my size... typically would have a pair or two.

anyways, i just think about the time spent lining up for the shoes and how much it would cost me if i actually took the day off from work... then justify the premium that i have to fork out to the resellers. the models that are less popular (i.e. the oreo and the silver), i got them for retail because they still had a lot of stock leftover at the local adidas shop.

hopefully, i don't fall into the "****ty collectors" group. all the pairs that i get... they get mileage (walking mileage that is)...  :))

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #1929 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 23:19:54 »

Anybody here getting the J. crew Killshots? They were discontinued, people cried out in anguish, and now they're back! Currently the CP achilles low is my go-to sneaker, but this will be a nice change of pace. Definitely not sleeping on these this time around.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1930 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 19:54:40 »
163087-0
gettin' wet

Offline bianco

« Reply #1931 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 01:12:35 »

Offline bianco

« Reply #1932 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 11:19:59 »
trying the eqt boost

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1933 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 16:54:17 »
Even more L's today, and not even on difficult cops. I haven't been able to get a shoe I wanted at retail since November.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1934 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 18:29:54 »
Even more L's today, and not even on difficult cops. I haven't been able to get a shoe I wanted at retail since November.

What's an L

Spring is coming and I'm getting the sneaker itch....

Need something green.....

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1935 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 20:10:50 »

What's an L

took an L = took a loss on a drop

it kinda worked out though, I may have a good deal on the Ultra Boost LTD Grey/Tan's

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1936 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 20:16:01 »

What's an L

took an L = took a loss on a drop

it kinda worked out though, I may have a good deal on the Ultra Boost LTD Grey/Tan's

Well **** son, that sucks. If you ever need a Canadian to try and help out, hit me up. Regarding "L"s anyway.

Hope you get them good deal boosts!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1937 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 02:08:21 »
Those New Balance 247s came back in stock on Tuesday. Had no money. Thought the black ones might still be in stock by the time I got paid, but they were sold out by midday.

FML.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1938 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 19:19:05 »
Went to the mall for some Cortez, came back with these:

Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1939 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 00:16:24 »
I'm hunting for a pair of Nike Tennis Classic AC SP's in white/gum. Can't find one in my size. They're not very popular but I like the shoe a lot better than the colorways on Stan Smiths.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #1940 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 10:53:49 »
The vapormax are the real deal. More comfortable than ultra boosts.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1941 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 11:17:21 »

Show Image

I want a pair sooooo bad

Triple black pls
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1942 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 03:07:16 »

Show Image

I love the upper and that colourway.
The bottoms... not so much.
Still very curious to try it on. Since there are conflicting comments as to which are more comfortable.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1943 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 03:07:59 »
leather cage

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1944 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 04:47:49 »
leather cage

Show Image

Show Image

Hot damn that's a nice colour

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1945 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 16:14:59 »

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1946 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 16:48:12 »
leather cage

Show Image

Show Image

I've never wanted shoes so much as I want these!  :eek:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #1947 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 02:01:49 »
Mostly these at the moment, and another pair in a different colour. My first Asics. Gotta say they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Doing wonders for my back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1948 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 05:12:55 »
Mostly these at the moment, and another pair in a different colour. My first Asics. Gotta say they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Doing wonders for my back.

Show Image

I'm getting freaked out that the color changes in the mirror. Wow, that's a nice touch to the fabric.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #1949 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 05:52:07 »

Show Image

I'm getting freaked out that the color changes in the mirror. Wow, that's a nice touch to the fabric.

Yeah they're pretty weird. Colourway is 'Chameleon'.