Author Topic: [IC] SPACE EXTENDED - NEW SA Doubleshot Font Project  (Read 35075 times)

Offline CQ_Cumbers

[IC] SPACE EXTENDED - NEW SA Doubleshot Font Project
« on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 08:54:55 »

Space Extended is a new Eurostile inspired font for SA profile keycaps that Oobly, together with CQ_Cumbers, has recently developed.

Eurostile has been a perennially futuristic choice of typeface for movies, video games, and (of course) keyboards since the 1950s, and with its distinctive wide, thick, slightly curved lines, it provides a great counterpoint to the narrow, thin, and straight Gorton Modified (used in Jukebox) that is currently the only font option Signature Plastics has for SA profile keycaps. While Gorton is a decent looking font that suits a number of classic keyset designs, cutting SA doubleshot legends for Space Extended will provide more options and greater flexibility for set designers, opening up possibilities for sets that could not have been made before, especially those inspired by science and science fiction. We originally created this font for the Classic Space set, to emulate the font used on the original Lego pieces that set is inspired by, but Space Extended is certainly not limited to Lego - it has been used in everything from 2001: A Space Odyssey to the Valentine Typewriter and the Commodore PET, and we hope it can be just as versatile among SA keycap designs. If funded, the legends will be available to all future group buys, giving designers a larger palette to paint their creative visions with.  It's really time we raised the bar for what can be done in SA.

Note that the renders are almost but not quite final, as some may need more adjusting to SP's specifications, but overall the design of the legends should not change significantly

Renders of Classic Space, the first keycap set that will use this font, are coming soon.

Inspiration

From The Lego Movie

From 2001: A Space Odyssey

From the Olivetti Valentine

From the Commodore PET

Fundraising Plans

To make it possible, however, we will need your support. The main factor preventing new fonts from being introduced is cost: molds for keycap legends are $50 per key, and with 104 keys for just a basic ANSI layout, this will be a large project, but one with a potentially huge payoff for all keyboard enthusiasts. To this end, we plan on running a group buy for a limited edition 2016: A Space Extended Adventure set of keycaps, inspired by the screens of HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. These will probably cost significantly more than other novelty keycaps, so think of them more as a thank-you for supporting the costs of making the legends. If this is not enough, we plan on setting up a lottery for the first test set produced with this new font, the unique color scheme of which you can find below. If you win this, you will end up owning a piece of keyboard history, the first completely non-Gorton SA profile set to come from Signature Plastic's molds, and a one-off design that will be yours to keep! Note that these are plans, however, not promises, and we will have to wait until Oobly is available again (in one or two weeks) before running anything. The purpose of this interest check, like other interest checks, is to gauge community support and gather feedback on the font and the planned fundraising kit, before actually running them.

A preliminary render of the proposed 2016: A Space Extended Adventure fundraising keycap set.

Renders of the one-off test set are coming soon!

Summary
  • Space Extended is a set of doubleshot legends for all SA keycaps in a font inspired by Eurostile
  • Molds for these legends will cost us $50 per key. Out initial goal is to first fund all the legends for a standard full-size 104-key ANSI board, generic / UK ISO, and winkeyless kits.
  • Current plans are to run a 2016: A Space Extended Adventure set of novelty keys as a group buy to support the font effort. These will cost significantly more than typical novelty keys, so think of them more as a thank-you for supporting the project. If this is not enough money, we plan on setting up a test set lottery, which you will be able to enter for a chance to win the first test set made in this new font (keyboard history!)
  • If funding succeeds, other keycap designers will be free to use the font after Classic Space runs
  • The fundraiser is not running yet. The purpose of the interest check now is to gauge community interest and gather feedback

It will take some time for all the legends and the fundraising set to be approved, more time for the group buy to run, and even more time to cut the legends and check errors on the test set, before Classic Space, the first keycap set design with Space Extended, can run. We will update this thread as we progress. Please comment below if you are interested in supporting the Space Extended legends project, and if you have any questions, opinions, impressions, or suggestions about the font or the fundraising set; we sincerely appreciate any feedback!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 07:04:43 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] SPACE EXTENDED - NEW SA Doubleshot Font Project
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 09:22:19 »
I would be interested in the Massdrop set and/or a raffle.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 09:23:18 »
Please make an "atm machine" key!!!!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 09:28:58 »
TLDR; so are we fundraising and what do you need from us for this.  I was just talking about this set to a friend today and really excited to see we're almost there :thumb:

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:00:36 »
TLDR; so are we fundraising and what do you need from us for this.  I was just talking about this set to a friend today and really excited to see we're almost there :thumb:

We're not fundraising yet. We plan to do that through a special fundraising keycaps group buy, which will wait until Oobly is available again - which is at least after New Year's. For now, I am looking to gauge interest in the font, and gather feedback and opinions about the font and the proposed HAL themed fundraising keycap set.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:02:35 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:22:12 »
TLDR

lol Same.

If you need to, read the summary bullet points at the end of the post. I just wanted to include some pictures of the inspiration, and renders of the font and the HAL themed fundraising keycap set. Sorry!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:27:34 »
TLDR

lol Same.

If you need to, read the summary bullet points at the end of the post. I just wanted to include some pictures of the inspiration, and renders of the font and the HAL themed fundraising keycap set. Sorry!

I will! I was just confused because I thought earlier a whole new LEGO-themed keyset was going to be made, but I haven't kept up with that thread in a while. Now it seems that won't be the case, but I haven't read this new thread yet.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:40:16 »
Call us anxious CQ_Cumbers, we're watching the progress from the HYPE center here on geekhack.  Expect a little knee jerk when we see something new posted =)

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:48:54 »
TLDR

lol Same.

I will! I was just confused because I thought earlier a whole new LEGO-themed keyset was going to be made, but I haven't kept up with that thread in a while. Now it seems that won't be the case, but I haven't read this new thread yet.

Classic Space is still going - it will be the first full keyset to use this Space Extended font, after the font is funded. The HAL themed 2016: A Space Extended Adventure keycaps are a planned means of funding the font. This way, the Classic Space group buy doesn't need to have exceptionally high prices or minimum orders to succeed, and you don't have to buy Classic Space to support Space Extended, a font which I think will be useful for the whole community, not just one set.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 11:00:50 »
TLDR

lol Same.

Classic Space is still going - it will be the first full keyset to use this Space Extended font, after the font is funded. The HAL themed 2016: A Space Extended Adventure keycaps are a planned means of funding the font. This way, the Classic Space group buy doesn't need to have exceptionally high prices or minimum orders to succeed, and you don't have to buy Classic Space to support Space Extended, a font which I think will be useful for the whole community, not just one set.

Good explanation mate
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 11:11:39 »
Makes sense, even though I think more people would have paid extra for the Classic Space set than want the HAL-set. Of course, a lot of people might want to fund the font even if they're not wild about HAL, so that might bring the figures up.

Any idea how many sets would need to be sold at what price? 104x$50 is $5200, and that's not so bad, but then the production of the HAL sets come into it as well...

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:43:44 »
I'm in for Classic Space but don't have the funds to support both. I would honestly be fine with having to sell a few items and just pay the higher prices for Classic Space if it means I would get the set faster. It seems now that Classic Space will further be delayed until this set is complete. Best of luck though!
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:18:30 »
I'm in for Classic Space but don't have the funds to support both. I would honestly be fine with having to sell a few items and just pay the higher prices for Classic Space if it means I would get the set faster. It seems now that Classic Space will further be delayed until this set is complete. Best of luck though!

Unfortunately, funding the font by raising the price of Classic Space is probably impossible, as designers are only paid ~5% of sales, so we would need to sell more than $120,000.00 worth of Classic Space sets to get the font funded - quite a bit more than any set has sold before. A fundraising keycap set group buy would probably have to be run off the forum, with the prices increased substantially over typical novelty keycap sets, so that it would be essentially a thank-you to supporters for funding the font. By keeping these separate, people who want Classic Space can afford to buy Classic Space at a reasonable price from a typical group buy set, while people who want to help the community by funding a new font option for SA keycaps (people who want to make possible a Valentine typewriter themed set, or a better SA Skull Squadron, for example) can do so without paying a lot of extra money for Classic Space, which they might not be fans of in particular. I certainly would like to know how many people in the latter group, though.

If you have a different idea on how best to fund the font, I would love to hear it, too.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:21:36 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:28:04 »
Wow this is a really nice change from Gorton Modified. I hope you guys can raise enough money to make this a thing!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:29:34 »

Unfortunately, funding the font by raising the price of Classic Space is probably impossible, as designers are only paid ~5% of sales, so we would need to sell more than $120,000.00 worth of Classic Space sets to get the font funded - quite a bit more than any set has sold before. A fundraising keycap set group buy would probably have to be run off the forum, with the prices increased substantially over typical novelty keycap sets, so that it would be essentially a thank-you to supporters for funding the font. By keeping these separate, people who want Classic Space can afford to buy Classic Space at a reasonable price from a typical group buy set, while people who want to help the community by funding a new font option for SA keycaps (people who want to make possible a Valentine typewriter themed set, or a better SA Skull Squadron, for example) can do so without paying a lot of extra money for Classic Space, which they might not be fans of in particular. I certainly would like to know how many people in the latter group, though.

If you have a different idea on how best to fund the font, I would love to hear it, too.

Thank you for replying, I was afraid it would be impossible to go straight forward with the Classic Space set. Definitely splitting it up is better idea but I just hope that this set can get enough interest with it being white on black. I personally like it when the modifiers are of different colors, I haven't seen any sets with a good teal color yet. I'm really looking forward to the Classic Space set so I'll try my best to scrape together the case to support both.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 17:02:29 »

Thank you for replying, I was afraid it would be impossible to go straight forward with the Classic Space set. Definitely splitting it up is better idea but I just hope that this set can get enough interest with it being white on black. I personally like it when the modifiers are of different colors, I haven't seen any sets with a good teal color yet. I'm really looking forward to the Classic Space set so I'll try my best to scrape together the case to support both.

Sorry if it wasn't very clear, the black and white render is just so people can see what the font looks like without a color scheme. The actual fundraising keycaps we are planning to use, again more as a reward for supporters, are the set of 12 in different colors near the bottom of the post, inspired by HAL 9000's screens. This way, people don't need to pay for a whole set if they just want to support the font.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 17:06:15 »
More

Sorry if it wasn't very clear, the black and white render is just so people can see what the font looks like without a color scheme. The actual fundraising keycaps we are planning to use, again more as a reward for supporters, are the set of 12 in different colors near the bottom of the post, inspired by HAL 9000's screens. This way, people don't need to pay for a whole set if they just want to support the font.

Oh ok that makes more sense, the fault is likely mine for not 100% reading through the OP. Been super busy and been only having a few minutes here and there on the computer today, my apologies. I'll be glad to pitch in what I can to help fund these fonts, hoping to see these molds get a lot of use over the next year or so. :thumb:

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 18:35:36 »
This is a great idea. I'd support the fundraising by buying the HAL set.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 19:12:39 »
This font look interesting enough to grab my attention. I'll be watching to see how this progresses. Good luck!

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 20:07:20 »
I almost wonder if SP could help out with this, as it would be another font choice for set designers and for them to use if they were in the business of developing sets. Assuming there are future sets being developed with this, the legend costs could be spread out among those. I could see sets like Eve or Deep Space using this in the future.

It really depends on the cost for this set as to whether I would buy in, and with the fickle nature of group buys and the production times for SA, it could be awhile before we even get to see the fruits of your labor and our money. Definitely going to be watching developments for this though.

Also this is just another random thought, but I thought this was a cool idea and maybe a color chip novelty set using this font could be a decent option too.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2015, 20:15:50 by Dernubenfrieken »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 22:21:32 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:43:51 by alienman82 »

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 08:57:18 »
I like the font and I've been following the Classic Space IC for a while so stoked to see this all moving forward still.
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 11:16:25 »
Could we get 104 people to donate $50 or 208 at $25 etc. to help you get the legends made? I'm really looking forward to the Classic Space set and would love to help get the legends made for this set.

Offline Data

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 12:26:42 »
That font is sick.  I'm totally on board for this.

Can we have the option to buy a letter?  I want to buy D!  :p

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 13:26:17 »

Like the Cherry Replica legends fundraiser? I think that's a great idea - I'll discuss it with Oobly and livingspeedbump. We thought the group buy idea would be more popular because people might like getting a reward for supporting the project, but it looks like that frequently is not the case. We probably won't start actually gathering funds until January, though.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 13:57:30 »

Like the Cherry Replica legends fundraiser? I think that's a great idea - I'll discuss it with Oobly and livingspeedbump. We thought the group buy idea would be more popular because people might like getting a reward for supporting the project, but it looks like that frequently is not the case. We probably won't start actually gathering funds until January, though.

Just in time for my raise to come into effect!

Offline Iworkatwendys

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 22:36:16 »
I'm down for pitching in for the molds.  Whatever gets the classic space set moving forward.

Offline keyboardia1

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 03:15:57 »
I almost wonder if SP could help out with this, as it would be another font choice for set designers and for them to use if they were in the business of developing sets. Assuming there are future sets being developed with this, the legend costs could be spread out among those. I could see sets like Eve or Deep Space using this in the future.
Fair question. Shouldn't they at least pay some of the costs?

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:11:43 »
Fair question. Shouldn't they at least pay some of the costs?

Well, perhaps they should, but SP doesn't really have a history of making molds for free (Even the alternative fonts they say they have available, like Isotherm, you would have to pay for to cut in SA profile), especially as the previous Cherry Replica Legends project paid for DSA legends themselves. I'm not sure it's worth the time and effort to try to make SP do things differently. As for spreading the costs over multiple sets, I am currently talking with some other set designers about it, but no promises yet. Oobly is, unfortunately, still very busy with real life, so it may be a while (I don't know exactly how long) before we can run the fundraising sets.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 16:22:37 »
I would possibly be interested! Definitely a very cool project!

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 20:07:46 »
I love the font !!!  Definitely interested.

Though funny enough I actually prefer the black / white sample color way a lot better.  If someone can run that with all row 3 later that would be awesome.  :D

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline spectre

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 05:50:45 »

Show Image

A preliminary render of the proposed 2016: A Space Extended Adventure fundraising keycap set.

You stole my idea! I was going to call it Odyssey.
Depending on the price, I want it

Offline TheMalacoda

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 14:29:32 »
I'm in, of course. Just for curiosity's sake (because I'm going to buy it anyway) about how much do you think the fundraising keycap set will go for? Ballpark?

Offline mtl

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 21:11:02 »
Awesome legends. I would be happy to support the new font. Also, please add 1.5u mods!
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 January 2016, 21:13:27 by mtl »
MX13 SpaceSaver | Phantom | Tactoblack Filco -10 | Realforce 103U-UW | Variable Clicky Deck 82 | Deck Legend

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:33:51 »
I'm in, of course. Just for curiosity's sake (because I'm going to buy it anyway) about how much do you think the fundraising keycap set will go for? Ballpark?

Because we need to make enough money to fund the font, the fundraising keycap set will need to be more expensive, maybe around $50.  The final price could be different depending on the cost of making it, but based on current estimates, at that price about 200 purchases would be enough for us to reach the $6000 necessary to cut all the legends, get test sets made, correct errors, etc. The fundraising keycaps are essentially a thank-you for supporting the font, which will be free for any future SA sets to use.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:35:37 »

Because we need to make enough money to fund the font, the fundraising keycap set will need to be more expensive, maybe around $50.  The final price could be different depending on the cost of making it, but based on current estimates, at that price about 200 purchases would be enough for us to reach the $6000 necessary to cut all the legends, get test sets made, correct errors, etc. The fundraising keycaps are essentially a thank-you for supporting the font, which will be free for any future SA sets to use.
I'd do it, in order to make classic space a possibility!

Offline colomb

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 12:13:14 »
I'm in.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 12:14:39 »

I am in.

Offline regack

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 19:57:59 »
I'll support this.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 10:01:28 »
When...is this Fundraising GB happening?
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 02:30:46 »
Hi, been out of the loop for a while for personal reasons, but my current estimate of the 12 key fundraising set is $30 to $35. It does depend if we can get enough sets sold, but we're hoping to get it to Massdrop and perhaps that coupled with some decent promotion (and a few new renders) could bring in a decent amount of what we need for cutting legends. If it looks like it won't get enough exposure to sell in decent numbers, then the cost could well be closer to $50 as CQ_Cumbers has said, though. We'll be sending the legend files to Melissa soon for checking and get some quotes for different MOQ tiers.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 03:09:50 »

Hi, been out of the loop for a while for personal reasons, but my current estimate of the 12 key fundraising set is $30 to $35. It does depend if we can get enough sets sold, but we're hoping to get it to Massdrop and perhaps that coupled with some decent promotion (and a few new renders) could bring in a decent amount of what we need for cutting legends. If it looks like it won't get enough exposure to sell in decent numbers, then the cost could well be closer to $50 as CQ_Cumbers has said, though. We'll be sending the legend files to Melissa soon for checking and get some quotes for different MOQ tiers.
Good to know, thx for the update.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 09:26:56 »
to reach the $6000 necessary to cut all the legends, get test sets made, correct errors, etc

I'm really looking forward to the Classic Space keycaps, but as an ISO user can I ask what ISO options are included in the 6k?  I'm not sure how the legends will work.  I assume if "backspace" is made, then it can be used by other designers to replace Caps Lock (such as with Pulse).   I guess Plank/White Fox might need some special legends as well.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 15:09:47 »
to reach the $6000 necessary to cut all the legends, get test sets made, correct errors, etc

I'm really looking forward to the Classic Space keycaps, but as an ISO user can I ask what ISO options are included in the 6k?  I'm not sure how the legends will work.  I assume if "backspace" is made, then it can be used by other designers to replace Caps Lock (such as with Pulse).   I guess Plank/White Fox might need some special legends as well.

As far as I know, current plans are to include basic legends for UK ISO compatibility, but probably not for Planck or White Fox unless we raise significantly more than $6000 and there is a lot of support for legends in a specific nonstandard layout.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 15:22:34 »

As far as I know, current plans are to include basic legends for UK ISO compatibility, but probably not for Planck or White Fox unless we raise significantly more than $6000 and there is a lot of support for legends in a specific nonstandard layout.
Arent fonts row agnostic?

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 16:34:37 »

I wouldn't think so, at least for doubleshot.  The letters would need to follow the contour of the cap itself.

Hopefully someone with more info than me can chime in.

Offline nemoy

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:56:30 »
These are awesome. I love the font!

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 06:59:10 »

I wouldn't think so, at least for doubleshot.  The letters would need to follow the contour of the cap itself.

AFAIK, SA legends can be reused for any SA row profile key of the same size, but not for keys of different sizes, or any profiles outside the SA family. This means sculpted, all R3, Colemak, Dvorak, QWERTZ, AZERTY, etc. layouts are all possible at no additional cost, but Planck, Ergodox, and other layouts with nonstandard key sizes would require additional legends to be cut.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 07:08:53 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 07:18:12 »

AFAIK, SA legends can be reused for any SA row profile key of the same size, but not for keys of different sizes, or any profiles outside the SA family. This means sculpted, all R3, Colemak, Dvorak, QWERTZ, AZERTY, etc. layouts are all possible at no additional cost, but Planck, Ergodox, and other layouts with nonstandard key sizes would require additional legends to be cut.

Thats what I thought, thanks. White fox support shouldn't be too bad depending on the layout, and buying one or two legends for a specialty kit shouldn't hurt future GB's too badly.