Author Topic: Excited to be here!  (Read 2860 times)

Offline turangaleela

• らんだむぶれいん!わおっ 叫んじゃえ わおっ
Excited to be here!
« on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 13:17:43 »
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time builder. I've been checking out the hobby and information surrounding mech keys for a few years now and finally got the gumption to put together my first build. Here she is:

board
KBDFans Tiger80 TKL in purple
switches
Cherry MX reds, stem and housing lubed with Krytox GPL 205 and springs with 105
keycaps
Drop + biip MT3 Extended 2048 (Kits used: alphas, icono, media icons, modifiers)

Overall I'm really happy with this board as a first build; I'm a video editor and chronic note-taker, so a comfortable and good-looking keyboard had been something I've wanted for a while! The sound and look of this build are both superb, but I'm a little unhappy with the MT3 profile keycaps (I think my fingers are too small for them to sit comfortably) and will be switching to a cherry profile my next go around.

Looking forward to more keebs! See you all on the forums and thanks for reading  ;D

Offline th3_outs1d3r

Re: Excited to be here!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 14:27:03 »
Sweet board dude. How do you find the keycap profile?

Offline turangaleela

• らんだむぶれいん!わおっ 叫んじゃえ わおっ
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 19:24:12 »
Sweet board dude. How do you find the keycap profile?

You know what? The more I break the keys in, the happier and more comfortable I am with the profile. They sat a little too high compared to what I was used to at first but honestly I love how they feel and how they sound; just took a bit of time to get used to the new profile.

Offline DavidFhu

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 August 2022, 06:21:23 »
Hi turangaleela

It is a lovely piece of work there. Wonder if you could share more on how you prepare and lube your keyboard?

I have Keychron K6 and K3V2. I am happy with K6, but feel a bit stiff with K3V2 low profile keyboard. Plan to lube it as I would share more time on it.

What is your recommendation?

Offline turangaleela

• らんだむぶれいん!わおっ 叫んじゃえ わおっ
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 August 2022, 16:02:18 »
Hi turangaleela

It is a lovely piece of work there. Wonder if you could share more on how you prepare and lube your keyboard?

I have Keychron K6 and K3V2. I am happy with K6, but feel a bit stiff with K3V2 low profile keyboard. Plan to lube it as I would share more time on it.

What is your recommendation?

Thanks David! I would definitely recommend Taeha Types' tutorial for lubing switches, very comprehensive:

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 22:29:56 »
Sweet board dude. I was curious about MT3 too but looks like it may not be a good choice for me either. Thanks for sharing dude.