Author Topic: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3  (Read 53827 times)

Offline JubJubCity

Re: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 18:05:56 »
Paid,cant wait to receive.

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 18:08:38 »
I heard that invoices are starting to roll out. To confirm, we have to add $3 on the unengraved weights to get them polished?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I've mashed through a pretty big batch of them this afternoon.

No, don't add anything yet. I'm going to wait and see how much the polishing ends up coming out to be in total. I'll ask you to add it on to the shipping invoice or just send over $3 later on. My plan right now is to polish all 165 weights and then ask for honor system payments later on. It seemed too painful to go back and ask all the un-engraved folks who wants polished. I assume no one is going to be mad about polishing and I'll sort out getting the extra $ later on. Hope that makes sense. :)

In other quick news- I got the SS samples in today, the final layout done and the quote issued from the manufacturer. Things are moving right along.
Ah okay, makes sense. Can't wait for my invoice!

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 19:35:54 »
Received and paid my invoice, thanks for the GB Steve!

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 20:41:18 »
Paid. Looking forward to dat fat brass!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Eggplant

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 20:54:53 »
Invoice received and paid for,

Can't wait!  :D

Offline Shados

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 20:55:46 »
Paid. Looking forward to getting the weights (typing this on my Eagle).

Offline captainish

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 07:55:16 »
Paid. Thanks for putting in the legwork on this.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 09:00:35 »
Paid for both weights, thanks!

Offline inosint

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 11:03:02 »
Paid. Thank you for putting this together for the community.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 16:21:49 »
What is the new timeline looking like with the payments being done now?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 16:29:27 »
What is the new timeline looking like with the payments being done now?

Timeline update:
Going to carve out a few hours this weekend and get all the invoices out. Again, I'll post here when everything is out, so if you don't get an invoice at that time, please let me know. As mentioned, I'm going to place the order Monday, so I'm not too worried about a payment deadline, but kindly pay as quickly as possible.

Order to be placed: Aug 6
Brass in hand: Aug 15-17
Brass to polishing: Aug 20
Un-engraved weights start to ship: Aug 27
Other brass to engravers: Aug 27
Engraved weights start to ship: HOPEFULLY Aug 30/31. I'm going to be in Tokyo the week of 9/3, so I really hope to have everything done before losing that week. If anything is delayed, the engraved weights will ship when I get back, sorry.

This slips by maybe a day or two- really depends on how fast they get me the brass. I have final quote- just waiting on a few minor changes to that... should have it paid this afternoon or tomorrow. I still think un-engraved weights ship the week of the 27th. I'll keep updated here- clearly I'm an optimist and things can happen to delay a bit, but I don't see any major trainwrecks ahead (famous last GB runner words... what was the original E8-V1 shipping estimate, like 8 weeks after order?  :'().

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 18:13:13 »
Ok, invoices are all out - except for four folks I'm still waiting on order confirmation on or other questions. Woot woot!! If you think you should have an invoice for a weight or two but do not see it in your PayPal, please send me a message.

Thank everyone VERY much for paying so quickly. We are well over halfway paid and I appreciate that a lot.

As mentioned, I'm waiting on a couple minor updates on the quote and these bad boys will be ordered!

Any other questions or comments or just want to shoot the breeze- feel free to reach out anytime!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 21:42:30 »
Paid.

Thank you for putting this buy together!

Offline xine007

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 22:20:37 »
Thanks, smittysteve!

Offline breitling

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 17:51:51 »
Paid!

Offline breitling

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 15:54:16 »
Just checking in - Are these on track?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 19:44:33 »
Hello All,

Been meaning to find some minutes to sit down for an update on all that's going on- sorry it's been a bit.

Things are going very well for the most part. Manufacturer is working away on our brass and will be shipping on the 27th.

There is one potential bump in the form of a newly added next step. The manufacturer I've gone with is water-jet cutting the brass. That is lovely for cutting the metal, but does not lend itself nicely to detail work. In Merlin's run, he had a nice countersink around each screw hole so the screws sit flush against the brass weight. I have gone slightly beyond the suggested thickness for the weight, as provided by Duck. Side note, Merlin's were as well, and they fit perfectly, so I'm not worried about that, but if we then don't have countersinks, I'm nervous about metal screws in dangerous territory for bumping against PCB underbellies. I THINK we would be ok still, and thought about doing nylon screws so we don't short anything, but then decided that just isn't the way to go, let's do this all right. SO, long story short, I have found a CNC shop in Tucson that will cut the countersinks for us. I did go back in and do an 11th hour analysis of doing the whole thing at the CNC shop vs water jet cutting the brass and then CNC-ing the countersinks. It was still more cost effective to water-jet cut the brass as planned... but I'm effectively through my safety margin. I've been part of enough GBs that I expected something like this (Jordan and I say they aren't unplanned expenses around the house- we expect an AC to fail or a pool pump to go south - both summer events for us by the way - we just don't know what it will be or when), so I did build in a bit of safety net. I was hoping to not need that and pass that over to shipping... but at $1/ hole (the bigger weights have 6!! And seems an ok place, the other place in town quoted me $4 a hole!?!), this chews up that net. Onward without a parachute!! :)

This will also add two weeks. Sorry about this, but the CNC shop is slammed and for the price, I have to wait for them. CNC shop has us on the schedule and the brass will be shipped directly to them, but it's going to take a bit of time.

From there, I'll take them for polish, and the polishing shop is ready to roll. Then will start shipping the un-engraved and take the others for pretty picture/ word carving.

Updated timeline:
Brass ships: 8/27
Countersinks done: 9/14
Polishing done: 9/21
Shipping un-engraved: Week of 9/24
Engraving done: 9/28
Shipping engraved: week of 10/1

Whew, time flies.

Thanks for everyone's interest, kind messages and fast PayPal payments. We're about 80% paid for... if you still are waiting to pay an invoice, no worries, but please do clear that up asap as we have these other services to pay for. If you need a lot more time, also no worries, just please send me a note. I start to get nervous that all the kids are getting... BRASS for Christmas if I'm holding too many of these bad boys.  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 20:02:23 »
sounds good Steve, fwiw i would be willing to pony up the dollar per hole for countersinking... :P

hopefully there is enough clearance for some button top like screws if no one else does

Offline Jedi

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 22:04:53 »
Great updates boss. GH has been and continues to be a group of good peoplewhen it comes to making sure the runners are taken care of for their troubles so don't be a stranger if the unexpected happens (I feel from how you manage this project that is not the case) so just let us know what you need and how.  I'm sure those participating in this group buy understand (you can count me in that).

Keep up the great work!

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 22:16:45 »
Have you gotten a quotation for overseas shipping? I really do not wish to be shell shocked later.

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 00:11:27 »
+1 on paying additional fees for the holes.

You've been awesome. Thanks for the 411.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 00:23:01 »
+1 on paying additional fees for the holes.

You've been awesome. Thanks for the 411.
I second this!!!!!!

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 18:48:07 »
Thanks for the update, Steve!

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 23:18:10 »
Have you gotten a quotation for overseas shipping? I really do not wish to be shell shocked later.

Any updates on this?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 20:53:04 »
Hello Everyone...

Sort of a non-update update here. I'm in the Tokyo area for the week working. I just love this place. :) Hoping Typhoon Jebi fades as it comes ashore today/ tomorrow down by Shikoku/ Honshu. Sending thoughts of safety for everyone down there. Here in Chiba and Tokyo, they are calling for rain and 30-35mph winds- not too terrible.

With Monday being a holiday in the US, no mail moved, but I expect the brass will arrive in Tucson tomorrow for the CNC work. I'm hoping they can get to them quickly, but he's told me it's going to take a couple of weeks due to their schedule. I'm pushing on that as much as possible.

After that, polishing and engraving is ready to go.

With many apologies, I do not have international shipping quotes yet, really sorry. Just one thing I've not gotten to in the midst of running the buy, normal life, travel, etc. I promise to get more information on that when back in Tucson next week.

Have a good one, all and thanks as always for all your support on this little GB ride with me.  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 07:52:11 »
lookin forward to seeing ya'll weights  :cool:

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 18:57:13 »
Update: 9-14

Hi all- hope the "fall" is going well for everyone. I "" fall because it's still a bloody 103 degrees here today! Anyone in Florence's path, stay safe!

Thanks for everyone's patience through a busy few weeks for me. Japan was awesome- so love that place and somehow made it back without a JIS Topre board in tow... though I was tempted a few times in Akihabara.

The weights are in Tucson! I went and visited them a couple of days ago at the CNC shop- they look lovely (sorry, totally flubbed grabbing a picture of the stack o'brass on the shelf!). The countersink cnc'ing is in progress- I groveled (with dignity, thank you) to ask him to work them in between jobs. I think this will happen and I should be picking them up latter half of next week. Then will be over to polishing and then will start shipping the un-engraved while the others go off for drawings.

I spent some time over lunch today at the post office. It's not going to be as bad as I feared for the international folks. I looked at the size and weight we are likely to be sending here and it's going to be between $20-40 for everyone outside of North America, I believe - and significantly closer to the $20 range for almost everyone. Even AUS I think I can keep under $30 if I do it right. Cross your fingers, ladies and gents outside NA, I'll do my very best to keep the shipping down as much as possible.

Outstanding invoices... we're in pretty good shape, but as I've mentioned, it's going to take every dollar here. There are about 10 outstanding invoices. Again, please pay as soon as possible as the next phases of the project will require payments soon.

That's about it for now. Have a great weekend!!

Offline YiZZo

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 19:04:19 »
Cool man thanks for the update! Have a good weekend yourself.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 19:15:30 »
Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 19:37:34 »
Thanks for the update.

Offline sozo

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 16:15:02 »
oof sad that i missed this
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 September 2018, 16:21:35 by sozo »

Offline sozo

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 16:20:45 »
Outstanding invoices... we're in pretty good shape, but as I've mentioned, it's going to take every dollar here. There are about 10 outstanding invoices. Again, please pay as soon as possible as the next phases of the project will require payments soon.

That's about it for now. Have a great weekend!!

If it's possible to take someone's spot for the weight I'd be down!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 14:14:06 »
Can't wait to see them. You're the hero we need (but don't deserve)! Thanks for all you do.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 18:46:49 »
Countersinks... countersunk!!

Looks like I robbed Fort Knox. And please excuse the dirty Subee- I'll get rid of the dog hair from everyone's weight before shipping.  :-[

They are now with the polishing house- should be done by the end of next week. I'm out traveling again next week, so will pick them up Monday the first and start shipping the un-engraved weights/ get the others to the engraver. That's the good news. The bad news is that the countersink work drained my safety net and went right into the polishing money. The countersinks were $1 a hole, so as you'd imagine, 872 unplanned holes blows up my nice spreadsheet. As I mentioned, I'll ask for everyone to kindly add $5 for polishing as you pay shipping invoices. It's not mandatory - I set the pricing and will stand by that- it's my bad. However, as to not take it too badly in the shorts, I'd sure appreciate chipping in on the polishing and thank everyone who has replied here or messaged to say no sweat on that. Really sorry for the unplanned expenses.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 18:56:41 »
Steve these are looking good! Sorry to hear about the unexpected expense with the screw holes. I'll throw ya some more money via PayPal. I can donate $20 to the cause.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 19:09:53 »
These look amazing and I’ll be more than happy to chip in to cover the extra cost on my shipping invoice. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 19:49:28 »
no problem, can get you another $20 on top of shipping for my two weights Steve. GLWGB!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 19:54:31 »
Same here just bill me and i will pay for those lovely weights    :p

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 01:51:53 »
These look amazing and I’ll be more than happy to chip in to cover the extra cost on my shipping invoice. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Same here just bill me and i will pay for those lovely weights    :p

no problem, can get you another $20 on top of shipping for my two weights Steve. GLWGB!

Steve these are looking good! Sorry to hear about the unexpected expense with the screw holes. I'll throw ya some more money via PayPal. I can donate $20 to the cause.

Thank you all very kindly- so very much love our community!

I'm really pleased with the way they turned out, I think everyone will be stoked when they see them. The CNC work on the countersinks is tight and I know this polisher does a really nice job. Going to be worthy additions to these tasty boards.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 03:06:14 »
Is it still possible to get one engraved weight for now?

Offline techfresh

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 13:55:46 »
Damn those are looking sexy.  Can't wait to complete my Viper :)

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 17:17:39 »

+1 here too.

Offline inosint

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:34:39 »
+1 be happy to pitch in. Thanks for the updates and transparency Smitty.

+1 here too.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 12:32:52 »
Same here

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 15:18:57 »
Damn those are looking sexy.  Can't wait to complete my Viper :)

Thanks man- same here! I put the sample SS weight I made in my Viper and it was very noticeable. Looking forward to upgrading that to brass.

+1 be happy to pitch in. Thanks for the updates and transparency Smitty.

Thanks, my pleasure!

+1 here too.

Many thanks!

Is it still possible to get one engraved weight for now?

Think I've got you covered.

Same here

Thank you very much!

+1 here too.

Thank you, my friend!

Also, super minor, but since we're all in for the ride together... we have screws! Arrived today. Went for brassies for you fine ladies and gents!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 15:23:22 »
Awesome! Thanks for bringing us along for the ride! :)

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 18:59:34 »
Man all these teases got me worked up, i'm loving it.  :p

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 23:31:06 »
brass screws too? holy shet  ;D

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 01:27:33 »
wow these teasers look amazing  :eek:

Can’t wait to get mine and for sure will pay additional 10$ to help you cover the costs.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 16:47:40 »
Hello All,

I have mostly good news to share this fine Saturday... with just a little bad too, sorry.

The good:

These things came out SO nice. I’m really pleased with everything and as you can see, the polishing, fit and counter sinks are all perfect.

The bad - well, it’s masking as more good for me. Not ideal for everyone waiting to strap these babies in. I cashed out the frequent flier bank and we’re off on vacation for a week. I’m sitting at LAX with a sleeping Ruby on my lap, boarding shortly for Kauai. Sorry, not sorry.

I had really hoped to ship un-engraved this week, but the polishing house was slow. They did good work, but I picked them up after work yesterday, so nothing will get out until next Monday the 15th.

Apologies for that, but life is always so busy in the fall. I did wake up extra early this am to test the fit in my LSv3 here because I just had to know everything was good before I left. It felt heavy in there and looked great. Everyone will be stoked. Remember that I did this all just because I wanted these in my boards and I’d be really happy to receive this hunk o’brass, so I’m excited to see them in everyone’s rigs.

There are still 6-7 invoices outstanding. If you’re one of those and happen to see this, please message me and let me know if you’re still in or not. Willing to work with you, as needed, just kindly let me know.

As a reminder, I’m going to invoice everyone for shipping and polishing as I send them off. Shipping will be $13.95 flat rate box for everyone CONUS and $5 (optional but appreciated) for the polishing fund.

Have a good week, y’all. Thanks so much for everyone’s support all along the ride. It’s been fun and the end is in sight. Aloha!