Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1185532 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [SHIPPING-RESUME]
« Reply #1700 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 03:25:10 »
It has been many years since I was a student. Back then having a laptop was not the norm.

Can those in university tell me what are the odds of a university student, especially one in an engineering discipline at a reputable university, not having a laptop? I'm not here to judge; I just want to assess probabilities calmly.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1701 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 03:33:24 »
I do not believe Harry is unscrupulous.  He did take the money, but sent it on to Tai Hao, and received nearly 1000 keycap sets.

Unfortunately Real Life interceded in his attempts to package and post those nearly 1000 sets.

At least he was up front about delays late last year, and has now admitted that he is having difficulty shipping everything out.

I can think of one or two other GBs where things went very much more sour than this, and one where the keycap manufacturer was out of pocket and everyone had to pay for keycaps twice.  At least in this situation the worst you'll have is maybe paying a little extra for shipping.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pipe

« Reply #1702 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 07:40:00 »
Can those in university tell me what are the odds of a university student, especially one in an engineering discipline at a reputable university, not having a laptop? I'm not here to judge; I just want to assess probabilities calmly.
Maybe he has one, but he can't take it with him for this thing (a trip maybe)?

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1703 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 11:56:20 »
edit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 June 2015, 12:54:21 by Jixr »

Offline Nemphis

« Reply #1704 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 02:30:18 »
I can swear I sent a pm to Harry for this, but can't find it anymore.
A friend is going to Hong Kong this summer, and I wondered if it's possible for him to come pick up my set.
If there are more orders for Belgium, I guess he'll be able to bring them with him as well (if it aren't too many sets).
I'm willing to take care of the delivery of those sets.
Please let me know if this would work out for you or not, Harry.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1705 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 09:46:41 »
I can swear I sent a pm to Harry for this, but can't find it anymore.
A friend is going to Hong Kong this summer, and I wondered if it's possible for him to come pick up my set.
If there are more orders for Belgium, I guess he'll be able to bring them with him as well (if it aren't too many sets).
I'm willing to take care of the delivery of those sets.
Please let me know if this would work out for you or not, Harry.

Hi Nemphis

Thank you for your offer of help.

Around when will your friend leave Hong Kong?

I will return to Hong Kong by the end of this month and is possible to hand you set of keycaps to him, or maybe send it to his hotel.

For the proxy part, I hope i could have free time to sort the different country of the shipment before i return.
And I would have to think of a way to be able to do that,
maybe asking the participants to authorize the proxy or so

thank you again for your offer of help

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1706 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 09:49:20 »
It has been many years since I was a student. Back then having a laptop was not the norm.

Im sorry but yes i really don't have a laptop
I had one and it is now used by my parents as they needed that

And theres always computer at school that i can finish my job there

I am now using the computer in the hotel in Tomakomai Japan

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1707 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 09:52:47 »
I hate to say it but Jixr was right the whole time.

Props to Berserkfan and Hoff and anyone trying to salvage this mess.

My question is why is Harry leaving HK, esp after admitting to malicious wrongdoing and why is anyone besides HIM paying for ANYTHING.

He should be the one coming out of pocket to rectify this mess he created.

As a mostly outsider looking in, please don't throw good money after bad.

Unless there is some proof to this, I'd be very skeptical to see that the caps are even in his posession anymore.

SL89, from my experience as a older man than most ghers, you may be right but that's just the way things are for many younger people. Telling them off won't do any good. They have to make their own decisions.

At this age you are building your character. That is a foundation for what you become in later life.

People who face up to their responsibilities and finish their tasks as promised WILL always go further than people who default, evade, etc.

In my post above I mentioned another GHer about to default on what he owes me. I'm very angry, of course. But I'm also very sad. I put trust in him because I wanted to see him grow. (Same applies to GhostofHarry). What many people don't understand is that their actions define who they are.

Many people who get arrested for fraud and imprisoned say, "I'm not a bad guy". Well, who cares whether you are or are not a bad guy? You failed to do what you were supposed to, and you will face the consequences accordingly.

I am leaving Hong Kong not for a trip for shopping or sight seeing but as an exchange student and attending lessons in a school in Japan

Within the period that I'm not in HK, i will be awaiting the decision of people that do not need their keycaps anymore
and i am now finding people who is able to help me send out stuff in hong kong for me when I am too busy, and of course it is on my own cost.

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 June 2015, 09:58:36 by GhostofHarry »

Offline SL89

« Reply #1708 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 10:06:02 »

My question is why is Harry leaving HK, esp after admitting to malicious wrongdoing and why is anyone besides HIM paying for ANYTHING.

Unless there is some proof to this, I'd be very skeptical to see that the caps are even in his posession anymore.

SL89, from my experience as a older man than most ghers, you may be right but that's just the way things are for many younger people. Telling them off won't do any good. They have to make their own decisions.

At this age you are building your character. That is a foundation for what you become in later life.

People who face up to their responsibilities and finish their tasks as promised WILL always go further than people who default, evade, etc.

In my post above I mentioned another GHer about to default on what he owes me. I'm very angry, of course. But I'm also very sad. I put trust in him because I wanted to see him grow. (Same applies to GhostofHarry). What many people don't understand is that their actions define who they are.

Many people who get arrested for fraud and imprisoned say, "I'm not a bad guy". Well, who cares whether you are or are not a bad guy? You failed to do what you were supposed to, and you will face the consequences accordingly.

I am leaving Hong Kong not for a trip for shopping or sight seeing but as an exchange student and attending lessons in a school in Japan

Within the period that I'm not in HK, i will be awaiting the decision of people that do not need their keycaps anymore
and i am now finding people who is able to help me send out stuff in hong kong for me when I am too busy, and of course it is on my own cost.

I like you Harry, but clearly your priorities are to put yourself first at the expense of the people you accepted money from.

I'm not involved in the GB, but as someone who was going to be and someone who's been involved in other group buys it's disconcerting behavior from a group buy leader.

I won't be posting in this thread anymore, good luck to you harry and all of your customers who are left in the lurch.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1709 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 10:18:40 »

I like you Harry, but clearly your priorities are to put yourself first at the expense of the people you accepted money from.

I'm not involved in the GB, but as someone who was going to be and someone who's been involved in other group buys it's disconcerting behavior from a group buy leader.

I won't be posting in this thread anymore, good luck to you harry and all of your customers who are left in the lurch.

It is ok for you to post anything on this thread i guess

Thank you for your comment, and yes I have put my own priority high that the group buy.
And yes i agree that it is a value that should be shown as a leader

Sorry that i have to do this but it is a confirmed item during February to March this year and by that time i thought I would have time to finish this group buy in within April

Offline cub-uanic

« Reply #1710 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 17:07:03 »
I will release a form for people who do not need there set anymore.
If you put no trust on me you can also fill in the form but I cannot refund to you as all the keycaps are with me
I will try to find someone that would like to purchase it and pay you back right after
Fill in the form and those will be available for the others to pick up

Might be I'm missed something... but where is this form?

ErgoDox Classic - Stock Clears
Teenesis - Kinesis Advantage powered by Teensy

Offline kohi

« Reply #1711 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 20:35:29 »
Might be I'm missed something... but where is this form?

check the original post, he included the link up at top

Offline cub-uanic

« Reply #1712 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:20:14 »
check the original post, he included the link up at top
Indeed.
Probably I was blind or just sleeping...

ErgoDox Classic - Stock Clears
Teenesis - Kinesis Advantage powered by Teensy

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #1713 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 06:09:00 »
offer to do the shipping for Harry closed since Harry is back on track with a sound and sustainable plan to ship.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:06:42 by berserkfan »
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1714 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 11:00:19 »
Couldnt access GH this few days and I am here to update

Will sort out the numbers of order for different country tomorrow

Sent out the order of Jinx on Monday

Is planning to handle around 3-5 order a day and try to send out day by day (before there is any confirmation of a proxy)
I will be packing it and a friend of mine will be bringing them to the post office (as i am not free during the office hour due to work)

Will keep this post updated everyday

For people in a extreme hurry  trying to have their order first please PM me
I hope the others would not mind to have their order handled first

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #1715 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 11:07:40 »
PM Sent

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #1716 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 20:40:17 »

Is planning to handle around 3-5 order a day and try to send out day by day (before there is any confirmation of a proxy)
I will be packing it and a friend of mine will be bringing them to the post office (as i am not free during the office hour due to work)

Thanks for the updates Harry :thumb:
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #1717 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 20:46:03 »

Thanks for the updates Harry :thumb:

GOTTA GO FAST
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #1718 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 20:51:06 »
Cheers Harry - I'm not fussed, so don't worry about prioritising dispatching my order.
I'm sure you'll get it to me eventually.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline Nemphis

« Reply #1719 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 02:02:46 »
Hi Nemphis

I will return to Hong Kong by the end of this month and is possible to hand you set of keycaps to him, or maybe send it to his hotel.

For the proxy part, I hope i could have free time to sort the different country of the shipment before i return.

My friend is in Hong Kong until the end of August and he's doing an internship at the Polytechnic University (he's staying in the Homantin Halls).
If it's easier for you just to ship my order like the rest, feel free to do just that. Getting a package to him might be more work for you than just processing it like the others.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1720 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 08:37:43 »
Hi guys,

I am sorry that I am staying quite late at work tonight and i guess i couldnt do the scheduled packing
I will chase back the schedule during the weekends
Will continue the packing tomorrow

Received 2 PM about the urgent delivery
Will ship them out first in the first batch

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1721 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 08:41:09 »
Hi Nemphis

My friend is in Hong Kong until the end of August and he's doing an internship at the Polytechnic University (he's staying in the Homantin Halls).
If it's easier for you just to ship my order like the rest, feel free to do just that. Getting a package to him might be more work for you than just processing it like the others.

ok i will just ship your package as normal then

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #1722 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 10:44:32 »
Hi guys,

I am sorry that I am staying quite late at work tonight and i guess i couldnt do the scheduled packing
I will chase back the schedule during the weekends
Will continue the packing tomorrow

Received 2 PM about the urgent delivery
Will ship them out first in the first batch

Well done, Harry! Meet your commitments like a real man! As I've said before, go ahead and send mine out the last. You can do it!

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1723 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 00:58:56 »
Doing packaging

Will show up later today to update order numbers shipping out on monday

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1724 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 13:11:48 »
package sending on monday

my friend is bringing them with a bag only so she couldnt bring too much at a time

Moved boxes in my room for ease of packaging

Offline jmolino

• Some folks look for answers,others look for fights
« Reply #1725 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 09:52:55 »
US Proxi'ing:

Hello - this is John Molino (GH username: jmolino).  I own a distribution center here in the US.  My company American Technologies, LLC / 888VoIP sends out 100's of packages per day.  I would be willing to do a proxy for any and all US based Group Buys relating to this particular 'mess'. Let me know if I can help.  Sorry I can't handle other countries, but for the US - this is no problem.

For you long-time GH'ers.  figure out how to get an "ok" from people and then we can communicate this to Harry (if there are any US orders left to be shipped out).

Also - if anybody knows a way for me to check on my particular order (besides filling out this form that required information I don't know, please let me know.)
(Note for Harry: I have received a tracking #: RC864467747HK for my particular order - but I tried to track it on: https://app1.hongkongpost.hk/SSL/eform/jsp/e_pos28b.jsp and need further info to find out where my package is).

I will do this as a favor to my fellow GH'ers since I've received a lot of help from many people on this forum (including HASU) and others.

Let me know what I can do - and what you folks in the US that did not receive your orders would like.

Best Regards,
John

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1726 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 08:37:20 »
US Proxi'ing:

Hello - this is John Molino (GH username: jmolino).  I own a distribution center here in the US.  My company American Technologies, LLC / 888VoIP sends out 100's of packages per day.  I would be willing to do a proxy for any and all US based Group Buys relating to this particular 'mess'. Let me know if I can help.  Sorry I can't handle other countries, but for the US - this is no problem.

For you long-time GH'ers.  figure out how to get an "ok" from people and then we can communicate this to Harry (if there are any US orders left to be shipped out).

Also - if anybody knows a way for me to check on my particular order (besides filling out this form that required information I don't know, please let me know.)
(Note for Harry: I have received a tracking #: RC864467747HK for my particular order - but I tried to track it on: https://app1.hongkongpost.hk/SSL/eform/jsp/e_pos28b.jsp and need further info to find out where my package is).

I will do this as a favor to my fellow GH'ers since I've received a lot of help from many people on this forum (including HASU) and others.

Let me know what I can do - and what you folks in the US that did not receive your orders would like.

Best Regards,
John

Thank you for your offer of help
Maybe I shall have another form for people that would like to have their keycaps through you

For the tracking number, as far as I know it might not work for some of the countries and seems like the US is one of those due to difference in system

This is the website that you can try to track your packages
http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/tracking/
I have tried yours but it has failed
I will try to call the post office to see what is this about and will post the reply here for your guys

packing up packages to be sent tomorrow
will update soons

Offline mys7ix

« Reply #1727 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 02:43:48 »
Been a very long time since I checked back in. Almost forgot I had this order. Will probably cancel my set after such a while where the novelty wears off.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1728 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 11:43:52 »
I am sorry but I think I will pack the orders on Sunday and let me friend ship them out during that week

I do not have much time during weekday due to internship in construction site and I will keep this post updated as frequently as i can

The next batch should be on coming Monday with the urgent orders that people had PM me

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1729 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 12:19:07 »
I kinda forgot I was involved in this gb.
I just happen to remember today. Lol!

Things arent moving fast but at least Harry is updating us.

He isnt hiding or anything.

Keep up the effort Harry. Thanks. :)

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1730 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 10:20:19 »
Shipped order number

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1731 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 16:42:32 »
Ship 313 to me, please. Thanks!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline mikochu

« Reply #1732 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 12:42:09 »
GhostofHarry PM'd!  I'd like to have my keyset expedited.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1733 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 18:35:55 »
Any update for the people who filled out the form because they no longer need their set and want their money back?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1734 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 09:36:58 »
Will check PM tonight for those who want their keysets earlier

For the sets that the owner would like to give up for their money back, I will post it in early August as some of them changed their mind and would like theirs to be shipped out now

Offline doodersbrother

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1736 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 09:50:31 »
Just caught up with the thread and read the last ~5pages.

I hope everybody will get their sets in the end  :thumb:

Offline fart_toast

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #1738 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:40:35 »
just don't take too long. I am moving house in a few months.

I have been saying all along that I don't mind being the last to receive so that others can get their sets first. But as I am moving in November, I now request Harry to post my sets NO LATER THAN 1 OCTOBER.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:42:52 by berserkfan »

Offline aatje92

« Reply #1739 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 05:01:48 »
Yeah i am moving in September so i might need to change shipping address, i already pm'ed harry about it but just to be sure i will post here too.
Currently using a SteelSeries 6gv2 (black switches) and a Ducky Zero DK2108 (blue switches).

Offline beltet

« Reply #1740 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 05:41:46 »
I'd the shipping ongoing or what?

Offline barkinos98

• Illinois
« Reply #1741 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 09:14:26 »
harry homeboy i understand you, and i'll admit it does seem sketchy if you actually are in college i cant say much...
i just want my stuff within 2015; soon after dec 2015ish i'll be moving out to a whole other country so id be very glad to have it soon :)
but practically i want to keep the keycaps rather than get a refund, i have no use for the set but ive never tried a doubleshot before, so why not?

good luck with your studies!

Happy Hacking Professional 2  | Logitech G710+ | Quickfire Rapid MX Clears

Offline Bencze

« Reply #1742 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:16:49 »
I long forgot this order when my landlord told me I have to move because he's selling the apartment in 6 months. So he did, the 6 months are up and they were busy months - looked for a place, bought it with all the bank paperwork and all that, renovated, I am moving next week. It's interesting how certain things perceived really heavy weight and complicated in comparison can be done in much less time.

Nevertheless I am ordering a forwarding service for my mail anyway, so for now my address should be ok, after moving in and placing my name on the door I may attempt an address update though to make sure my order finds me since I probably won't be paying for the service for longer than another 6 months... ;)
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #1743 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 09:17:02 »
Really like my ISO Oilvette set. If the shipping issue subsides and any are left over/orders wanted to be transferred I may take a few more.

I realise however that this GB is progressing in dribs and drabs as it stands though.

Offline macmakkara

« Reply #1744 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 16:35:10 »
Hi there. Im not in hurry with my set but im moving St end of september so il have to change my shipping address... How i can do that?

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #1745 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 00:42:03 »
Hi there. Im not in hurry with my set but im moving St end of september so il have to change my shipping address... How i can do that?
Best bet would be to PM Harry. 

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1746 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 09:45:45 »
Where my keys at?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #1747 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 17:16:51 »
i would also like an update on what's going on. i've been patient for a long enough time, and some answers would be pretty sweet.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1748 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 17:17:39 »
Ship me my order, please. Thanks!

Offline genkidama

« Reply #1749 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 09:44:55 »
Didn't he told us that he is going abroad or something like that for his studies? And that he was unsure about if he would / could get internet there?
My finger training is over 9000!!!!