Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8583395 times)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #300 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:40:50 »
Yup. I don't like these EK sales nearly as much as 4Grabs. And not because I didn't win, it's just that I really love the butterflies in the stomach feeling after you have made your list for 4grabs, you got your email all ready to go, a clack thread open to monitor all the chatter from GHers and your eyes glued to the countdown timer. I just love the whole process.

Same here, it's more exciting in a 4grabs!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #301 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:42:56 »
Show Image

SWEET! That page would be such a wondrous thing to see :))

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #302 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:43:06 »
Yup. I don't like these EK sales nearly as much as 4Grabs. And not because I didn't win, it's just that I really love the butterflies in the stomach feeling after you have made your list for 4grabs, you got your email all ready to go, a clack thread open to monitor all the chatter from GHers and your eyes glued to the countdown timer. I just love the whole process.
Oh trust me I got butterflies.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #303 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 04:25:21 »
Forgot to mention that 4grabs feeling immediately after you click the send button. That's the turning point. When it's completely out of your control. When the butterflies revert back to their cocoon stage only to hatch again the moment the first "I got in" posts begin to trickle in. And as they do you start to feel as if you're sinking further into the ground with each one. And when it's all over and you know you've been defeated, someone or something drops down a ladder, and as you ascend rung by rung you begin to feel as if everything is going to be ok. But once you're out, you start to miss that hole you were in, because getting there reminded you that you're alive and well.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #304 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 04:38:29 »
Forgot to mention that 4grabs feeling immediately after you click the send button. That's the turning point. When it's completely out of your control. When the butterflies revert back to their cocoon stage only to hatch again the moment the first "I got in" posts begin to trickle in. And as they do you start to feel as if you're sinking further into the ground with each one. And when it's all over and you know you've been defeated, someone or something drops down a ladder, and as you ascend rung by rung you begin to feel as if everything is going to be ok. But once you're out, you start to miss that hole you were in, because getting there reminded you that you're alive and well.

Now I can see why it was you who started this thread.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #305 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 05:04:18 »
I gotta say Rowdy, you sure do plug this thread a lot haha

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #306 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 05:25:50 »

Just trying to get others to post here so I don't feel so alone in a big world with few Clarks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #307 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 05:39:06 »
Many people failed because quantity is very limited, we are not alone Rowdy ;)
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #308 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 05:52:07 »

Just trying to get others to post here so I don't feel so alone in a big world with few Clarks.
I had an art teacher in highschool named Mr. Clark. Didn't seem to help me here....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #309 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 06:48:52 »
Many people failed because quantity is very limited, we are not alone Rowdy ;)

I know :)  I've been through this several times before.

I had an art teacher in highschool named Mr. Clark. Didn't seem to help me here....

I had a friend at uni called Clark.  He went on to become a university lecturer.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #310 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 07:02:30 »

I had an accounting teacher named Mr. Clark, but he died :(

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #311 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 07:02:52 »
*Cries*
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #312 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 10:26:29 »

I had an accounting teacher named Mr. Clark, but he died :(

I knew a Clark ... he turned out to be Superman.

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #313 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 13:34:18 »
I wonder how many there were...but of course that's a "secret"

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #314 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 13:36:41 »

I'm kind of curious too. People were able to figure out how many were on sale from the previous EK sale; there were supposedly 6 of each.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #315 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 13:38:03 »

I'm kind of curious too. People were able to figure out how many were on sale from the previous EK sale; there were supposedly 6 of each.

I don't really see how they could have figured it out unless CC or Brian told them.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #316 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 13:47:14 »

I don't really see how they could have figured it out unless CC or Brian told them.

That's what I was thinking but it was never said so dunno.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #317 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:05:27 »

The last EK sale was Depth Black and Oktoberfest.

Really?  6 of each?!?!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #318 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:11:43 »
Where does that strange number 6 came from? Already saw that in another thread. I think somebody must have made a joke with that number

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #319 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:18:10 »
Where does that strange number 6 came from? Already saw that in another thread. I think somebody must have made a joke with that number
Certainly there are more than 6 oktoberfest cc's out there.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #320 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:56:38 »

The last EK sale was Depth Black and Oktoberfest.

Really?  6 of each?!?!
I believe that figure is false. If it were true then my Octoberfest would be worth a hell of a lot more than it is and you would'nt see so many people with them after the sale happened. If memory serves me correctly, there is just no way that that figure is correct. Of course I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:58:50 by YoungMichael88 »

Offline Amble

« Reply #321 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:00:47 »
The way I see it is that once I get my first CC it will make it that much more sweet.  I personally like the raffle idea myself.... less of a let down for me imo.  Plus, everyone has a equal shot.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #322 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:03:49 »
Once mine arrives I will build it a shrine and pray to it every 4 hours.  In honor of our lord Click Clack

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #323 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:05:08 »
The way I see it is that once I get my first CC it will make it that much more sweet.  I personally like the raffle idea myself.... less of a let down for me imo.  Plus, everyone has a equal shot.
Yes it will. It did for me at least.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #324 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:06:21 »
Once mine arrives I will build it a shrine and pray to it every 4 hours.  In honor of our lord Click Clack
Just wait until you make clack trades and they all get lost in the mail. That's why we need this therapy thread.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #325 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:07:32 »
Just wait until you make clack trades and they all get lost in the mail. That's why we need this therapy thread.
What type of incense should I use?

Offline Amble

« Reply #326 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:16:32 »

There's that too, lol.  It looks like quite a few people got their first CC with this latest raffle, which makes me happy.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #327 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 20:59:39 »

There's that too, lol.  It looks like quite a few people got their first CC with this latest raffle, which makes me happy.

Being a person who's never owned a clack and was around when they were plentiful... I can only hope that my art will ever be as appreciated.  Good to see this guy going from minor to major attention
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #328 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:05:43 »

Being a person who's never owned a clack and was around when they were plentiful... I can only hope that my art will ever be as appreciated.  Good to see this guy going from minor to major attention
You'll get there man

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 07:36:33 »

Do you desire to own a clack?

And I think bingecaps of every kind are awesome!

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 08:32:51 »
I desire to own more clacks :p

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 08:37:45 »
Every post in this thread should start with the following:

"Hello, I'm [insert name here], and I am a Clack addict."
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 08:42:25 »

But what if we're not :eek:

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 08:47:30 »

Then you don't need therapy...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 08:59:16 »

Then you don't need therapy...

That's what I said but the doctors didnt' agree :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 14:07:40 »
Hello, I'm [insert name here], and I am a Clack addict.

There's actually a lot less upset people posting here than before.

Lots of "I didn't win", but no-one really accusing the organisers (or even CC) of anything).

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 14:39:10 »

Lots of "I didn't win", but no-one really accusing the organisers (or even CC) of anything).

What could they be accused of, rowdy?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:57:08 »

What could they be accused of, rowdy?
Oh trust us, the conspiracy theorist seem to come out of the woodwork after any clack sale. There's the "cool kids club" theories, the Internet speed theories, the banned IP address theories etc etc.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 17:06:34 »
Oh trust us, the conspiracy theorist seem to come out of the woodwork after any clack sale. There's the "cool kids club" theories, the Internet speed theories, the banned IP address theories etc etc.

Well, there does sometimes seem like there's a circle of people who get them easier through trades and whatnot than others since much of the clack action goes on behind PMs, but, yeah, there are a lot of conspiracies about them and there are also some people who game the system by getting people to enter into drawings and sales for them so they have an increased odds of getting something.  Other than those people who have figured out how to game it, the official clack sales and raffle sales are on the up and up.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 17:20:44 »
Yup. It's been said a thousand times before and one more time isn't going to hurt. The lottery system is just no good because it has been and will continue to be abused with absolutely no way to prevent it. I can't say for sure wether or not Clack gives his close friends dibs but I don't care. It's his right to do so if he chooses. I can't say that if I made caps I wouldn't give them to certain close personal friends for free. Can you? No offense but certain people definitely mean more to me than others. That's just the way life works for all of us.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 October 2013, 17:22:52 by YoungMichael88 »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 17:52:24 »
But Michael, I thought we were friends :'(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #341 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 17:53:35 »
Just tattoo a clack on yourself . seemed to work with that one guy.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 18:09:01 »
But Michael, I thought we were friends :'(
I don't make caps so how could I possibly have any friends at all?!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 18:17:59 »

Ironically, you may actually spend more on a tattoo of a Clack than you would on a Clack...depending on if it was color, size, and where you got it done.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #344 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 19:24:41 »

Ironically, you may actually spend more on a tattoo of a Clack than you would on a Clack...depending on if it was color, size, and where you got it done.

Have you SEEN clack prices?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 19:44:02 »
So what's the best Clack sale methodology?

Drawing - too open to abuse.

4grabs - too open to people whose email server is geographically closest to CC's email server (dat 2 second window!).

Dibs - only the chosen few.

EK retail without drawing - CC and his gnomes would have to make thousands of each one, so they would no longer be as special.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 19:44:56 »

4grabs - too open to people whose email server is geographically closest to CC's email server (dat 2 second window!).

EK retail without drawing - CC and his gnomes would have to make thousands of each one, so they would no longer be as special.

No worries, no matter how clacks are sold, someone will complain
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 19:57:48 »

What this guy said. I like reading the fighting dont take this away from me :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 20:00:23 »

Exactly.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 20:20:35 »
It's simple. We kill the Click Clack.