Author Topic: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!  (Read 222058 times)

Offline Atredl

[GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!
« Reply #800 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 22:47:48 »
Excuse me for being thick. What are the 3 plates? I'm interested in trying to order and make some.
As far as I can tell the first one looks like a stock plate, second one has switch top opening cutouts with a single bottom row layout and the last one has no switch top opening with the same bottom row layout as the second plate.

Edit: last plate also looks like it’s meant to accept plate mount stabs instead of PCB mount. I’m not entirely sure but the holes do look identical to the ones on a plate I had made recently.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 December 2017, 22:52:38 by Atredl »

Offline ihalatch

Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!
« Reply #801 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:32:17 »
A quick question- how do you set up the leds on the windowed "NumLock" and "CapsLock"? I don't seem to find it. I see the indicator les on the top left corner but the led on the switches do not turn on.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #802 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:33:10 »
A quick question- how do you set up the leds on the windowed "NumLock" and "CapsLock"? I don't seem to find it. I see the indicator les on the top left corner but the led on the switches do not turn on.

did you solder the LEDs in the right way?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #804 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 20:02:03 »

did you solder the LEDs in the right way?

The in switch leds lit up when I light up the rest of the switch leds. I what to only lit the "CapsLock" and "NumLock" leds when pressed.

Offline _BlueNote_

« Reply #805 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 11:48:56 »
Is it possible to save the factory firmware before I load my own hex file. I want to be able to go back to factory if I mess things up and I can't seem to find a downloadable version of it anywhere.

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #806 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 12:29:45 »
Hi everybody,

I have finally uploaded my QMK fork for Lightsaver V3.

Link to firmware: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/lightsaver
Old link to my fork: https://github.com/rasmusx/qmk_firmware/tree/lightsaver_v3/keyboards/lightsaver

Tested features:
  • Working key matrix
  • RGB underglow
  • Keys backlight
  • Indicator leds

Been using it for over a week now. Haven't seen any problems yet, but if you do see please let me know.

EDIT: Code is now merged to QMK master. Use that instead of my fork link.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 December 2017, 14:04:01 by rasmusx »

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #807 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 12:35:18 »
Will also share mine. Built some time ago.

Cherry Silent Black switches, GMK Penumbra keycaps:

Offline Wicky

« Reply #808 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 19:18:45 »
My top left underglow led turns off after a little while. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #809 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 22:10:44 »
Hi everybody,

I have finally uploaded my QMK fork for Lightsaver V3.

Link to firmware: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/lightsaver
Old link to my fork: https://github.com/rasmusx/qmk_firmware/tree/lightsaver_v3/keyboards/lightsaver

Tested features:
  • Working key matrix
  • RGB underglow
  • Keys backlight
  • Indicator leds

Been using it for over a week now. Haven't seen any problems yet, but if you do see please let me know.

EDIT: Code is now merged to QMK master. Use that instead of my fork link.

You sir, have made my day. Thank you so much for porting this!  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline IAmPyhrra

« Reply #810 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 01:23:43 »
What kind of size LED's should I use for the indicator lights?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #811 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 01:25:07 »

1.8mm, i think
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #812 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 08:50:37 »
Good news! SA on 11 degrees is actually not that terrible!

Bad news! With SA caps (Cherry is fine) the bottom row, especially the space bar, scratch on the inside of the bezel. It appears there is not enough clearance, might wanna inform Duck on that and keep a bit more distance in future designs. I'll probably have to swap back to GMK tonight :( Anyone else with the same problem or any ideas for solution? I might instead also just use the GMK Oblivion white spacebar, the modifiers are okay. RIP beautiful spacebar thock.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 December 2017, 08:52:38 by Oblotzky »

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #813 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 09:01:00 »
I've got SA Modern Selectric on my Duck Eagle and haven't noticed any problems. I've experienced a similar thing with SA Dasher on my M65A though.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #814 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 09:50:32 »

Show Image

Bad news! With SA caps (Cherry is fine) the bottom row, especially the space bar, scratch on the inside of the bezel. It appears there is not enough clearance, might wanna inform Duck on that and keep a bit more distance in future designs. I'll probably have to swap back to GMK tonight :( Anyone else with the same problem or any ideas for solution? I might instead also just use the GMK Oblivion white spacebar, the modifiers are okay. RIP beautiful spacebar thock.

How is your clearance between the top row and the bezel above?  If there is more room there, then the plate can be wiggled up with the plate screws slightly unfastened.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #815 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 10:36:52 »

Show Image

How is your clearance between the top row and the bezel above?  If there is more room there, then the plate can be wiggled up with the plate screws slightly unfastened.

Now I feel silly! That did the trick  :thumb: opened it up, loosened the screws and moved it a bit more up. Will keep an eye out on future builds that ain't tray mounted. Thanks!

Offline IAmPyhrra

« Reply #816 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 16:01:41 »

1.8mm, i think

Thanks puddsy :)

Offline Petch

« Reply #817 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 16:40:08 »
Will I see any difference with diffused LEDs for the indicators?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #818 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:17:46 »
Will I see any difference with diffused LEDs for the indicators?

doubtful

diffused is usually to help with color, rather than actual light diffusion

it's weird

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #819 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:24:25 »
3mm works also.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #820 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:32:41 »
3mm works also.

3mm is the classic, but most people like to use 1.8mm for switches, so you can buy 100 and use the leftovers as in-switch for another board

Offline Azzures

• ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ
« Reply #821 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 17:46:30 »
Finally have some time to build my kit, was wondering if there was a build guide somewhere, or is the Korean forum post the only one there is? Thanks!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #822 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 13:32:17 »
Finally have some time to build my kit, was wondering if there was a build guide somewhere, or is the Korean forum post the only one there is? Thanks!

Coincidentally I had this vid playing while I read your comment:

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #823 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 20:16:10 »
So there seems to be quite a bit of struggle to get this all working - mainly because of lack of official documentation in a place where people would think to find it like the OP or something. I'm trying to piece together what I can find and hopefully someone makes use of it:

Firstly, I would hope we could get an update to the "Lightsaver" thread in the Media forum: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53942.0
This has a lot of the FAQ from the v1 and v2 boards which will answer a lot of the questions about "What does the MFN key do?" and "How do i change modes and colors?" which you can find in the LED section of that post.

Notes on how to program the board for noobs: ** I am assuming you already have your favorite flashing utility setup somewhere. I use Flip, some prefer dfu... whatever.

1. You need to get the latest version of O2D keymapper which has the "Lightsaver V3" model in it: Link (scroll down or "find" 02D_KeyMapper_Custom_v1.11.665.exe on the bottom of this post)

2. The "DFU" bootloader process is to unplug the board and hold the "flip" key which on the LightsaverV3 is the "ESC" key and plug it back in

3. Change your computer to "Korea" as the location so that your arrow keys stop showing up as "?" instead of arrows:
Quote from: filphil
Change your region on the pc to korea then restart and it should fix that. http://i.imgur.com/ZN1QdAL.png
On my Windows10 it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/oaPeXNO.png I also downloaded the Korean language pack but I am still unable to get O2D to show up with arrows. It works anyway with them being question marks.

4. O2D keymapper function is something else.. I would start by looking through this guide for the V2 or review the thread in the media forum here Some notes that I have for this:
a. Set the "change layer" key in all 4 "layer 1" "layer 2" etc so that you can just hit that key to cycle through each.
b. The "LED- Func, Modi, Alpha, Num" are to edit/change those regions of the keyboard.

5. Setting your RGB colors is done through the O2D drop down for "RGB Color Preset". Note that its upsidedown in the diagram. The RGB LED's begin with number 1 at the Capslock position and go clockwise around the board. On your LSv3 the 5 lights in front for the spacebar area is left to right - 3,4,5,6,7. "Apply" this and it will automatically pick up in your next hex flash upload.

6. **IMPORTANT** before trying to save your config (if you dont do this, O2D will crash and you will lose all your work!), create a dummy file in the o2d directory and then when saving, overwrite it. I was getting a "Runtime error 76" and then it closed the app. I then made a file called lsv3.hex in the same directory as the o2d exe and now it shows up in the save box to be overwritten.

7. Flash your board - unplug it.. hold ESC and plug it back in (should show up dark/dead). Flash with Atmel Flip or whatever you use. And it should work.

8. Skip all this and use QMK thanks to rasmusx's fork which is now included in the QMK master. link
I'm hoping that one day i'll be able to figure out how to get it loaded into EasyAVR

** I will try and edit this post as I figure it out more.

I'm attaching my layout and *.hex for others to use if they want.

* lightsaverv3.hex (78.76 kB - downloaded 105 times.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 January 2018, 20:16:07 by OfTheWild »
-Dana

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #824 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 23:24:09 »
O2D is bad, we've known this for years. Save the effort, use the QMK port.

Offline puissance

« Reply #825 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 23:30:19 »
Would anyone have an extra plate that they would be willing to sell me?  Thanks

Offline doooostin

« Reply #826 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 19:49:52 »
Is anyone else having trouble with screw in stabs?

I thought the diffuser would support? Currently have the bottom diffuser hitting two screws (spacebar stabs).

Pics:

https://i.imgur.com/kmFWvme.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2Ix3hSR.jpg

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #827 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 20:22:57 »
I used the ZealPC screw in stabs and had no problems (that were apparent). Everything looks like it lines up ok, maybe once its in place it doesn't touch?
-Dana

Offline doooostin

« Reply #828 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 20:28:39 »
I used the ZealPC screw in stabs and had no problems (that were apparent). Everything looks like it lines up ok, maybe once its in place it doesn't touch?

I haven't screwed the base together, so maybe it'll be fine. I noticed it slightly bending, which worries me about the long run.

I brought it up cause I saw that duck is accommodating for screw in stabs, and maybe I got sent a version without screw cutouts, it's odd to me that there'd be cutouts for the LEDs, but the screws (which are the same protruding height), don't have cutouts.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #829 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 20:44:06 »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say, nah dude... it fits fine, dont worry about it.  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #830 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 21:06:47 »
worst case you can just sand the acrylic a bit

but yeah, shouldn't be an issue like it is for viper/eagle

Offline Shados

« Reply #831 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 22:53:57 »
Is anyone else having trouble with screw in stabs?

I thought the diffuser would support? Currently have the bottom diffuser hitting two screws (spacebar stabs).

Pics:

https://i.imgur.com/kmFWvme.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2Ix3hSR.jpg

Yeah, my bottom diffuser wasn't going to fit due to that issue. I cut out the acrylic over the screws using a dremel, worked fine.

Offline trungminhtp

« Reply #832 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 08:19:17 »
Please help me, I received lsv3, to day i assem it, when i finish it, big problem , many buttons nót active, pcb have problem, please hepl me. hix hix my english not good, sorry
Tgr Tris | Tgr x Singa Unikorn x Mechlovin' & GSK | Tgr Alice | Tgr 910se | Tgr Jane v2 | Tgr Jane v2ce Silver | Tgr Jane v2ce | Tgr Police | OTD 356 Mini

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #833 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 23:05:35 »
Hello, just letting everyone know that the plate file I made a while ago is a confirmed fit.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #834 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 10:55:42 »
Hello, just letting everyone know that the plate file I made a while ago is a confirmed fit.
Where is the plate file shared. Interested in making a plastic plate out of it. Cheers!

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #835 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 11:17:02 »
Where is the plate file shared. Interested in making a plastic plate out of it. Cheers!

I posted it on the previous page. While I don't have the file published for it, Sculpteo does laser cut 5mm acrylic. Though I think the best solution is a 1.5mm plate + 3mm plate. PM me for custom options and I can certainly whip one up for you.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #836 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 12:43:20 »

I posted it on the previous page. While I don't have the file published for it, Sculpteo does laser cut 5mm acrylic. Though I think the best solution is a 1.5mm plate + 3mm plate. PM me for custom options and I can certainly whip one up for you.

Oh, OK. Thought you had the file in i.e. CAD. Was thinking of dropping at a friend that does cutting. I'm gonna think about it. I'm located in Sweden so shipping would be a bit expensive.

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #837 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 19:11:23 »

Oh, OK. Thought you had the file in i.e. CAD. Was thinking of dropping at a friend that does cutting. I'm gonna think about it. I'm located in Sweden so shipping would be a bit expensive.
Those files are for a regular 1.5mm plate. I am sure polycarb (or delrin?) would hold up at that thickness but I think acrylic is too brittle.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #838 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 19:33:02 »
awesome work. You got any pics yet?
-Dana

Offline Atredl

« Reply #839 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 02:24:17 »
Yo Oblotzky, I have the Yin to your board's Yang!

Switches are lubed Cherry MX silent blacks w/ Gateron yellow springs.

Also HUGE thanks to Rasmusx for porting this over to QMK. Programming it was a breeze. I feel spoiled by not having to use O2D.

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #840 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 07:00:21 »
Hey, finally built up the board - have to say, mightily impressed!

Thanks to the Duck team for creating this, and to Elton for running an efficient and well communicated GB!

Regarding the capabilities made available on this PCB - is there anywhere that we can see the feature listing?

I don't use windows, and am instead generating my layout through QMK (using rasmusx's layout as a basis) rather using O2D.

I can't seem to find any information about this PCB anywhere?! Can anyone help out with links and resources to help?

Cheers,
 - bit-shifter

Offline doostin

« Reply #841 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 14:48:51 »
Kind of a stretch, but does anyone have an extra plate/PCB they’d be willing to part with?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #842 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 13:23:15 »
Just built it up today, not had chance to program it yet  :)

Offline poolside

« Reply #843 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 17:19:35 »
This looks fresh  :thumb:

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #844 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 10:11:41 »
Kind of a stretch, but does anyone have an extra plate/PCB they’d be willing to part with?

Crazy markup but someone on r/mm posted this: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/879tyk/usil_h_lsv3_pcb_alps64_bmini_ex_x2_fc980c_shine/

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #845 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:10:54 »

Crazy markup but someone on r/mm posted this: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/879tyk/usil_h_lsv3_pcb_alps64_bmini_ex_x2_fc980c_shine/

unsoldered stuff has been going at a premium lately

you might have better luck buying a built pcb/plate or a desoldered one

Offline yookwh

« Reply #846 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 19:12:49 »
Does anyone have a ELI5 guide of how to use QMK for the LSV3? I'm very new to things like this and have no idea where to start

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #847 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 19:59:03 »
Does anyone have a ELI5 guide of how to use QMK for the LSV3? I'm very new to things like this and have no idea where to start

...like a 5yr old thats used QMK before on other boards? ...or like a 5yr old that doesnt have a "build environment" set up for compiling the needed .hex file to flash to the board?
-Dana

Offline doostin

« Reply #848 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 20:20:17 »

Oof, yeah that's pretty steep. More reason to join the TC-V3 buy now :p

Thanks for finding this though!

Offline yookwh

« Reply #849 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 19:30:08 »

...like a 5yr old thats used QMK before on other boards? ...or like a 5yr old that doesnt have a "build environment" set up for compiling the needed .hex file to flash to the board?

The latter :)