Author Topic: [PRE-ORDER] MW CALICO - WAITING FOR INVOICES, SHIPPING  (Read 93498 times)

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
[PRE-ORDER] MW CALICO - WAITING FOR INVOICES, SHIPPING
« on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 04:04:51 »
Meow. Mrau mrrp meow.

PRE-ORDERS GOING LIVE
September 17, 2023 - September 25, 2023*
Meow and welcome to the Calico Pre-Order thread.

*Some vendors may extend their pre-order up until the in-stock arrival.
Some vendors may opt to skip pre-order and only do in-stock.

PRICING
PRE-ORDER / IN STOCK:
Base kit is $85.
Novelty kit is $28.
NorDe kit is $21.
EsFr kit is $21.
Deskmats are $20.

Pre-order is from September 17th to September 25th, shipping and going in-stock in October 2023.
The keycaps and deskmats will have a short pre-order period to help finalize the numbers for the in-stock sale.

CALICO is a grey on white keycap set with orange accents, aptly coloured and themed after the calico cat swatch. 179 keys in base.

The set doesn't need some long description about what it's inspired by. I just love cats.

Kit renders. Thank you to dededecline for the kitting help in the 40s section. Thank you to Manu and nopunin10did for the EsFr kitting.
Thanks as well to hali, nopunin10did, and bub for previous kitting help in Evil AI which I have just used again for this occasion.

More

kit-unique legends
the opportunity was a red laser dot and i am the cat that managed to take it.

Packaging Design

MW Calico's box features artwork of my friends' cats, top to bottom, left to right:
Turtle, Athena, Frisbee, Milo, Rafiki, Soybean, Flip, Bubbles, Katsu, Kona, Winnie, Henry, and Hennessey.
The collectible cat for the set is Dixie, courtesy of Alas.

What's decided:
PBT dye-sub due to the colors of the novelties as well as lead times.
Side print and cat sublegends.
No dark modifiers.
Pre-order and in-stock sale.
UKISO, Ñ, and a wider 40s/ortho support is integrated to base kit.

Have some scene renders.

CALICO on Liv and I's LGBTKL

CALICO on hali's Nyawice

CALICO on my Calicortho

CALICO on bachoo's Ouroboros

I will post an update on sample photos when they arrive to me.

DESKMAT
Catmat by lampmk

This is the Catmat deskmat for MW Calico, designed by lampmk (l.amp on Discord)
Your standard deskmat size at 900mm x 400mm.

Sussy by stellaidoscope

This is the Sussy mini-mat, which I designed for smaller workspaces.
It should still accommodate up to double-XT keyboards at 420mm x 200mm.

COLLABORATIONS

Maison of the West

For interested collaborators, you can find me at stellaidoscope on Discord.

VENDORS

PRE-ORDER LINK - DIVINIKEY - US
PRE-ORDER LINK -  DELTA KEY CO. - EUROPE
PRE-ORDER LINK - ZION STUDIOS - PHILIPPINES

MILKYWAY - CN / INTL
MAXGAMING - EUROPE
GEONWORKS - KOREA
QWERTYQOP - SEA
MECHALAND - INDONESIA

If you would like to support this project with a banner on Geekhack, you may do so by adding this to your signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=121384.0][img width=330 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/DDUYnd9.png[/img][/url]

Special thanks to:
hali and liv for giving me keyboards to render with.
alas, turtle_kat, dededecline, keef, lampkb, wtfleels, choo, boohbat, rongdongs, pupper, keebnewb, andromache, and fruitykeeb for letting me draw their feline friends for the set's packaging.
dededecline kitting help.
nopunin10did for the NorDe kitting help.
strikemods, nainaigogo, itsazly for letting me meow in your twitch streams.
blenderkit, and imperfectlink for having made life easier with resources for blender.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 October 2023, 05:09:39 by stellaidoscope »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [PRE-ORDER] MW CALICO
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 13:03:35 »
Approved :thumb:

PSA to prospective buyers:
Group Buys are inherently risky endeavors. There is an element of risk involved with collecting payment before the item has been produced and resulting uncertainty during manufacturing / subsequent operations. We urge all GB organizers to consider (and document) these risks, and want to make it clear to all who consider purchasing that these risks are present.

If you are unfamiliar with the Group Buy model, please read this primer - Group Buy FAQ / Buying Guidelines

This PSA is new and will become standard on all Group Buys moving forward. It is not posted on this GB in isolation and is not singling this organizer out in particular as someone to be wary of.

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 13:41:48 »
This is so cute, sussy minimat is awesome

GLWS

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 19:37:10 »
I'm sad you've chosen to forego a UK vendor for this. Please note that the UK is not in the European Union so far as commerce is concerned, it costs us a lot (and we have to contend with currency conversion fees because we don't use the Euro currency here) to buy from European vendors. If running MW Evil AI didn't work out for whatever reason, there are other UK vendors to try? Such as SerpentKeys, MechMods, Mechboards, Protozoa, and others.

This is arguably all the more important given your (much apppreciated) inclusion of ISO-UK in base. It's just now harder for us to get it here.

(Edit: Delta Key doesn't even do UK shipping.)
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 September 2023, 19:42:35 by aicyborg »

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 20:15:51 »
I'm sad you've chosen to forego a UK vendor for this. Please note that the UK is not in the European Union so far as commerce is concerned, it costs us a lot (and we have to contend with currency conversion fees because we don't use the Euro currency here) to buy from European vendors. If running MW Evil AI didn't work out for whatever reason, there are other UK vendors to try? Such as SerpentKeys, MechMods, Mechboards, Protozoa, and others.

This is arguably all the more important given your (much apppreciated) inclusion of ISO-UK in base. It's just now harder for us to get it here.

I am still open to getting a UK vendor, but I will need confirmation from the manufacturer as they are the one handling the vendors for this set. For reference, however, there was barely any UK interest in the IC form, so I cannot guarantee UK vendor presence. You also have the option to order directly from Milkyway at mwkeys.com when it goes in-stock.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 01:16:37 »
For whatever reason my VISA card (I only have one, and I've had the same one since it was issued, and the same bank for decades) is rejected on DeltaKeyCo. I've tried from 3 different computers now, both at home, work and a friends place.

Every time after I enter the banks authentication it just returns to the order page and says "There was an issue processing your payment. Try again or use a different payment method."

There's no issue, I use this card 1-2 times per day at least, and order from websites all over the world using it.

Please ask MW to get maxgaming on the preorder list.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline Paco15

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 04:53:06 »
Why did the preorder have to start BEFORE I got paid haha ?

Can I transmit you my bankers angry mails ?  :D

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 22:21:23 »
For whatever reason my VISA card (I only have one, and I've had the same one since it was issued, and the same bank for decades) is rejected on DeltaKeyCo. I've tried from 3 different computers now, both at home, work and a friends place.

Every time after I enter the banks authentication it just returns to the order page and says "There was an issue processing your payment. Try again or use a different payment method."

There's no issue, I use this card 1-2 times per day at least, and order from websites all over the world using it.

Please ask MW to get maxgaming on the preorder list.

I've brought up the issue with DKC, and I'm still waiting for a response from MW. Will let you know once I receive an update.

Why did the preorder have to start BEFORE I got paid haha ?

Can I transmit you my bankers angry mails ?  :D

You could, but the cats might shred it before I could read them :( Also I'm sure some vendors will have their pre-orders longer than the 25th, (mainly Divinikey) since that's what they did for Evil AI. Thank you for the support!

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 September 2023, 23:29:35 »
I've brought up the issue with DKC, and I'm still waiting for a response from MW. Will let you know once I receive an update.

Thank you, I did that as well and they were very helpful and when our next attempt failed as well they offerend to do the payment via international bank transfers and even cover the fees, but I've not decided yet whether I am comfortable with that.

Offline kight

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 22:17:51 »
picked up a couple kits for me and a buddy :) yay

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 23 September 2023, 17:14:49 »

I am still open to getting a UK vendor, but I will need confirmation from the manufacturer as they are the one handling the vendors for this set. For reference, however, there was barely any UK interest in the IC form, so I cannot guarantee UK vendor presence. You also have the option to order directly from Milkyway at mwkeys.com when it goes in-stock.

I'd like to urge you to try to push MW for a UK vendor. There are several, as I'd mentioned. I'm okay with buying from MW's website when possible but just know it really sucks to feel left out because the EU vendors don't serve us. I understand it isn't your fault but I'm hopeful you can push MW to work a bit harder on it...? Thanks!

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 23 September 2023, 19:46:37 »

I'd like to urge you to try to push MW for a UK vendor. There are several, as I'd mentioned. I'm okay with buying from MW's website when possible but just know it really sucks to feel left out because the EU vendors don't serve us. I understand it isn't your fault but I'm hopeful you can push MW to work a bit harder on it...? Thanks!

If we don't get a vendor for pre-order, I'll get one for in-stock (which would also likely have a pre-order live as they wait for the caps to arrive to them)
Thank you for your patience, I will let you know as soon as I'm able to confirm a vendor for the UK.

Offline Akele

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 25 September 2023, 07:21:38 »

If we don't get a vendor for pre-order, I'll get one for in-stock (which would also likely have a pre-order live as they wait for the caps to arrive to them)
Thank you for your patience, I will let you know as soon as I'm able to confirm a vendor for the UK.

Thanks, I'm likewise keen to buy from a UK vendor if at all possible.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 October 2023, 12:55:39 »
Any updates here? I can't wait to spend money on this :-D

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 October 2023, 18:58:58 »
I have no updates to give as MW has no updates for me with the situation at the moment. Hoping to hear from them this weekend or this coming week.

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
Re: [PRE-ORDER] MW CALICO - WAITING FOR INVOICES, SHIPPING
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 30 October 2023, 05:12:22 »
While I have not heard from Milkyway directly much recently, vendors have mentioned already receiving invoices and that MW has finished production. As far as I am aware, we are just waiting for a reply from MW for more details in the invoice before shipment is arranged.

Offline Akele

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 18 November 2023, 09:44:55 »
Any update on when these will be available to buy from Milkyway, Maxgaming or any other vendor that'll ship to the UK?

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 18 November 2023, 11:00:15 »
Any update on when these will be available to buy from Milkyway, Maxgaming or any other vendor that'll ship to the UK?

Maxgaming support staff have told me they will not be stocking this set (even though it says so on this page). They're probably mistaken, but that's what they told me. They do stock lots of other MW sets, so.

Deltakeyco probably ships to the UK though? They at least ship to Norway :-)

Offline Akele

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 18 November 2023, 13:25:41 »

Maxgaming support staff have told me they will not be stocking this set (even though it says so on this page). They're probably mistaken, but that's what they told me. They do stock lots of other MW sets, so.

Deltakeyco probably ships to the UK though? They at least ship to Norway :-)

Thanks, I tried to buy from Deltakeys when the pre-order went live but unfortunately they don't ship to the UK.  Hopefully I'll have some way to buy this set soon.