Author Topic: Hello from Ottawa, Canada  (Read 1170 times)

Offline badweather

Hello from Ottawa, Canada
« on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 09:11:35 »
Hello all,

I've really just started to go down the rabbit hole of mechanical keyboards, but I'm amazed at how awesome the community is, and how much amazing information is available.

I'm currently using an original Corsair K65 (non-RGB) with Cherry MX Reds. I love the feel of typing on it.

I work in IT, so it involves a lot of typing time. I've recently started to succumb to my years of bad ergo/posture in the form of shoulder and neck pain, and decided to investigate some of the recent split/ergo developments.

I'm extremely drawn to the Dactyl-MF setup, and I'm now at the point of trying to understand how to build one my self, where to source the case, learn how to build a matrix, etc, etc.

Thanks for having me on board(pun intended?), and I'm looking forward to learning more and enhancing my keyboarding experience.

-Badweather

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hello from Ottawa, Canada
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 10:55:48 »
Hi Badweather. Welcome to Geekhack.

Others will disagree, but I think the K65 is a wonderful choice in keyboard. Nice sleek yet industrial look, beefy exposed aluminum plate, etc.

I also work in IT, mostly with hardware, so I don't know that I would personally want to deviate from standard ANSI boards myself. I need to preserve that muscle memory, and don't personally have any ergonomic concerns. Those Dactyls sure do look cool though.

I believe the cases on those are usually 3D printed, right? This should cover the matrix: A modern handwiring guide - stronger, cleaner, easier

What switches have you tried besides MX red? Which do you like?