Author Topic: Making a macro board using a switch tester  (Read 1256 times)

Offline nova779

Making a macro board using a switch tester
« on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 19:49:59 »
Well as general background I have just recently finished my phantom and used the Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper to create the firmware and it was quite easy. My step mother noticed that I had macros for things such as usernames and passwords and asked if I could make a macro keyboard for her. She works in a doctor's office and due to not being able to install any programs I decided to use a CM Switch Tester from Techkeys and handwire it to a teensy. The things she wants to do is have one key that has "today's date" and others that print the names of insurance companies in plain text. Is there any way that I could make this as a macro board, and the date is a long shot but I am hoping I've just missed something in my research. Thanks for any help. If anyone wants me to I guess I can post pictures of the tester when I get it all together.

Offline neverused

Re: Making a macro board using a switch tester
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 20:31:43 »
I'd use an arduino micro and GPS module to pull the date and hard code the static text. It has a HID library that would let you do that easily. With the exception of the GPS module, which would be easy, I use a micro for static text entry in my current job just to save time entering the same thing.