38 (39.6%)
Dell ANSI
32 (33.3%)
I don't care, as long as it is alps
19 (19.8%)
Other - elaborate in thread
7 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: [IC] Alps Party 3-60(%)  (Read 81210 times)

Offline U47

Re: [IC] Alps Party 3-60(%)
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 01:17:20 »

My attempt to quell the questions from coworkers didn't work  :))

Show Image

Are you using dummy keys here (like SP has for sale)? Where did you find a 1.5u one?

This doesn't look shabby. I like! An option if the HHKB plate doesn't turn out to be an option.

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:24:47 »

My attempt to quell the questions from coworkers didn't work  :))

Show Image

Are you using dummy keys here (like SP has for sale)? Where did you find a 1.5u one?

This doesn't look shabby. I like! An option if the HHKB plate doesn't turn out to be an option.

These are just normal switch blockers from SP (http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/inventory/switch-lockouts). The camera angle must be playing tricks.

The plate is an infinity plate.
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:36:45 »
Ok folks.  So you want a Hacker layout with less usability key holes.  If the group can decide how we want to handle the blank space, I will put it up on the GB form. 

Your options are:

a) Remove the corner key cutouts so when finished you see lots of plate.

b) Remove the corners so you can see the PCB underneath.

Actually, I'd prefer the Infinity Hacker layout (not HHKB), with all of the usability: http://www.massdrop.com/buy/infinity-keyboard-kit?referer=VF4SNE

Sorry for the misunderstanding ... and the whining.

Ok folks.  So you want a Hacker layout with less usability key holes.  If the group can decide how we want to handle the blank space, I will put it up on the GB form. 

Your options are:

Wow, wasn't expecting this. Is this still an option now that the GB has gone live? Option A, that is?

I'd likely be more interested in the powder coating if the plate is showing some skin...

Oh, and the desire for "less usability" is half aesthetic (i think it looks boss), and half because my HHKB is my daily driver and I'm never going to use those 3 keys.

I'm going to add the HHKB Option A style plate to the GB. 

And I hope you guys know I was being sarcastic about the usability thing.  I was just having a joke ohmygodyouhatemenow  :confused:

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:12:40 »

Your options are:

Actually, I'd prefer the Infinity Hacker layout (not HHKB), with all of the usability: http://www.massdrop.com/buy/infinity-keyboard-kit?referer=VF4SNE

Sorry for the misunderstanding ... and the whining.

Your options are:

Wow, wasn't expecting this. Is this still an option now that the GB has gone live? Option A, that is?

I'd likely be more interested in the powder coating if the plate is showing some skin...

Oh, and the desire for "less usability" is half aesthetic (i think it looks boss), and half because my HHKB is my daily driver and I'm never going to use those 3 keys.

I'm going to add the HHKB Option A style plate to the GB. 

And I hope you guys know I was being sarcastic about the usability thing.  I was just having a joke ohmygodyouhatemenow  :confused:

omgomgomg how do i modify my order!?
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:23:02 »

omgomgomg how do i modify my order!?

Send me a PM of what you want changed.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:03:45 »
in for a PCB
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace