Author Topic: Filco Stuck Modifiers and Keys  (Read 2298 times)

Offline absolutezero

Filco Stuck Modifiers and Keys
« on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 16:37:20 »
I just bought a Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX Browns, and to test out the NKRO feature I tried to hit as many keys as possible using ps2 connection.  Everytime I do this, there are a bunch of keys stuck down according to aquatest and the microsoft ghosting test.  

The worst part about it is that I cannot type after doing this two palms to the keyboard test, due to what I assume to be the modifiers being stuck down.  When I try to type into notepad, it will open up the ALT+whatever key I push command.  Sometimes the windows key is stuck down as well, so on the desktop when i push p, it will try to change display input.  Everytime I click on an icon in the taskbar it will open a new instance of it (a SHIFT+click) .  It is not always the modifiers that are stuck down either, sometimes it's a letter too.

Is this a controller flaw, inherent of Windows 7, or pushing all these keys opens a command to make the keys stick without sticky keys enabled?  I have tried it on a different computer as well

as you can see the keys i pushed and which ones are still down.  It also shows that i hit print screen, when I didn't.  Sometimes it shows up as hitting the + or - on the numpad, but I don't even have one.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 June 2011, 16:48:45 by absolutezero »

Offline sinis

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 17:29:32 »
dont make me crazy, I just ordered one

Offline Tony

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 19:15:27 »
Oh unique error. It must be controller fault.

So it cannot be nkro, but is it still 2kro or 6kro? For typing 2kro is usually enough.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline daniel0731ex

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 February 2012, 13:40:30 »
I'm getting the same error with my CM Storm QuickFire Rapid. I turned the keyboard upside down and push down on the board itself. I have to restart the computer to solve this issue.
"I hated the Blackwidow. Hated, hated, hated, hated, hated the Blackwidow. Hated it. Hated every cheapening feeble useless user-insulting gimmicks of it. Hated the keycap font that thought anyone would like it. Hated the marketing pretense to the keyboard by its belief that anyone would be impressed by it."

Roger Exbert - The Number One Keyboard Critic On The Planet.

fossala

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 February 2012, 02:18:37 »
Having a faulty controller is not the same as throwing it in a bag to carry around. One is stupidity the other one is a manufacturing defect.

Offline daniel0731ex

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 February 2012, 15:17:13 »
I couldn't care less about not being able to press all 87 keys at the same time, just finding it interesting that the board isn't truly NKRO afterall.
"I hated the Blackwidow. Hated, hated, hated, hated, hated the Blackwidow. Hated it. Hated every cheapening feeble useless user-insulting gimmicks of it. Hated the keycap font that thought anyone would like it. Hated the marketing pretense to the keyboard by its belief that anyone would be impressed by it."

Roger Exbert - The Number One Keyboard Critic On The Planet.