Author Topic: [IC] GMK Laser  (Read 82337 times)

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
[IC] GMK Laser
« on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 03:00:23 »
I appoligize if this is already on here somewhere, I could't find it so I thought I would share. 

An other set by the notorious MiTo. I am absolutely in love. This is the best 80's retro wave set I have ever seen. It hit the head on the nail with Thors hammer. 

Initial Idea

Welcome to GMK

Base

DeLorean

Shades

Arcade

Novelties

Outcome

Base set

Novelties (Will be updated)

There will be a standalone Planck + ErgoDox blank kit but no 40% coverage, due to the lack of demand

Discoussion is also open here: https://www.massdrop.com/talk/455/laser-gmk?referer=D3D4E9&mode=guest_open

Ignition On

« Last Edit: Sat, 05 November 2016, 16:25:19 by GreyAmbience »

Offline eddible

Re: [IC] GMK Laser
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 03:08:19 »
This looks really cool! My only reservation is whether when  produced if it would retain the neon-like contrast you see in the renders.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 03:41:36 »
This looks really cool! My only reservation is whether when  produced if it would retain the neon-like contrast you see in the renders.

Hard to say, but most other GMK sets have been even better than the renders after production I think.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 03:54:46 »
An other set by the notorious MiTo.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 03:56:02 »
An other set by the notorious MiTo.

Show Image

Shhhhhhhh....

Sent from a payphone in 1986

Offline cmd

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 03:58:34 »
MivanTo

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 08:28:57 »
It's an interesting idea, I'll do my best to accommodate all of the great suggestions/requests posted on MD, RMK and else. So please share your ideas and thoughts about the theme, what things you'd like to see? I'll be replacing te DeLorean for a VHS and a vynil disc, due to the very thin lines and manufacturing issues.

Since you guys were quick on the trigger and created the IC before I me, I'll just go ahead and reserve this reply spot so I can use it as OP, for updates and what not.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 09:42:44 »
It's an interesting idea, I'll do my best to accommodate all of the great suggestions/requests posted on MD, RMK and else. So please share your ideas and thoughts about the theme, what things you'd like to see? I'll be replacing te DeLorean for a VHS and a vynil disc, due to the very thin lines and manufacturing issues.

Since you guys were quick on the trigger and created the IC before I me, I'll just go ahead and reserve this reply spot so I can use it as OP, for updates and what not.

Haha yea, this kinda caught me offguard when I saw the thread pop up on my phone earlier, I've been waiting for this to show up in here so I was surprised when I saw you weren't the OP.

That said you already know I got nothing but love for this set, the colour scheme is wonderful and the theme is a personal favourite of mine - I'll be patiently awaiting further developments and hope this can become a reality sooner rather than later! It'll have a permanent spot on one of my boards, invariably. It's perfect.

Offline Applet

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 09:59:25 »
I'd seriously LOVE it if there was a Kung Fury or Hacker Man novelty key  :eek: (I already love it, but might be short on funds)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 10:02:59 »

I just sent you a pm

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 10:09:33 »
I'd seriously LOVE it if there was a Kung Fury or Hacker Man novelty key  :eek: (I already love it, but might be short on funds)

The novelties are getting reviewed, question to you guys - did you people read Neuromancer?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 10:24:35 »
MivanTo

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Makes sense since it's basically Miami Nights with purple.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 10:46:19 »
Saw this on MD a week or so ago. Very retro feeling, and I'm loving the back to the future novelties. Looking good MiTo. ;)

Hahaha, yeah. I could definitely see some Kung Fury novelties getting added here.

The novelties are getting reviewed, question to you guys - did you people read Neuromancer?
Can't say I have, personally. But the book definitely looks interesting.
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:00:30 »

You got kinda hijacked on the IC. Lol. Can't wait for another MiTo set!!

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:01:34 »
If we could get a hack the planet novelty I'd be so happy... (third from the left on the bottom row)

All the kustom 60s

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:33:10 »

You got kinda hijacked on the IC. Lol. Can't wait for another MiTo set!!
Honestly I didn't realize that mito was on GH, but we talked and it's cool :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:41:16 »
Neuromancer is a global masterpiece that originated the cyberpunk genre, because of the colors we are using I believe we can sneak some references in the Novelties. I'd like to check with people that actually read the book if DEX mean anything to you, anyone?

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 11:57:30 »

Haven't heard of it and I'm even from the 80s :s

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 13:26:44 »
Neuromancer is a global masterpiece that originated the cyberpunk genre, because of the colors we are using I believe we can sneak some references in the Novelties. I'd like to check with people that actually read the book if DEX mean anything to you, anyone?

I read it. You offering some Brazilian dex?  :))

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 14:15:28 »
woo been waiting for this one to happen ever since i saw the md discussion for it

Offline infodroid

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 14:18:01 »

I am looking for a new deck, like a Hosaka Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7. I'm not a fan of DEX, it's only good for loser cowboys.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 17:13:03 »

I loved Neuromancer as a kid, I admittedly read very little nowadays (little time, less patience) but when I was little I used to all the time and Neuromancer was actually one of the first books I read in English when I was like 13 or 14. It was/is very popular in Brazil isn't it, I think that's why it was a big thing in Portugal also years ago since we used to have a lot of Brazilian culture cross over a lot (our Disney movies were dubbed in PT-BR for the entirety of the 80s and most of the 90s, etc).

This version looks so cool, it's insane.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 17:42:45 »

Yes, and Count Zero, and Mona Lisa Overdrive... I kinda lost interest after that though ;)
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 20:59:26 »
I look at this set and I think that there was never a set that a BroBot would be more perfect for.   A matching BroBot and Booper's Bruce on this set would be next-level.  Really, the only way to make this set more 80s would be to put it on a keyboard made of chrome and glass.

I hope the hue of the pigments in the actual caps is as saturated as the color in these renders.

That reference means nothing to me but it's been close to 30 years since I've read anything by Gibson.  I think the last book I read by him was The Difference Engine.  Still, I look forward to seeing any reference to cyberpunk.

Offline Data

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 09:40:25 »
This set speaks to me on a level I didn't even know existed.   :cool:

It's almost as if the idea was ripped straight off the cover of my Trapper Keeper.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 10:37:19 »
I really love this set a lot.  Insta-buy for me.  If I could add anything it would just be support for HHKB layout (add-on smaller backspace key would be awesome).

it's like a cover for powerglove or lazerhawk.. so cool

Offline arhetue

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 13:12:48 »
Love the concept, will need to see how it looks in actual keys.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 15:56:02 »
Yo, those current kits and GMK renders though Mito on the Massdrop discussion page... Looking real good.

Offline just_add_coffee

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 00:12:57 »
This needs to be in my life.  Any updates?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 02:20:29 »
Colors on this are hot.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 18:32:50 »

I finally got started with it! i think its a little off putting it together with the "POP" 80ties movie references that already in the set :) and since it is a book. i would like the refs but, there is long way between pacman an DEX :)

Offline Valaris

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 08:44:01 »
Not sure what the status on this is but if it goes live, count me the hell in!

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 16:41:16 »
I love it
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Biggestmac

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 14:38:24 »
I can't wait for this set, it looks soo good!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 02:01:19 »
omg, how have i not been following this. definitely in

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 02:52:41 »
My cousin has had a mech for a long time, but just recently decided to get an ergodox. I linked him this set and he's decided this will be his main set, and he is now into artisans. What have I done!?

Either way this is an AMAZING first custom keyset to own. Can't wait to see how it looks on his dox.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 03:14:47 »
My cousin has had a mech for a long time, but just recently decided to get an ergodox. I linked him this set and he's decided this will be his main set, and he is now into artisans. What have I done!?

Either way this is an AMAZING first custom keyset to own. Can't wait to see how it looks on his dox.
If he want some artisans to match this set tell him to message /u/Greychillstep ;D

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 03:20:49 »
watching this grey. do you know what color codes you used for the alphas? will they be similar to Skeletor mods?

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 07:15:53 »
How did I miss this?

It should be called "ready player one" =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 08:17:41 »
watching this grey. do you know what color codes you used for the alphas? will they be similar to Skeletor mods?
I don't yet, last I head mito was working on two others keysets he wanted to finish first.
The Canvas and Neon sets.

I would watch the massdrop post in OP for updates.

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 22:43:06 »
If he want some artisans to match this set tell him to message /u/Greychillstep ;D

One of the artisans he's gunning for is a Miami Nights style ETF cap. The other....an MX Nebulus BBv2. X(
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline colbs

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 15:08:20 »
definite insta-buy for me :)

Hoping it will come soon, but afaik there are already 3 or so GMK sets in the massdrop queue already, so maybe later this year?

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 16:32:24 »

One of the artisans he's gunning for is a Miami Nights style ETF cap. The other....an MX Nebulus BBv2. X(

FYI: there is a Miami Nights fugu listed for trade/sale on MM now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gutsack

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 18:19:06 »
Certainly interested.

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 01:13:01 »
This damn, beautiful set is the whole reason I'm buying an ErgoDox and committing myself (and my wallet) to the world of artisans. Yeah I'm his cousin haha.

Too bad I missed out on that Miami Nights fugu! Thanks anyway for the headsup rmendis. And I'm gonna check out this /u/Greychillstep dude. ^__^

Definitely buying this set.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 February 2017, 01:21:23 by Koatl »
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline wheresgreenleaf

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 09:30:14 »
man this set looks great I would buy in a heartbeat.

Offline Boskr

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 13:49:03 »
I am wildly excited about this. Looks so sick.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 February 2017, 14:15:28 by Boskr »
Levinson split 40%, Gat Greens, DSA Blank
GH60, Cherry Browns, OEM Granite
Razer BWX TE, Gat Blacks+RGB, DSA Blank, No Logo (522 Solder Joints!!!)
Razer BWX TE, Razer Greens+RGB, All Stock (girlfriend's)
MagicForce 68, Cherry Reds, TaiHao Dasher
Corsair K70, Cherry Reds+RGB, Stock Caps

Ask me about Soldering/Assembly/Other services in NC!

Offline wheresgreenleaf

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 21:47:29 »
this looks great would be perfect on my current build.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 09:23:11 »

Perfect on any build. GOAT set.

Offline Kev

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 02:18:39 »
Agreed.

Perfect on any build. GOAT set.