Author Topic: An Announcement from Hoffman  (Read 38998 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
An Announcement from Hoffman
« on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 18:48:26 »
Hey Everyone! I have some pretty big news in my personal life that I'd like to share with y'all. As you may know, I have been hanging around here and the greater keyboard community for... well, some time. I joined /r/mk in 2012, and geekhack in early 2013, and have been all-in on the hobby ever since. But I won't bore you too much with the details - there's plenty of posts and discussion scattered around if you're really curious. :) What I mean to say is that I love this community and have made more friends here than anywhere else. It's incredibly important to me, and I always try my best to do right by the community.

Which brings me to an announcement -  I have accepted a position at Drop as Community Manager. That means that I will be the main contact with geekhack, reddit, discord, etc from Drop. There is of course more to it than that, but that's the important aspect to bring attention to here. I'm sure that you may have a question or two considering my role here on geekhack, so I will address that quickly here.

What does this mean for my other roles in the community?
I have discussed this with the rest of the mod team here at geekhack, and they are okay with me remaining on the mod/admin team with my usual duties. Drop owns geekhack after all, but more importantly I am 100% committed to acting in good faith and in the interest of the broader community. Trust me, the rest of the mod team will be quick to call out any shenanigans.

As for reddit, this position creates a very clear conflict of interest if I were to continue on as a moderator at /r/mk. As such, I am stepping down from that position immediately. It's been an honor to have the opportunity to serve the community to the degree that I have, but I will have to close this chapter going forward.

That's about it! This is a massively exciting jump for me, and I'm excited to get to dive even further into the keyboard hobby and community.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please post them below! If you've ever interacted with me before, you know I'm pretty much an open book and love a good discussion. ;D

Thanks for reading!

PS: This is not an April Fool's joke!!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: An Announcement from Hoffman
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 18:55:34 »
Grats Hoff! Good luck, and please make Drop great again because uhhhhhh yeah
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 20:00:25 »
Oh wow, that's quite the update! Thanks for sharing, Hoff, and I hope it's what you want for yourself and for the community as you work with them moving forward. If anything, it makes me glad to see someone we know and can talk to to represent us in that side of the community as well. Wish you all the best.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 20:29:11 »
This is great news.  Congrats.  Glad to see Drop picking up a true mk veteran.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 21:01:23 »
APRIL FOOLS. Good one Hoff!

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 01:12:21 »
Good luck at Drip!

Offline jamster

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 10:09:28 »
Hey, congratulations!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 10:55:08 »
huge
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yui

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 13:18:39 »
great news, assuming it is not a 1st of April joke :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 19:40:43 »
I hope they're paying you well Hoff! You're the best.

You're one of the few people I'd bet is totally and utterly immune to the negative effects of conflicting interests. Sad to see you leaving the r/mk team; they just lost a good head!
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 April 2022, 11:30:30 »
Congratulations!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 06 April 2022, 19:32:35 »
You da best hoffy! Best of luck at Drop  :-*

Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 12:59:23 »
grats homie. nice to see drop investing in integrating with the hobbyist community more.