Author Topic: [IC] Conone 65%, By Kindakeyboards  (Read 35106 times)

Offline Bubblegum

Re: [IC] Conone 65%, By Kindakeyboards
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 13:01:50 »
Gonna have to start saving up if there is a chance!

Offline yuppie

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 14:25:55 »
looks like the cybertruck
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 15:52:43 »
To be honest i'm going to have a hard time deciding what color i want they all looks so nice..But e-white looks amazing to me, so clean ,, so chic
Finally a board that's made nearby so i don't have to deal with all hassle of importing it..(i'm in The Netherlands).
i do have the same questions that Jae asked..
Also if you can keep it close to €350 that would be amazing i think €400 just sounds heavy to most folks that are not in to high , high end boards..
If it's near that price point and everything is clear about the mounting options i would love to join a GB so close to me..  :thumb:
Also i don't agree with TopClack comment that it should be a 60% i think 65% is the more practical way to go.. all that nonsense about blockers and uniformity and focus of the bottom row never understood that to be honest.. 
i said as much on the Youtube comment to that episode. i'm addicted to this layout have 2 tada's + spare pcb ,one tofu with the DZ65RGB + spare pcb and have the NK65 from novelkeys that's coming any day now.
So this board would be the master peace of my collection i would be proud to own one.

Wanted to ask why don't you start a youtube channel and show of the prototype show of the mounting .. do a typing sound test that would be perfect..
Best wishes,
Groetjes uit Nederland..

Offline lookid

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 02:25:02 »
I'm just leave this here.
VB

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 03:09:45 »
Love the design, its like the Cybertruck if the cybertruck wasn't a Mecha-Hitler esque reincarnation of the Pontiac Aztek, and instead was actually a sensible abstraction that was functional, nuanced, and beautiful.

Jokes aside(?) it looks like a really heavy pillow (strangely soft despite the hard angles). The logo on top doesn't really go with the clean look of the rest of the design though... I'd consider moving it to the bottom.

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 14:51:06 »
Few points 

Firstly, how is the plate connected to the board? This was asked above but all you mentioned were the two case halves connecting together; not how the plate was mounted. This will be integral to people’s understanding of the typing experience of the board.

From the exploded view on his Instagram it appears to be bottom-mount

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 14:52:46 »
Few points 

Firstly, how is the plate connected to the board? This was asked above but all you mentioned were the two case halves connecting together; not how the plate was mounted. This will be integral to people’s understanding of the typing experience of the board.

From the exploded view on his Instagram it appears to be bottom-mount

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 23:48:46 »
From that photo it appears to be bottom mount, but on the edges of the plate, not like a traditional tray mount where the PCB sits on supports.  So, technically a sandwich mount, right?

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 02:44:16 »
From that photo it appears to be bottom mount, but on the edges of the plate, not like a traditional tray mount where the PCB sits on supports.  So, technically a sandwich mount, right?

Bottom mount and tray are not the same. This appears to rest on tabs that are screwed to the base; very similar to the canoe. The usual differentiation for sandwich and bottom mount is if you removed the tabs that have the screw points in, the plate would fit in the base of the case as nothing else would hold it up. If it retains a lip around the edge and the plate would still rest there without the screws and tabs then it is sandwich mount.

Top mount is different as it’s elevated from the base and usually wouldn’t rest there once screwed in regardless.

So; it’s bottom mount in terms of its fastening but you are right we don’t really know how the plate fits outside that. Could be true bottom mount or sandwich mount. Both will likely feel very different.

Offline kindakeyboards

• hi! im Milo and i make keyboards.
    • kinda.be
!!!
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 15:23:55 »

oof! it'll be worth it!

Offline YangYoga

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 00:25:48 »
Will this be shipped from within EU? 

Also I really hope to see this color in the GB:

Offline Bubblegum

Re: !!!
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 15:48:42 »

oof! it'll be worth it!

Yeah, very chunky! Will this run through mykeaboard.eu?  ;)

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 04:43:28 »
i really like this board and it' layout.. so i'm keeping my eyes on this via the discord and this post..
i leave it to people like @Jae-3soteric to advice on the mounting.
as all my boards are like that of tofu + tada + nk65 mounting i would love to see something new so a gasket system without stand-offs
and sum nice quality damping i want a clean silent build..
also per switch smd led's please and solder pcb .. already have to many hot-swap boards..

i all depends on price and what we will get.. to be honest..but that's with all things i guess.
but the fact that i once don't have to pay for extremely expensive shipping and add all the customs fees really brings a smile to my face / grin.. Folks in the us are sooo lucky ..

Offline fudegudedude

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 11:08:56 »
Any updates on this keeb?
Ive been looking for a sexy 65%, just need you to take my money!

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 07:16:12 »
Few points 

Also, I’m interested in a few measurements; how high at the front is that edge? It doesn’t look particularly low and may affect some people’s typing style.

You also mention that this is going to improve the typing experience - how? What science has been done behind this to show that it improves the typing experience, and what is the baseline that the improvement will be from?

I’m assuming you will do a prototype prior to production as well; many ICs don’t open without a prototype these days to show that it works in practice as well as design.

You also say running a group buy won’t be an issue as you have experience - can you elaborate on that? The packaging, QC, shipping of 90 boards can be quite intensive and it’s worth considering why many keyboard designs run through vendors rather than just individuals doing it themselves.

That being said I really like the look of this design. I do think it would have been nicer as a 60% as you could have really made it fit that futuristic aggressive feel. I also think offering a polished raw case would really fit the style if that’s something you are interested in.

We actually covered this board on Top Clack earlier this week as well where I went into more detail about my thoughts; but big thumbs up for selecting Maarten and Salvun to work with. Maarten has done some great PCBs in the community (including some work for my boards) and Salvun is exceptional at what he does (and is nice to talk to as well).

I can’t wait to see a prototype of this and then pick one up in the GB, then show it off on Top Clack :)

Hey! Awesome, I am planning on making a dedicated document explaining everything in more detail!
Thanks for the feedback, always listening!

Saw the GB announcement on Discord - Did we get answers to these as yet? Don't think I ever saw the document you mentioned
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 February 2020, 07:18:25 by Jae-3soteric »

Offline cigs_coffee

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 05:15:06 »
So p***** I missed this. Any chance of a second round?

Offline lys.nordique

• Formerly 'scatology'
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 11:19:22 »

Someone changed his mind, the order form is back. https://forms.gle/rBddNNG9Rmk3RJ8U6

Offline cigs_coffee

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 11:52:06 »

Someone changed his mind, the order form is back. https://forms.gle/rBddNNG9Rmk3RJ8U6
Jebeezus, this could be my lucky day after all.
Thanks a ton for passing the info.

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 12:54:36 »
Did anyone else receive emails about their paypal transaction being refunded and a request for a bank wire?

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 13:53:47 »
Yes, I got the same e-mail.  Just had a look at the discord and he also made an announcement over there.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2020, 13:56:27 by Rexcramer »