Author Topic: [GB] HSA White on Black - Beige on Brown  (Read 155252 times)

Offline Lyle88

Re: [GB] HSA White on Black - Beige on Brown
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 04:24:29 »
Hoping for an update that the moulds are done some time soon 🥲

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 07:47:21 »
No real good update here. Unfortunately JTK has now said to me that they do not have a time estimate for these sets. They are having issues with 8 keys that are not coming out correctly with the glossy surface. I have asked numerous times for a new estimated timeline, but have not received one.

Again, if anyone wants to cancel their order with NovelKeys, please send us a message via our support system. We offer full refunds on any cancellations. I am very sorry that this is taking so long.

Offline Techichi

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 07:06:48 »
That's too bad. I really liked the look of this one. Cheers to Novelkeys for being a standup company.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 07:24:14 »
Any news on the JTK front? Starting to wonder if this project is dead in the water..?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 11:14:24 »
Any news on the JTK front? Starting to wonder if this project is dead in the water..?

Same as before unfortunately. I do believe it is being worked out, but very very slowly.

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 04:17:07 »
We're close to 3 years and they're still working on the molds? Interesting.
Would be good if the vendors would take responsibility for this fiasco by cancelling the project and refund everyone imo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 June 2022, 04:19:09 by koenoe »

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 09:14:59 »
Would be good if the vendors would take responsibility for this fiasco by cancelling the project and refund everyone imo.

I have offered full refunds to anyone who would like to cancel. Anyone who has requested received a refund in full and is not out any money.

I am not the lead vendor on this, and can not "cancel" the project. However, no one is stuck, and anyone can opt out with NovelKeys.

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 16:30:50 »

I have offered full refunds to anyone who would like to cancel. Anyone who has requested received a refund in full and is not out any money.

I am not the lead vendor on this, and can not "cancel" the project. However, no one is stuck, and anyone can opt out with NovelKeys.
I see you giving us updates and it's very much appreciated. Personally, I'm still  holding out for these so please stay vigilant with the pressure on JTK.
Keep it up sir!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 19:13:58 »
Any words from JTK about this HSA? It is like almost zero update from them.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 06:56:44 »
Noone:...
Me:

Offline mindsound

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 22:15:05 »
I still have hope. 🙏

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 07:18:33 »
I have a couple emails out to JTK, and messages on Discord. I have not heard back yet. I will keep pushing for an update here.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 06:27:12 »
An update!

No timeline, but JTK says they have 3 molds to finish, and then it should be ready for production. I'll keep pressing for more details, but we have a response!

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 08:32:13 »
Thank you NK for the great effort in pushing JTK. This december will mark 3rd year since initial GB.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 05:10:14 »
So we're tracking along at about 1 mould per month, hopefully looking at November production

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 23:12:30 »
Anyone in the us want sell their beige reservation? DM me

Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 09:23:44 »
JTK just messaged me and said they are on track to finish this month. Most likely that would mean NovelKeys will receive their sets October-November.

JTK is also included a free reversed color base kit for all customers. So for the people remaining, you will receive WoB and BoW base kits from NovelKeys with your order. Its been the longest journey, but the pictures JTK sent look pretty good. We are almost there.

Offline mindsound

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 15:26:08 »
Yoooooooo it's been an epic wait but that's a generous extra from JTK!  Photo looks lovely, can't wait to finally put caps from NK on my NK65.  :)

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 22:06:04 »
Oh my lord it's finally happening! Also that's a very nice bonus for JTK to include
Really looking forward to to getting these on a board

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 03:47:53 »
JTK just messaged me and said they are on track to finish this month. Most likely that would mean NovelKeys will receive their sets October-November.

JTK is also included a free reversed color base kit for all customers. So for the people remaining, you will receive WoB and BoW base kits from NovelKeys with your order. Its been the longest journey, but the pictures JTK sent look pretty good. We are almost there.

Show Image

Safe to assume that the gift is for every shop/proxy ordering the set? 

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 05:28:25 »
Safe to assume that the gift is for every shop/proxy ordering the set?

I would think, but I can not say for sure. JTK worded it like that would be the case for all customers.

Offline question Mark

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 06:16:14 »
Good news, zfrontier started delivering the kits in China. I can confirm the gifted additional set. I received BoW and WoB.
As I don't live in China anymore, a friend received the kits for me, so I can't say anything about quality, etc.
I just wanted to share the (finally) good news!
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 September 2022, 06:19:15 by question Mark »

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 08:19:47 »
Good news, zfrontier started delivering the kits in China. I can confirm the gifted additional set. I received BoW and WoB.
As I don't live in China anymore, a friend received the kits for me, so I can't say anything about quality, etc.
I just wanted to share the (finally) good news!
Good news indeed! Thanks for sharing

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 11:23:09 »
Any update on when this is hitting Omnitype now that it's going out through ZFrontier? Desperately wanting an extras set of BoB.

Offline mindsound

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 30 November 2022, 12:00:14 »
One more month until we can all claim the street cred of waiting out a 4-year GB.  Honestly, that's way better than actually having the caps.  I'm sure some of you already have a 4-year under your belt but this is my first.  ^-^

Offline mindsound

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 02 January 2023, 20:51:27 »
😤

Offline Damage

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 18:33:59 »
Last update from the JTK Discord.

Are the US vendors waiting on the extra keys or something?
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2023, 18:36:23 by Damage »

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 10:20:04 »
Last update from the JTK Discord.

Are the US vendors waiting on the extra keys or something?

Has anyone received any sets?

sounds like a joke now

Offline mindsound

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 10:55:30 »
It sounds like JTK is continuing to add bits and bobs to the set and leaving it up to vendors as to when to draw a cutoff line and ship the first run of product?  I trust the vendors to make a good customer service call.  We've already waited this long, if I get a set in 3 more months but it's got xx more compatibility keys, I'm happy with that.

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 11:52:28 »
Omnitype just updated their status page to say the sets have arrived and are being organized for GB fulfillment: https://omnitype.com/blogs/timelines/hsa-biege-on-brown

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 13:29:47 »
Some people with Command65 boards are going to be very pleased.

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 12:07:51 »
Update from Omnitype: Order fulfillment paused - we are awaiting an ETA update for some missing keycaps.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 14:10:24 »
Our keycaps are received! We did get in an extra set of the reverse caps for anyone who was part of the preorder.

There are a couple missing caps, and a couple extras included. We will be sending out emails to our remaining participants and letting them know the details here. We will be shipping out what we have in hand this coming week, and then shipping out the missing caps once they arrive so that there is no more delay.

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 02:27:05 »
Our keycaps are received! We did get in an extra set of the reverse caps for anyone who was part of the preorder.

There are a couple missing caps, and a couple extras included. We will be sending out emails to our remaining participants and letting them know the details here. We will be shipping out what we have in hand this coming week, and then shipping out the missing caps once they arrive so that there is no more delay.
Will NK have any BoB extras or only WoB?

Offline mindsound

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 20:05:32 »
Woooohoooooo!  This rules, thanks everybody who worked on it!

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 24 March 2023, 18:00:11 »
Any word on when the missing BoB keycaps will be making their way to Omnitype? They said extras won't be released until the missing caps are received.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 12:25:01 »
Looks like ZF has sent updated kits with the extra keys. Just saw one on mechmarket for BOW and WOB

Offline Damage

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 23:21:38 »
Any word on when the missing BoB keycaps will be making their way to Omnitype? They said extras won't be released until the missing caps are received.

I still haven’t received my extra keys from Omnitype. Has anyone else? Got my extra keys from NovelKeys for WoB/BoW weeks ago.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 14:06:21 »

I still haven’t received my extra keys from Omnitype. Has anyone else? Got my extra keys from NovelKeys for WoB/BoW weeks ago.

I was told by Omnitype at the beginning of the month that we would hear about extras at the end of this month. Getting pretty close to the end without word...

Offline Damage

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 05 July 2023, 21:43:05 »
Just got an email from Omnitype about the extra caps, so it looks like they're finally about to go out.

Now that I've had these caps for a while, as a participant in the group buy for both of the initial colorways and a veteran of The Longest Wait, I have a few thoughts on the caps themselves.

First, the profile is great overall, and I love the glossy finish of the caps. The sound is good, as is the typing feel, in my view. JTK really did deliver on the original vision there, so I have to give them credit.

However, there are a few gripes I think are worthy of note.

First, several of the caps are not formed well on the stems, particularly the +/= key, on multiple of the four sets I wound up getting. (The deep-dish F key is bad, as well, at least on my WoB set.) These caps just kind of fall off of some switches when I try to use those keys. This problem is worse with JTK switches with P3 stems like Durock POMs and Epsilons, where all HSA caps are just generally loose. I can't really use them on some boards, as a result.

If you have some HSA caps, check the fit on the +/= key in particular. Would be curious to hear everyone's impressions. Seems to me like this might be a straight-up defect across most HSA sets.

Second, I've noticed that some of the alpha key legends are composed of much thicker lines than others, to the point where it really looks jarring. This effect is most noticeable with dark legends on brighter backdrops like BoW and brown on beige. It's harder to see on WoB and BoB, for whatever reason. BoW looks super janky to me now that I've seen it.

Examples here:

300364-0300366-1

The lettering on E is thick, while the lines are way thinner on R. Same for B (thin) and N/M (thick).

I assume others of you have seen this issue? It's not great with the inverted sets, and it seems like JTK needs to address this issue before running more sets.

Finally, I'm super happy to have the bonus inverted key sets and the extra keys they've sent out later, including especially the extra "B" for Alice-style layouts, but I'm bummed that convex short space bars aren't part of the mix. In the years since we first ordered HSA, split keyboards have become much more popular, and I'm sad these sets don't have short bars for use with my favorite layout. Would be great if we got a chance to buy some short bars in a future HSA run as a separate kit or something!

Anyhow, would love to hear the thoughts of other HSA keycap owners who have been living with them for a while now.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 July 2023, 21:45:22 by Damage »

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 29 September 2023, 06:35:21 »
I bought myself HSA Hyperfuse and they look and feel AMAZING!
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::