Author Topic: DOLCH Color Scheme?  (Read 4024 times)

Offline OrcsInSpace

DOLCH Color Scheme?
« on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 12:50:01 »
How does one go about getting PBT keycaps in a certain color. I really want Cherry/PBT keycap set in dolch color scheme!

Offline Findecanor

Re: DOLCH Color Scheme?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 13:41:14 »
The real Dolch keycaps have white legends. To get durable lighter legends, the legends would have to be double-shot moulded or in-filled. Dye-sublimation can only produce darker colours.
Double-shot PBT and in-filled PBT are still both uncommon... I think only Vortex does either and I have not seen them do the Dolch colour scheme.

It might be possible to find two sets of blank keys in almost the correct shades.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 13:42:37 »
The real Dolch keycaps have white legends. To get durable lighter legends, the legends would have to be double-shot moulded or in-filled. Dye-sublimation can only produce darker colours.
Double-shot PBT and in-filled PBT are still both uncommon... I think only Vortex does either and I have not seen them do the Dolch colour scheme.

It might be possible to find two sets of blank keys in almost the correct shades.

whoa this is some good information. i didnt know that about dye subbing

but you can actually buy gmk dolch keycaps. theyre around 150-200$ though. there was  group buy that just ended for it

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:54:32 »
Yes, and GMK's are the real deal, exactly like the original.
There have also been keycaps in a Dolch-like colour scheme from Tai-Hao in OEM profile. And there have been DSA-profile keys from Signature Plastics in Dolch colours but with centred legends.

But all of these are double-shot ABS, not PBT.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:56:20 by Findecanor »