Author Topic: [IC] GMK HANOK 한옥 2021  (Read 16244 times)

Offline JKKEEBS

[IC] GMK HANOK 한옥 2021
« on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 14:50:36 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2021, 16:11:49 by JKKEEBS »

Offline dandruff

[IC] GMK HANOK 한옥
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 14:51:40 »
Oh boy... good luck...

Also is your right shift a different color...?
Does the JK in JKKeebs stand for just kidding?

I mean... Reserved
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 November 2020, 19:28:27 by dandruff »

Offline yoot

• none
Re: [IC] GMK HANOK 한옥
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 14:51:53 »
Reserved

Offline subluxe

• サブラックス
    • https://subluxe.ca/
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 14:54:06 »
I think your r-shift is a completely different colour bro... Also what's going on with the numpad +?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 14:57:56 »
Idea could be much more refined, considering the theme... also Icon+Text for the traditionalists please :thumb:

But the navigation cluster AND f-row being a whole different color (accent color, per the Enters) is not very appealing.

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 15:14:54 »
Reserved

Offline GreatKingNorann

[IC] GMK HANOK 한옥
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 15:25:39 »
Great set, I really like the different right shift. It differentiates you from most of the other “safe” posters (if intentional)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 November 2020, 17:29:53 by GreatKingNorann »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 15:36:34 »
too early man

Offline nico.psd

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 15:58:25 »
I'll be keeping my eye on this, can't wait to see the development! I'll most likely cop if the novelties and future updates all look good.

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 15:58:39 »
reserved for jymv

Offline Clyde1

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 16:41:21 »
It shows Chinese on picture bruh.

Offline njrobb

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 16:46:40 »
I like the colour theme but overall it definitely needs some revision like others have said. Will check back for updates!  :thumb:

Offline Pach

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 17:18:27 »
First bad ic that had good colors :(

Offline firewrath9

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 17:38:54 »
yikers.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 07:30:15 »
I like the colour choice.  Would standard alphas and UK ISO be out of the question?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 14:55:41 »
I'm interested.
I like the colors.
I like the inspiration.
Like LightningXI, I'd prefer text+icon mods.
Please consider having 한/영 Alt and 한자 Ctrl somewhere in one of the kits.

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 16:55:17 »
I appreciate the hustle and desire to capitalize on zeitgeist while you can.

That being said, early ICs are simply not the way to go about publishing a set concept. A bad early IC is way worse than a late, fleshed out IC. ICs are all about impressions and the impression this IC leaves upon me is very poor. You're looking for positive reception as confirmation for renders? You're not going to find it with this low quality of an IC.

It's clear that you're fairly new to the community. You made a GH account to post this thread. This is a 104 key base kit. That's something you majorly flesh out before you even have colors in a lot of cases. Your colors are web colors, meaning you're oblivious to the IC process and GMK production as a whole, things you can easily find out more about by visitng the trove of old GB and IC threads, or even uniqey's website. This comes off as a cash grab from an inexperienced community member, which, to be honest, I'm not ragging on, but I'm definitely not about it. Take some time in the hobby to be part of the community. Be a little more active. Find out what works, what's good, why it works, why it's good, and talk with more types of folks to engage in that exchange. That's what it's really about. While the "i see guy make thing, i can make thing too!" mentality certainly has driven a lot of cool stuff, this is not one of those cases.

Renders went from being a nice to have in ICs to nearly a need to have. It shows you have some level of personal commitment to the set that you would even pay for mockups our of your own pocket before anything is official. To not have renders and to just show off a set of KLEs, is definitely not a good look, and the KLEs do a very poor job of showing the colors that you want to show, or maybe they do a really good job, but to me they look like blanks. I'm not trying to bog you down or take shots at an easy target, rarely anything ever deserves that. If you're truly invested in making this set happen beyond a text-post and a barely visible KLE render, you need to make a very good impression, so that vendors who see your IC will want to work with ya.

Many people will not buy into the concept if the IC is not good from the get-go. You can sell any concept to anyone as long as the beginning impressions are good enough.

If you're intent on making this happen (and this would have to be very soon, before more eyes can see this and get their first impressions, which, in their current state would result in the set being written off extremely quickly) then you can:

1. Flesh out those layouts.
2. Get some renders.
3. Pick colors that aren't web colors, it's 2020. We have resources to help design GMK sets. GMK has resources to help design GMK sets. Use google, guy.
4. Goals, MOQs, prior contact to GMK show vendors that you're willing to do work beyond "hur dur look at color now shoulder it all for me," which, even if a vendor wouldn't take you up on, they would like to see.
5. Give more of a ****. Going into a project half-assed (you could be fully on board, but this post does certainly not show that) only makes me believe in the project less. If you don't believe in your project enough to give a detailed, commited sales pitch, why should any vendor, or even why should the community believe in it? Dipping your toes into the pool is simply not an option when everyone else who's making successful sets is hopping in headfirst.

cmon guy.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 17:04:59 »
It's a cool look, I think the colors could be matched better though. Maybe the roof graphite color you chose could be switched to a more washed out dark lavender type color.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 17:18:38 »
oh my god, so many reserved posts, it's literally the funniest thing I have ever read, I am laughing so hard that I can't even breathe lmao lol keep it up guys its so funny

Offline noorejji

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:33:59 »
What are you guys reserving for? :confused:

Offline Pach

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 08:59:22 »
On another note, I'm not sure that the alphas look like RAL 1015 in the renders. Might wanna double check that, or, y'know, get someone who can make accurate renders. An IC is supposed to be more fleshed out than this, not a place to test your new rendering skills. If you do manage to fix all the issues with your render, then good for you, but I think my advice will net you more time to work on the actual set instead of getting the renders right.

Loving the floating F-row and floating legends :p

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 12:29:18 »
Notwithstanding the issues other members highlighted, I like the colour scheme and concept. In particular, there aren’t that many Hangul sublegend sets. I suggest making the ivory/cream one of the standard GMK colours eg L9; don’t think there is value for a boutique colour for that. Hopefully this can become a reality.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 03:04:49 »
I appreciate the hustle and desire BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Renders went from being a nice to have in ICs to nearly a need to have. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. To not have renders and to just show off a set of KLEs, is definitely not a good look, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Many people will not buy into the concept if the IC is not good from the get-go. You can sell any concept to anyone as long as the beginning impressions are good enough.

If you're intent on making this happen (and this would have to be very soon, before more eyes can see this and get their first impressions, which, in their current state would result in the set being written off extremely quickly) then you can:

2. Get some renders.
3. Pick colors that aren't web colors, it's 2020. We have resources to help design GMK sets. GMK has resources to help design GMK sets. Use google, guy.
4. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

cmon guy.

I'm going to chalk this up partly to you being in a bad mood, and I'll also chalk it up to some recent community brainwashing.

FIRST: What Zeitgeist is he capitalizing on?
SECOND: He has two renders there. It's not Keyboard Layout Generator (KLE). And honestly, that used to be ok for the community because there are steps that need to still happen after an idea gets support.
THIRD: An Interest Check is NOT an advertisement. Why does it have to be completely fleshed out? It has turned into an advertisement for people that have their own funding or have done group buys before, but that is not what it's intended for. Don't push that on people. 

People who are interested have already given good advice--ADVICE--that I hope the OP implements.
You have given good advice, specifically not to use RAL, even though you weren't that specific. Someone else said it better: use in-stock colors if possible, especially for the beige.
 That's constructive criticism. If you are saying he NEEDS to have renders, then point him in the right direction. If you're saying he NEEDS to have kits fleshed out, then give your input as to what keys you use and want in the set.
Please don't just crap on an incomplete idea. OP is asking for input.

Another option is to just ignore it and move on. If not enough people like it, it'll die on its own.
If you do actually like it and would buy it, then help get it to a place where it would be picked up by a vendor.
I am a vendor. I would pick it up if it got a lot more done to it. 

Vendors can also help by giving templates for what has worked for them in the past.
The onus is not completely on the designer. Marketing is not the designer's responsibility.
INTEREST CHECKS ARE NOT ADVERTISEMENTS. 

If a streamer says they don't like it, or it needs a lot more work to even consider looking at again, then that's not holy writ.
Everything you wrote sounds like an amalgamation of stuff content creators have vomited out in public.

I apologize for being harsh, but your comment could have been much more helpful than discouraging, as it was.

Offline kohalified

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 04:34:16 »
I appreciate the hustle and desire BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Renders went from being a nice to have in ICs to nearly a need to have. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. To not have renders and to just show off a set of KLEs, is definitely not a good look, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

2. Get some renders.
4. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

cmon guy.

I'm going to chalk this up partly to you being in a bad mood, and I'll also chalk it up to some recent community brainwashing.

FIRST: What Zeitgeist is he capitalizing on?
SECOND: He has two renders there. It's not Keyboard Layout Generator (KLE). And honestly, that used to be ok for the community because there are steps that need to still happen after an idea gets support.
THIRD: An Interest Check is NOT an advertisement. Why does it have to be completely fleshed out? It has turned into an advertisement for people that have their own funding or have done group buys before, but that is not what it's intended for. Don't push that on people. 

People who are interested have already given good advice--ADVICE--that I hope the OP implements.
You have given good advice, specifically not to use RAL, even though you weren't that specific. Someone else said it better: use in-stock colors if possible, especially for the beige.
 That's constructive criticism. If you are saying he NEEDS to have renders, then point him in the right direction. If you're saying he NEEDS to have kits fleshed out, then give your input as to what keys you use and want in the set.
Please don't just crap on an incomplete idea. OP is asking for input.

Another option is to just ignore it and move on. If not enough people like it, it'll die on its own.
If you do actually like it and would buy it, then help get it to a place where it would be picked up by a vendor.
I am a vendor. I would pick it up if it got a lot more done to it. 

Vendors can also help by giving templates for what has worked for them in the past.
The onus is not completely on the designer. Marketing is not the designer's responsibility.
INTEREST CHECKS ARE NOT ADVERTISEMENTS. 

If a streamer says they don't like it, or it needs a lot more work to even consider looking at again, then that's not holy writ.
Everything you wrote sounds like an amalgamation of stuff content creators have vomited out in public.

I apologize for being harsh, but your comment could have been much more helpful than discouraging, as it was.

I think I largely agree, and I think it's unfortunate that the IC has been co-opted into a pre-advertisement for a pretty much fully completed kit. That being said in the future, I would suggest starting a feedback post which kind of takes the position of what IC's used to be, and to take the negative comments in stride and just only focus on the feedback you received.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 05:06:59 »
It's a really cool Hanok 한옥 concept. The color is really nice.

Offline Godspeed_FT

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 07:40:15 »
Let's go JKKEEBS make it real  :)

If you can add symbols from Hanok villages like stone village signs or traditionnal wall styles ?

This set can really be an hommage to korean history.

ps : Jeonju Hanok Village forever

Offline Swishy

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 19:32:50 »
Loving the new renders but may I suggest changing the background to something more neutral like Grey. I think it will help the set pop more but I am happy to see the growth you have made!

Offline The Cat Whisperer

• meowdy
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 00:20:21 »
i like the colors! would you add a deskmat to the collection?

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 10:09:19 »
a nice dark and earthy tone. i like

Offline mace8970

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 22:29:53 »
This looks great! All the best!

Offline Alessio

• YT Channel
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 17:56:25 »
i wish geekhack would implement downvoting

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 04:39:46 »
Your render is very low light, it would be a good idea to also include a render under normal lighting to see that actual colours.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 05:16:41 »
Really hoping this becomes a reality. Especially excited about the beige Hangul sub legends.