Author Topic: [IC] Mild - A TKL (New Timeline! Updated Colors! Lower Price!)  (Read 10308 times)

Offline andyywz

[IC] Mild - A TKL (New Timeline! Updated Colors! Lower Price!)
« on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 17:39:45 »

Mild
a tkl by sauce and n.rdy...

Sound Tests (will add more as I get them):

More

I rejoined the hobby in early 2020, and I was looking to get myself a good and simple TKL. I wanted something mild. Long story short, ended up designing a board with n.rdy and eventually ran a small private group buy in March 2021, shipped July 2021. After about 3 prototypes and a small private group buy, I think I'm finally ready to bring the Mild to the public!

Specs:
- Ansi Winkeyless TKL
- Top Mount or O-Ring Mount
- 6063 aluminum plate and case
- Brass weight
- 30A O-ring
- ~18.55mm front height
- 6.5 degree typing angle
- 2.5kg (5.5lbs) unbuilt
- wt80g pcb compatible
- Color options: Dark Green, E-White, Burgundy, Lavender
- Sale Format: Open Group Buy (soft limit)
- Price: Target $425~$450 base kit
- Vendor: BolsaSupply
- Estimated GB Date: End of June 2022

Base Kit:
- Case with Brass Weight
- Aluminum full plate
- 30A O-Ring
- Solderable PCB
- Carrying Case

Optional Extras:
- Aluminum half plate
- Polycarbonate half plate
- Polycarbonate full plate
- Extra solderable PCBs

Renders:
More

« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2022, 14:46:17 by andyywz »

Offline andyywz

Re: [IC] Mild - A TKL
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 17:40:49 »
reserved

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 17:46:48 »
Glwic can’t wait to see proto
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline mymeepo

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 17:55:57 »
Does stay somewhat true to the name. Not really needed and not really wanted.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

I’m wondering if you’re trolling. Why talk down on this IC in this condescending way without offering any constructive feedback? If you don’t like it you don’t have to buy it

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 18:04:15 »
Would like to see the brass weight cover more of the alpha cluster, and a larger front lip would be nice. Like the engraving, carrying case is always better than unnecessary packaging, and the weight seems about right. Good luck :thumb:

Offline nullinasou

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 18:09:25 »
I dont like 3 dots between esc and f1. The ones on the weight is fine though

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 18:25:34 »
Glwic can’t wait to see proto
does someone wanna tell 'em

Offline Jewpac Shakur

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 18:36:37 »
A F13 option would be nice. I'd like more color options, potentially navy and red. Black is kinda boring on a 500+ board and this shade of green isn't really my thing but hey, that's why there are multiple options.
The weight is ok, I like the size of it but not the engraving/placement. The engraving isn't too much of an issue since it won't be seen, but I'd really like the weight to be split into 2: a large main and small secondary weights. The large one exactly covering the alphas and the small one being on the back piece, like seen in this render:
https://imgur.com/aq4RPMj.jpg (I am not sure how to upload an image here. Don't click the link if you don't trust it lol. It's the 4th render. The last one that is featuring the green color).
Maybe I've addressed too many changed that I'd like to see and this board just isn't for me, glwic  :thumb:

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 20:02:04 »
a TKL indeed

Offline chat and team

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 20:22:41 »

I’m wondering if you’re trolling. Why talk down on this IC in this condescending way without offering any constructive feedback? If you don’t like it you don’t have to buy it
ok how about get frog or even kbd 8x instead this board doesn't really offer anything and it probably wont change.
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 20:34:06 »

ok how about get frog or even kbd 8x instead this board doesn't really offer anything and it probably wont change.

Is this kevin  if so  Please stop talking
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline P103

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 22:09:53 »
Would love an IC form in an IC

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 00:09:52 »
Love the green :D
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline gotgoodiez

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 00:24:43 »
Can we get a few more pictures of the board if their are already units made and maybe a typing test? Also would love to see an exploded layout of the board.

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 01:00:13 »

You know that even those two boards offer different typing experience. You cant get frog anymore (sales are paused). Some people dont wanna deal with ****ty KBDfans service in case something goes wrong.  I dont know why people fail to understand that more options are better and stop the gatekeeping by forcing things to others

Offline andyywz

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 08:36:26 »
Would love an IC form in an IC

:D You're right! My bad, added the form!

Offline andyywz

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 08:38:14 »
Can we get a few more pictures of the board if their are already units made and maybe a typing test? Also would love to see an exploded layout of the board.

Typing test is on the way, I can certainly get a few more pictures from the small group buy and add them to the post. Thank you for the feedback!

Offline andyywz

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 08:39:29 »
A F13 option would be nice. I'd like more color options, potentially navy and red. Black is kinda boring on a 500+ board and this shade of green isn't really my thing but hey, that's why there are multiple options.
The weight is ok, I like the size of it but not the engraving/placement. The engraving isn't too much of an issue since it won't be seen, but I'd really like the weight to be split into 2: a large main and small secondary weights. The large one exactly covering the alphas and the small one being on the back piece, like seen in this render:
https://imgur.com/aq4RPMj.jpg (I am not sure how to upload an image here. Don't click the link if you don't trust it lol. It's the 4th render. The last one that is featuring the green color).
Maybe I've addressed too many changed that I'd like to see and this board just isn't for me, glwic  :thumb:

Noted, will definitely consider more colors. In terms of splitting the weight, I don't think I'd want to do that because that would be a major redesign and I would have to go through the prototyping process again. Appreciate the feedback

Offline andyywz

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 08:40:34 »
Would like to see the brass weight cover more of the alpha cluster, and a larger front lip would be nice. Like the engraving, carrying case is always better than unnecessary packaging, and the weight seems about right. Good luck :thumb:

Will consider increasing the size of the weight to see how feasible it is. When you say larger front lip, did you mean a larger chamfer?

Offline andyywz

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 08:48:01 »

I'm sorry you feel that way, for what it's worth, I agree that this tkl isn't a crazy feat of keyboard design. Personally, I love the design, the typing experience, and the acoustics. I can understand if you don't see the differences between this and the Frog/KBD8x. The point of the group buy is to offer an option for those that DO see the difference. Thanks for your feedback anyways :D

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 12:05:46 »

Will consider increasing the size of the weight to see how feasible it is. When you say larger front lip, did you mean a larger chamfer?

Exactly

Offline andyywz

Re: [IC] Mild - A TKL (New Timeline! Updated Colors! Lower Price!)
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 11:54:27 »
Updated original post with new price, color options, and timeline!

Offline LiquidDev

Re: [IC] Mild - A TKL (New Timeline! Updated Colors! Lower Price!)
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 21:10:08 »
i want this