Author Topic: [IC] - Rogue keyboards...  (Read 6889 times)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
[IC] - Rogue keyboards...
« on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:42:06 »
Hey guys. We have discovered a keyboard brand out there that we are considering carrying, but we want your input. Have you ever heard of Rogue, would you be interested in buying one, etc. Thoughts...?

Their website:

http://www.roguegamegear.com/keyboards/

So far, it looks like these only come in Black Cherry MX switches...doh! But, if you would want them in other flavors, let us know...
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 14:53:31 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] - Rogue keyboards...
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 16:46:50 »
Honestly this looks just like another overpriced Gamer Keyboard with fancy lights to me.

Why should I pay 229$ for this board if I could get a Filco/Ducky for less money?

The only thing that is a little interesting is the alu case, but overall the board is way to big for me. I prefer TKL boards so this giant 104key board with the integrated wrist rest just takes too much space away from my desk.

But hey, that's just my personal opinion - maybe others like it :)

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 16:48:13 »
Honestly this looks just like another overpriced Gamer Keyboard with fancy lights to me.

Why should I pay 229$ for this board if I could get a Filco/Ducky for less money?

The only thing that is a little interesting is the alu case, but overall the board is way to big for me. I prefer TKL boards so this giant 104key board with the integrated wrist rest just takes too much space away from my desk.

But hey, that's just my personal opinion - maybe others like it :)

Duly noted...

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 17:46:41 »
Hey guys. We have discovered a keyboard brand out there that we are considering carrying, but we want your input. Have you ever heard of Rogue, would you be interested in buying one, etc. Thoughts...?

Show Image

Their website:

http://www.roguegamegear.com/keyboards/

So far, it looks like these only come in Black Cherry MX switches...doh! But, if you would want them in other flavors, let us know...

Never heard of it, and its another gimicky " gamer" keyboard

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 18:14:07 »
Interesting... This is the first gaming keyboard I have seen that was designed for Macintosh first!
Weird layout though... The bottom row modifiers are asymmetric 1.5-1-1.5 - 6.5 space bar - 1.5-1.5-1.5, where as the classic Mac layout has 1.5-1.25-1.5 modifiers on both sides. I can spot Eject and Fn keys in the same places as on the Apple Aluminium full-sized.

I found a little bit more info here: http://asia.cnet.com/rogue-mondo-board-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-for-macs-62223382.htm
Cable winding under a magnetic bottom cover is also something I have not seen before.

Offline dante

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 18:15:24 »
With the least popular switch type (MX Black) no less..

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 20:16:36 »
Gimmicky might not be the right phrase, but in real world use I find I typically despise built-in-mandatory wrist rests.

Now, I like wrist rests a lot, but the built-in one just get in the way of real rests, has been my experience. Also I personally am not a fan of linear switches, so I guess ... pass.

Thanks for asking us, though!

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 21:17:52 »
I thought perhaps it was designed for Roguelike games... that would be an interesting angle.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 10:53:11 »
Hm. If this had been around a few years ago, when I was still using a Mac, I probably would have given it a second look, just because of the shortage of keyboards combining a true Mac layout (command key next to space rather than between control and option/alt, Mac-style number pad with small +) and gaming features. Dunno if I'd have decided in its favor in the end-- the price is a bit rich for no mention of keycap material/construction, and I only award bonus points for using steel, not aluminum-- but it certainly would have been considered.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:45:45 »
Hm. If this had been around a few years ago, when I was still using a Mac, I probably would have given it a second look, just because of the shortage of keyboards combining a true Mac layout (command key next to space rather than between control and option/alt, Mac-style number pad with small +) and gaming features. Dunno if I'd have decided in its favor in the end-- the price is a bit rich for no mention of keycap material/construction, and I only award bonus points for using steel, not aluminum-- but it certainly would have been considered.

So, you're saying this keyboard is a has-been all the way, eh?

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 11:55:29 »

Well, for me, personally, I don't use a Mac anymore, so I no longer have use for such a thing. But I feel that, when I did have a Mac, this keyboard might well have appealed to me (in fact, I never really found a keyboard for Mac that I was entirely happy with by the time my last Mac expired), and if there are people with the same preferences now as I had then, they might be interested.

Then again, I'm kind of weird, so expecting there to be a market of people like me out there might not be the best bet.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 13:12:56 »

Well, for me, personally, I don't use a Mac anymore, so I no longer have use for such a thing. But I feel that, when I did have a Mac, this keyboard might well have appealed to me (in fact, I never really found a keyboard for Mac that I was entirely happy with by the time my last Mac expired), and if there are people with the same preferences now as I had then, they might be interested.

Then again, I'm kind of weird, so expecting there to be a market of people like me out there might not be the best bet.

I could tell that you are kind weird with ' IBM KUM6323 (Rubber Dome) ' in your sig...blasphemy! Heresy I say! JK, I would have definitely left the details out. Still, I am sure it is a lovely keyboard...

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 15:32:13 »
Hideous
ReΛlforce 87UB EK