Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 306969 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
I was going to write a full review, however I'm not the best at such things so here's what I came up with:

I'll start this out by saying that I've never done a review before so don't expect some eloquent review with tons of pictures and super detailed breakdowns, however after using the Zealencio Silencing Clips for a few weeks now, in conjunction with 78g Zealio Switches I am absolutely in love, and this is by far the best typing experience I've ever had.  I've always been self-conscience of my loud keyboards, started about 8 or so years ago with the Razer BlackWidow, I loved the way it felt and sounded however whenever I was on comms I felt bad for those with me as they could hear it even more than I could since my headphones canceled out most of the sound, I then switched to using Browns, which I was not a fan of at all, then reds, and missed the tactile feel and the sound was still audible as I'm a heavy typer, about 4 different switch types later I joined the first Zealio group by and fell in love with the feel of them, however unfortunately went back to feeling bad when typing at work or on comms, I tried all the different o-rings I could find, the different materials, sizes, everything, nothing seemed to really lower the click sound without completely ruining the feel, so when I saw Zeal had made a silencing system completely different than what I had seen before I had to buy them, and boy did it pay off. 
My keyboard is now quieter than anyone at work, even people using the crappy scissor switch dell keyboards they give to us, I've been getting loads of comments in discord, but instead of complaints it's been compliments that they no longer hear every keystroke, and honestly, the very little that it effected the feel of my typing has actually been an improvement, I don't think I'll ever be able to type on a mech without them again. Thank you Zeal for this, I honestly never really understood people who critiqued every aspect and weight of their switches as I never felt a huge difference or cared too much (as long as it was tactile I was happy) but after using this for a few weeks I've been converted, I finally understand what it feels like to find the perfect combo for you.

Sorry for the wall of text and I'm sure many grammatical errors and crap post but I was so happy with this purchase I had to show my gratitude somehow, not to mention that Zeal is in my opinion one of if not the best GB Organizers, on every front, be it communication, speed, or flexibility I've been blown away at every step of the process.

Here's a pic of the finished product:
Show Image

• Black VE.A
  • R4 78g Zealio Switches
  • Zealencio Silencing Clips
  • Zeal Transparent Screw-in Stabs
  • GMK Hyperfuse Keyset
  • Blue LEDs
  • Homemade Sleeved SATA Cable (will be sleeving USB the same once parts come in)

That's awesome, Davis! Thank you very much for the awesome review. Really happy to hear you're happy with everything. :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
So. My order arrived safely in germany and I have some good and some bad "news".

First the good ones. Flashing the default hex file worked flawlessly under linux with tkg-toolkit. My OEM PBT caps in combination with the Zealencios and the 67g Zealios feel awesome. Seriously... awesome. I think I can feel less wobble, but that never bothered my anyway. The R2 78g now feel... "less"

But...  :-X
Show Image

That little bit of PCB where the USB socket is attached, sticks out 2 or 3 mm. Sadly. So that part of the PCB sits flush with my aliexpress aluminium CNC case, but should be 1-2mm further up.
Which results in:
Show Image

Keep in mind: it's the PCB, not the socket that prevents "proper" positioning.

So I can only use the screws on that side of the PCB with a clear conscience and/or without fearing of damaging stuff.
Apart from that: as the last times: switches, shipping, stabs. Everything was exceptional.  :thumb: :thumb:

So I either have to dremel a bit of PCB off or use heavy artillery and remove some aluminium from my case.  :eek:
@Zeal any ideas?

Zeal60 PCB designer here... Can you take a photo from the back, looking at the USB socket, so I can see how the USB socket is positioned relative to the cutout?

I'd like to know if the issue is due to the cutout size being too small (compared to something like a TEX case, which has clearance for the PCB).

Offline kundica

Zeal, I'm not able to flash the default hex. When I plugin my keyboard it's recognized as a keyboard, not ATmega32U4 so I can't use FLIP to flash. I can type on it like a normal keyboard, although all the LEDs are flashing like crazy. Running the keymap bat does not work either. How am I supposed to get this thing in bootloader mode so I can one, install the ATMEGA32U4 driver, and two, flash it? Space + Esc doesn't work.

Edit: Nvrmind, I found the button.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2017, 23:47:36 by kundica »

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Zeal, I'm not able to flash the default hex. When I plugin my keyboard it's recognized as a keyboard, not ATmega32U4 so I can't use FLIP to flash. I can type on it like a normal keyboard, although all the LEDs are flashing like crazy. Running the keymap bat does not work either. How am I supposed to get this thing in bootloader mode so I can one, install the ATMEGA32U4 driver, and two, flash it? Space + Esc doesn't work.

Sorry, oversight in the instructions. Now updated to include:

Press on the golden button between "A" and "S" to set your PCB to bootloader mode. Alternatively, if your keyboard is built up, holding down Space+B while plugging in the USB cable will also set it to bootloader mode. You can now proceed to flashing the PCB via FLIP.

Offline kundica

Sorry, oversight in the instructions. Now updated to include:

Press on the golden button between "A" and "S" to set your PCB to bootloader mode. Alternatively, if your keyboard is built up, holding down Space+B while plugging in the USB cable will also set it to bootloader mode. You can now proceed to flashing the PCB via FLIP.

Thanks for the instructions. I should've looked for the button from the beginning. All the other 60% boards I've built use b.face PCBs so I never use a button. SPACE + B is super helpful though.

Offline toneman77

So. My order arrived safely in germany and I have some good and some bad "news".

First the good ones. Flashing the default hex file worked flawlessly under linux with tkg-toolkit. My OEM PBT caps in combination with the Zealencios and the 67g Zealios feel awesome. Seriously... awesome. I think I can feel less wobble, but that never bothered my anyway. The R2 78g now feel... "less"

Show Image

That little bit of PCB where the USB socket is attached, sticks out 2 or 3 mm. Sadly. So that part of the PCB sits flush with my aliexpress aluminium CNC case, but should be 1-2mm further up.
Which results in:
Show Image

So I can only use the screws on that side of the PCB with a clear conscience and/or without fearing of damaging stuff.
Apart from that: as the last times: switches, shipping, stabs. Everything was exceptional.  :thumb: :thumb:

So I either have to dremel a bit of PCB off or use heavy artillery and remove some aluminium from my case.  :eek:
@Zeal any ideas?

Could you link the case you purchasd on aliexpress? Is it the one with the cutout for a weight in the back? That's the only reported case I've received from a customer that doesn't have a large enough USB hole clearance (either due to cut out, or standoffs too tall).

Show Image

Which results in:
Show Image

@Zeal any ideas?

Zeal60 PCB designer here... Can you take a photo from the back, looking at the USB socket, so I can see how the USB socket is positioned relative to the cutout?

I'd like to know if the issue is due to the cutout size being too small (compared to something like a TEX case, which has clearance for the PCB).

Sure
1. @Zeal that's the link from aliexpress. It was all the rage some weeks ago because it was around 50 bucks: AliExpress. (link from then)
2. @Wilba: here:
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2017, 03:06:20 by toneman77 »

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Zeal60 Firmware has been updated to V0.2: https://zealpc.net/blogs/news/programming-your-zeal60-rgb-pcb

Added toggle/hold via LT(layer, kc) command, tweaked stabilizer LEDs during reactive lighting.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
Sure
Show Image

The cutout is about the same height as on my TEX case, but definitely a lot less width.

If I had to fix this (and I might, because I have some AliExpress cases on the way!) I would Dremel a tiny bit off the PCB (see pic) and then add extra solder to the mount pins on the top side (i.e. making a nice "solder joint" fillet between the outside of the USB socket pin and the pad).

157002-0

I chose this particular USB socket because it had through-hole mount pins, so they're a lot more secure than ones with SMD pads, and they tested compatible with my TEX 60% case (including all the ribs!) and Zeal's Duck Eagle, and AFAIK were going to fit any USB cutout that was compatible with Poker2. So I'm sorry you're having this issue.

Offline toneman77

Sure
Show Image

The cutout is about the same height as on my TEX case, but definitely a lot less width.

If I had to fix this (and I might, because I have some AliExpress cases on the way!) I would Dremel a tiny bit off the PCB (see pic) and then add extra solder to the mount pins on the top side (i.e. making a nice "solder joint" fillet between the outside of the USB socket pin and the pad).

(Attachment Link)

I chose this particular USB socket because it had through-hole mount pins, so they're a lot more secure than ones with SMD pads, and they tested compatible with my TEX 60% case (including all the ribs!) and Zeal's Duck Eagle, and AFAIK were going to fit any USB cutout that was compatible with Poker2. So I'm sorry you're having this issue.
No need to apologize. I expect it to be rather impossible to satisfy anything and everyone. I am deeply impressed so far. And that you used QMK (instead of tmk) is the added bonus for me! (I did AMJ60 and Satan GH60 iso_split_rshift).

And now for something completely different: You plan your fork to being merged upstream in the future?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
No need to apologize. I expect it to be rather impossible to satisfy anything and everyone. I am deeply impressed so far. And that you used QMK (instead of tmk) is the added bonus for me! (I did AMJ60 and Satan GH60 iso_split_rshift).

What is "iso_split_rshift"? Is that the name for 1U+1.75U instead of 1.75U+1U (HHKB-like Shift+Fn)?

And now for something completely different: You plan your fork to being merged upstream in the future?

Well the plan is for that to happen eventually... it's never going to be a completely separate fork like QMK was to TMK... it's just my working "branch". It's more convenient during this stage of development to keep things under my control, instantly publish latest source, and not have to bother with pull requests to the master every time I want to publish, and handle pull requests to Zeal60 specific changes to me vs. through the master.

For most people it won't make much difference, since a) I'll keep my fork up to date with QMK master and b) the goal is to have a GUI for changing keymaps and backlight configuration so most end users will never need to build QMK themselves.

FWIW if any Zeal60 users are reading this, feel free to give me feedback and suggestions  ;D

Offline kundica

Sure
Show Image

I had the same issue with my knockoff TEX case. You can force the PCB to fit but it'll be slightly off center from left to right. Using a real TEX case for now.

On another note, is there a way to program the LEDs to turn off when you shut down your computer? Mine currently stay on and I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in for them to stay off. My FaceW/b.face boards power off the LEDs when you shutdown the PC for comparison.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
On another note, is there a way to program the LEDs to turn off when you shut down your computer? Mine currently stay on and I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in for them to stay off. My FaceW/b.face boards power off the LEDs when you shutdown the PC for comparison.

I will add this feature to the next release. I actually made it stay on during sleep/shutdown and continue it's effect (if it was color cycling etc.) but recently thought not everyone will want that. I was thinking of adding a brightness setting while "suspended" that you can set to 0 if you want them off.

Offline Malenky

FWIW if any Zeal60 users are reading this, feel free to give me feedback and suggestions  ;D

The easiest interface I've used is the NerDy GUI, albeit lacking options a bit on the LEDs etc.

Offline kundica

I will add this feature to the next release. I actually made it stay on during sleep/shutdown and continue it's effect (if it was color cycling etc.) but recently thought not everyone will want that. I was thinking of adding a brightness setting while "suspended" that you can set to 0 if you want them off.

That'll be great, thanks!

When you say suspended do you mean sleep? I don't know if it's a limitation of the controller but can the LEDs timeout after a period of no activity?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline nugglets

Just want to say thanks to Zeal and Wilba for adding that LT function from QMK. I asked Zeal about it and within a few hours he told me a new firmware was up that enabled it. That's freaking awesome =)

It's one of my favorite features for 60% boards, adds such a great level of functionality.

Also want to say that I'm incredibly impressed with all of the new products. I just built my Zeal60 with Zealencios, his stabs and R4 62g Zealios and this thing is freaking fantastic. I was already a huge fan of the 62g Zealios, but the wobble reduction in R4 is very noticeable and a very welcome improvement. The stabs are buttery smooth, and of course look fantastic. The PCB is very high quality, and a fully programmable, QMK compatible, RGB 60% PCB is pretty much a dream come true for me.

But honestly, the most impressive thing to me has to be Zealencios. To do a fair comparison I took my B.face PCB with aluminum plate and put it in this same case to see just how much a difference the two would make, both using GMK caps. It's absolutely night and day. At 100+wpm the non-silenced sounds like a machine gun, whereas in comparison the silenced board is barely audible. The feel is also something I didn't expect. I hate to make the comparison because I feel like it's going to draw scoffs from people on both sides of the fence, but it's almost topre like in the bottom out feel. I had used o-rings in the past (and hated them) but they don't even come close to this. Just really, really impressed.

Of course, no public shilling would be complete without a picture.

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2017, 10:07:45 by nugglets »

Offline toneman77

[...]
Of course, no public shilling would be complete without a picture.

Show Image

Damn, I forgot:

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
When you say suspended do you mean sleep? I don't know if it's a limitation of the controller but can the LEDs timeout after a period of no activity?

Yes, I mean all cases where the USB device is "suspended", like the PC in Sleep, Hibernate and in some cases Shutdown.
For example, even when my PC is in full shutdown mode, I can still wake it by pressing a key on the keyboard, because the USB device is in a "suspended" state. It's up to the device what it does in this state, but all it can really do is "wake" the host.

I've already done the basics for just turning off the LEDs when suspended, that can go in the next release, rather than do anything fancier like a different backlight effect/brightness etc. when suspended.

As for turning off the backlight after a timeout period of inactivity, that's possible too, but I can only track keyboard activity, not general PC usage, i.e. user didn't type in 15 minutes, turn off backlight. I can definitely do something like that, whether it's useful or not to users is another story  ;D

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
Just want to say thanks to Zeal and Wilba for adding that LT function from QMK. I asked Zeal about it and within a few hours he told me a new firmware was up that enabled it. That's freaking awesome =)

It's one of my favorite features for 60% boards, adds such a great level of functionality.

No problem. It was already supported in the firmware (it is QMK), just not in the keymap uploading tool. Send me your layout file, I'm curious to see it!  ;D

Offline toneman77

No problem. It was already supported in the firmware (it is QMK), just not in the keymap uploading tool. Send me your layout file, I'm curious to see it!  ;D
LT() is the best!
Code: [Select]
LT(layer, kc) - momentary switch to layer when held, and kc when tapped.
Like MO(), this only works upwards in the layer stack (layer must be higher than the current layer).
I use that for the
  • Tab key (Tab when tapped, layer switch when held)
  • Enter key (Enter when tapped, Ctrl when held)
  • Capslock (Escape/Ctrl)
  • and the almighty SpaceFn (Space, Layer switch) :p :thumb:
also for the right shift,win, menu, ctrl which are arrows when tapped and the modifiers when held.
Doc here: QMK wiki

Offline kundica

Yes, I mean all cases where the USB device is "suspended", like the PC in Sleep, Hibernate and in some cases Shutdown.
For example, even when my PC is in full shutdown mode, I can still wake it by pressing a key on the keyboard, because the USB device is in a "suspended" state. It's up to the device what it does in this state, but all it can really do is "wake" the host.

I've already done the basics for just turning off the LEDs when suspended, that can go in the next release, rather than do anything fancier like a different backlight effect/brightness etc. when suspended.

As for turning off the backlight after a timeout period of inactivity, that's possible too, but I can only track keyboard activity, not general PC usage, i.e. user didn't type in 15 minutes, turn off backlight. I can definitely do something like that, whether it's useful or not to users is another story  ;D
Okay, sweet. Thanks again!

Regarding timeout, that's exactly what I was thinking about. I regularly leave my PC on so I can VPN in while I'm away. Currently, I manually turn off the LEDs when I leave for the day. One of my older Varmilo boards would timeout though after 10 or so min of inactivity and I really liked that.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
Regarding timeout, that's exactly what I was thinking about. I regularly leave my PC on so I can VPN in while I'm away. Currently, I manually turn off the LEDs when I leave for the day. One of my older Varmilo boards would timeout though after 10 or so min of inactivity and I really liked that.

OK, I'll get that into the next release as well.

Offline dakisback

What is "iso_split_rshift"? Is that the name for 1U+1.75U instead of 1.75U+1U (HHKB-like Shift+Fn)?

Well the plan is for that to happen eventually... it's never going to be a completely separate fork like QMK was to TMK... it's just my working "branch". It's more convenient during this stage of development to keep things under my control, instantly publish latest source, and not have to bother with pull requests to the master every time I want to publish, and handle pull requests to Zeal60 specific changes to me vs. through the master.

For most people it won't make much difference, since a) I'll keep my fork up to date with QMK master and b) the goal is to have a GUI for changing keymaps and backlight configuration so most end users will never need to build QMK themselves.

I am really looking forward to the GUI. The .bat file method of programming is pretty overwhelming for me  :(

Offline tkim

Modified, managed to solve most my issues, just have a lazy LED on alpha's "c, v, b and spacebar" Also the left space bar stab isn't on?, is this a solder issue? I vaguely recall seeing something somewhere
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2017, 17:44:08 by tkim »

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
So I think I messed up something

After I flashed the firmware (v.1, then .2), I can't get any of the LEDs to turn on.  I used the poker keymaps, but I even tried the example from the readme using the command line tool. Nothing.  I also tried the colors example.  Did I break something?

Edit: Ok, figured it out.  I'm an idiot. 
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2017, 19:42:57 by Dominathan »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
Modified, managed to solve most my issues, just have a lazy LED on alpha's "c, v, b and spacebar" Also the left space bar stab isn't on?, is this a solder issue? I vaguely recall seeing something somewhere

Left spacebar stab has two LEDs. You need to solder a jumper there (JC6 or JC6A) to choose which one you want (6.25U or 7U spacebar). That will most likely fix the other issue with C, V, B and spacebar LEDs.

Offline Skandocious

Hey Zeal-- first of all, thank you for an awesome product in Zealios and thank you for being attentive and open to your customers; I've been following this thread for several weeks. I got my switches a couple weeks ago and promptly assembled my OLKB Atomic 😁

Question for you! I've got 2 other orders for stabs, LEDs, and SIPs. When my switches shipped out I got automated notifications that all 3 of my orders had been shipped but only the switches were in the box that arrived. Are you still working on sending out stabs and SIPs? The orders that I haven't received are 5406 and 5605.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey Zeal-- first of all, thank you for an awesome product in Zealios and thank you for being attentive and open to your customers; I've been following this thread for several weeks. I got my switches a couple weeks ago and promptly assembled my OLKB Atomic 😁

Show Image

Show Image

Question for you! I've got 2 other orders for stabs, LEDs, and SIPs. When my switches shipped out I got automated notifications that all 3 of my orders had been shipped but only the switches were in the box that arrived. Are you still working on sending out stabs and SIPs? The orders that I haven't received are 5406 and 5605.

PM'd

Offline tkim

Left spacebar stab has two LEDs. You need to solder a jumper there (JC6 or JC6A) to choose which one you want (6.25U or 7U spacebar). That will most likely fix the other issue with C, V, B and spacebar LEDs.

thanks mate, managed to get the stab light on and in sync but the alphas and space bar are still out of sync, I have soldered this jumppad so not sure what the issue is.. its absolutely making the ocd in me come out  :eek: :eek:

for example - http://imgur.com/a/qSrAF

update - redid the pads, and no luck, issue still remains
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 January 2017, 04:13:37 by tkim »

Offline dakisback

thanks mate, managed to get the stab light on and in sync but the alphas and space bar are still out of sync, I have soldered this jumppad so not sure what the issue is.. its absolutely making the ocd in me come out  :eek: :eek:

for example - http://imgur.com/a/qSrAF

update - redid the pads, and no luck, issue still remains

Did you solder all 6 jump pads for poker layout?

Offline tkim

Oh no worries, the issue was solved, I basically created a short circuit with some solder causing the LED's to whack out, Henry provided me some excellent after support and assured me he hand checked each PCB that went out.

Top notch guy! thanks Henry! :thumb:

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
Hey Zeal,

Got my switches and stabs and love them - sorry if you've been asked this 1000x aleady, but when will a R2 for the PCB happen?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Hey Zeal,

Got my switches and stabs and love them - sorry if you've been asked this 1000x aleady, but when will a R2 for the PCB happen?

Late Jan/early Feb.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
January 9, 2017

Updated to V0.3 firmware. Added option to disable backlight when USB suspended / disable backlight after inactivity timeout.
Reactive mode added to all color cycle effects.

Offline eeymiel

Build my Zeal60 this weekend, really liking it so far ;D
But is there source code for the zeal60 tool, and or a Linux version?
EDIT: nvm found it: https://github.com/Wilba6582/zeal60
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 04:47:45 by eeymiel »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech

No Linux version yet, but the code was written to compile under Linux (and OSX). I'm hoping someone will volunteer to get it building on Linux ;D

Yes, I know it's kind of ironic that I made the zeal60 tool like a UNIX-style command line tool, build firmware in Linux shells, but don't run Linux as an OS.:p

Offline toneman77

No Linux version yet, but the code was written to compile under Linux (and OSX). I'm hoping someone will volunteer to get it building on Linux ;D

Yes, I know it's kind of ironic that I made the zeal60 tool like a UNIX-style command line tool, build firmware in Linux shells, but don't run Linux as an OS.:p
What do you mean with "building on linux"?
I did flash my Zeal60 in linux.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech

The zeal60 tool used in the batch files that change layouts and settings is built for Windows, not Linux.

That's different to programming (burning/flashing) firmware like the zeal60_default.hex into the microcontroller on the PCB, which can be done with Flip on Windows and dfu-programmer on Linux.

Offline toneman77

The zeal60 tool used in the batch files that change layouts and settings is built for Windows, not Linux.

That's different to programming (burning/flashing) firmware like the zeal60_default.hex into the microcontroller on the PCB, which can be done with Flip on Windows and dfu-programmer on Linux.
Ah I see. When I get home, I'll take a look at that and see if I can bash-ify that.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
Ah I see. When I get home, I'll take a look at that and see if I can bash-ify that.

LOL that's the easy bit. The zeal60.exe provided won't run under Linux. I need to build it using Linux libraries etc.

Offline mll8394

• I regret joining this hobby :/
I know it's late to post this but I got all of my R4 loot. Came in a really solid box and arrived safely. Awesome work as always  :thumb: ;D

But I need help about lubing switches.

1.) What are the main contact points for lubing both tactile and clicky switches(aristotle stems in this case) without reducing tactility?
2.) I also have Gateron Linear Clears switches w/60g springs which I also plan to lube, is it bad to use the GH V4 Thick lube on these? are the thick lubes only meant for tactile/clicky switches?
3.) My goal for lubing switches is to achieve that buttery smooth feel without losing/reducing tactility and no ping noise from the spring. Really hate those pinging sounds.

Any help and replies would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the questions but this is my first custom keyboard build and I don't want to mess this up.
Thanks  ;D :D
"Converting Oxygen into CO2 24/7"

Offline eeymiel

I've created a pull request for a Linux version: https://github.com/Wilba6582/zeal60/pull/1  :D

Offline toneman77

I've created a pull request for a Linux version: https://github.com/Wilba6582/zeal60/pull/1  :D
Hmm. I was able to to compile without any modifications. I just ran
make KEYMAP=default
in the .../qmk_firmware/keyboard/zeal60 folder and got the resulting hex file in the qmk_firmware folder. Building and automatically flashing with
sudo make KEYMAP=default dfu
(change "default" to whatever keymap you want to build/flash)
Keep in mind: I built under ubuntu, maybe your arch needed some more stuff.

Offline joey

make KEYMAP=default
in the .../qmk_firmware/keyboard/zeal60 folder and got the resulting hex file in the qmk_firmware folder. Building and automatically flashing with
This is about the GUI, not the QMK firmware.

Offline toneman77

make KEYMAP=default
This is about the GUI, not the QMK firmware.
Ah ok. my fault.
Nice.

Offline dakisback

Hi Wilba,

Is there anyway you can add a toggle to change the Caps Lock LED red(or configurable) when caps lock is enabled? I think that would be super helpful.

Thanks!

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.

Hi Wilba,

Is there anyway you can add a toggle to change the Caps Lock LED red(or configurable) when caps lock is enabled? I think that would be super helpful.

Thanks!

We definitely need something here.  Maybe make the capslock the opposite color of what it was assigned?  So if supposed to be FF0000 it was 00FFFF?  That would be kinda cool.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech

Hi Wilba,

Thanks!

We definitely need something here.  Maybe make the capslock the opposite color of what it was assigned?  So if supposed to be FF0000 it was 00FFFF?  That would be kinda cool.

Doing one-off patches to do what you want is easy.
Coming up with a flexible way to let anyone do what they want (via the PC app) is hard.

I'm going to define something like an "indicator LED"... it will have location (in switch matrix), the effect (a color or color effect), and the state it's tracking (Caps Lock, Fn1 layer, etc.)

Offline nugglets

Hi Wilba,

Thanks!

Coming up with a flexible way to let anyone do what they want (via the PC app) is hard.

I'm going to define something like an "indicator LED"... it will have location (in switch matrix), the effect (a color or color effect), and the state it's tracking (Caps Lock, Fn1 layer, etc.)

This sounds cool, being able to assign different color effects to the indicators. The ps2avr firmware has a "reverse" option that I really like, incorporating that into your idea could be pretty cool too.

Offline Brammm87

Hi Wilba,

Thanks!

Oh man, can't wait to experiment with this. I love the idea of being to light up specific keys that are part of a function layer for example. And the toggle on caps lock is super nice as well :D

pls gief bbv2

Offline tofgerl

This sounds good. I think I'll get a PCB in the next round if there are enough to go around :)