geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] MKC Aluminum Case for Filco -- Group Buy or Not Group Buy?

(1/5) > >>

feng:
Allright, I've said numerous times that I know how expensive MKC's aluminum case is, but there's nothing I can do to drop the price. Reference: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34606.0

And people still keep trying to make me feel bad about the price. T_T

So I just talked to MKC again, again! And here's the result we came out: If there're at least 10 orders, and no matter how many more order we will have (e.g. 1000 orders), we can get the the price down to $285 for each! And still, the shipping is $27 via DHL express directly shipped to you guys from China.

This is the best price I can get for this case. MKC said he can't reduce the price anymore lower because of the complexity. In the future, he might bring over a simple version of this case with a lower price.

And personally I would add a little promotion to this group buy: if you ordered a case, then you can add $20 for having a "Geekhack" aluminum backspace from here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34409.0

So please post in this thread if you are interested and wanna jump into this group buy for sure.

nntnam:
I will be in for that price, but I can only purchase it by October :(.

dorkvader:
I think $285 is an excellent deal, but it's still, unfortunately, out of my range. Right now I'm anticipating using my neighbors hacksaw on my old tower, to get a steel resting plate and standoffs for my phantom.

Hopefully more people agree that this is a good price, and also have the means to make it good. That colour chart was really impressive!

WhiteFireDragon:
I'll just express my interest, but won't be "jumping" at it any time soon with this price.

--- Quote from: feng on Fri, 17 August 2012, 22:17:13 ---And people still keep trying to make me feel bad about the price. T_T
--- End quote ---
I don't think anyone is trying to make you feel bad, because realistically price is a little steep. Just ask yourself, would you personally buy one of these without hesitation?

feng:

--- Quote from: WhiteFireDragon on Sat, 18 August 2012, 00:31:23 ---I don't think anyone is trying to make you feel bad, because realistically price is a little steep. Just ask yourself, would you personally buy one of these without hesitation?

--- End quote ---

I was just joking. :) Actually I do feel bad about the price because it's steep. This product came out like a month ago and I was too lazy opening the group buy because I knew and I've told MKC that this price won't get people interested. Personally I wouldn't take this case because for this price, I'd go with a KMAC, or other Korean custom keyboards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version