Author Topic: Tactile Zine  (Read 737497 times)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Re: Tactile Zine
« Reply #1000 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 23:22:06 »
Show Image

Nice!

I don't know if I have the bottom right one, with 6.39. Which is it?

That was a supplemental one that CPT did last year maybe? its all photos from his trip to Japan.
-Dana

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1001 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 23:42:24 »
Show Image

Nice!

That was a supplemental one that CPT did last year maybe? its all photos from his trip to Japan.

Yup, that's the one from his Tokyo visit. The zine is about arcades!

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1002 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 00:26:13 »
Show Image

Nice!

Thanks for the responses! I may have missed that one somehow which is sad.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1003 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 00:27:23 »
Show Image

Nice!

I'd send one your way but it's my only Tactile Zine.

Hopefully you get a Free Copy!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1004 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 00:52:16 »
Show Image

Nice!

Continue? Was the latest mini zine. https://www.tactilezine.com/#/continue/

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #1005 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 05:04:39 »
Thank you Kelly Boop and Capt Badass!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1006 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 06:53:16 »
Show Image

Nice!

Continue? is the first photozine in the new direction I'm moving Tactile towards. I'd like to focus more on photography based on travel/street photography/adventuring/whatever I'm shooting lol. It was a small diary on my time in Akihabara hunting for games and playing in arcades. I did a small run earlier this year and posted it on my site/Instagram. I'd be happy to do another run if there's interest. Unfortunately I can't do free zines anymore so it was $15.

Thank you Kelly Boop and Capt Badass!

You're welcome :). Thanks for your interest.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 20:26:34 »
Yes yes YES!  Great to see you back posting, even briefly.  :)  Can't wait for the next project!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1008 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 19:02:28 »
If you've only been following in this thread and are still interested in a Small Bundle (just zines like the good old days), please check out the sales thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96410.0.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1009 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 17:20:11 »
So with the end of my collaboration with booper, I'm stepping away from the hobby and geekhack again. If you enjoyed the work we put out, please consider following me on @tactilezine on Instagram or on tactilezine.com. I have a lot of plans for zines and other things.

I'm taking a darkroom class, a risograph class, and a DIY book-binding class soon. So expect some cool stuff coming from those classes soon. Also I've been planning a new zine based around my ****ty and unintentional birdwatching shots I've gathered in the last couple years.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1010 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 17:22:59 »
So with the end of my collaboration with booper, I'm stepping away from the hobby and geekhack again. If you enjoyed the work we put out, please consider following me on @tactilezine on Instagram or on tactilezine.com. I have a lot of plans for zines and other things.

I'm taking a darkroom class, a risograph class, and a DIY book-binding class soon. So expect some cool stuff coming from those classes soon. Also I've been planning a new zine based around my ****ty and unintentional birdwatching shots I've gathered in the last couple years.

:( :-[ :-X :-\ :'( >:D :confused: :mad: :eek: :blank:

Offline firezlife

« Reply #1011 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 20:53:28 »

:( :-[ :-X :-\ :'( >:D :confused: :mad: :eek: :blank:

Thanks for the amazing work and can't wait till your return!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1012 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 11:49:23 »

Thanks for your work! Will be tuned for more on Instagram.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1013 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 13:40:26 »

Having trouble reading the picture above? Click here.
More
Press Release: Tactile Zine 2.0 Coming Soon

From the desk of the editor:

I know this is quite a necro but to me this has been a work in progress in my mind for a while. When I found myself with a lot of free time but not a lot of funds. I started thinking about this project again...wishing for time where I'd be able to work on it again. And that time is coming soon!

So what am I doing for Tactile 2.0? Remember when I said I was done with keyboards? That was a lie. I'm interested again. But I also want to cover other interests. More to come on that. More zines incoming for sure though. And stickers. Maybe other tangible goods too. I'm also done with overcommitting to things or ideas in public. As usual, expect as much DIY as possible from me. And I'll always provide simple and transparent updates.

If you're interested, please watch this space. For those who aren't aware of Tactile 1.0, please see the first post in the link below. And if you remember 1.0, let me know. I'd love to catch up. I have a lot to learn about keyboards again.

P.S: I do think there is such a thing as endgame keyboards and I'm fully prepared to step away from the hobby again with my small but beloved collection.

CPTBadAss

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1014 on: Sat, 26 November 2022, 05:37:24 »
Show Image

OOOOOOOOOOOH DAAAAAAAAAAMN! Nice nice nice! I gifted my collection of Tactile 1.0 zines to sleepy but hell, I am signing up for Tactile 2.0. YESYESYES, Captain, let's f-ing gooo!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #1015 on: Sat, 26 November 2022, 08:35:46 »
Good to hear you’re still around.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1016 on: Sat, 26 November 2022, 15:08:33 »
Hyyyyyyyyyyped, really enjoyed each of the zines you put out and always welcome more!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 11:59:37 »
Show Image

More

I know this is quite a necro but to me this has been a work in progress in my mind for a while. When I found myself with a lot of free time but not a lot of funds. I started thinking about this project again...wishing for time where I'd be able to work on it again. And that time is coming soon!

So what am I doing for Tactile 2.0? Remember when I said I was done with keyboards? That was a lie. I'm interested again. But I also want to cover other interests. More to come on that. More zines incoming for sure though. And stickers. Maybe other tangible goods too. I'm also done with overcommitting to things or ideas in public. As usual, expect as much DIY as possible from me. And I'll always provide simple and transparent updates.

If you're interested, please watch this space. For those who aren't aware of Tactile 1.0, please see the first post in the link below. And if you remember 1.0, let me know. I'd love to catch up. I have a lot to learn about keyboards again.

P.S: I do think there is such a thing as endgame keyboards and I'm fully prepared to step away from the hobby again with my small but beloved collection.

CPTBadAss

Yessssssssssss, bring it on!

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 02:32:31 »
Lovely to see old men hyping up another old man like this. We GH vets. Love ya fellas! :cool:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 02:51:08 »
Hi Again captain !
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Slywanin

• Abdul Lutfi is my name.
« Reply #1020 on: Fri, 30 December 2022, 12:12:26 »
whoaww

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1021 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 22:41:05 »
Just checking in to say my November post wasn't a joke. I'm slowly working on getting everything ready. The day job is keeping me busy and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the current state of the hobby. Hard to talk about keebs if I don't have a grasp on em yet haha.

I have finally got my site up and running so please check it out for now. It's not much but I promise more is coming.

tactilezine.xyz

Also it's nice to hear from ya'll.

Show Image

OOOOOOOOOOOH DAAAAAAAAAAMN! Nice nice nice! I gifted my collection of Tactile 1.0 zines to sleepy but hell, I am signing up for Tactile 2.0. YESYESYES, Captain, let's f-ing gooo!

Unfortunately I can't just giveaway the zines this time. I no longer have the same situation as Tactile 1.0 and cannot get prints/stickers for cheap. I promise I will price the zines affordably though. More to come on that. I'm continually surprised to hear people kept the old zines. Happy people did though.

Good to hear you’re still around.

I left the hobby for a long time but getting back into it. Glad you're still here!!

Yessssssssssss, bring it on!

Hehe, you're getting recruited to help on this whether you like it or not  :p

Hi Again captain !

Hello! Hope you are doing well  ;D

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1022 on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 12:31:02 »
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the current state of the hobby.

Switches as far as the eye can see!

Good to have you back :)
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #1023 on: Mon, 22 May 2023, 16:01:26 »
Show Image

More

CPTBadAss

omg yesss! I've come to the conclusion that one can never truly quit keyboards  :)) There are so many new boards and switches and everything out now! I'm counting on you to learn so you can translate everything into a digestible format for me  :)) :))
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1024 on: Mon, 22 May 2023, 17:20:25 »
Show Image

More

CPTBadAss

omg yesss! I've come to the conclusion that one can never truly quit keyboards  :)) There are so many new boards and switches and everything out now! I'm counting on you to learn so you can translate everything into a digestible format for me  :)) :))

Ok but this time, I'm going to not collect 40+ keyboards lol. I am planning on reviewing switches though. Been buying samples hehe