Author Topic: Help simple fix for G903  (Read 8055 times)

Offline typo

Help simple fix for G903
« on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 04:57:44 »
HI,

As usual my mouse, this time a G903 has cat hair no doubt wrapped around the center wheel spindle. Is there any way I can get the fur out without opening the mouse? Perhaps, since this mouse has the hollow wheel? I figure some of you have a good answer for this but I come up clueless.  I do not wish to take it apart because the feet never go back on right when I take mice apart. Yes, fudge fingers but there must be some way to just fish/tease out the bit of hair that is around the spindle. It works fine, it simply does not spin whatsoever. Thank you

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Help simple fix for G903
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 05:42:21 »
you can get a xacto knife in there and start loosening the bundle of cat floof..

Then you just put a vacuum nozzle to it, and it should come out.

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 07:19:32 »
Like just tease it out or try to cut it? There is hardly any room there but at least it moves to the side. This has happened to every Logitech Rodent I have had. The difference here is I do not wish to toss this at $150.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 10:34:28 »
Like just tease it out or try to cut it? There is hardly any room there but at least it moves to the side. This has happened to every Logitech Rodent I have had. The difference here is I do not wish to toss this at $150.

Yea, tease.. but if the wheel is metal, you can also apply a gentle cutting pressure to it..

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 04:13:39 »
Man, that thing was jammed. Took me an hour+. Taking it apart would have been much faster but want new feet then and do not have any. That wheel did not budge. So after I got it all out I put on some PTFE dry lube. Now it moves like a high end custom fidget spinner lol. It freewheels for about 80 seconds. That is much better than stock due to the PTFE. I highly recommend it. It is not cheap but one will find many uses for it.