Author Topic: KeyForge  (Read 2182059 times)

Offline superiorgorg30

Re: KeyForge - T-**** Contest
« Reply #2300 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 17:28:18 »
176375-0

My Design, Japanese Warrior bowing down to his overlord. Very fun contest and first time trying out a friend drawing tablet. Good luck to all  :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2017, 17:30:35 by superiorgorg30 »

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #2301 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 18:43:48 »
Some good stuff in here, keep 'em coming! :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2302 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 00:27:25 »
Some good stuff in here, keep 'em coming! :thumb:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2303 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 15:27:03 »
What a dumb MF-er I am. Created the design then read it can only be one color. Here is Original and my attempt at un-dumbassing it:

176428-0

Second time ever using photoshop, glad they made selecting "Black and white" easy :D

176430-1

EDIT: additing final submission here too in case more recent reply is overlooked. Also, I have vector files but I guess the formats cannot be attached, so adding .jpg for placeholder/illustration?
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 08:29:13 by the-slunk »

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #2304 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 15:58:00 »
What a dumb MF-er I am. Created the design then read it can only be one color. Here is Original and my attempt at un-dumbassing it:

(Attachment Link)

Second time ever using photoshop, glad they made selecting "Black and white" easy :D

(Attachment Link)
I approve of this fine punnery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2305 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 18:05:38 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Hey thanks, original design had "original recipe" on the front, and "finger clickin' good" on the back with "keyforge.com" but then I read the "one side please" thing. I must have selective reading because I didn't see the one color rule until I was going to post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #2306 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 18:07:31 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Hey thanks, original design had "original recipe" on the front, and "finger clickin' good" on the back with "keyforge.com" but then I read the "one side please" thing. I must have selective reading because I didn't see the one color rule until I was going to post

I went pretty hardcore pun on mine as well, to the point of it being difficult to understand whether Keyforge is even related to caps at all lol

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2307 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 18:12:50 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I went pretty hardcore pun on mine as well, to the point of it being difficult to understand whether Keyforge is even related to caps at all lol

That sounds completely re(PUN)gnant ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But for real, I figured anyone seeking this swag will know, and anyone willing to interact with someone over it will more than likely know what's up. I say let the puns flow

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2308 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 18:47:35 »
My inspiration comes from my **** yall im from houston shirt.  Deep stuff

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #2309 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 18:50:26 »
Ta da!

Offline iArson

« Reply #2310 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 23:17:19 »
176465-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 August 2017, 23:40:55 by iArson »

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #2311 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 03:47:00 »
(Attachment Link)

front pocket slogan sounds so wrong and yet right at the same time  :))

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2312 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 18:56:33 »

Just opened an Ebay sale with a rare set in the Tears of Astoria colorway, if anybody is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/162640731659?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

176520-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2017, 18:58:38 by Sneaky Potato »

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #2313 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 18:58:16 »
Great googly moogly!  Nice set, but out of my price range.

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #2314 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 19:19:41 »

Just opened an Ebay sale with a rare set in the Tears of Astoria colorway, if anybody is interested.

(Attachment Link)
Sweet baby Christmas

Offline mypainishurt

« Reply #2315 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 19:38:57 »

(Attachment Link)
When you say rare, does that mean it's 1/1?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2316 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 21:13:07 »

(Attachment Link)
When you say rare, does that mean it's 1/1?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is a 1/1 set.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #2317 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 21:14:30 »
Woah!  Over $700 now!  Nice!

Offline glack23

« Reply #2318 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 21:18:35 »
Can hear the laughter from the shishi ~ "heeheehee"

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #2319 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 00:48:22 »
Can hear the laughter from the shishi ~ "heeheehee"
more like shi shi shi . . .

Offline FloFoer94

« Reply #2320 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 07:33:50 »
Wow $976 and 59 hours to go ... insane. They look incredibly awesome but this is a price i just can't understand especially knowing that it will get even higher...

Offline Taylorisg

KeyForge - T-**** Contest
« Reply #2321 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 08:21:28 »
I think this is a very interesting exercise. In light of the vast disparity between what what many keymakers are selling their products for and what prices/value they're fetching on the Grey market, it makes sense for auctions like this to occur. I believe it allows the makers themselves to benefit in some small way from the vast demand their designs are showing.

However, with the financial burden for a 1/1 keycap set like this to be carried by a single individual leads me to question the sustainability of such elevated pricing. If there are (as this auction stands now) 12 individuals with the desire and means to acquire such 1/1 caps for many hundreds of dollars, eventually their appetites will be satiated.

Once that occurs, the market will correct itself by bringing pricing down to the point of affordability for those who previously had desire but inadequate means. And if later 1/1 keycaps are bought and sold for prices much lower than the earlier crazed 1/1 auction keycaps, it will be hard to those earlier caps to retain their value when their relative rarity remains the same as future auctions. Additionally, what Keyforge has managed to accomplished from a craft standpoint in so little time (18 months?), I'd like to believe that we can expect makers in general to "up their game" in terms of sculpting and casting quality moving forward.

All told, I am encouraged by the notion that Keyforge (and ETF last week) can receive some measure of compensation for their undervalued efforts, and look forward to the idea that after enough of these enter the market they should eventually become affordable to the likes of mortals such as myself.

Keep up the great work guys.

Edit: typos because mobile

Offline TypicalOranges

« Reply #2322 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 10:43:36 »
Have you started yacht shopping, yet?

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #2323 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 10:53:20 »
I think this is a very interesting exercise. In light of the vast disparity between what what many keymakers are selling their products for and what prices/value they're fetching on the Grey market, it makes sense for auctions like this to occur. I believe it allows the makers themselves to benefit in some small way from the vast demand their designs are showing.

However, with the financial burden for a 1/1 keycap set like this to be carried by a single individual leads me to question the sustainability of such elevated pricing. If there are (as this auction stands now) 12 individuals with the desire and means to acquire such 1/1 caps for many hundreds of dollars, eventually their appetites will be satiated.

Once that occurs, the market will correct itself by bringing pricing down to the point of affordability for those who previously had desire but inadequate means. And if later 1/1 keycaps are bought and sold for prices much lower than the earlier crazed 1/1 auction keycaps, it will be hard to those earlier caps to retain their value when their relative rarity remains the same as future auctions. Additionally, what Keyforge has managed to accomplished from a craft standpoint in so little time (18 months?), I'd like to believe that we can expect makers in general to "up their game" in terms of sculpting and casting quality moving forward.

All told, I am encouraged by the notion that Keyforge (and ETF last week) can receive some measure of compensation for their undervalued efforts, and look forward to the idea that after enough of these enter the market they should eventually become affordable to the likes of mortals such as myself.

Thanks for the analysis, I enjoyed reading it. As much as it pains me to see that I won't be able to afford the Charizards of this hobby if such a price trend is to continue, I think it's important and see it positively that the artists are fairly compensated. "Fair" is subjective, but these are little works of art, and the artist should receive at least some of the profits that those who flip caps receive. I can empathize and only imagine to see how annoying it is to see a piece of your art raffled off for ~50 dollars and then someone else take advantage of the supply and demand and resell it at 1000%. Perhaps that 'flooding' will serve to achieve an equilibrium between artist and flipper. One can only hope. I also agree with you in that these sales will provide much incentive in terms of quality. And congrats to those two!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2324 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 13:50:28 »

Thanks for the analysis, I enjoyed reading it. As much as it pains me to see that I won't be able to afford the Charizards of this hobby if such a price trend is to continue, I think it's important and see it positively that the artists are fairly compensated. "Fair" is subjective, but these are little works of art, and the artist should receive at least some of the profits that those who flip caps receive. I can empathize and only imagine to see how annoying it is to see a piece of your art raffled off for ~50 dollars and then someone else take advantage of the supply and demand and resell it at 1000%. Perhaps that 'flooding' will serve to achieve an equilibrium between artist and flipper. One can only hope. I also agree with you in that these sales will provide much incentive in terms of quality. And congrats to those two!

Good points all around. Honestly, I don't care much about sustaining the aftermarket prices, since I do not see any of that money for my hard work. I charge what I feel is fair for my work in my normal sales, and that's that. Since I don't see any of the aftermarket money, it doesn't really matter to me.

"Fairness" is a very easy to say and want, but can be difficult to achieve sometimes. In my normal larger sales, I try to make them as absolutely "fair" as possible. They are open for long periods of time, and winners are randomly chosen by each key selection in order to give people a fair shot at each key colorway. I am not a keycap factory, so I cannot make enough keys to even come close to meeting the huge demand, but it is still a tremendous amount of work to put together a large sale. More quantity usually equals declines in quality, so I make what I can in the best quality I know how. However, with anything, high demand tends to put a premium on short supply once you've got it in your hands.

Flash sales are more difficult to enter, but there is a significantly smaller amount of keys. These are more fun for me, and a portion of the community enjoys them. Plus, it's something different to break up the monotony. Creatively, I tend to be all over the place, and often some of my best ideas and work happen at the last minute. Flash sales are an excellent outlet for some of my better ideas that I want to make small batches of.

Finally, Ebay sales are the most difficult because you're directly competing with other members of the community, but I have no say in the prices, as I start the bidding at $0. People are paying what they feel my work is worth outright. If the keys sell for $10, then that's what people feel they are worth. Generally these 1/1 keys/sets are of personal value to myself, and ones that I decided shouldn't be replicated because I wouldn't be able to do it the same again. I feel keys like these should be turned over to the community to decide their monetary value. Tears of Asteria is a colorway that is meant to reflect a specific time in my life. It is meant to show great conflict, sorrow, and specifically transformation. You can believe that and put a personal price on it, or you can believe that it's just a mediocre piece of plastic with a bunch of glittery garbage going on in it, fed to you through a straight line of bull****. I feel the same way when going to art galleries sometimes.

It can be easy to be upset that somebody is willing to pay a certain price for an item, which puts that item outside of your reach. When I was younger, I REALLY wanted an original Bob Ross painting. It meant something to me because the man inspired me so much as a kid and I wanted to have a piece of his work. However, the items were far outside my financial reach, even though he gave the damn things away for free. Why? Because he only made so many, and other people have more money than me. That upset me, but what could I do? Other people value those paintings as well. In the end, Ebay sales are just another way to make things more interesting, and give the community complete control over the pricing of a single piece of my work.

Regardless, I appreciate everyone's support even if you don't bid. You SHOULDN'T bid if you can't afford it. Hell I don't even care if you buy my keys at all, ever, I just appreciate the kind words and encouragement. That's what keeps me going. That and the cocaine.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:01:10 by Sneaky Potato »

Offline andrulik

« Reply #2325 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:39:45 »
That's what keeps me going. That and the cocaine.
I read that sentence to myself with Tony Montana's voice

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #2326 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:42:40 »
Dixie Mech entry!

https://imgur.com/a/X6tNv

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #2327 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 19:02:46 »
Dixie Mech entry!

https://imgur.com/a/X6tNv

Is that a picture of you wearing the t-shirt cause I was totally thinking about doing that but didn't :p

« Reply #2328 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 20:12:27 »
My submission for the Keyforge T-****! :)
 176592-0

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #2329 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 20:24:46 »
My submission for the Keyforge T-****! :)
  (Attachment Link)

D*ckshishibutt

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #2330 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 22:49:43 »

Good points all around. Honestly, I don't care much about sustaining the aftermarket prices, since I do not see any of that money for my hard work. I charge what I feel is fair for my work in my normal sales, and that's that. Since I don't see any of the aftermarket money, it doesn't really matter to me.

"Fairness" is a very easy to say and want, but can be difficult to achieve sometimes. In my normal larger sales, I try to make them as absolutely "fair" as possible. They are open for long periods of time, and winners are randomly chosen by each key selection in order to give people a fair shot at each key colorway. I am not a keycap factory, so I cannot make enough keys to even come close to meeting the huge demand, but it is still a tremendous amount of work to put together a large sale. More quantity usually equals declines in quality, so I make what I can in the best quality I know how. However, with anything, high demand tends to put a premium on short supply once you've got it in your hands.

Flash sales are more difficult to enter, but there is a significantly smaller amount of keys. These are more fun for me, and a portion of the community enjoys them. Plus, it's something different to break up the monotony. Creatively, I tend to be all over the place, and often some of my best ideas and work happen at the last minute. Flash sales are an excellent outlet for some of my better ideas that I want to make small batches of.

Finally, Ebay sales are the most difficult because you're directly competing with other members of the community, but I have no say in the prices, as I start the bidding at $0. People are paying what they feel my work is worth outright. If the keys sell for $10, then that's what people feel they are worth. Generally these 1/1 keys/sets are of personal value to myself, and ones that I decided shouldn't be replicated because I wouldn't be able to do it the same again. I feel keys like these should be turned over to the community to decide their monetary value. Tears of Asteria is a colorway that is meant to reflect a specific time in my life. It is meant to show great conflict, sorrow, and specifically transformation. You can believe that and put a personal price on it, or you can believe that it's just a mediocre piece of plastic with a bunch of glittery garbage going on in it, fed to you through a straight line of bull****. I feel the same way when going to art galleries sometimes.

It can be easy to be upset that somebody is willing to pay a certain price for an item, which puts that item outside of your reach. When I was younger, I REALLY wanted an original Bob Ross painting. It meant something to me because the man inspired me so much as a kid and I wanted to have a piece of his work. However, the items were far outside my financial reach, even though he gave the damn things away for free. Why? Because he only made so many, and other people have more money than me. That upset me, but what could I do? Other people value those paintings as well. In the end, Ebay sales are just another way to make things more interesting, and give the community complete control over the pricing of a single piece of my work.

Regardless, I appreciate everyone's support even if you don't bid. You SHOULDN'T bid if you can't afford it. Hell I don't even care if you buy my keys at all, ever, I just appreciate the kind words and encouragement. That's what keeps me going. That and the cocaine.

Oh no doubt man, I don't think Bob Ross received any of his after-market sales? lol I don't know. To me, the limitability as well as well as the hand crafted nature of the caps is the appeal. Can't mass produce craftsmanship like that. Coming into the scene now, as opposed to earlier or later is interesting in that I might be witnessing a evolution is all. From what I can tell, flash sales were not the norm -still aren't- however ETF has been using them all summer to the chagrin or pleasure of some. As well as maybe the ebay sales, then there are more and more people coming into the artisan scene with varying quality.

As far as the Charizard comment goes, I mean it as such: booster packs were cheap, after-market prices were rough, but you could always trade for them. Being new, I don't have a lot of rare caps that from the looks of it an egg face would be a worth 141. Not a big deal. Noobies gonna noob.

Flash sales are interesting, having only participated in a couple I don't have a full opinion formed. I'm not even sure of your definition, in my mind I'm thinking of the sales that just post randomly, for short periods of time, and/or for small batches. My initial impression is "Meh", I can see the appeal to both the seller, and the person who has time to just watch the threads. However, I don't think that's particularly normal nor do I like the idea of camping threads and pressing refresh continuously. Overall, I think it just reminds of things I don't care to participate in for various reasons: standing in line for hours/days beforehand for a movie or electronic device, black Friday shopping, camping in FPS lol. I'm leaning toward the negative now, and one can say I might just be full of salt. I mean I won raffles; I just didn't care for the hindsight. Not my thing, I don't have to participate; I get it. Cheers to those that do.

Ebay is most likely the fairest option of all tbh, if we are still discussing fairness on all sides. Sounds like a pain in the ass though, if one were to list every single thing. I think the basic raffles remove the most amount of salt from the community, even though they seem very time consuming. I think we're all past the point of saying artisans are little glittered turds lol. To each their own, I can't really stand most abstract art and I don't see the value in them as much as others do. It's very rare that I find something in that genre appealing.
 --See that's what I mean though, (If that was an actual expression)you just expressed the thought you put into the cap/colorway beyond just making something that looks cool. That's art. And you've said you charge what you feel your work is worth, and as a consumer I'm cool with that as long as you're getting the piece of pie you want as the creator.

Oh I agree, don't buy stuff you can't afford lol. I don't think that not being able to afford something is a reasonable argument for being upset. And I'm talking about the .5-1k per cap range, that's extreme luxury for me. For me, even though the value is fiat based, it is still a representation of appreciation for me. The idea that someone likes your work so much that they are trading their time in fiat for your time in keycap form.

I think the argument for salt is that raffles are a financial equalizer for many. I can see the reasoning, I'm sure many old world master paintings would be in very different hands had they held raffles instead of outright price.

Cocaine's a helluva drug
https://geekhack.org/Smileys/solosmileys/llama.gif

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #2331 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 23:39:26 »
One modification to the current methods I've thought of is a lottery system. This method would have people purchase a ticket (likely a code) for the opportunity to win a cap. This enables the maker to have a lot more control and input on the market value for their work, and be compensated in kind. In particular, I thought of 4 ways:

1) the maker can set the price of tickets, creating an appropriate barrier to entry. At present, there is no clear deterrent for folks with a pure financial incentive to enter. Entering raffles is a free way to make a buck, because the only barrier to entry (purchasing the cap) is incurred when someone with such intentions is already assured a return on their investment. This also affords them the means to account for the maker's perceived value of an item.

2) the maker can also run promotions/giveaways for entries, meaning they can spread the love without just giving 1 individual with absolute means to pursue a financial incentive.

3) the maker can set the number of tickets available and or timeframe in which they are available, which would provide the sense of urgency and emotional investment that raffles currently enjoy. It's also complementary to setting the price. Alternatively, they can leave it open to the convenience of all, and receive additional compensation for doing so.

4) the maker can use a ticket system as a means to interact with the gray market and preserve the value of their caps. Makers could offer a "buy-back" option to individuals who no longer see a need for their cap, exchanging it for giveaway codes. Then such caps can either re-enter the market or be distributed at the maker's whim, grab bags, etc.

5)bonus reason::: the maker receives compensation roughly equal to market demand at point of sale. People truly get to vote with their wallets. If it's released that it's $1/entry with a max of 200 entries for a cap, and only 30 are sold, then the market has spoken. However, if all are purchased and people clamor for more, the maker made as much as they'd hoped, and frankly more than the average.

Even $50-60/cap is too steep for many, but $1-5 is a fairly easy pill to swallow, even if it ends up being $50-60 over time before one ends up winning.

Instead of putting the financial burden in the hands of 2 two people (the 1 person who buys it at "retail" when winning a raffle and the person who buys it at "market value"), the keycap maker could spread that cost across the entire playing field.

Some risks:
Administratively, it would be a lot of work. Not insurmountable, particularly with online POS platforms.

Dishonesty: obviously, the maker can just charge many people money only to fix the outcome, but there's already that risk in traditional raffles. Honor system and stuff.

The gray market can still intervene in two places: people can buy and sell codes for profit or trade, and the caps can still have a higher market value than sold. To the former point, I think people's sense of risk tolerance will be big factor, because buying an entry at 2x, 5x, 10x face "value" is much less appealing when it's not a sure thing. To the latter, that's admittedly out of the maker's hands at that point. However, by that time they should have received adequate compensation for their efforts. Also, if someone tries to corner the market by purchasing many/all tickets, the buyer and maker might as well have done an eBay auction.

Where this model succeeds  in my mind is in very limited batch runs (1-5 caps), not "wide releases" (10+). Mostly, because the marketplace isn't scaled to the point where it can bear the cost of having 10+ caps sold at an assumed retail of $50-60 (meaning 500-600 people would have to be willing to enter at $1).

Sorry for the very fragmented thoughts, I'm typing this on mobile during my 5 hour layover in Phoenix.  This very well could be helpful to no one, I don't care. I just want sleep.

Offline KlarKuo

« Reply #2332 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 00:33:03 »
Finally finished up my shirt. Completely done up in vectors of one color (white) so it's scalable and easy peasy to screenprint, and won't have any of the issues of having to expand a non-vectored image

Hope y'all enjoy!

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 August 2017, 10:05:19 by KlarKuo »

Offline oscdawg

« Reply #2333 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:33:42 »
Finally finished up my shirt. Completely done up in vectors of one color (white) so it's scalable and easy peasy to screenprint, and won't have any of the issues of having to expand a non-vectored image

Hope y'all enjoy!

Show Image

This is badass!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Nonster

• Lo-Ki Studios
« Reply #2334 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:34:50 »

Hope y'all enjoy!

Show Image

Definitely my favorite design so far. Great work!
More

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #2335 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 19:13:51 »

Tears of Asteria set

(Attachment Link)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162640731659?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

www.keyforge.com

Lost Package? Questions? Email Support:

support@keyforge.com

(Support Post)

congrats to both you and the winning bidder on that ebay sale!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2336 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 19:18:45 »

Tears of Asteria set

(Attachment Link)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162640731659?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

www.keyforge.com

Lost Package? Questions? Email Support:

support@keyforge.com

(Support Post)

congrats to both you and the winning bidder on that ebay sale!

Thank you to everyone for their support, even if you did not bid.

The keys were claimed by the top bidder and paid for immediately. The buyer wishes to remain anonymous at this time.

Offline inosint

« Reply #2337 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 21:16:50 »
My entry

« Last Edit: Thu, 24 August 2017, 21:18:44 by inosint »

Offline bunraku

« Reply #2338 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 08:45:18 »
Hope you like it  ;D

Offline FloFoer94

« Reply #2339 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 09:21:27 »
Hope you like it  ;D

Maybe one of these sculpts are next? ^^ Or something completely new. I don't care. For sure it will look amazing.

New sculpts:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80368.msg2416735#msg2416735

BUMPY

(Attachment Link)

SNAKEY (still working on name)
(Attachment Link)

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #2340 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 10:45:42 »
I've got my design idea, but I can't post until I get home from work. I'm assuming that entries close at midnight today KST (Keyforge Standard Time)...
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline slyce0flife

« Reply #2341 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 10:54:47 »
Here is my entry!

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 August 2017, 20:08:13 by slyce0flife »

Offline FloFoer94

« Reply #2342 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:23:09 »
My entry

Show Image

This print in high-res would be an awesome wallpaper!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2343 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:34:53 »
I've got my design idea, but I can't post until I get home from work. I'm assuming that entries close at midnight today KST (Keyforge Standard Time)...

Yeah I'll let people enter until midnight tonight MDT, and then no further entries will be permitted. Still need to figure out a good fair way to let people vote.

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #2344 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:36:05 »

Yeah I'll let people enter until midnight tonight MDT, and then no further entries will be permitted. Still need to figure out a good fair way to let people vote.

Straw poll with pictures of the design?

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #2345 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:47:29 »

But then you could vote like 600 times for your own design

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #2346 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:32:23 »

I honestly think that the only fair way to vote for this is that you (KF) will vote the winner, maybe even with the help of family/friends/etc... 

The "let people vote" thing imho is abusable and difficult to resolve: 

• The current entries should be around 22-23 and the amount of unique people voting for this would be let's say 100 max.  Even with 200-300 people voting, if someone will abuse voting for himself let's say 10 times, it would change the final verdict. 
  • Entering by mail is abusable.
  • Entering by IP should still be abusable (?)
  • Entering by community name (gh, reddit,...) adding restrictions, for example 2 months account, etc.. etc.. would still be abusable, you know people voting for a friend design for example. Or for example if i post my design somewhere, for example telegram groups, discord groups, other groups, my design could take free votes
  • Everything = abusable

In a nutshell what i think is that whatever vote-system you could think of, it could be exploitable somehow, i mean this was a contest with a nice prize, basically something that people who entered wants, people had to design something, some of these entries toke hours (i'm not fast in this, mine toke 4+ hours) so if people used their time to just have a chance to win, i'm pretty sure they could use much less time to just trick the vote.   Personally i would NOT do this but why you should trust me? When i say ''people'' i mean everyone who entered in this contest, included me, everyone could abuse the system somehow, even not directly.   

tl;dr KF + neutral friends/family to decide the winners is the only fair way imho  :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:36:46 by KaosJ »

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #2347 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:34:41 »

Google form with photos of each design (front/back if applicable), or maybe a entry form on the website with similar options to vote for.

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #2348 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:42:28 »

But then you could vote like 600 times for your own design

True, maybe you can set it to verified google accounts only? /shrug. I just see a lot of twitch people use it so I recommended it lol

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #2349 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:45:17 »

I honestly think that the only fair way to vote for this is that you (KF) will vote the winner, maybe even with the help of family/friends/etc... 

The "let people vote" thing imho is abusable and difficult to resolve: 

• The current entries should be around 22-23 and the amount of unique people voting for this would be let's say 100 max.  Even with 200-300 people voting, if someone will abuse voting for himself let's say 10 times, it would change the final verdict. 
  • Entering by mail is abusable.
  • Entering by IP should still be abusable (?)
  • Entering by community name (gh, reddit,...) adding restrictions, for example 2 months account, etc.. etc.. would still be abusable, you know people voting for a friend design for example. Or for example if i post my design somewhere, for example telegram groups, discord groups, other groups, my design could take free votes
  • Everything = abusable

In a nutshell what i think is that whatever vote-system you could think of, it could be exploitable somehow, i mean this was a contest with a nice prize, basically something that people who entered wants, people had to design something, some of these entries toke hours (i'm not fast in this, mine toke 4+ hours) so if people used their time to just have a chance to win, i'm pretty sure they could use much less time to just trick the vote.   Personally i would NOT do this but why you should trust me? When i say ''people'' i mean everyone who entered in this contest, included me, everyone could abuse the system somehow, even not directly.   

tl;dr KF + neutral friends/family to decide the winners is the only fair way imho  :D

I agree, I like this idea :)