Author Topic: KeyForge  (Read 2181982 times)

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
Re: KeyForge - FORGEMAS
« Reply #3450 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 12:56:45 »
Announcement

I realized yesterday how clunky and frustrating my current flash sale format experience through the website has been. A few people missed out on the opportunity to enter the sale due to browser caching, or the page not refreshing or displaying properly. Yet you all soldiered on, dealing with the ****ty-ass system and listening to me tell you to just keep refreshing.

Not. Anymore.

Now, when the countdown timer runs out, a button will magically appear on the page (no refreshing required). Simply click it to be taken to the familiar Entry Form page. At the top, I've placed a handy countdown that will show you how many seconds you have left to enter before the sale closes. Enter your info, hit submit, and that's it. Please note that once the countdown reaches 0, you will be booted back to the Forgemas page, regardless of where you are in your submission. Once the sale ends, the button will disappear and the page will no longer be accessible.

I'm hoping this will take some of the frustration and anxiety out of the experience for you, and for me. It might just seem like I added a stupid button and a timer, but there's a good amount going on behind the scenes to make it all work together smoothly.

If anybody has any feedback about the new process, please let me know. I will be updating the Rules section of the page and making minor tweaks to it today. It may go down at times, so no worries. If you see any issues, please let me know as well. Thanks everyone!

ty homie :)
Cheers and hopefully we're all winners :^)

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #3451 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 13:00:00 »
I dunno, I kinda liked the ****ty website for ****ty raffles of ****ty caps ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #3452 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 13:00:31 »
Announcement

I realized yesterday how clunky and frustrating my current flash sale format experience through the website has been. A few people missed out on the opportunity to enter the sale due to browser caching, or the page not refreshing or displaying properly. Yet you all soldiered on, dealing with the ****ty-ass system and listening to me tell you to just keep refreshing.

Not. Anymore.

Now, when the countdown timer runs out, a button will magically appear on the page (no refreshing required). Simply click it to be taken to the familiar Entry Form page. At the top, I've placed a handy countdown that will show you how many seconds you have left to enter before the sale closes. Enter your info, hit submit, and that's it. Please note that once the countdown reaches 0, you will be booted back to the Forgemas page, regardless of where you are in your submission. Once the sale ends, the button will disappear and the page will no longer be accessible.

I'm hoping this will take some of the frustration and anxiety out of the experience for you, and for me. It might just seem like I added a stupid button and a timer, but there's a good amount going on behind the scenes to make it all work together smoothly.

If anybody has any feedback about the new process, please let me know. I will be updating the Rules section of the page and making minor tweaks to it today. It may go down at times, so no worries. If you see any issues, please let me know as well. Thanks everyone!

That's awesome! I know I missed out yesterday because of the page 404-ing. Super ready for the next sale! Got an alarm set.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #3453 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 13:01:34 »
Announcement

Not. Anymore.

That's awesome! I know I missed out yesterday because of the page 404-ing. Super ready for the next sale! Got an alarm set.

Sorry about that. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any feedback or if you have any issues.

Offline Qu4troQu4tro

« Reply #3454 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 13:02:20 »
Announcement

Not. Anymore.

Sorry about that. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any feedback or if you have any issues.
Helpful Potato :^)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #3455 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 14:08:23 »
Announcement

Not. Anymore.

Nice! I always had to open Chrome in Incognito mode to make it work, good potato! 

Offline LDobler

« Reply #3456 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 05:05:14 »
Are planning to do sales a bit earlier? Currently they are at 1am GMT+1...
I think EU people would appreciate that :)

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #3457 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 05:14:22 »

Yeah I’ll definitely hold the next one earlier to give you guys a break!

Offline LDobler

« Reply #3458 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 05:18:01 »

Awesome!

Thanks for doing these sales my dude :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #3459 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 05:45:34 »

That would be awesome if it will not ruin your daily schedule!  The current sale is at 2am for me so this turns in going to sleep at 3am every 2 days  :'( 

Thanks papa

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #3460 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 05:47:52 »

Really appreciate it! Not that it would.change anything since I've been quite unsuccessful as of now, but definitely appreciate it <3

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #3461 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 06:26:21 »
That will be nice. Last time I could not get in due to this error. Hopefully this will give me and others a better chance next round.

Offline gunchi

« Reply #3462 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 07:26:14 »
Just wondering what time the raffle will run tomorrow, as you said it would be held earlier but the countdown time is set for 12:00 PM (AEDT) or 2:00 AM (GMT +1), which is after the normal time. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #3463 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 07:49:01 »
Improvements to the site are very welcome. I couldn't enter the first day of forgemas on my phone due to the caching issues

Just wondering what time the raffle will run tomorrow, as you said it would be held earlier but the countdown time is set for 12:00 PM (AEDT) or 2:00 AM (GMT +1), which is after the normal time. Thanks.

I think he means the sale after this current one will.be held at an earlier time.
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #3464 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 08:20:53 »
Improvements to the site are very welcome. I couldn't enter the first day of forgemas on my phone due to the caching issues

I think he means the sale after this current one will.be held at an earlier time.

Most def. what I understood as well. The timer still points out to a 1 am GMT+1 sale time, so the same as usual :)

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #3465 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 14:14:04 »

Megathanks for that one! :)

Offline gunchi

« Reply #3466 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 15:10:35 »

Most def. what I understood as well. The timer still points out to a 1 am GMT+1 sale time, so the same as usual :)
Oh, now I understand. Thanks for clarifying the times!

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #3467 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 15:26:21 »
Haven't entered a KeyForge sale since the first- Saber! I've got an alarm set today, I've missed too many chances at these awesome sculpts and colorways!! GL everyone ^-^

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #3468 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:12:33 »
I got in on the raffle part this past round. No invoice. No win. Hoping tonight is a semi translucent or has some attribute for rgb effect. Loved the blue orochi.
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #3469 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:22:12 »
I got in on the raffle part this past round. No invoice. No win. Hoping tonight is a semi translucent or has some attribute for rgb effect. Loved the blue orochi.

The key tonight is semi-translucent :D

Offline orcanilink

KeyForge - FORGEMAS
« Reply #3470 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:24:04 »

Don't be so disappointed, i've entered countless times and still no win. Hoping to grab something from these twelve days tho.

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #3471 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:36:05 »

The key tonight is semi-translucent :D

Staring at the timer! Can't wait to see the semi-translucent keycap.

« Reply #3472 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:00:29 »
Not working...

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #3473 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:01:13 »
No button, form closed :(

« Reply #3474 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:01:44 »
The button disappeared at the end of the timer lol

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #3475 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:01:50 »
Crossing my fingers and toes

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #3476 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:00 »
Lelz, I missed it watching Ace Ventura ;-;

Offline Coopdizzl3

« Reply #3477 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:04 »
Worked for me, Waited til timer ran out then clicked enter form. Filled it out and submitted no problems!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Offline aquafreshfan

« Reply #3478 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:09 »
I was watching the timer and got a button, but when I went back to the sale page (definitely still within a minute) it said closed

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Revo RJ  |  Mira SE  |  Noxary 268  |  Red Scarf II+ Ver.c

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #3479 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:13 »
Did anyone get to enter? I hit the button at zero and it gave me "NEXT SALE
THE ORDER FORM HAS CLOSED AND INVOICES WILL BEGIN GOING OUT IN THE NEXT 10-15 MINUTES. THANKS FOR SUPPORTING MY WORK!
"

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #3480 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:29 »
Wtf?!

Offline gunchi

« Reply #3481 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:43 »
It worked for me and I entered...

Offline Kick

• Fuego
« Reply #3482 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:43 »
Weird, right when the button appeared, I clicked it and it took me to a 404 error. I refreshed and it said form was closed...

Edit: Sigh, there's no way entries filled up before I clicked the button. Have been waiting on the site 5 mins before it hit zero and clicked on the Enter button right when it appeared...
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:04:48 by Kick »

Offline pshofosho

« Reply #3483 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:48 »
That cap is/was fire!

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #3484 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:02:57 »
THE ORDER FORM HAS CLOSED AND INVOICES WILL BEGIN GOING OUT IN THE NEXT 10-15 MINUTES. THANKS FOR SUPPORTING MY WORK!
"
Same here, so confused

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #3485 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:03:11 »
404 error here :(

Offline MagicSauce

« Reply #3486 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:03:31 »
I clicked the button but there was nothing on the entry form page...

« Reply #3487 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:03:38 »
So the button showed up an I refreshed it an the button disappeared lol.. wasn't late... button failed as it just said the sale was over

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #3488 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:03:39 »
I smell some ****ery going on with this one...

Offline greywinthrop

« Reply #3489 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:03:55 »
Sat watching the timer, got to the entry page and there was an error message, and then when I refreshed, it was over.

Welp.  Maybe someday.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #3490 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:04:03 »
I refreshed my screen after timer ran down because it went negative time with no button.  After page refreshed it just said form was closed.  Never saw a button.  This was on my iPhone.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #3491 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:04:13 »
Didn't work for me either, worked for me on last one.

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #3492 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:04:31 »
"
Same here, so confused

Same here...on a desktop with gigabit internet speed = /

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #3493 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:04:38 »
Damn, the page fault happens again !Missed sales again
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #3494 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:05:09 »
Wtf just happened? It went from countdown to sale closed

Offline Crushader

« Reply #3495 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:05:21 »
Didn't work here either, refreshed the page when it hit zero and then it just says its already over...

Offline Bi0

« Reply #3496 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:05:47 »
I got in, but a friend was saying the refreshed right as it ended and couldn't enter. 

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #3497 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:05:53 »
Worked fine for me...

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #3498 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:06:31 »
Worked fine for me...

Same here! GL guys!

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #3499 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 19:06:33 »
You were not suppose to refresh. The button appeared automatically when the count down ended. Refreshing might have screwed it up