Author Topic: Originative: Vendor Review  (Read 814296 times)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Originative: Vendor Review
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 20:16:15 »
Tempted to pick up a cyrillic set. Got my rgb but you just never know.

I was lucky enough to get mine, but he's starting to get extra sketchy again.

This is just all part of his master plan.  I was lucky enough to get what I ordered but I probably wouldn't order anything again given recent complaints.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:02:06 »
So what's the next step of his master plan?

Offline shawn o

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 09:09:38 »
Just placed my order for a Dolch base set. Based on the 8-12 week timeframe starting July 10th, he should have them soon? If not, plenty of time for me to file a chargeback with my CC company if the set end up not coming.

Should be no issue with ordering from any site. Just don't be an idiot and wait months and months before complaining to your CC company for non-receipt of goods. Chargeback window is 60-120 days max. After that you are SOL.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 November 2014, 09:11:15 by shawn o »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 22:42:27 »
So what's the next step of his master plan?

I wish I knew, Sir Blue.  I wish I knew. :(

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 18:23:23 »
Glad I found this thread before ordering from Originative. Definitely going to be avoiding that site. Super sketchy. Sheraton was responding to emails for a bit today though but my initial one was like a week ago.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 15:41:39 »
I've emailed sherryton a few times asking about the when GMK Dolch set will ship and each time I get a later estimate  :rolleyes:

I was assured that they'd receive the sets and begin shipping, and that the GMK Esc Pack would be up for sale the first week of November, but that's obviously not the case...

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 19:10:13 »
I am sad to see that Originative appears to be having some troubles. Some time ago, I had some excellent interactions with them, and I bought one of my nicest keycap sets -- the Olivetti classic beige with blue legends, a really beautiful set.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 19:26:52 »
I am sad to see that Originative appears to be having some troubles. Some time ago, I had some excellent interactions with them, and I bought one of my nicest keycap sets -- the Olivetti classic beige with blue legends, a really beautiful set.

Yeah, I got all my GMK sets from there.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #158 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 18:26:51 »
Originative's cyber monday update said "Dolch is ready in a week." Still no sign of Dolch on my end (order is still marked "unfulfilled"); looks like it'll be next year before it shows up. I'll be happy to get my hands on it period. :/

Offline frostylove

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 20:59:24 »
Same situation, mailed several times and no response at all.
Will never order anything from this site only hope to get my sanctuary set before Feb
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 21:09:36 »
Any of you who are owed stuff actually called the phone number to see if they answer?

Offline renne

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 20:09:37 »
same. emailed several times and received nothing.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 20:11:03 »
I think he is taking an extended vacation again, Christmas through the new year.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 20:12:29 »
I propose we all stop buying from him.

If people keep giving him money regardless of whether he ships or not he is going to keep scamming everyone.

Offline renne

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 20:12:49 »
I think he is taking an extended vacation again, Christmas through the new year.
Hope your assumption is real, so that we can get some information after the new year.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 20:29:02 »
I propose we all stop buying from him.

If people keep giving him money regardless of whether he ships or not he is going to keep scamming everyone.
People never learn.

There are still unfulfilled orders from a year ago.

I have tried to tell anyone that would listen, this is Sheraton's MO, he fulfills enough orders to make people think he is doing better then disappears for months at a time and there are always people who get burnt.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 23:21:46 »
A whole year passed? damn..
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 23:28:18 »
Meant he is probably taking the whole month off because of christmas and new years.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 23:38:24 »
Meant he is probably taking the whole month off because of christmas and new years.

Then a few more because of **** you.

At least that's the way he seems to operate to me.

Offline frostylove

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 23:53:52 »
WARNING: Anyone who's reading this thread, please STOP considering any deal with Originative. Just follow it and don't ask why.
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 00:47:45 »
I planned on buying Cryllic from there, but since Originitive has such a bad rep, now I don't know where I could find a set for incase I pick one up in the future.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 02:28:34 »

Didn't he dissapeared the same way last year around the holidays, or was it some random time of the year?
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 05:10:19 »
Contact your CC company. Dispute the charge and they will immediately refund you. Time limit for a chargeback ranges between 120-180 days.

Offline Danboard

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 15:39:40 »
I just did a charge back for the Dolch set, since I'm close to my 120 day mark just to be safe. If he actually comes around and delivers I'll just reorder if I have to.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 15:49:31 »
Somewhat off topic, but has anyone here bought anything from IMSTO during the past three months or so? I placed an order for 2 sets of keycaps on November 9, and I still have not received them. I have made email inquiries, and each time I got a brief message saying, "waiting for process". However, more recently, there was a GB for IMSTO keycaps on Massdrop, so perhaps everything is okay.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 15:51:30 »
Somewhat off topic, but has anyone here bought anything from IMSTO during the past three months or so? I placed an order for 2 sets of keycaps on November 9, and I still have not received them. I have made email inquiries, and each time I got a brief message saying, "waiting for process". However, more recently, there was a GB for IMSTO keycaps on Massdrop, so perhaps everything is okay.

IMSTO has mentioned on Chinese forums that he's having some issues, but nothing more than that

as far as i know, something in his production line broke but it should be fixed now

just keep bugging him, he can be slow sometimes, especially since shipping from china takes like a month
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline renne

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 15:59:07 »
IMSTO is not a scammer. Don't worry too much about your order. you will get it after he solves his issues.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:08:05 »
Many thanks for the encouraging comments about IMSTO!

Offline shawn o

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 22:55:15 »
Pre-order for Dolch started July 10th. Expected wait was 8-12 weeks. Now at the 23 week mark and not a peep.

Dolch Group Buy here was submitted to GMK July 17th and they caps were delivered to the USA by September 22nd.

Offline renne

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 00:16:25 »
what does this mean?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 00:31:26 »
what does this mean?
(Attachment Link)

Sheraton does this when he gets behind and takes a 'vacation' to help himself relax.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 00:46:23 »
what does this mean?
(Attachment Link)

Being cynical, one might say that it means that the shop will never open seeing as how it seems that some orders will never be shipped.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 00:52:49 »
what does this mean?
(Attachment Link)

Being cynical, one might say that it means that the shop will never open seeing as how it seems that some orders will never be shipped.

Part of me hopes that's the truth.  Too many people have been ****ed over by sherry.

Offline Johan

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 04:54:59 »
He ****ed off again? That's lovely.
Uh, stuff.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 06:04:51 »
Jesus Christ people, stop buying off him. You've been warned so many damn times.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 19:52:59 »
Jesus Christ people, stop buying off him. You've been warned so many damn times.

All the ones sending Sherry money are absolute NOOBS that is why he keeps making profit of people like that.  He sure as hell can't push his dodgey services upon the experienced here on Geekhack because we have all seen the way he operates, never changes his way.

The NOOBS are extra ripe pickings because they just joined here hence have no idea what this place is about.  First off always trust the old timers like Imsto, BunnyLake, JDCarpe, Codyeatworld and Margo Baggins since they have run multiple Group Buys and have delivered on all of them.  Have never personally LOST any money with these guys whilst sometimes the keys take a little longer in delivery, it will all arrive to your front door with no pathetic excuses like Sherry is so well known for.

There is a reason why his company (services) got the boot off this forum hence for all the noobs here go and read up about it, instead of relying on us oldies to keep re-writing the same old script concerning Sherry's dodgey practices.

Offline braydencrown

• Best Online Selling and Shopping Portail in India - Bolbole.com
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 02:44:57 »
Good to know about this discussion.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #187 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 09:33:16 »
Hey guys, sorry for the necro post.

Just wanted to give a heads up that I just received the Dolch and CMYW mod sets that I ordered on 08/28/2014.

I didn't hear anything about it since I pre-ordered. I sent an email to sheraton@originativeco.com a few weeks ago and he replied with a tracking number.

I will not use Originative ever again, but I want to give some hope to the people still waiting on products.

More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 09:42:06 »
Did anyone ever receive any of the black Friday sets? Not sure what all was actually produced.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 09:44:46 »
Did anyone ever receive any of the black Friday sets? Not sure what all was actually produced.

I never saw any posts indicating that anyone had received anything from that.

Offline Johan

« Reply #190 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 09:47:02 »
I got a giftcard from my blackfriday order, haven't used it yet.
Uh, stuff.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 08:02:37 »

Just wanted to give a heads up that I just received the Dolch and CMYW mod sets that I ordered on 08/28/2014.

I didn't hear anything about it since I pre-ordered. I sent an email to sheraton@originativeco.com a few weeks ago and he replied with a tracking number.

I will not use Originative ever again, but I want to give some hope to the people still waiting on products.

More
Show Image

OMG! almost A YEAR...  :eek:

added this vendor to my don't-place-an-order-for-anything list.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline deci

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 15:55:57 »

More
Show Image

Hey Rewind

Thanks so much for posting this.
I also had a pre-order from back in August that I had pretty much given up hope on, but after seeing your post, I messaged him on that email you linked.
Sure enough he responded back within 30 minutes and shipped it out the same day.

That was on Friday, and I had my full GMK dolch set in my hands on Monday.
*This set looks amazing by the way, as it has the text mods instead of the icon mods from the group buy (the icons look really nice as well, I just prefer the classic look).

So anyone else that has a Dolch order from Sherry should try to hit him up before he vanishes again.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:01:13 »

More
Show Image

Hey Rewind

Thanks so much for posting this.
I also had a pre-order from back in August that I had pretty much given up hope on, but after seeing your post, I messaged him on that email you linked.
Sure enough he responded back within 30 minutes and shipped it out the same day.

That was on Friday, and I had my full GMK dolch set in my hands on Monday.
*This set looks amazing by the way, as it has the text mods instead of the icon mods from the group buy (the icons look really nice as well, I just prefer the classic look).

So anyone else that has a Dolch order from Sherry should try to hit him up before he vanishes again.
You're welcome! I'm happy to hear he also shipped your set. So weird that he only ships after requesting it...  :mad:

Anyways, the set is amazing. Perfect Dolch. Text mods, Scooped F&J without nipples, Sideprinted Prt Sc and Pause keys. Love it! :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 19:53:31 »
Fwiw epzy ordered a Russian set to be delivered to me and I got it next day. Granted I could have gone to pick it up but epzy is a douche and doesn't deserve pick up service.

I H8 YOU EPC
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:15:05 »
Like every order. I have received Dolch. I think we can believe sheraton.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:26:44 »
I finally got a response from sherry over an order he says he issued a refund for but it has yet to show up on my credit card a week later.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:28:37 by SpAmRaY »

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 01:11:40 »
I finally got a response from sherry over an order he says he issued a refund for but it has yet to show up on my credit card a week later.
Good signal, ray.

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 01:23:01 »
Hmmm... I just ordered a Cyrillic set from him last week and it arrived at my door within 2 days.
I actually live very close to him, about 50miles so I guess I could've just went and pick it up  :)
Either way, if you plan on purchasing anything at all I suggest emailing him first to check. I know that last month when I emailed him, he actually told me not to place any order yet because it was out of stock even though it says otherwise on his website. Just email him first, I think he might actually be back, I can't say for sure. Or... I might have just been VERY lucky
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 01:25:02 »
With Sherry, it's always luck.