Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1705596 times)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)
« Reply #1950 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 13:43:41 »
personally I'm against round 2s.

the set should be one of a kind limited edition :)

I will definitely work on new group buys, but in different colors/materials.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1951 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 14:02:53 »

Artists don't repeat themselves!  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1952 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 17:18:12 »

I agree... And, I'm excited to see what you come up with next! =D

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #1953 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 00:46:44 »
Anyone have an extra 7x spacebar? T_T

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #1954 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:47:52 »

Personally, I'd love a set with black background, white foreground. If I could still get the brown set, I'd want all browns anyway. I like monochrome schemes.

Offline Rendom

Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #1955 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 09:30:14 »
Having the same problem as this with my Phantom, and my Ducky. Anyone know how can I fix it? Do I really have to deassemble it? (0% soldering skills.)

I do not own a Ducky, but I have the same problem with my poker (beast plate + plate mounted cherry stabs).

The DSA spacebar fits in the stabilizers correctly and everything seems fine but it doesn't go up easily. If I press hard the spacebar can stay stuck at the lower position. I believe there some friction on the stabs that makes harder the spacebar to go up.

There is no problem like that with DCS spacebars from SP I have.

This is a bit off this thread's topic but I had the same problem as you and figured I'd chime in.

If you are installing a plate with cherry stabilizers you need to make sure the space bar stabilizer wire looks like this with a flat wire. And not like this with a curve in the center. It may depend on the height of curve but in my case it grinded against the plate and prevented the space bar from moving smoothly.

I figured this out too late and ended up having to pull the cherry stabilizers out of the already installed plate which ended up damaging the stabilizers.

Thanks but the wire I have is flat. I'm using a DCS spacebar without any problem.

If it's possible I wouldn't mind using a DCS retro spacebar if there is some available...
QFR - MX Blue

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1956 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 09:35:31 »
^^ I couldn't use DSA space bar on my ducky, it fit but wouldn't go up and down properly.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #1957 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 09:37:16 »
what difference feel DSA than DCS OEM
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline Rendom

« Reply #1958 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 12:56:44 »
^^ I couldn't use DSA space bar on my ducky, it fit but wouldn't go up and down properly.

That's my problem too, it won't even go up for me as soon as I press it down. lol
QFR - MX Blue

Offline oldskulrulz

« Reply #1959 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 13:29:40 »
Try out a good old C64 :thumb:

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1960 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 02:11:21 »
would anybody be interested in DSA Retro but in SA fragrance?
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2013, 03:22:13 by Matt3o »

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #1961 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 02:20:04 »
Does anybody would be interested in DSA Retro but in SA fragrance?

OMYES

Offline pasph

« Reply #1962 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 10:10:58 »
Yes
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1963 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 12:05:57 »
yes

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1964 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 14:14:20 »

Don't tease us :eek:

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #1965 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 18:47:55 »

Sure, go for it.

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #1966 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 20:57:57 »
Any known fixes for this? I just bought a set and the spacrbar is usable - just feels like crap...

Having the same problem as this with my Phantom, and my Ducky. Anyone know how can I fix it? Do I really have to deassemble it? (0% soldering skills.)

I do not own a Ducky, but I have the same problem with my poker (beast plate + plate mounted cherry stabs).

The DSA spacebar fits in the stabilizers correctly and everything seems fine but it doesn't go up easily. If I press hard the spacebar can stay stuck at the lower position. I believe there some friction on the stabs that makes harder the spacebar to go up.

There is no problem like that with DCS spacebars from SP I have.

This is a bit off this thread's topic but I had the same problem as you and figured I'd chime in.

If you are installing a plate with cherry stabilizers you need to make sure the space bar stabilizer wire looks like this with a flat wire. And not like this with a curve in the center. It may depend on the height of curve but in my case it grinded against the plate and prevented the space bar from moving smoothly.

I figured this out too late and ended up having to pull the cherry stabilizers out of the already installed plate which ended up damaging the stabilizers.

Thanks but the wire I have is flat. I'm using a DCS spacebar without any problem.

If it's possible I wouldn't mind using a DCS retro spacebar if there is some available...

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1967 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 23:13:44 »
Any known fixes for this? I just bought a set and the spacrbar is usable - just feels like crap...

Is your space bar warped at all?  If you put it on a flat surface, does it lie completely flat?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #1968 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 05:05:29 »

Is your space bar warped at all?  If you put it on a flat surface, does it lie completely flat?

That's a really good question. I'm away from home a week or so, but I'll check when I get back. If it is, is there an easy way to bend it back?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1969 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 19:02:57 »

That's a really good question. I'm away from home a week or so, but I'll check when I get back. If it is, is there an easy way to bend it back?

The two generally accepted methods are to heat it with a hair dryer or immerse it in hot water.

Then place it on a completely flat surface with something heavy (but not TOO heavy!) on top until it cools.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #1970 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 09:07:32 »

The two generally accepted methods are to heat it with a hair dryer or immerse it in hot water.

Then place it on a completely flat surface with something heavy (but not TOO heavy!) on top until it cools.

I'll give it a shot when I get home and report back!

Offline mapple

« Reply #1971 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 08:05:03 »
hey guys two questions :
1) anyone have them on white backlight? i would very much appreciate some pictures.
2) any1 in europe wanna resell them?
In God We Trust

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1972 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 08:11:52 »
I would really like them on amber backlight actually :)

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #1973 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 10:28:52 »
I would really like them on amber backlight actually :)

Hear hear! Darkish gold case with amber LEDs. When GON's NeRD 108 boards are ready I think that's what I'll be doing with one.

Offline CrapTypist

• http://www.georgecochrane
« Reply #1974 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 14:59:54 »

YUSSSS

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1975 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 15:03:19 »
In my experience they do a good job of blocking LED light, so any backlights are only going to show along the edges.

Offline mapple

« Reply #1976 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 17:46:57 »
In my experience they do a good job of blocking LED light, so any backlights are only going to show along the edges.

ok that would be enough. now your experience is based on having ones or just seeing? where i'm going with it is another question. Does anyone who bought that retro set have put them on backlight cause letters/digits are white do they glow?
In God We Trust

Offline usopia

« Reply #1977 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 00:25:13 »
no, the LEDs do not shine through. I've tested it with red and blue lighting. It's like metalliqaz said before.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1978 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 15:29:00 »

ok that would be enough. now your experience is based on having ones or just seeing? where i'm going with it is another question. Does anyone who bought that retro set have put them on backlight cause letters/digits are white do they glow?

I own them and they are installed on my backlit qazpad... as shown in my avatar...

The white letters don't glow at all.  Remember they are all center printed, so the letters are over the stem.

Offline skuphundaku

« Reply #1979 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 12:00:23 »
YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Offline mapple

« Reply #1980 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 02:30:13 »

I own them and they are installed on my backlit qazpad... as shown in my avatar...

The white letters don't glow at all.  Remember they are all center printed, so the letters are over the stem.

k, based on that info i did ordered dsa white pbt from keycaps direct  hopefully those ones will pass some light i'll upload a photo as soon they'll arrive.
In God We Trust

Offline sean4star

« Reply #1981 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 00:06:35 »
Does anyone have a spare 6.2u dsa profile spacebar?

I picked up a set from the classified section, kit 1 and 3 with a spacebar, but the spacebar was the dcs profile and I don't like it as well.

I'm also looking for a kit 4, the number pad. Anyone willing to sell?

Offline kaltar

« Reply #1982 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 00:25:46 »

Artists don't repeat themselves!  :thumb:

Are you kidding? Artists DO repeat themselves all the time. That's how they are known for a "style".

Heck, even JS Bach repeated the same melodies multiple times in different works!

I'm all in for a new round!

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1983 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 11:34:58 »

I picked up a set from the classified section, kit 1 and 3 with a spacebar, but the spacebar was the dcs profile and I don't like it as well.

Bear in mind the 6.2u DSA spacebar mounting points were not universal hence why a universal 6.2u DCS was offered. Measure how far yours are from the center stem - if they are 50mm you're good to go. Would hate to see you track one down only to find it didn't fit!

[)amien

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1984 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 20:40:23 »
I might have a spacebar. Where in the world are you?

- Ron I samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1985 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:03:36 »

Bear in mind the 6.2u DSA spacebar mounting points were not universal hence why a universal 6.2u DCS was offered. Measure how far yours are from the center stem - if they are 50mm you're good to go. Would hate to see you track one down only to find it didn't fit!

[)amien

Yeah, this. I have a DSA spacebar and it doesn't actuate or mount properly on my Ducky fullsize keyboard, so I switched to DCS (of the proper color) and have no problems with the set.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1986 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:10:06 »

[)amien

Yeah, this. I have a DSA spacebar and it doesn't actuate or mount properly on my Ducky fullsize keyboard, so I switched to DCS (of the proper color) and have no problems with the set.

Had the same problem!

Offline sean4star

« Reply #1987 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:19:56 »
Right now I have the caps on a Poker II.  Looks like the spacebar uses the center mount with the stabilizers on the far ends.  I just measure these at 50mm from the center.  So I think I should be good.  Thanks for the help!

Ron, I sent you a PM.

Offline sean4star

« Reply #1988 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 10:15:29 »
Thanks Ron, for the spacebar!  The mount spacing fits my Poker 2 perfectly.

I'm still looking for the kit 4 number pad if anyone has one for sale.

Offline typedd

« Reply #1989 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 06:25:53 »
Will this Group Buy be happening again? Can't find anything similar anywhere!!!

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #1990 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 10:24:55 »
Typedd, I don't think they'll do another retro.

I am in the very, very early stages of trying to figure out a group buy for a similar set. Black DSA with white legend.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1991 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:17:10 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Based on the popularity and the number of requests for a round 2, it is possible that this might happen again at some stage.

But AFAIK no-one is planning anything at the moment.

Offline kektr0city

« Reply #1992 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:36:44 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Based on the popularity and the number of requests for a round 2, it is possible that this might happen again at some stage.

But AFAIK no-one is planning anything at the moment.

If a round 2 were to happen, it would likely happen via the SP GB website.  They currently have the set up as an expired GB.

http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/dsa-retro-set/

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1993 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:22:29 »
the set was meant to be a "limited edition".

I might run an SA (instead of DSA) round 2 though.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1994 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:35:49 »

Offline Hofy

• Voids Warranties
« Reply #1995 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:34:00 »

You tease.
Poker II Cherry MX Blue
Filco TenKeyless Zero Fukka
Cherry ML4100
IBM Model M 1391401 Buckle Spring Luvin

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1996 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 02:51:55 »

I would get in on that :) (if it's the full sculpted profile, not just row 3 for everything).
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1997 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 05:04:55 »

SA would be even more like the C64 keycaps.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #1998 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 06:00:12 »
The more i'm watching those past GB's that included the DSA family, the more I'm telling myself that I can't miss the next one.
Beautiful sets. How different does DSA feel from the ordinary DCS family?
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #1999 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:27:58 »
The more i'm watching those past GB's that included the DSA family, the more I'm telling myself that I can't miss the next one.
Beautiful sets. How different does DSA feel from the ordinary DCS family?

DSA is a uniform profile whereas DCS, OEM, and Cherry profile are sculpted. In other words, if you took a DCS set and wanted to switch to some other layout like Dvorak or Coleman your keys would feel all wonky because the E key is designed for the top alpha row. With DSA that's not an issue because the profile on every key is "flat". In my experience it works really well on clicky and tactile switches but I'm not sure how I like it on linear switches. I also think it feels better on on keyboards that have relatively shallow typing angles from the bottom row to the top and looks amazing on boards where the top of the case is the switch plate like this one.