Author Topic: Regarding GMK Classic Beige GB - UPDATE 27/07/15  (Read 111535 times)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: Regarding GMK Classic Beige GB
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:33:18 »
I'm just trying to get it worked out so that US orders won't have to pay 19% VAT at the moment.

After that, it'll be ready to go. But the question is.. Wait for TA or just go anyway?

IMO - wait.  For example I was one of the people who paid in the final days of Hyperfuse, now i'm trying to figure out a way to get in on TA as well. If this came along in the next couple of weeks I probably wouldn't be able to do both.
Yeah, I agree. #wallethack will be real until mid summer

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:37:03 »
I'm just trying to get it worked out so that US orders won't have to pay 19% VAT at the moment.

After that, it'll be ready to go. But the question is.. Wait for TA or just go anyway?

I would be fine with it starting now.  However I can see how a lot of people would prefer to wait.

I've been waiting for a GMK classic beige GB for a long time, and have the funds ready atm.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:46:40 »

I would be fine with it starting now.  However I can see how a lot of people would prefer to wait.

I've been waiting for a GMK classic beige GB for a long time, and have the funds ready atm.
I think we should wait until after TA, only because we don't want to potentially mess up any of his orders.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:50:56 »

I think we should wait until after TA, only because we don't want to potentially mess up any of his orders.

I agree. Keeping GMK buys spaced out so that they aren't running parallel is so important to ensuring each one hits MOQ. I'm a huge fan of classic beige and I would love to have it as soon as possible, but the risk of too many potential buyers being splintered between GMK GBs is something that needs to be considered.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:53:17 »

I agree. Keeping GMK buys spaced out so that they aren't running parallel is so important to ensuring each one hits MOQ. I'm a huge fan of classic beige and I would love to have it as soon as possible, but the risk of too many potential buyers being splintered between GMK GBs is something that needs to be considered.
Yep, I can muster up the pay usually when there is one going on, but if there is more than one going on, I wouldn't be able to get one, and I have learned from the past saying that I can always get it in the future is a huge mistake, so if I want it, I usually get it so I won't regret it, and Classic Beige would be awful to miss, too iconic and like the title says, a classic.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:54:43 »
If you choose to wait before starting this buy you should at least set an estimated start date so people can start saving and also to reserve your place in the unofficial GMK GB queue.

I am personally very excited for this!  I've already refrained from another GMK buy in favor of this one :)

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 00:28:42 »
yeah,  i agree with waiting for a period. for example, i have bought two sets of hyper fuse , and then join in for two sets of TA.
next, i absolutely join in the blue MOD...if classic beige start right now, i couldn,t afford even one set....but , i look forword to this set for nearly one year, what a pity and regret i will miss this one!!!!

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 00:54:02 »
as you know, i have bought obvelli and red alert already. I also wanna buy this classic beige two sets , one for use, the other one for backup...but i could't afford even one set. After one or two months , i could save money for this set.

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 05:33:47 »
Has this set been done before with gmk? Does it exist?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 05:58:27 »
Has this set been done before with gmk? Does it exist?

classic beige was once been made by GMK under the GB of Sherryton of Originative, but it has less layout supported than this new one and the color is not as good
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:10:33 »
yeah,  i agree with waiting for a period. for example, i have bought two sets of hyper fuse , and then join in for two sets of TA.
next, i absolutely join in the blue MOD...if classic beige start right now, i couldn,t afford even one set....but , i look forword to this set for nearly one year, what a pity and regret i will miss this one!!!!
as you know, i have bought obvelli and red alert already. I also wanna buy this classic beige two sets , one for use, the other one for backup...but i could't afford even one set. After one or two months , i could save money for this set.
Damn, going all out with the sets :cool:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:14:32 »
The windowed keys, the stepped ones - including the control one - , and the two \| keys with different profiles make this set unique.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:16:03 »
Is it really out of question to add  the "1u numpad 0" to the extra set?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline vindaon

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 13:25:29 »
I agree with waiting too. After Hyperfuse and TA the wallet needs a lil time to recover.

I like how this set is more "professional" looking and less flashy than the others, so I would definitely be down for joining.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 14:51:31 »
I agree with waiting too. After Hyperfuse and TA the wallet needs a lil time to recover.

I like how this set is more "professional" looking and less flashy than the others, so I would definitely be down for joining.

+1 This is THE professional set to get. I just hope it would not cost an arm and a leg.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 16:53:36 »
Cannot wait for this one!

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 15:42:03 »
TA
Hyperfuse
Feng's Teal Set
Blue Mods
CMYW

One more gmk set can't hurt...

TAKE MY MONIES!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 15:59:49 »

Hey Photekq!

Any news on the launch of this GB? TA will end today, so I guess you should take the next "GMK slot"  :thumb:

Sure, Billnye's Blue Mod Pack has launched as well, but Ivan is already doing an IC for his GMK Miami Nights Set. There is never a perfect window for a GB as there will always be something people just spent a fortune on - it's called Wallethack for a reason.

I say "Do it!"  :p

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 16:01:23 »
I can't wait too. My money's kept aside for this gb now.  ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 20:14:03 »
lets do thiiiisssss
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 22:07:27 »
when is this coming for sale

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 22:08:59 »
How does the color look compared to the one on massdrop

Could you link to the GMK Beige group buy that's running on MassDrop?  I can't find it.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 22:09:49 »
I posted in the wrong thread I apologize

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 04:00:22 »
I am ready for this as well. I am not too keen on TA.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 09:23:30 »
I am ready for this as well. I am not too keen on TA.

999 did not concur with you.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 09:46:31 »
I'm with those who want this delayed.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:12:37 »
Just get this out there, for those that want it delayed I recommend selling a kidney

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:43:49 »
Sooner the better.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 19:38:14 »
I'm indifferent. On one hand, I need this to complete a build, on the other, I'm broke. Haha.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 01:17:37 »
Just get this out there, for those that want it delayed I recommend selling a kidney

Solid advice  :p

In all seriousness, as I stated before delaying it doesn't make sense, because there will be always be people whose wallets need to recover from something. If we wait people who have money now might not have money at a certain point in the future and so on. We have the classifieds for people who missed out on this  :thumb:

In addition to that:

If you really want this set, you'd be able to scrape money together (sell stuff you don't need anymore; borrow some money from your Grandma, etc.).

If not it just means you don't want this set enough ;)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:13:45 »
People, dont you think it's a good idea to add RGB set for this GB
I mean like, Beige and RGB always go well together
and it's very rare to find RGB with cherry profile/GMK made currently
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:21:37 »
People, dont you think it's a good idea to add RGB set for this GB
I mean like, Beige and RGB always go well together
and it's very rare to find RGB with cherry profile/GMK made currently

I'd buy 2 RGB kits, but I think it would be too much for this GB as there already is an extra kit.

Offering too many separate kits is never a good idea with GMK GBs if you think about MOQ.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:26:42 »
Besides all of the other GMK GB's that I have participated in in the past few weeks. I have a somewhat unexpected purchase come up.
I just found out I'm about to have to pay for my bolt modded SSK that will be ready any day now.

So I wouldn't be able to pay for my order until almost three weeks. As long as the GB runs for the typical 30 days or so then I will be okay  :).
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 April 2015, 03:21:24 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:49:08 »
It could be great if this lauch now but set the deadline to be later than Blue mod 2 weeks or sth, that would be easier to arrange the money
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 10:51:21 »
I think a GMK RBG set would do absolute gangbusters at the moment. The community has really grown recently and RBG is just a perineal favourite. However, it would probably be best as a separate set.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 21:02:47 »
It could be great if this lauch now but set the deadline to be later than Blue mod 2 weeks or sth, that would be easier to arrange the money

As much as I don't want to spend more at the moment, I would be able to join if the time frame was something like this.

Offline VanGhost

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 21:07:05 »
I'm down for a set (RGB mods would be awesome in this or another group buy).

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 21:39:29 »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #188 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 21:40:53 »

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 21:52:09 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 02:34:22 »
Any chance to have some blank keys to replace the symbols? 3 keys for each row should be enough, I think that it should cost $4 more. Very helpful for the international users.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 11:46:09 »
Any chance to have some blank keys to replace the symbols? 3 keys for each row should be enough, I think that it should cost $4 more. Very helpful for the international users.

Photekq said no more changes to the set especially not if they are increasing the price.

Besides that as a fellow international buyer I'd like to state that I hate blank keys. Half of the legends are wrong for me anyway, so at least I want a consistent look of my board and not random blank spots...

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 12:01:04 »
Thanks to Hoffster all non-EU buyers will be getting a very, very nice price. I estimate the main set will be around $100-110.

EU buyers will still get a nice price considering EU sets will be shipping from the UK, and no import fees will need to be paid. It will be about 20% higher since VAT will have to be paid on EU orders.

Me and Hoff just need to work out proper shipping costs and then this GB will launch. I want to get this started ASAP.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2015, 12:03:20 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 12:02:39 »
Thanks to Hoffster all non-EU buyers will be getting a very, very nice price. I estimate the main set will be around $100-110.

EU buyers will still get a nice price considering EU sets will be shipping from the UK, and no import fees will need to be paid. It will be about 20% higher since VAT will have to be paid on EU orders.

Me and Hoff just need to work out proper shipping costs and then this GB will launch. I want to get this started ASAP.
Great news! I'm hyped!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 12:03:29 »
And also.. As has been said a few times : The sets will stay the same as they are in the OP. No exceptions. However, I have made one change which the mockups don't reflect : 2 blank 1.25u R4 keys have been added.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:43:28 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 12:07:28 »
Good news, any estimate launch date?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 12:34:49 »
Thank god. I can't stand the widows keys. So much time wasted fixing that sub par is.

And also.. As has been said a few times : The sets will stay the same as they are in the OP. No exceptions. However, I have made one change which the mockups don't reflect : 3 blank 1.25u R4 keys have been added.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 12:34:59 »

**** YEAH!!

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 12:50:45 »
Let's do this people. I need some Classic Beige in my life already.