Author Topic: Regarding GMK Classic Beige GB - UPDATE 27/07/15  (Read 111526 times)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Regarding GMK Classic Beige GB - UPDATE 27/07/15
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:11:53 »
EDIT : Now.. if we hit 400 orders that's a different story. Then I can consider it.

I was at lunch, came back, wanted to reply to write HORAY, 1800 support, hit reply and it was edited and gone :)
Don't worry, it's still planned..  ;D
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:12:56 »
Has this been asked? Is this set pre sorted by GMK aka Triumph Adler?
Yeah, pre sorted by GMK into zip lock bags. We decided against plastic trays as it'd result in much more pricey and complex shipping.
github

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #502 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:14:10 »
Please, please add a bumped F/J to the main kit, let's start making this a thing, the scooped one is not for everyone and the alphas are most probably the most important part of a kit as the modifiers can easily be outsourced one way or another
1. The sets are final. It's not just me being lazy at this point. It's not even me being stubborn (which I am, admittedly). It's because I'd need to contact GMK for a new quote, wait probably a week for a response, update the pricing, etc.. i.e more delays - the absolute last thing I want!

2. I lurk a lot. I also did a lot of looking around while working out the key selection. I don't want to toot my own horn but I generally know what people want in a keyset. I came to the conclusion that people who prefer bumped F/J are a tiny minority. When it comes to GMK buys you just can't cater to minorities (sorry demik). Sure, it's only two keys, right? Yes. It will barely affect the cost. But how about just adding two more? It's only two again, you did it for the F/J keys.. It all adds up. The line has to be drawn somewhere. I've drawn the line where the sets are now - they're both packed full of useful keys, and are incredibly juicy. I just don't think bumped F/J would add anything for the vast majority of people.

1. is far more important at this point though. 2. is more just why they aren't there already. Seriously.. I don't want more delays.

EDIT : Now.. if we hit 400 orders that's a different story. Then I can consider it.

I understand and I was expecting this response 99%

But my point is, if you're going to draw the line, why not draw them on the F/J's? :)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:16:24 »
But my point is, if you're going to draw the line, why not draw them on the F/J's? :)
For the reasons I gave in 2. - I just don't think that many people want them. If I were to add more keys to these sets, F/J would not be the first I added.. For example, 1800 support comes first.
github

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #504 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:17:27 »
So excited for this. Gonna sell my newly received granite set for the funds too.

Why would I get a SP DSA set, when I could get a GMK set for around the same price? Granite took so long to actually get to me that it gave me time to change my mind about it lol.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:19:35 »
Please, please add a bumped F/J to the main kit, let's start making this a thing, the scooped one is not for everyone and the alphas are most probably the most important part of a kit as the modifiers can easily be outsourced one way or another (like CMYW or something)

(Edit: I'm going to join anyway, but probably going to join 2+ of each if the bump thing becomes a reality)

Pretty much every GMK buy uses scooped homing keys over nibs.

Really not that hard to get used to

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:23:58 »
Yeah I'm just joking, I will try to get used to it, it's more of a problem when the switches are standard below the keycaps, I'm hoping lubed and stickered switches will solve that issue for me (the scoops amplify the clumsiness of regular switches)

I know all the GMK keysets have the scoops, with the exception of the Dolch color pack, but the way I see it, alphas are the most important, but I'm obviously biased in this aspect, so I will drop my quest to add bumped F/J's to this GB - at this point I'm either going to get used to it, or start a GB for some bumped F/J's, or wait Uniqey to launch and hope they sell some singular bumps
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline joey

« Reply #507 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:40:50 »
Is the |\ key row 3 or 4? Looks like 3.. but shouldn't it be 4 for ISO?
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 06:50:38 by joey »

Offline skuko

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:17:43 »
Good news!

Everything seems to be ready to go. I promised I would give roughly 1 weeks notice, and this is it.

So long as I don't discover any issues and so long as nothing changes, the GB will start in 1 week give or take a day or two.

Just as a recap, here are the final mockups :

Show Image

Show Image

7u and 6.25u spacebars in L9 will also be offered.

Pricing is as follows (changed slightly from last time as we will be having the sets presorted) :

Main set :
EU - £82.50 - 115EUR~
NON-EU - £72.50 - $112.50~
Extras set :
EU - £27.50 - 38.50EUR~
NON-EU £22.50 - $35~
Spacebars :
£2 - $3.1~ / 2.8EUR

As said before, EU is more expensive because the EU order sets will be shipped to me and VAT will have to be paid. However, you will pay no import charges, so you don't lose any money in the end!

Any questions please do post.

photeq, is it possible to invoice an EU order in USD upon request? i have USD funds in my paypal balance and cannot withdraw them, because of the stupid paypal conversion rate, i would lose out on too much money that way, so i will need to spend them. i don't see why it shouldn't be possible, just want to make sure.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #509 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:19:33 »

The |\ key in UK ISO is next to left shift. So make of that what you will.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline joey

« Reply #510 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:24:02 »

L shift is R4, but |\ is R3 in the mock up.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #511 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:27:00 »

L shift is R4, but |\ is R3 in the mock up.

That's what I thought - shouldn't it be r4?

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #512 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:38:50 »
Ive never joined a GB before, but these look great. What kind of timeline is expected for the actual shipping out of these?
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #513 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:45:27 »

I don't know the UK layout but to give perspective :

Both TA and Miami Nights have done R3.

While Ctrl Alt has done it the other way around.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #514 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:10:01 »
Ive never joined a GB before, but these look great. What kind of timeline is expected for the actual shipping out of these?
A safe guess would be 3-4 months from the time orders close, and are submitted to GMK. It could be sooner, but unlikely.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:46:48 »
Aww, yeah! My wallet isn't ready, but I still am.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #516 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:58:24 »
Sighs... In for 5 or something.

Are all A profile bottom row spacebars still B profile despite the surrounding keys being A?

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:28:53 »
Sighs... In for 5 or something.

Are all A profile bottom row spacebars still B profile despite the surrounding keys being A?

Right.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:30:44 »

I don't know the UK layout but to give perspective :

Both TA and Miami Nights have done R3.

While Ctrl Alt has done it the other way around.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

According to this:

It should be a R4 key. My guess is that the blank key on R4 is the one to be used near the 1.25u rshift. In that case it is "more" usable for different ISO layout and not only the UK ISO aka French, Nordic, whatnot.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #519 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:35:35 »
Yeah. All spacebars are the same profile.

photeq, is it possible to invoice an EU order in USD upon request? i have USD funds in my paypal balance and cannot withdraw them, because of the stupid paypal conversion rate, i would lose out on too much money that way, so i will need to spend them. i don't see why it shouldn't be possible, just want to make sure.
I will primarily be using Stripe, not Paypal. I would encourage everyone to use Stripe unless it's absolutely impossible for them. It's a lot easier for me, and more importantly - I quite literally cannot accept Paypal at the moment due to a receiving limit. In late August, when the GB is nearing an end, I can possibly start to accept Paypal payments.

I can't say. It really all depends on how long it takes for GMK to produce the keycaps. If I gave a timeframe it would probably be inaccurate, so I won't give one at the moment.

It's R3. The extra kit was originally around 53 keys, and had 10 or so keys dedicated to perfect UK ISO including icon only tab/backspace. However, it was wildly expensive, so I cut many things out. I also reduced UK ISO to US ISO, which is what you see there now. There's two ways of doing US ISO and both are correct - the way I have it with one blank R4 and one blank |\, or one R3 |\ and one R4 |\. I decided to go with the current setup for no particular reason, although I am considering switching to the 2x |\ setup for consistency (all keys would have legends rather than having one random blank). This wouldn't change the cost of the set.

Here's an example of US ISO :

github

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #520 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:37:26 »
Seresly when these groop buy is going to a start ? redicoulous wait time .. ; p
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #521 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:42:30 »
Wait, so no PayPal? Or is that if you're in EU?

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #522 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:47:47 »

rieeaeadiioiuiocuioualuioiiuoius
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #523 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:49:17 »

rieeaeadiioiuiocuioualuioiiuoius

stop Flame im' not England
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:51:52 »
On se calme les enfants !
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #525 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:56:49 »
What?! No PayPal?

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 11:57:48 »
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #527 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:01:26 »
A safe guess would be 3-4 months from the time orders close, and are submitted to GMK. It could be sooner, but unlikely.

Woah, thats a while.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #528 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:02:04 »

Woah, thats a while.

Not any different than the other GMK group buys. That is the standard production time.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #529 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:04:41 »
I will primarily be using Stripe, not Paypal. I would encourage everyone to use Stripe unless it's absolutely impossible for them. It's a lot easier for me, and more importantly - I quite literally cannot accept Paypal at the moment due to a receiving limit. In late August, when the GB is nearing an end, I can possibly start to accept Paypal payments.

Confusing :eek:

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #530 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:05:17 »
Yeah, no Paypal :( I would have preferred Paypal to Stripe but can't use it for two reasons :

1. Paypal is not very friendly to the pre-order/GB system. They can and have locked peoples funds because they haven't shipped fast enough (waiting for things to be produced). Bunny had an absolute nightmare with Paypal where they locked his funds and would not let him access them until everything was shipped. That's part of the reason why he switched to Stripe and only takes Paypal payments when people need them. I would really prefer to not run into the same problems he did, so I'm using Stripe too.

2. As I said.. I quite literally cannot take any Paypal payments right now. I could not even sell any keyboards on the classifieds. In late august I may be able to, at which point I can offer payments through Paypal to those who cannot use Stripe, so don't fret if you're unable to pay through Stripe.

Really though, I would encourage everyone to use Stripe unless they are absolutely unable to. It's completely secure, you can use a debit card linked to your bank account. If you have funds in your Paypal just transfer to your bank account and use the debit card. It's really not a problem.
github

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #531 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:09:50 »
Yeah, no Paypal :( I would have preferred Paypal to Stripe but can't use it for two reasons :

1. Paypal is not very friendly to the pre-order/GB system. They can and have locked peoples funds because they haven't shipped fast enough (waiting for things to be produced). Bunny had an absolute nightmare with Paypal where they locked his funds and would not let him access them until everything was shipped. That's part of the reason why he switched to Stripe and only takes Paypal payments when people need them. I would really prefer to not run into the same problems he did, so I'm using Stripe too.

2. As I said.. I quite literally cannot take any Paypal payments right now. I could not even sell any keyboards on the classifieds. In late august I may be able to, at which point I can offer payments through Paypal to those who cannot use Stripe, so don't fret if you're unable to pay through Stripe.

Really though, I would encourage everyone to use Stripe unless they are absolutely unable to. It's completely secure, you can use a debit card linked to your bank account. If you have funds in your Paypal just transfer to your bank account and use the debit card. It's really not a problem.

:thumb: :thumb:
+1 for Stripe.  I don't even think I setup an account when I bought HyperFuse, and it was fine. 

Offline joey

« Reply #532 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:23:08 »
It's R3. The extra kit was originally around 53 keys, and had 10 or so keys dedicated to perfect UK ISO including icon only tab/backspace. However, it was wildly expensive, so I cut many things out. I also reduced UK ISO to US ISO, which is what you see there now. There's two ways of doing US ISO and both are correct - the way I have it with one blank R4 and one blank |\, or one R3 |\ and one R4 |\. I decided to go with the current setup for no particular reason, although I am considering switching to the 2x |\ setup for consistency (all keys would have legends rather than having one random blank). This wouldn't change the cost of the set.
Ok, but it's possible to do UK ISO with the blank key, right?
If you switch to 2x |\, it's going to be that 1u key that is currently blank?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:24:03 »
I may have PayPal as an option only. Will order a set once it gets closer to the deadline so that you can accept it, if possible.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #534 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:27:25 »
Stripe is not available in Vietnam...  :-[

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:31:57 »
This set supports ISO layout perfectly in the form of US ISO. You can fill any ISO keyboard 100%. It just will not have the correct UK ISO legends. No ¬`, no 2", no 3£, etc.

This isn't correct. You can't register as a seller with Stripe if you're in VN, but you can pay through Stripe from ANY country!

Just to be absolutely clear :

You can pay for this through Stripe from ANY country via debit/credit card, so long as you're using a debit/credit card that's supported by Stripe - Visa, etc.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:33:30 by Photekq »
github

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #536 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:32:36 »

EU based companies can accept payments in Vietnamese Dong. The question would be who backs your credit card? If it's Visa/MC you're good to go.

Edit: wow that jacked up the accents on Dong when I copy&pasted...
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:37:55 by jbondeson »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #537 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:36:09 »
And just to be clear on one other thing..

Paypal will be request only through PM/email. I'll only do it for people who have issues using Stripe or have a genuine reason for not being able to use it as it really does make things more difficult.
github

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #538 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:38:20 »

Paypal will be request only through PM/email. I'll only do it for people who have issues using Stripe or have a genuine reason for not being able to use it as it really does make things more difficult.

Could we do a Paypal gift? That would avoid the problem of having funds frozen

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #539 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:42:00 »
This isn't correct. You can't register as a seller with Stripe if you're in VN, but you can pay through Stripe from ANY country!

Just to be absolutely clear :

You can pay for this through Stripe from ANY country via debit/credit card, so long as you're using a debit/credit card that's supported by Stripe - Visa, etc.

Oh ok. It's right. Thanks.

Offline joey

« Reply #540 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:47:28 »
This set supports ISO layout perfectly in the form of US ISO. You can fill any ISO keyboard 100%. It just will not have the correct UK ISO legends. No ¬`, no 2", no 3£, etc.

Thanks for making it clear!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #541 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:52:27 »

Darn. Looks like I'll be having to sit this one out. I use PP for all my GBs. I'm probably just being spoiled, and I have no idea what it's like on the seller's end, but every time I can't use PP I back out. I don't like the idea of making another money account.

Good luck! This is gonna be one handsome set that's gonna look great on people's boards.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #542 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:53:51 »

Darn. Looks like I'll be having to sit this one out. I use PP for all my GBs. I'm probably just being spoiled, and I have no idea what it's like on the seller's end, but every time I can't use PP I back out. I don't like the idea of making another money account.

Good luck! This is gonna be one handsome set that's gonna look great on people's boards.
and as he just said, you can use PP if you absolutely have to, but it is per request only

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:54:01 »

You don't need a Stripe account. Stripe is simply a secure middleman for debit/credit details. You only need to enter your debit/credit details - no account needed.
github

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #544 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:57:02 »

You don't need a Stripe account. Stripe is simply a secure middleman for debit/credit details. You only need to enter your debit/credit details - no account needed.

Stripe is really easy to use.  No account.  It's just like entering your credit card info online when ordering pizza ( ^-^ ) or something similar.

If you can order pizza, you can order this set!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:59:40 »

and as he just said, you can use PP if you absolutely have to, but it is per request only

He said if it's just as a last resort. I have no other excuse other than I'd rather use PayPal.
I personally don't feel comfortable entering debit/credit info into other sites. Hell, I don't even have a Google Wallet account!

Thanks for the help, though!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #546 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 13:01:46 »
I personally don't feel comfortable entering debit/credit info into other sites. Hell, I don't even have a Google Wallet account!
Neither do I! That's why I'm using Stripe. No details go through my site. They all go through Stripe. You cannot get more secure.. It's as secure as Paypal.

Anyway, if you still don't feel comfortable there's not much else I can say.
github

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:21:55 »
Yeah, no Paypal :)

Corrected! Great to start with some alternatives, and not to go with PayPal. My account was locked a while ago, when collecting money for 7bit. It was not easy to unlock it, and took very long. Later my bank did not accept the money I got onto my PayPal account and I had to prove again that this was not money laundering. In the end I got everything, but lesson learned: don't mess with them!
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:23:56 by madhias »
... ...

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #548 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:28:22 »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but why aren't there ctrl alt 1,5x in row 4 profile :S  Seems like that would be a popular option, I for one hate row 5 profile and I gather that's not only my opinion. 
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #549 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:30:32 »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but why aren't there ctrl alt 1,5x in row 4 profile :S  Seems like that would be a popular option, I for one hate row 5 profile and I gather that's not only my opinion.

I think it's because Photekq wants to make this set legit OG Cherry.