Author Topic: Giveaway: Sugar in the salt shaker. Red Topre Bro ESC cap. WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
So! I've had this cap for a bit now after winning it from the Bro giveaway before this last one, and it's gorgeous, but... I don't have a Topre board, and have no plans to change that. This thing deserves to go on a board. Lots of salt still around from the sales too. I got in to the Low Sodium sale, so as I promised in my entry for the giveaway that just finished, I'm giving this one away to a Broless Topre owner. Doesn't feel right to sell or even trade it since I got it for free, so it goes the same way it came. :)

Here's the cap in question:

Juicy Fruit Red Topre Esc. It's clear, it's shiny, it'll look sexy on a HHKB or RF or whatever. XD

And here are the requirements for entering:

- Must have been a GH member for at least 30 days.
- Must have more than 50 posts.
- Must have a Topre board that takes Topre caps.
- Must not have any Bros. I want to give someone who hasn't gotten any yet a chance to feel the love of Bro.
- International is OK, but shipping from the US is expensive so it'll probably end up going like... Airmail or something. I don't know, I haven't shipped anything internationally since like... 2007. XD;

To enter: Tell me why you want this. Make it entertaining, I want something to read. It doesn't have to be a novel or even actually good, I'm not even judging you on it, I'm just going to randomly draw a winner. Still. :)

I'll let this run until July 15th at 8PM Pacific Daylight Time. (GMT -7.)

Good luck. :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 02:27:02 by Nai_Calus »
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Giveaway: Sugar in the salt shaker. Red Topre Bro ESC cap.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:20:43 »
Very generous :)

Unfortunately I have some Bros already, so I can't enter.  A shame as dark trans red is my (second) favourite keycap colour.

GL everyone :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:25:22 »
Hi! So glad you're doing this giveaway. I've been drooling over all the Bros that Cherry MX owners have and it's so hard to find a Topre key. Wish me luck!

The reason I'd like your cap is I'm currently in a (very unhealthy) obsession with keyboards and keycaps. Just last night, I had a dream about having a Miami keycap set for Topre. It seems that the thirst my fingers are having for good feeling of oneness with cup rubber have seeped into my brain and into the ethereal depths of my dreams. Please halp.

Anywho, thanks for doing the giveaway! Good luck to everyone. (Technically, I have yet to meet some of the requirements, but don't worry! Tomorrow is my 30th day on GH :D YAAAYYY)

P.S. I've attached a photo of my HHKB :) Bro-less and it only has subpar shapeways keycaps :(
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:28:07 »
Aww crap, i've met all of the requirements, except the posts count!
Should've been active in GH ages ago :D

Goodluck for everyone.

And Nai_Calus, you deserve a medal, sir!  :thumb:

NB:This is my first official post on GH. Im so happy

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
Giveaway: Sugar in the salt shaker. Red Topre Bro ESC cap.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 05:07:08 »
Been waiting for you to run this (although I forgot).

Thanks for doing this giveaway. I admire your wish to give this away since you got it for free

I would just like to add on to this giveaway.

Whoever wins this giveaway will also receive this Juicy Fruit Red Topre FN that will go perfectly with the esc.

I received this from Bro for free to replace a missing Fn key and I feel the same way about trading it so is like this to go to a nice home and this is the perfect opportunity :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 05:39:37 »

Thanks for doing this giveaway. I admire your wish to give this away since you got it for free

Whoever wins this giveaway will also receive this Juicy Fruit Red Topre FN that will go perfectly with the esc.

Show Image

I received this from Bro for free to replace a missing Fn key and I feel the same way about trading it so is like this to go to a nice home and this is the perfect opportunity :)

Extra super generosity :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 05:49:22 »
That's super cool. Thanks
Novatouch TKL - Leopold FC660C - PBT my life.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 07:47:36 »
Nice giveaway! Not Bro-less but those are some great looking caps! I'm hoping Bro comes out with a similar gamer set for MX in juicy trans colors (purple?!), would be perfect for my Filco.

Someone's going to have a sexy board after this giveaway!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 07:58:25 »
wow nice one dudes :thumb: that's such a good set.

I am not broless as I got lucky in the cosmos sale, so good luck to everyone who enters.

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 08:59:56 »
Don't have a topre board, good luck everyone else. Thanks for spreading the love, Nai. Great giveaway!
Rapid-I||Ducky Mini||'87 Model M SSK||Goldtouch 0077
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 09:27:45 »
i want it because i want to become the greatest collector in the world
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:06:36 »
Not entering but just wanted to say thanks Nai_Calus and asdfjkl36 for doing this! There's so much love and community on this forum it warms my heart. Good luck everyone!

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:45:34 »
I would love this because I don't own any of Bro's creations, and it would be an amazing compliment to my black hhkb! thanks for doing this giveaway! :)
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 12:33:17 »

Show Image

You make the world go round.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2015, 13:25:19 by temence »
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More

Offline Gaspar

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 13:10:00 »
I don't have the required posts to win this but in any cases, if I'd win I'd sell it and give the money to Absyrd https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71569.0

I encourage the winner to do the same.

Offline chive_

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 13:21:27 »
Thanks for the giveaways! Topre is one heck of a switch, and I have loved my HHKB to no end when I finally took the dive and bought one. But getting a Topre Bro to accompany it has been a struggle. I'm 0/9 in both raffle and email sales, so winning this giveaway would be amazing! Here's a picture of it in all of its beauty:

I use my HHKB a lot on the go, since I'm currently attending school as a computer science student. It's the perfect board to pair with my laptop because of how light and portable it is. Thanks again and good luck to everybody!

Edit: Woops, needed to rotate the image. My bad!
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2015, 16:37:28 by chive_ »

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 16:02:54 »
I don't own any bro caps, but I did win a golden dibs ticket from him. So whether that counts...I guess you'll be the judge.

Anyways, if I won the Bro Esc/FN (thanks asdfjkl36!), I would put it on my Realforce in place of my Hellboy. I'm going for a red/black theme, and I ordered some red blanks from the recent HKP sale, I'd probably do a giveaway just like this one with those, and possibly the Hellboy or other Topre artisans I have as well.

Offline xredman

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 18:23:00 »
I want this cap so I can stop feeling bummed out when I miss or didn't get in on a sale. It is my favorite color and would definitely stand out from the rest of my keycaps.

I really appreciate the opportunity to win some Bro caps. Good luck everyone!

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 22:34:05 »
Man...I do not have 50 posts so I guess I would not be qualified....
I am that kinda person who would not win any raffles.... anyway, I wish this keycap goes to the person who is not such lucky to win any kinda of raffle like me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2015, 22:46:36 by dwk396 »

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 08:00:32 »
Wow super cool for you to do.

I am currently Bro-less, I have over 50 posts, etc.

But more importantly then that, i have been bitten by that sweet cup rubber bug. I currently have a NovaTouch and a HHKB pro2, with an FC660C on its way in the mail today. I would love to be able to join the 'cool kids club' and don those sexy juicy fruit red caps proudly on my FC660 like a crown on a king.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 09:01:59 »
Personally can't enter due to being new and being an MX user.

But its really neat to see things like this happen in the community. So thanks for doing such nice things!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 09:43:47 »
Sp nice to see more and more actions like this  :thumb:
I would love them on my black HHKB but I have 2 BB's (one MX and one BS) so it's only fair to go to the broless guys  :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 10:03:44 »
These need to go to one of those nice naked white OR black HHKB. The trans red, though not my style, works well on both colors.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 10:05:12 »
Would love to win, but won a cap in the low sodium sale. Good luck everyone, and thanks for giving these away!

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 11:36:12 »
sweet giveaway man

Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline yomammary

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 13:15:07 »
Nice keycap, good luck to you all! :)
I have several bros, so :-*
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 13:44:08 »
This is awesome of the two of you! Hope to see these go to a great home!

I'm not entering by the way as I already have some Bros.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 17:37:41 »
Sorry for delayed response, been recovering from travel, AKA sleeping too much.  :cool:

Awesome, asdfjkl36! We're gonna make someone's board super sick. :D
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 17:53:01 »
Yes. I hope to see some nice pcitrues from whoever wins :)

Offline CaplockJack

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 19:48:09 »
I want!

I like grids.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 21:25:46 »
I don't qualify for this one, but good luck guys! It's a beautiful cap :)

Offline zet10n

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 07:29:15 »
Been a silent member so dont meet the req, but thank you for the giveaway :)

Offline Bomble

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 18:46:49 »
Hello there mates, I would like this cap (+bonus cap thanks to asdfjkl36!) because of the empty feeling that I had when I opened up my 87U, only to find that there was no red escape cap. This would fill me with joy from my toes to the top of my dome.

Here's a story:
It is currently REALLY cold in Brisbane, it dropped to 3 degrees the other day, being the coldest day of the year so far.. Currently 10 degrees Celsius and my hands are cold to the point where I can't use my fingers properly. How does the rest of the world live in their even colder winters? It is a mystery to me.

Good luck everyone else, I hope you're all submitting the appropriate number of goat-sacrifices to RNGesus.

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 23:35:31 »
Best of luck to everyone! I haven't made any sacrifices to the RNG gods, but I'm gonna rely on Gambler's Fallacy since I haven't won any raffles yet so far.
More

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 23:46:47 »
Awesome stuff from you Nai, nice to see positive stuff like this :)

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 00:18:22 »
not sure if missed this. but i have a sytory and want a bro. i was walking up the stairs last week and was hit wirth a sudden vision of my life with a beamspring. previously i did not have enough ,money ro achieve tjat dream but cindy looked like she was getting some. i decided to mae the vision i saw reality andget a beam spring. :)( i got up stairs and checked the thread. they were gone. im on a nokia n8 and cant backspace sorry

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 02:01:24 »
Alright! Here's the list of people who made it in on time and made it to the requirements by the deadline. If you hit 50 posts before I looked at all the stats, you got your name in. ;)

1. temence
2. sth
3. Flyersfan1
4. chive_
5. xredman
6. dwk396
7. trees
8. CaplockJack
9. Bomble

And here's the random.org generated list:

List Randomizer

There were 9 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

6. dwk396
3. Flyersfan1
4. chive_
7. trees
8. CaplockJack
5. xredman
1. temence
2. sth
9. Bomble
Timestamp: 2015-07-16 07:00:02 UTC, IP: 66.102.147.28

So much for not winning any raffles. ;) Now you'll have to get that leopold off your hhkb lol. Congrats and thanks to everyone who entered! PM me your address plz. :)

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 02:02:20 »
To clarify, dwk396 as the first person on the randomized list is the winner. XD

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
Congrats dwk396 :)

I'm going on vacation today so I'll be sending your fn out next week when I get back. I'll get your address from Nai.

Enjoy your new set :)

Offline Bomble

Congrats dwk!!  :D

Offline Heliobb

Congrats. Gonna have to post a little bit more.  ;)
Novatouch TKL - Leopold FC660C - PBT my life.

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
Congrats dwk! Enjoy the keys for all of us! ;) And congrats on winning your first ever raffle!
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Congrats dwk396, a nice prize you have :)

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
Thanks, everyone.
I hope this turns everything around and win all the raffles in the future.
Or....I used all the luck for next few years....
Anyway, thank you so much for the ESC key Nai_Calus, and thank you for the completing the set with fn key, asdfjkl36!

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Congrats dwk396! Sweet prize ya got there  :)

I see you're not too far from me...if I ever organize a Carolinas/Southeast GH meet up, I'll need to remember to invite you  :thumb:

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
Congrats dwk396! Sweet prize ya got there  :)

I see you're not too far from me...if I ever organize a Carolinas/Southeast GH meet up, I'll need to remember to invite you  :thumb:

That sounds awesome.  :D

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
Update to this:

Dwk396 received his package and this is his HHKB now

Thanks Nai_Calus for this giveaway!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Update to this:

Show Image

That's fantastic! :D

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
Update to this:

Show Image

woo thanks for posting the picture!
I had to go out of town suddenly over the weekend so I could not post it!
But I will try to take a nicer picture and post!
Thank you for the giveaway both of y'all!