Author Topic: Aloha from Texas!  (Read 908 times)

Offline IceDragon13

Aloha from Texas!
« on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 19:42:38 »
Hi Everyone,

Happy to be here. Enjoyed learning about keyboards over at /r/mk and found out about the GH community.
Started out with a Razer Blackwidow Battlefield edition w/ blues that was a NewEgg price mistake. After learning about some of the other options out there and I picked up a switch tester and realized blues were the right call for me. Just picked up a Pok3r based on seeing some of the customized ones with the Nuclear Data and pulse sets and the ability to program Vim style arrows. (It arrived today so it should be an exciting night). Although I'm really looking forward to customizing it with a bit of "Trouble Minds."

Looking forward to "meeting" you all.

Cheers!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Aloha from Texas!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 19:51:59 »
Wellcome to GH  nice keyboard bro, and 1 thing watch yer wallet in this forum

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Aloha from Texas!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 03:59:11 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What was the price mistake?  Sounds like it was in your favour :))

Pok3r is great, heaps of people using them, and i don't think I've heard of any problems with them!  Enjoy your clicking :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ