Author Topic: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 (QC, Shipping) 100% shipped  (Read 431839 times)

Offline Etherealsound

Re: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 (QC, Shipping)
« Reply #900 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 17:23:29 »
Built with spring-lubed only tealios (tub lubed springs with 3204 and even extra added to the base of each spring), and lubed zeal stabilizers.

Typing feels and sounds out-of-this-world amazing. F row and number row still a bit more firm than the home row, but much closer than other boards I have.

Here's a potato pic.  Not keeping blue alert on it, but it was the fist set I picked out of the pile for testing, and... R5 master race?  Going to try out muted, miami nights, led zep, and 9009 later.

(Attachment Link)

Wow, that looks stunning. Out of curiosity, why only spring lubed? Also, how much do you use for the tub lubing?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #901 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 17:45:39 »
Built with spring-lubed only tealios (tub lubed springs with 3204 and even extra added to the base of each spring), and lubed zeal stabilizers.

Typing feels and sounds out-of-this-world amazing. F row and number row still a bit more firm than the home row, but much closer than other boards I have.

Here's a potato pic.  Not keeping blue alert on it, but it was the fist set I picked out of the pile for testing, and... R5 master race?  Going to try out muted, miami nights, led zep, and 9009 later.

(Attachment Link)

Looks amazing!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #902 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 17:50:11 »

(Attachment Link)

Wow, that looks stunning. Out of curiosity, why only spring lubed? Also, how much do you use for the tub lubing?

Tealios felt a bit too sluggish to me when I lubed the stem or the housing.  Just my personal preference.  I have a preference for smooth but non-lubed switches lately.  Lubed the springs really well to ensure no ping or crunch down the road (since plate doesn't allow for top opening).  I probably used around 1/2 an ounce or less in a small container for tub lube.  That coated everything pretty well, but I decided to add a bit more to the bottom few coils of each one by hand. 

Then I went through some sound tests 1 by 1 to cherry pick the best sounding/feeling switches for the space bar and alphas.   I've found that tealios are fairly consistent, but I did have some that sounded a little scratchy.  I'm sure it would clear up some with 3203, but I've just been going stock lately (just a phase, I guess).  I put the scratchy ones in a pile for the F keys and other non-alphas.  The best of the best was set aside for the spacebar.  I had 4 or 5 that had a strange tactile thing happen on slow press.  Opened them up, flipped the spring, and all seemed well again. 

Anyway, if you are debating on what to use for your Jane v2 build, I can say without a doubt that you will not regret using linear switches.  I know people rave about tactile on plates with more give, but linears feel fantastic as well.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #903 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 17:53:46 »

(Attachment Link)

Looks amazing!

Thanks.  I think other colorways would accent the gray better, but man... I've spoiled myself with these R5 modifiers.  I keep finding myself thumbing the left alt to feel that profile :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #904 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 17:53:59 »

(Attachment Link)

Tealios felt a bit too sluggish to me when I lubed the stem or the housing.  Just my personal preference.  I have a preference for smooth but non-lubed switches lately.  Lubed the springs really well to ensure no ping or crunch down the road (since plate doesn't allow for top opening).  I probably used around 1/2 an ounce or less in a small container for tub lube.  That coated everything pretty well, but I decided to add a bit more to the bottom few coils of each one by hand. 

Then I went through some sound tests 1 by 1 to cherry pick the best sounding/feeling switches for the space bar and alphas.   I've found that tealios are fairly consistent, but I did have some that sounded a little scratchy.  I'm sure it would clear up some with 3203, but I've just been going stock lately (just a phase, I guess).  I put the scratchy ones in a pile for the F keys and other non-alphas.  The best of the best was set aside for the spacebar.  I had 4 or 5 that had a strange tactile thing happen on slow press.  Opened them up, flipped the spring, and all seemed well again. 

Anyway, if you are debating on what to use for your Jane v2 build, I can say without a doubt that you will not regret using linear switches.  I know people rave about tactile on plates with more give, but linears feel fantastic as well.

Have you tried really thin lube (3204), or some GPL 105?
I agree lubing a tiny bit too much will make it feel sluggish.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #905 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 20:37:38 »
Jane received - more pics here

214220-0

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #906 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 21:01:32 »
Jane received - more pics here

(Attachment Link)

Raw looks mental! Glad yours arrived, can't wait to see it after it's been anodised.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #907 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 21:41:59 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #908 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 21:51:21 »
my 268.1 is raw, but it doesn't look this fab.  That looks awesome

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #909 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 23:32:25 »
Didn't take the best picture but this is my Jane built up with Holy GSUS lubed with 3203 and 72g CWW springs and GMK Olivia. 
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #910 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 23:56:56 »
Didn't take the best picture but this is my Jane built up with Holy GSUS lubed with 3203 and 72g CWW springs and GMK Olivia.

Pretty stunning.  I hate your flipped space bar.  Deal with it  :cool:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #911 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 00:10:50 »

I do that (flipped space) too. Haha

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #912 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 01:10:39 »

That's it.  I'm not joining your GB now.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #913 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 07:53:32 »

214249-0

Triggered yet?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #914 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 12:23:42 »

Don't leave us!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #915 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 12:25:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Triggered yet?

haha

214269-0

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #916 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:09:24 »
>only flipping one key

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #917 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:21:22 »
>only flipping one key

Show Image

I'm going to be sick

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #918 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:22:15 »
>only flipping one key

Show Image

I'm going to be sick

that's how i use it normally as well, i didn't even have to make any changes for this photo
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #919 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:25:25 »
I'm just kidding.  Although I think it looks silly, I understand that it is more comfortable for some people while typing.  I personally have a large keyboard shelf on my desk that is quite low, so I don't rest my palms on the desktop... therefore flipped space doesn't work for me.  Actually, it caused the opposite effect for me.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #920 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 16:03:23 »
>only flipping one key

Show Image

That hair  :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #921 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 23:48:17 »
>only flipping one key

Show Image

That hair  :p

this post made by low iron gang

Offline reidd

« Reply #922 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 23:50:49 »
Where's your cable from puddsy?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #923 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 00:06:29 »
Where's your cable from puddsy?

mechcables.com

i'm pretty sure he's taking orders right now, just fill the form and he should send an invoice

this is my second or third cable from him and i have never had a problem

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #924 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 14:58:23 »
I'm a bit behind everyone else but I received the shipping invoice today for my red/grey jane. Hopefully I'll be able to get some nice pictures of the red up soon.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #925 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:09:36 »
Oh.  My.

214490-0

214492-1

P.S.

Can someone run Muted again, please?  I need more than one set :)

Offline dallman5

« Reply #926 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:11:40 »
Oh.  My.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

P.S.

Damn that looks amazing! What did you build it with?
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #927 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:14:06 »
Oh.  My.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

P.S.

hot. the gray came out super nice

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #928 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:16:04 »
Oh.  My.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

P.S.

Damn that looks amazing! What did you build it with?

Tealios, zeal stabilizers.  Love.

Offline ggZyg

« Reply #929 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:42:13 »
got my red jane shipping invoice for anyone wondering when red was starting to ship!

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #930 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 13:26:22 »
Got my shipping invoice 2 weeks ago and paid the same day, still no shipping notification, germany btw. Any EU people already got theirs?
TGR Jane V2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #931 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 15:20:55 »
Got my shipping invoice 2 weeks ago and paid the same day, still no shipping notification, germany btw. Any EU people already got theirs?

check the paypal invoice, sometimes shipping gets added and you don't get an email

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #932 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 15:26:22 »
Oh.  My.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

P.S.

That **** is beautiful. The kinda keyboard make you forget all about all them other keyboards. Make you feel like this is the one keyboard you just wanna type on it everyday forever n ever. N everything you type just feels so right y'know. N you just can't wait everyday to get home and put your hands all over it. N you're staying in at weekends just typing sweet nothings on it all night. Just to type. **** is beautiful.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #933 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 19:34:09 »
Oh.  My.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

P.S.

is this the dark gray jane 2?

a good alternative to muted is the GMK Classic Retro, but the accents are different, or 9009. Classic Retro is readily available, though.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #934 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 20:05:57 »
Oh.  My.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

P.S.

That **** is beautiful. The kinda keyboard make you forget all about all them other keyboards. Make you feel like this is the one keyboard you just wanna type on it everyday forever n ever. N everything you type just feels so right y'know. N you just can't wait everyday to get home and put your hands all over it. N you're staying in at weekends just typing sweet nothings on it all night. Just to type. **** is beautiful.

Thanks.  The absolutely amazing thing is that it actually feels even better than it looks.  Typing experience is just perfect.  Absolutely perfect.

Oh.  My.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

P.S.

is this the dark gray jane 2?

a good alternative to muted is the GMK Classic Retro, but the accents are different, or 9009. Classic Retro is readily available, though.

Yep, it's the dark gray.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #936 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:05:19 »
Lubed and sip-socketed 78g Zealios V2 and waiting for GMK HyperFuse Remix

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

sir

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #937 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 23:15:18 »
Lubed and sip-socketed 78g Zealios V2 and waiting for GMK HyperFuse Remix

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

nice

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #938 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 02:21:30 »
I'm just kidding.  Although I think it looks silly, I understand that it is more comfortable for some people while typing.  I personally have a large keyboard shelf on my desk that is quite low, so I don't rest my palms on the desktop... therefore flipped space doesn't work for me.  Actually, it caused the opposite effect for me.

You just have the better typing posture (it's true) by having your palms/wrists float. It's this kind of stuff (bending at the wrist or desks that are too high, etc) that blows people's wrists eventually and causes carpal tunnel issues.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #939 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 16:26:26 »
Finished building mine today. Very excited about it.

Have this leopold pbt + some OG double shots to fill out the rest until Modern Dolch ships.

switches are vintage blacks, lubed by me with 205g, 68g sprit springs and films.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #940 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 01:22:43 »

Show Image

Have this leopold pbt + some OG double shots to fill out the rest until Modern Dolch ships.

switches are vintage blacks, lubed by me with 205g, 68g sprit springs and films.

Wow! Nice noice

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #941 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 10:19:40 »

Show Image

cant wait to get mine and put ncr dyesubs on it, yours already looks stunning!
TGR Jane V2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #942 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 15:54:31 »

Show Image

Very nice

Offline xosk

« Reply #943 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 21:26:12 »
Anyone having troubles with the PCB? It seems like my PCB just bricked all of a sudden. Does not even get detected by any of my machines. Any suggestions?

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #944 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 10:39:32 »
Any blue gray updates? :D

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline Mainian

« Reply #945 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 18:15:28 »
Did you get a Winkey top? Was told mine needed rework a month ago.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #946 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 20:51:57 »

Show Image

Very nice

The most Gray, gray v2 i've seen so far.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #947 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 02:02:43 »
Any blue gray updates? :D

I heard on discord that those are coming "very soon"

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #948 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 03:41:11 »
Yes! I got tracking. (Not blue grey btw).

Offline regionfree

« Reply #949 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 08:16:15 »
I’m dark gray. Still waiting for shipping as well. Getting there slowly!