Author Topic: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy  (Read 1221541 times)

Offline ika

Re: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy
« Reply #1500 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:17:33 »
There was one that was recently posted on r/mechmarket and got snatched up within minutes. It sold for $600 USD...

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/41xchf/aushclearance_orion_v2_bolt_modded_model_m/

Keep in mind that's an assembled board and is pretty much what the guy paid for if i can do math correctly.

Roughly $440 for the base board, then another $80 for the Zealios, another maybe $50 for the keyset, $10-30 (wtf) for the MX Lock, then SIP sockets and soldering + assembly. $600 is right on the money.

Offline ika

« Reply #1501 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:36:12 »
Can anyone translate the instructions about how to set LED brightness? I can't stand how bright they are and there's no mapped key to adjust brightness for the switch LEDs. This looks like instructions on how to adjust USB current but I don't really understand the google translated mumbo jumbo.

[오리온V2]
인디케이터
 ESC 우측은 위에서부터 넘락, 캡스락, 스크롤락을 표시하며,
  방향키 위의 인디케이터는, 좌측부터 4개는 레이어(또는 펑션키 상태), 우측 1개는 인디케이터로 작동합니다.
 레이어의 경우 순서대로 1, 2, 3, 4 레이어 변경시 점등되며,
  멀티펑션키 사용시, 설정된 펑션키에 해당하는 부분이 꺼지는(반전) 방법으로 표현됩니다.
 예) 토글 레이어로 3번 레이어 설정 (3번이 켜짐)
   LED : 0 0 1 0 0
 예) 멀티 펑션키를 3번 누른채 유지 (3번만 꺼짐, 인디케이터는 상태에 따라 다름)
   LED : 1 1 0 1 0
스위치 LED 및 RGB LED의 최대 밝기 자동 조절
 USB 2.0의 500mA 내에서 스위치 LED 점등 상태, 이펙트 상태, RGB의 색상에 따른 밝기를 자동으로 제어
 스위치 LED의 경우 바이패스 모드를 제외하고 멀티LED 사용 불가
  바이패스 모드 설정시 RGB의 밝기에 영향이 있습니다. (스위치 LED 전체 OFF시 최대, 전체 ON시 최소 밝기)
  바이패스 모드는 스위치 LED 모드에만 영향이 있습니다.
최대 전력 설정
 LED(RGB 포함)에 사용 가능한 최대 전류값을 설정할 수 있는 기능으로,
  해당 기능 설정시 작동 및 고장에 대한 모든 책임은 사용자 본인에게 귀속됩니다.
 사용하는 기기(PC 등)의 USB 출력 전류가 넉넉한 경우에만 설정하시기 바랍니다.
 설정 예)스위치 LED 바이패스 상태로 전체 점등(멀티 LED 사용)한 상태에서 RGB LED 밝기를 확보할 수 있습니다.
 > 설정 방법
   컨트롤 모드 진입 후,
   S C M Enter 입력,
   500~900 사이의 숫자를 천천히 누름 (기본 500)
   컨트롤 모드 누름 (저장)
   ESC로 컨트롤 모드 종료
  작동 오류나 끊어짐 발생시 기본 500으로 재설정 후 사용
   키보드 인식 후 LED Down 키를 누르면 LED 정지
   이후 전력 설정 변경

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #1502 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:43:04 »
Heres what I did:

I mapped "FN1" to function key I desired then copied Layer FN4 to Layer FN1.
Then you press Function key + Esc (LED Ctrl), indicator light should blink located above arrow key
Press function key + F1-4 or which section you prefer.
Press function key + Up or function key + Down to change brightness

This is the guide that helped me or kinda of "ELI5" me to 02D:
http://www.adamfalwell.com/projects/octagon/assets/lightsaverv2-layout-editing-and-updating-tutorial.pdf
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:45:14 by rainb1ood »

Offline ika

« Reply #1503 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:46:00 »
Heres what I did:

I mapped "FN1" to function key I desired then copied Layer FN4 to Layer FN1.
Then you press Function key + Esc (LED Ctrl), indicator light should blink located above arrow key
Press function key + F1-4 or which section you prefer.
Press function key + Up or function key + Down to change brightness

Ah there's the part that doesn't work for me. LED Down just turns LEDs off and LED Up just turns them on. I figured out how all the LED sections work and the cycle modes but I'm not able to control brightness through the default keymap keys.

EDIT: oh wait, I think playing around in the LED Ctrl mode might have done something! Will have to do more experimenting...
edit2: yeah that works! thanks!
EDIT3: for reference, LED Ctrl (and Control Mode) turn on the fifth indicator light, and once in LED Ctrl mode, it turns the LEDs off and you have to turn them back on then adjust brightness from there. Same with the RGB mode.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:52:37 by ika »

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #1504 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:46:48 »
You need to enter the LED Ctrl mode first in order to get up and down arrow to work for brightness.

Since you are using the default mapping, you just have to map one function to test it.
Map "FN4" to a key you prefer (bottom row keys etc).

The default LED controls are on Layer FN4. Pressing and holding a key that is mapped to "FN4" will let you use Layer FN4.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:49:55 by rainb1ood »

Offline trevorlolo

« Reply #1505 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 07:27:28 »
Hello, I just saw this group buy and apparently I've missed it - is it true that the next GB for this keyboard is next year??

Yes, that is true, in a sense. The group buy next year will be for the Orion v3, so the next iteration.

So, it might be worth it to wait, but if not, I'm sure you could find someone who'd be willing to sell their board to you.
welp I'll take it as an extra period for me to save up then ;(

Offline E3E

« Reply #1506 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 13:01:03 »
You need to enter the LED Ctrl mode first in order to get up and down arrow to work for brightness.

Since you are using the default mapping, you just have to map one function to test it.

The default LED controls are on Layer FN4. Pressing and holding a key that is mapped to "FN4" will let you use Layer FN4.

I still don't get how these work for my Duck Eagle, I mean... I've used LED control and LED UP and DOWN to no effect, LED CTRL and LED DOWN both turn off the LED; pressing LED control again turns them on again. LED UP does nothing except also turn the LEDs on if they are off after pressing LED DOWN.

In other words, the brightness doesn't seem to work! I'm fine with this on my Eagle as it's pretty much just right for me, but really wish I could adjust it on my Octagon.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #1507 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 13:03:25 »

I still don't get how these work for my Duck Eagle, I mean... I've used LED control and LED UP and DOWN to no effect, LED CTRL and LED DOWN both turn off the LED; pressing LED control again turns them on again. LED UP does nothing except also turn the LEDs on if they are off after pressing LED DOWN.

In other words, the brightness doesn't seem to work! I'm fine with this on my Eagle as it's pretty much just right for me, but really wish I could adjust it on my Octagon.
Maybe it uses different combination to change brightness

Edit: scratch that. You already mentioned the functions itself.

I'll check on it more later when I get home

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1508 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 20:36:47 »
I have an acrylic angled bottom that I'm willing to same. Retail price + shipping.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline omgar

« Reply #1509 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 16:25:08 »
I have an acrylic angled bottom that I'm willing to same. Retail price + shipping.

I'm interested! Can you PM me?

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #1510 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 17:41:20 »
Does anyone want to sell their extra alu or stainless steel plate for Orion v2?

Or elton/anyone: is it possible to still buy a plate from http:/kbd4u.co.kr ?
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 February 2016, 05:26:03 by rainb1ood »

Offline axtran

« Reply #1511 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 23:39:51 »
This is kind of an odd question, but I have the MX PCB leftover from this GB, and was wondering if anyone knows if the switch placements line up with the GON PCB? I was hoping to buy a Crystal TKL housing and use the PCB... ;)
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1512 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 00:58:46 »
This is kind of an odd question, but I have the MX PCB leftover from this GB, and was wondering if anyone knows if the switch placements line up with the GON PCB? I was hoping to buy a Crystal TKL housing and use the PCB... ;)

I was considering approaching SEAL for custom wood work.  Maybe you'd like to give that a try over your gon option if no one comes forward and answers your question. 

Offline axtran

« Reply #1513 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 01:04:04 »

I was considering approaching SEAL for custom wood work.  Maybe you'd like to give that a try over your gon option if no one comes forward and answers your question. 

I asked WKL about the new b.87 housing and Hojin actually knew--no compatibility. :(
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline filphil

« Reply #1514 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 01:20:41 »

I asked WKL about the new b.87 housing and Hojin actually knew--no compatibility. :(

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75471.0

Well... Maybe seal can help then.  I like what was posted but have no information beyond what's posted in that thread. 

Offline Frizer

« Reply #1515 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 13:44:09 »

Offline filphil

« Reply #1516 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:47:02 »
Went to texas for PAX South this past weekend and found this when I went to NASA.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1517 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:01:30 »
Went to texas for PAX South this past weekend and found this when I went to NASA.

Show Image

Dude, THAT is so sick and so fitting!

It'd work for both the Orion and the Mira, though... Well, the Mira...

SPEAK NO EVIL, GENTS!

That patch is fantastic though. If you ever got a custom hard case done by intelli like I have for my Octagon v1, you should definitely consider having them slap that patch on! I got a Jukebox patch made for my Octagon to go with the theme!

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:03:16 by E3E »

Offline filphil

« Reply #1518 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:22:57 »
Yeah man. I saw it and immediately picked it up.

That's a good idea on the case. I'll have to get in touch with intelli

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1519 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:25:23 »

Hmm... I wonder if he'll do a case with the Jane logo.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1520 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:39:29 »

Hmm... I wonder if he'll do a case with the Jane logo.

Most certainly. In my usual fashion of perusing endlessly on the topic of something I want to purchase, I read up a ton of info on his cases, and patches were always offered as a custom option. Just get one made and then send it in and they can sew it right on!

I want to get a case made for my Hammer Alps board, but I'd rather put a stenciled decal [HAMMER] on it with some fabric paint or something. I really don't know how well it'd work and I have an HHKB  case that fits it perfectly for now, but it's an idea I have. I'll have to talk to them about it!

When it comes to patches, you'll just have to source them from a company that can make custom patches for you! I used http://www.mutinyshop.com/ and they were REALLY fantastic and helpful the entire way through.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:41:42 by E3E »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1521 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 04:58:49 »

Show Image

SPEAK NO EVIL, GENTS!

That patch is fantastic though. If you ever got a custom hard case done by intelli like I have for my Octagon v1, you should definitely consider having them slap that patch on! I got a Jukebox patch made for my Octagon to go with the theme!

Show Image

How have I not seen this before? Stunning.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #1522 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 05:39:01 »

E3E I thought I might be able to figure it out but for some reason, my Octagon doesn't want to let me control the LEDs like I used to do it before, I can only go to LED Ctrl mode and lets me turn it on and off and no brightness, I can't even turn it on without going to LED ctrl first, this is weird, I've tried reflashing back to default then back to my custom mapping. Outside of LED Ctrl it used to let me control the LED effects, brightness, etc.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1523 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 06:43:18 »

Show Image

SPEAK NO EVIL, GENTS!

Show Image

Tell me more about this padded keyboard case.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1524 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:32:40 »

Tell me more about this padded keyboard case.

Well, here's the main thread on them! https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56253.300

I saw these on Massdrop once and was like "OMG I NEED ONE FOR MY OCTAGON," so I put up a classified for one here on GeekHack and also on /r/mechmarket, and then intelli chimed in being all NOPE, "there's only been like 1 or 2 of these made for 75%, so you probably won't find one," so eventually I put 2 + 2 together and realized he offered the service for these.

So then came the massive brainstorming session. I bought my Octagon mainly because of Jukebox, and I bought Jukebox mainly because of my Octagon. I thought they just went too well together, so I decided to base my case on the color scheme of Jukebox and rep it hardcore with a patch even!

Somewhere down the line, I thought it'd be sick to have a case for my Lightpad too and have it be a companion to the main case, since the Lightpad really does flesh out the 75% Octagon to a 100%, more or less.

The artisan intelli works with really appreciated the creative ideas and back and forth brainstorming and correspondence we had. Even got a thank you letter with my cases when they were done!

I love them, really. They fit together so well.  Makes me wonder if I should really Alps my Lightpad or not.

Oh well, the v2 is around the horizon, so one can be Alps and the other can be MX. :P

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1525 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:19:50 »
I don't want to leak too much about the next keypad, but I will say it will not be your traditional keypad.  It will be very special, one of the kind keypad with many functions.

The design is not even made yet, so it possibly won't be in the next group buy, rather sometime this year..possibly.

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #1526 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:22:34 »
 ^-^
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:24:16 by SavvyBird »
hi

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1527 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:23:54 »
I don't want to leak too much about the next keypad, but I will say it will not be your traditional keypad.  It will be very special, one of the kind keypad with many functions.

The design is not even made yet, so it possibly won't be in the next group buy, rather sometime this year..possibly.
  ^-^

^-^  ^-^

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #1528 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:24:06 »

we talking bout the split kb?
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1529 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:24:51 »

sweet thanks for the news  ;D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1530 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:25:06 »

No, he's talking about the v2 number pad. The split keyboard is by Vermillion/Zefyr, a completely different guy.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1531 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:26:09 »

Always
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline E3E

« Reply #1532 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 20:46:52 »

With out a doubt a must have, and if it is going to be different in form than the Lightpad, I might not feel so bad changing my original to Alps.

Will it use a new form factor or continue the same PCB design similarly to the Duck Mini > Duck Eagle/Viper?

Sorry, I understand you want to keep this under wraps, haha.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #1533 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 01:04:18 »

I'm looking forward to this new board & hope that I'll be able to get it!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1534 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 03:07:42 »

Another keypad for a TKL Korean custom? :confused: :confused:

Offline Frizer

« Reply #1535 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 04:29:58 »
Starting to get to grips with it now, love this board

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1536 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 14:39:20 »
Starting to get to grips with it now, love this board

Show Image

PLEASE attend a UK meetup with this. Also a tripod wouldn't hurt ;)

If you ever sell it, hit me up.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1537 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 14:49:24 »
If anyone would ever want to let go of a full aluminum Orion v2 with an Alps plate and PCB, hit me up.

This is the only TKL I'd ever bother with, haha.

Offline filphil

« Reply #1538 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 15:13:33 »
If anyone would ever want to let go of a full aluminum Orion v2 with an Alps plate and PCB, hit me up.

That's a super tight request.  Although it IS the sole exception for a TKL I do wish you luck. :thumb:

Offline E3E

« Reply #1539 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 15:17:18 »

That's a super tight request.  Although it IS the sole exception for a TKL I do wish you luck. :thumb:

Oh, I know. I know. I don't plan on it ever being fulfilled, trust me. :P

Offline filphil

« Reply #1540 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:18:55 »
I have a MX steel plate to trade for an aluminum plate if anyone is willing.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1541 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:39:30 »

Oh, I know. I know. I don't plan on it ever being fulfilled, trust me. :P

Slushi has 1 of 5 existing ALPS kits since he took my order.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #1542 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:48:51 »
Anyone willing to sell their keyboard please let me know  ^-^
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:51:04 by SavvyBird »
hi

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1543 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:49:36 »
Anyone willing to part with their keyboard please let me know  ^-^

That's usually not how it works but good luck.

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #1544 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:52:23 »

:( what? i edit it to sell
hi

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1545 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:56:36 »

I just mean in the sense that it's very rare that somebody will approach you to sell the board. If they want to sell it they'll put it up on classifieds or contact a friend first.

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #1546 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 22:00:16 »

I just mean in the sense that it's very rare that somebody will approach you to sell the board. If they want to sell it they'll put it up on classifieds or contact a friend first.

:-[ but but but this is how I got a viper and eagle 2 years back. I know its rare but it doesn't hurt to ask here.
hi

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1547 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 22:01:30 »

:-[ but but but this is how I got a viper and eagle 2 years back. I know its rare but it doesn't hurt to ask here.

It doesn't hurt to ask and I don't mean to discourage you. It's just that a lot of people do the same I never see anything come of it.

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #1548 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 22:03:03 »

It doesn't hurt to ask and I don't mean to discourage you. It's just that a lot of people do the same I never see anything come of it.
we need a revolution, keyboards for everyone  >:D

only if put in an order before I left... I wish I knew it was going to take 8+ months  :'(
hi

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1549 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 22:08:31 »

we need a revolution, keyboards for everyone  >:D

only if put in an order before I left... I wish I knew it was going to take 8+ months  :'(

Haha I'm all for that revolution. It's crazy how this GB took but it's worth it. I really liked my Orion v2 but I had another board that I was hunting down become available.