Author Topic: Beer and Candy Corn.  (Read 50389 times)

Offline el2k

Re: Beer and Candy Corn.
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:23:01 »
The reCAPTCHA is incorrect; please try again.

I don't even... ?
sc00pz for life

Offline el2k

« Reply #301 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:23:24 »
Btw, I'm not being STOOPID, it's not loading for me.. >.<
sc00pz for life

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:23:58 »
took me a few tries. that's a really aggressive captcha.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:30:01 »
Wait wut?  I haven't gotten any emails about a drawing :(

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:31:37 »
It isn't elegant but it will give everyone equal chance per cap. What I'm curious is what happens to the super lucky person that wins 4 or more drawings? Could someone potentially get 8 keys or are they additionally going to limit to only 3 like previous sales? There is a laughable lack of information on how this is supposed to work.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:34:06 »
im still not really sure why people think they are obligated to provide answers to such questions. they're click clacks. what possible reason could they have to discriminate? if you win you win, just be happy with that. if you don't it's REALLY not likely that you're being personally slighted...
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:35:39 »
I hope they can use common sense on the information... I accidentally left a letter off of my "gmail" in my email address in my first entry. If not, oh well.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:39:28 »
I also never got an email that this was starting like they said there would be. Did anyone?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:46:08 »
"Clack Factory keycaps are very limited works of art, and it's the Clack Factory's wish that these not just be sold to the highest bidder (or fastest clicker)."

doesn't matter how loud or often this is said, there are always gonna be some people being total *******s when it comes to click clacks.... but still, it bears repeating.

Offline nntnam

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:47:41 »
Still confused about the rule. Can I submit one drawing for several clacks? Or just one drawing for one clack?
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:48:40 »
Still confused about the rule. Can I submit one drawing for several clacks? Or just one drawing for one clack?

It seems like each one is it's own drawing since it shows the inventory # on the entry page
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:50:55 »
I read each drawing as separate.

"This drawing is for one of several Clack Factory model xx-xx-xx keycaps." and "1. One drawing entry per person."

Each keycap has a separate draw.  As I understand it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:52:50 »
^Same here.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:55:47 »
Also, just got a reply from Brian. He said if you haven't received an email yet, don't worry. They're metering emails so they don't bog down the server.

Offline silat

« Reply #314 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:57:23 »

One entry per CC is the way I read it. And it seems that if someone tries to game the system they will boot them.
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:58:43 »
This is the type of information that I'm referring to that is important yet isn't listed.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:05:18 »
QQ - are we allowed to have a CC on the keyboard we use to sign up or will that affect our eligibility?   
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline nntnam

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:18:22 »
So where should I submit my drawing? Just registered for one skull but I don't see any link that I can submit my drawing after registered.
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:21:46 »
"Clack Factory keycaps are very limited works of art, and it's the Clack Factory's wish that these not just be sold to the highest bidder (or fastest clicker)."

doesn't matter how loud or often this is said, there are always gonna be some people being total *******s when it comes to click clacks.... but still, it bears repeating.

i would say EK would do something about that but......

like the last time "only 1 per style or else we cancel your order" nothing came of it. couple people i know that ordered more than they should have still received their order (of the limit, not of what they ordered). although one said it was a mistake and i believe him.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:24:43 »
well that was mostly directed at the resale market... there's really not much that the only fair source of these other than the man himself can do.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:25:16 »
Too lazy to make Bad luck Brian memes:
Register for eight and win eight. Doesn't eat that week.
Register for eight. Win the one key you don't want.
Just register for the keys you want. Odds too low sucka.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:26:07 »
why would you register for something you dont want, that is a major **** move that shows that all you're interested in doing is flipping keys.

i realize i might come across as caustic toward you specifically -- please keep in mind you have similar questions/concerns regarding these matters as a lot of other members and i am just replying when i see them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #322 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:43:36 »
I'm in two minds to register for Topre aas well as MX.  I'm thinking that if I get MX - great.  But if I get Topre maybe I can trade with someone who got MX but wanted Topre.

Either way I don't think I'd sell them, MX or Topre.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:44:43 »
why would you register for something you dont want, that is a major **** move that shows that all you're interested in doing is flipping keys.
It doesn't have to even be associated with flipping keys.

If all I want is the Oktoberfest key in MX and I don't win it, and didn't enter into the raffle for other keys then I get nothing. However if I win the topre version then I can potentially trade for the MX version. Or any other key could potentially be traded for the one key that I want.

If I personally win a key that I don't want I will sell it at cost to someone that has never had a CC, and obviously currently does not have one. I think there are PLENTY of people who meet this category. It took me about six months after joining geekhack to get my first CC, and it was because someone decided to sell me one almost at cost because I didn't have one, so least I can do is pay that mentality forward. I acquired my second CC due to a very kind trade and only have two keys still.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #324 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:44:45 »
so you're going to make it harder for the people who only registered for topre keys to get what THEY want?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #325 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:45:48 »
so you're going to make it harder for the people who only registered for topre keys to get what THEY want?

been telling people this and they act like im crazy :|

buying topre, BS or MX keys when they dont have the boards.

Offline metafour

« Reply #326 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:46:22 »
I'm in two minds to register for Topre aas well as MX.  I'm thinking that if I get MX - great.  But if I get Topre maybe I can trade with someone who got MX but wanted Topre.

Either way I don't think I'd sell them, MX or Topre.

I bet a lot of people will be doing this.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:47:25 »
Uh, what does the drawing mean? Like do I submit a drawing of something o.o? Or does it mean like it's drawing lots?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:48:12 »
you need to draw a photographic picture of a click clack skull being fed to a cat

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:50:24 »
I thought it was a photo of a clickclack skull being inserted into your rectum?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:51:07 »
i almost said the very same thing :\

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #331 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:51:19 »
you need to draw a photographic picture of a click clack skull being fed to a cat
why do you have to be so mean sth

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:52:11 »
Woah woah dude. Calm your jets, it was just a joke. This thread is getting hostile.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:52:30 »
why do you have to be so mean sth

i hate cats

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:53:43 »
we cant be friends sth.

i like cats.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:53:46 »
if sth was a cat

Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:54:34 »
we cant be friends sth.

i like cats.
i have a cat, she's cool

but mostly i just don't care for them, and some of them give me hives.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:56:39 »
My roommate just bought a bambino.  Yeah, I used to like cats...

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:00:00 »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:01:30 »
Yes because you can't stop everyone from doing it as well. You know people who only want topre will also be trying for the MX keys just in case. I feel like trading is encouraged with CCs so I don't understand why this is a problem. I guess it is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:02:17 »
Yes because you can't stop everyone from doing it as well. You know people who only want topre will also be trying for the MX keys just in case. I feel like trading is encouraged with CCs so I don't understand why this is a problem. I guess it is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.
i sure as hell am not doing that because i'd rather somebody who actually WANTS an MX key gets one without having to pay double shipping just to trade with someone else.

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:02:49 »

So what now I can't see the captcha, a cat ate it

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:03:35 »
Filled form for 1 key
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:04:40 »
Show Image

So what now I can't see the captcha, a cat ate it
it sounds like others have had success with different browsers?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #344 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:08:47 »
recaptcha isn't working in chrome 23 win8

there's just a blank line as above

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:09:33 »
A drawing?? Aww man.

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:10:08 »

[/quote]
[/quote]

this has been tested and proven whoop

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:10:24 »

this has been tested and proven whoop
good luck!

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #348 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:12:23 »
I guess I'm lucky that I didn't try and get my siblings into mechkbs.. we would have to share CCs if that ever happens

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:12:55 »
So I guess we can just register for all the drawings, then?  Isn't clear on that.