Author Topic: Another Greek G81 with sexy dyesubs  (Read 7521 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Another Greek G81 with sexy dyesubs
« on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:00:07 »
Probably go for way too much and some people are probably bidding already, but it's damn cool and has nice sexy thick dyesubs.  It almost appears that the dyesub isn't the traditional black either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHNEIDER-G81-3026-MADE-BY-CHERRY-VINTAGE-AT-KEYBOARD-UNUSED-/191790014488?hash=item2ca7936018:g:OzYAAOSw-zxWo6ct

Offline jacobolus

Re: Another Greek G81 with sexy dyesubs
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:17:31 »
Wow, those are some pretty keycaps. Looks purple to me.

Edit: for posterity, images rehosted:

And for anyone searching, it’s a Schneider/Cherry G81-3026 SAQ /06
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 January 2016, 16:11:01 by jacobolus »

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:18:42 »
I'm too beta for this board

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:19:01 »
Wow, those are some pretty keycaps. Looks purple to me.

Same to me, but that could just be a result of saturation/exposure/lightsource.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:20:43 »
I really do hope I'm not coming across as an ******* by saying this, but in the interest of attempting to save some money..

I'm going to be bidding on this, and my maximum bid will be substantial to say the least. I'm not saying I'll definitely win this, but I'm certain I'll be bidding far more than most members, and there's a good chance I'll be bidding more than anyone.

If you're interested in this and you think you're a serious bidder, please do get in touch. You let me know your max bid and I'll let you know mine.. In the interest of saving the winning bidder some money.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:23:46 »
I really do hope I'm not coming across as an ******* by saying this, but in the interest of attempting to save some money..

I'm going to be bidding on this, and my maximum bid will be substantial to say the least. I'm not saying I'll definitely win this, but I'm certain I'll be bidding far more than most members, and there's a good chance I'll be bidding more than anyone.

If you're interested in this and you think you're a serious bidder, please do get in touch. You let me know your max bid and I'll let you know mine.. In the interest of saving the winning bidder some money.

This some prisoner's dilemma game theory ****.  You have to trust that the other person is being honest in their max bid. 

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:32:44 »
This some prisoner's dilemma game theory ****.  You have to trust that the other person is being honest in their max bid.
Unless you expect the other person to find out Photekq’s price and then just slightly underbid him to be an ******* and bleed him, there shouldn’t be any problem. If the other person finds out Photekq’s bid and then slightly *overbids* him then that person is just being stupid and wasting money. Both of those seem pretty unlikely.

I guess if the eBay seller gets wind of this, they could set him up to pay the max amount.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:35:31 »

If the other person finds out Photekq’s bid and then slightly *overbids* him then that person is just being stupid and wasting money.

That's the part that I'm talking about being game theory.  I could tell you my max bid is $200 when it's really $400 and the other person could truthfully say it's $300.  I then let them place a $200 bid with an autobid up to $300 and at the last minute bid my $400.  It's a situation where you have to completely trust the other person to be honest otherwise the information you share can grossly impact the game.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:42:01 »
That's the part that I'm talking about being game theory.  I could tell you my max bid is $200 when it's really $400 and the other person could truthfully say it's $300.  I then let them place a $200 bid with an autobid up to $300 and at the last minute bid my $400.  It's a situation where you have to completely trust the other person to be honest otherwise the information you share can grossly impact the game.
Well, let's say my max bid were $100 (it's not this, obviously). Someone then tells me their max bid is $50, when in reality it is $75. I would still place my max bid of $100.. I wouldn't go lower just because I know one person is bidding no higher than $50.

If I get outbid.. I get outbid.. The idea isn't for the max bidders to lower their bids due to new knowledge of what other people are bidding. The idea is that people who _know_ they'll be outbid will duck out entirely, resulting in the max bidder not having the max bid pushed up.
github

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:43:18 »
Oh, I feel you'd be honest about it, it's just interesting from a human behavior/game theory perspective.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 00:58:32 »
I could tell you my max bid is $200 when it's really $400 and the other person could truthfully say it's $300.
In that case you’re going to win either way, but...

If you do that, then the other person is going to make their $300 bid, and you’ll make your $400 bid, and now you’ll pay $301 or whatever, whereas if you had been up front about your $400 max, he wouldn’t bid at all and you might end up only paying $50.

The only way someone could really take advantage is if their max bid is really $200, but they claim that it’s $1000, chase Photekq away from bidding at all, and then win the auction at $150 or whatever. But the danger there is that if they don’t actually win the auction and the board goes for $205, Photekq will instantly know that the person is a lying douchebag.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 January 2016, 01:01:56 by jacobolus »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 01:12:40 »
I could tell you my max bid is $200 when it's really $400 and the other person could truthfully say it's $300.
In that case you’re going to win either way, but...

If you do that, then the other person is going to make their $300 bid, and you’ll make your $400 bid, and now you’ll pay $301 or whatever, whereas if you had been up front about your $400 max, he wouldn’t bid at all and you might end up only paying $50.

The only way someone could really take advantage is if their max bid is really $200, but they claim that it’s $1000, chase Photekq away from bidding at all, and then win the auction at $150 or whatever. But the danger there is that if they don’t actually win the auction and the board goes for $205, Photekq will instantly know that the person is a lying douchebag.

You're assuming someone doesn't change their bidding behavior based on the information though.  Remember, when faced with the prisoner's dilemma, people often act against their best interest due to their belief of what the other individual might do.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 03:05:58 »
All we need to assume is that Photekq won’t change his bidding in response to the other person’s answer.

If the other person decides, in response to Photekq’s maximum bid, to increase her own maximum bid, then Photekq might not win an auction that he otherwise would have. However, the winner will still be the high bidder, so I don’t really see the problem. I suspect Photekq would be slightly disappointed but not upset in that case.

Overall, I think you’re grasping at straws. Photekq’s plea on this thread is +EV in almost every circumstance, and you need to hunt for weird pathological cases to find a case where it hurts him.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 03:19:38 »
I'm not gonna bid on this board. This board belongs to photekq  :cool:
And I certainly can't win even if I bid on this one  :'(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 03:35:34 »
Overall, I think you’re grasping at straws. Photekq’s plea on this thread is +EV in almost every circumstance, and you need to hunt for weird pathological cases to find a case where it hurts him.

That's not what I'm doing or saying at all.  If you look at what I said earlier:

Oh, I feel you'd be honest about it, it's just interesting from a human behavior/game theory perspective.

I'm merely stating that that kind of proposal is interesting from a game theory perspective as a hypothetical since you have to assume that the other person is telling the truth in order to reach the optimal outcome for yourself.  Both actors have to decide whether they're going to trust the other, they have to decide if they're going to be honest with the other, they have to decide what their max is and if the information given by the other affects that, they have to factor in exogenous actors and if those will affect their bidding process, and then, if they assume dishonesty on behalf of the other agent, have to strategize how to maximize their own behavior for the desirable outcome while minimizing the cost.

Of course, if you'd rather pervert my interest, feel free to keep doing so.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 03:37:11 »
Good luck photekq, take some nice pictures! If I had the money I'd buy this board just for those beautiful caps

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 18:01:42 »

That's not what I'm doing or saying at all.  If you look at what I said earlier:

I'm merely stating that that kind of proposal is interesting from a game theory perspective as a hypothetical since you have to assume that the other person is telling the truth in order to reach the optimal outcome for yourself.  Both actors have to decide whether they're going to trust the other, they have to decide if they're going to be honest with the other, they have to decide what their max is and if the information given by the other affects that, they have to factor in exogenous actors and if those will affect their bidding process, and then, if they assume dishonesty on behalf of the other agent, have to strategize how to maximize their own behavior for the desirable outcome while minimizing the cost.

Of course, if you'd rather pervert my interest, feel free to keep doing so.
The game theory aspect of bidding like this is interesting as it's the same in real estate contract negotiations.  In fact, it's always a game in real estate.  You post a $1.69M selling price and the buyer gives you an offer for $1.2M.  It's anyone's guess where the potential deal really is, but it's usually somewhere in the middle.

Now if the seller doesn't budge, then the buyer won't, but if they really do want to buy it at say $1.4M, you'll hear from them after a week or so.  And then game begins on seeing who's really interested in doing what.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 12:22:37 »
Got it.
github

Offline geniekid

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 13:00:48 »

Offline jd29

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 13:08:59 »
And at a paltry $4/cap. Very nice anyway, I hope you take a bunch of sexy pictures when you get it  :)

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 13:18:10 »
I actually considered bidding, but decided I'd be content with my regular ansi dyesubs  :))

I wonder who jumped the price up from 260 to 430...either way still a nice grab especially for that particular board. can't wait for dramatic photos photekq!

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 15:25:50 »
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 15:35:12 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 17:12:21 »
Congrates photekq  :thumb:

Offline sintklaas73

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 12:51:34 »
love cherry dyesub, specially when brand new! but not at this price...