Author Topic: Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!  (Read 44659 times)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!
« on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 20:33:00 »
Hey Guys!

As a lifelong Star Wars fan and in anticipation of the new movie, I made an Ewok keycap! To debut it, I figured I'd do a giveaway to get my Christmas Spirit flowing!

Rules are simple... just nerd out on Star Wars! Post artwork, fan fiction, Star Wars related memories... whatever! I only require that whatever you post is your original work.

On Monday at noon (central), I'll pick a winner and send out a keywok! :D

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:23:49 by Booper »
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:46:20 »
inb4 jokrik's literal army of Stormtroopers  :))

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:49:03 »
Holy crap these are fantastic!

Must...create....

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:49:25 »
yay giveaways! Will fill out later :)

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:51:42 »
This is beautiful work of art! Man! Does my avatar count (it's a Lego snow speeder pilot). I have to figure out something!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:53:31 »
Big star wars fan here, I don't have a "collection" or anything but I enjoy the series. Before my dad and brother passed away we used to watch the movies alot. My brother let me skip school to go see The Phantom Menace when it came out.

I'm also a Storm Trooper nerd (og storm trooper>the new one)

Couldn't find an OG helmet so had to settle

Bonus: I have the worst birthday ever
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:55:37 by tigersharkdude »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:56:51 »

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:01:23 »
Holding this spot for either a fanfic or a KOTOR related story. I'm gonna get full use out of the HHKB I got in the mail today.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:01:57 »
I really wish I had a cool story for this, but I do have a lot of memories. Star Wars is the one thing my dad and I share together. I've got a beaten up VHS set of the original trilogy sitting on the bookcase next to me, the first movies I remember watching (and ones I've seen maybe fifty times each). I've still got my CommTech Reader from when the first movie came out that I used to run around and pretend to use as a walkie talkie and talk to Qui-Gon Jinn (RIP). I'm actually wearing my "Merry Sith-mas" sweater right now. I mean seriously, less than a week until the next movie comes out.  Every May 4th (whatever weekend is closest to it), I drive home to visit my dad and we drink beer and watch the trilogy together. Truly something I've been able to bring with me from childhood, and something I'm always thankful for. Even as I get old and start my family, Star Wars is something I can go to and pretend I'm a kid again. Massive Star Wars nerd even nearly two decades after seeing the original trilogy the first time. I would leave this cap on my board and never take it off.

On a less serious note, I used to poke my sister with the duster and make Ewok noises growing up. She still loves me?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:03:27 »
My boy right here:

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Belfong

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:06:57 »
I need dis...

Imma jus leave dis right here tho
that's brilliant! The guy should get a keywok!!!

Offline harlw

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:13:15 »
uhhhh, wub, wub!
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:13:51 »
He sits there alone, his shoulders hunched as he rereads the script hes read hundreds of times. A half empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the table, a haze of smoke from the cigarettes burning in the ashtray. George Lucas stares at the script for the Phantom Menace. A single tear falls down as he remembers the cries of a million nerds scream in a rage at his work. How was he suppose to know that the fans would hate the prequels? His life work was forever tainted by this single decision to make another movie after he had made such a critically acclaimed series. Now he had been approached to make another trilogy.... Why? He takes another swig from his bottle and settles back down in his chair, eyes gazing towards the ceiling. He loved the franchise but he was too burnt from everything to continue his work, the task was too great to make another trilogy that would satisfy the fans. Lucas's eyes dart down towards the script as he lights another Dunhill cigarette, the sweet taste of it calming his nerves. He glances over at his collection of awards as he sighs, realizing the folly of his ways. There's no way out.

Suddenly his phone rings, he looks down at the screen. Its a blocked number.

TO BE CONTINUED

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:16:35 by Hexterdude »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:19:07 »
Wow, so much I could share, from my childhood, to my collection of 90/2000s toy collection or all of my collector series Lego pieces. But that is not the best story or thing I have to share. I have two boys 8 and 5 and this will be their Star Wars moment. They have watched the movies, and the cartoons, they like the old movies. They don't love them. But they are genuinely excited for next week. They get to see Star Wars in the theater for the first time in their lives. (I am really hoping they want to watch the old movies again after going and seeing the new one) I get to geek out with them over this. They have been asking questions galore over the last few weeks, they are more excited about marking off the calendar for next Thursday rather before opening their Star Wars Lego Advent calendar. It's exciting. I am a happy dad.

Ok I'll share one thing. I've been holding on to this shoe box full of old Wizards movie cards. They aren't the best quality card but still fun. Yesterday after school we sat down and opened up enough packs to complete a full set of cards. The rest we will be handing out at the movie theater we go to.

Sorry for the crap pic

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:24:26 »
119629-0I went and started watching all the Star Wars movies again before the new one, (og. 3, just watched 4th) and I was watching the phantom menace two nights ago, and I realised, they really skimped on the trees in the huge battle scene, and the scenery on the over populated building planet thing's scenery changed every scene.
That's my entry I guess...

Yub Nub!
Paploo is the best!

Edit, I've always liked Lego. And Ewoks. And Lego Ewoks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:38:28 by Deductivemonkee »
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:27:02 »
Oh my god Booper, this is amazing! I remember seeing your first astronaut keycaps (and actually winning the first one  ;D) So amazed at your improvements over the months!

As for Star Wars memories...truthfully the biggest impact Star Wars had on my life was probably opening up the world of film to me. It got me into watching movies, reading about movies, learning about the film process and generally appreciating film as an art form.

Once again, great work on the caps! They look fantastic  :thumb:
All the kustom 60s

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:27:52 »
I'm not going to try for these, still feeling wayyyyy too lucky with Bowie Monkey, but these are astonishing. The detail is absolutely incredible. The winners are very lucky folks  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:30:27 »
Alright, so in my half-asleep state I thought this was all I had.

Then I remembered I have quite a bit more than that.

Luke Skywalker bent a bit out of shape.

Everybody gets along with Overlord Skywalker watching them.

My first Star Wars lego set, the Rebel Blockade Runner.

My last Star Wars Lego set, and my crowning achievement in Legos: the second Death Star (the back part looks like it's under construction).

I used to have an AT-AT (disassembled), Emperor Palpatine's ship (photo not taken), and the Imperial Star Destroyer (destroyed years ago by my younger brother).
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:40:02 by FLFisherman »

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:34:41 »
Dang, these are amazing booper! I don't have any skillz so I'll just tell you about some star wars memories. I know I'll probably get hate for loving the planet menace but I was like 9 years old when it came out and went to see it with my dad(who loved the originals). It was one of the greatest moments of my child hood. I went on to name my dog leia and dress up as darth maul for Halloween that year haha. Very good memories.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:37:16 »
I didn't get what the big deal was. I watched one movie, Return of the Jedi, and thought it was okay.

Then one Christmas an uncle of mine, who is a HUGE fan, gave me a gift card to Best Buy. This was the year the DVDs released. So...what? 2004? I saw this as an opportunity to honor his gift and got the DVD set. When I watched all of them is when I was hooked. I forced my family down to watch them with me. I bought the little figures to decorate my dorm room. I geeked out with my roommates about Episode III until we all finally went to go watch it together.
The original Cartoon Network Clone Wars also came out around the same time and I bought them on DVD, the sets of which I still have to this day.
For months I mercilessly forced friends and family to play no other Monopoly version than the Star Wars Saga edition.

Years later, like everyone else, I'm still a fan (shoot, I was watching the first before I paused to check this). I even had the main theme played at our wedding when we exited the church.

I got tickets for the digital version--not 3D, thank you very much--for The Force Awakens the day they were available, and my daughter even knows the correct quotation: "No, I am your father."

I love Star Wars. Even though Edward Scissorhands is my favorite film, Star Wars comes in close second and is easily my favorite franchise.

I love Star Wars.

Sorry for the long post. I'm a little tipsy so I had to go back and edit. A lot.
Also forgot to mention that I even auditioned for this film a couple of years ago. I obviously didn't make it.
But...I love Star Wars?
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:58:51 by romevi »

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:40:07 »
Oh wow! I'm not sure I knew what I was getting myself into! I can already tell it's going to be super difficult to pick a winner!!!

I need dis...

Imma jus leave dis right here tho

LOL! I enjoyed that

Big star wars fan here, I don't have a "collection" or anything but I enjoy the series. Before my dad and brother passed away we used to watch the movies alot. My brother let me skip school to go see The Phantom Menace when it came out.

I'm also a Storm Trooper nerd (og storm trooper>the new one)

Couldn't find an OG helmet so had to settle
Show Image

Cute shirt too! I'll have to post my modest collection at the end of this!

Wow, so much I could share, from my childhood, to my collection of 90/2000s toy collection or all of my collector series Lego pieces. But that is not the best story or thing I have to share. I have two boys 8 and 5 and this will be their Star Wars moment. They have watched the movies, and the cartoons, they like the old movies. They don't love them. But they are genuinely excited for next week. They get to see Star Wars in the theater for the first time in their lives. (I am really hoping they want to watch the old movies again after going and seeing the new one) I get to geek out with them over this. They have been asking questions galore over the last few weeks, they are more excited about marking off the calendar for next Thursday rather before opening their Star Wars Lego Advent calendar. It's exciting. I am a happy dad.

Ok I'll share one thing. I've been holding on to this shoe box full of old Wizards movie cards. They aren't the best quality card but still fun. Yesterday after school we sat down and opened up enough packs to complete a full set of cards. The rest we will be handing out at the movie theater we go to.

Sorry for the crap pic

Ah, I love this! The idea of being able to share something like that with fresh and eager little minds is heartwarming! Enjoy it man. One day they will be nerding out over Star Wars too!

My boy right here:

Show Image

*heart melts*

He sits there alone, his shoulders hunched as he rereads the script hes read hundreds of times. A half empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the table, a haze of smoke from the cigarettes burning in the ashtray. George Lucas stares at the script for the Phantom Menace. A single tear falls down as he remembers the cries of a million nerds scream in a rage at his work. How was he suppose to know that the fans would hate the prequels? His life work was forever tainted by this single decision to make another movie after he had made such a critically acclaimed series. Now he had been approached to make another trilogy.... Why? He takes another swig from his bottle and settles back down in his chair, eyes gazing towards the ceiling. He loved the franchise but he was too burnt from everything to continue his work, the task was too great to make another trilogy that would satisfy the fans. Lucas's eyes dart down towards the script as he lights another Dunhill cigarette, the sweet taste of it calming his nerves. He glances over at his collection of awards as he sighs, realizing the folly of his ways. There's no way out.

Suddenly his phone rings, he looks down at the screen. Its a blocked number.

TO BE CONTINUED

HA! Well done! Got a good laugh out of that.

---

Keep it coming folks! SO MUCH STAR WARS LOVE!!!!!!!

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:46:44 »
I'll never forget the first time I saw Episode IV. I was sitting with my dad the day after he got back from a year long deployment, retired US Navy vet, and the opening scene stretches across the screen. The massive spaceship covered every square inch of that tiny tube TV.

My jaw remain dropped for the rest of the movie and I swore when I got older that I was going to be Luke Skywalker because he could stop all of the bad guys and then my dad could stay home forever. It legitimately holds a special place in my heart to this day.

Thanks for doing this, Booper. The craftsmanship in these keys is impeccable.
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:10:40 »

First person I thought of! :)) :p

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:25:57 »
Guys....My parents bought me a Jar Jar Binks t-shirt in The Phantom Menace days for Christmas sometime around 1999 when the movie was released. They never saw the movie or knew who Jar Jar was, but they knew I was into Star Wars so they figured it was a perfect gift idea. I have no pictures of this because I never wore it or acknowledged its existence until right now today. I felt really bad for my parents...

So that's my Christmas related Star Wars story.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline MustacheRabbit

• My friends just don't understand
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:28:50 »
My biggest Star Wars involvement had to be running a server for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

Those games were what put me on the path that I am today, computer programming and whatnot. I had done some modding and skinning as a kid when I ran the server and that really got me interested in the field. I ended up going to high school and taking a graphic design course, then a game design course, then I went to college for game programming! I was living one of my childhood dreams until I realized that I didn't like the volatility of the market. I am still a software engineer, but just not working on games professionally.

Back to Star Wars though, one of my favorite creations was an invisible lightsaber for moderators to slice the entire server in one swoop. This was just in case there was a deathmatch going on instead of the normal dueling. It seems weird now to think that people would play with order and manners, but that was really what the entire community was all about back then. You engaged 1v1 in duels and practiced your lightsaber skills, combos, etc. Past that, community events were always fun too.

In terms of physical star wars things, I was able to nab a stormtrooper helmet coin bank back in 2011 from Disneyland, and I still use it. It often is a background item in any skype calls or videos I do.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:42:39 »
My Star Wars memory is this... When I was a young teen we had AOL, back in the days before it even has a browser and you only got 5 hours of usage a month (every minute after that was 10 cents).

At that time there were very few chat rooms, even though they were almost the only thing you could do on AOL. I was a huge fan at the time, and was plowing through the various books (Timothy Zahn trilogy FTW), so all I wanted to do was go online in the precious few minutes a week my father allowed for me to use AOL and chat Star Wars. However, there was no chat room. They had Star Trek, and if you hung out there you would occasionally see people reference the elusive "private" chat room, Star Wars.

So I would go there, and it was amazing to talk with other people around the world about my passion at the time. Usually there were 3-4 other people, but sometimes there were none. When that happened, I was sad, because it meant for those moments I was basically the only person in the entire internet at the time who wanted to chat about Star Wars. At the same time I look back, and it's fun to think I was the only Star Wars nerd online during those periods, and that amuses me.
"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:59:00 »

:-* :-* :-* :-*

There is one thing which remains my best decision of my life

I wanted to include a star wars theme stuff in my wedding
I didn't think my bride allow me to wear trooper costume on the wedding day, and I don't think I can opt for star wars style table arrangement
So I bought a star wars lego, a vader, a snow and storm trooper
Asked the decoration lady to make me a boutonnieres for me and my best men, and stick the lego on them
Happy days! :)

boutonniere by Hanshen, on Flickr

the boutonnieres was so popular on the day, even more popular than the bride's flower

My best men kept it as a token, and I framed mine and will forever be in my star wars display case

boutonniere-2 by Hanshen, on Flickr

and now we live happily ever after
the end

;)

Edit: just found this, here's a photo of my ma putting on the boutonniere on me during the morning ceremony  :-[

More

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:04:21 by jokrik »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:02:03 »

I didn't think my bride allow me to wear trooper costume on the wedding day, and I don't think I can opt for star wars style table arrangement
Asked the decoration lady to make me a boutonnieres for me and my best men, and stick the lego on them

Show Image

the boutonnieres was so popular on the day, even more popular than the bride's flower

My best men kept it as a token, and I framed mine and will forever be in my star wars display case

Show Image

the end

;)

Breh, that's awesome. I was ecstatic when my wife agreed to let the main theme be played at our ceremony. Can't imagine the joy you must've felt.
I really hope you win a Keywok.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:05:44 »
Breh, that's awesome. I was ecstatic when my wife agreed to let the main theme be played at our ceremony. Can't imagine the joy you must've felt.

What?? You guys played the main theme at the ceremony??
SO JELLY

I've to keep the bride happy after all -_- she chose all the songs

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:07:37 »

What?? You guys played the main theme at the ceremony??
SO JELLY

I've to keep the bride happy after all -_- she chose all the songs

Yup! See above. ;)

Offline MustacheRabbit

• My friends just don't understand
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:12:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

the end

;)

Edit: just found this, here's a photo of my ma putting on the boutonniere on me during the morning ceremony  :-[

More
Show Image

That is the best theme for a wedding I can imagine. Just imagine if there were flower girls with Princess Leia's cinnamon bun hair prancing around...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:16:38 »
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. My wife and I had two weddings, one for the families, and then we went to Jamaica and got married on the beach.

Well, for our family wedding, we had a smallish ceremony in her aunt's backyard. I walked down the aisle to the Imperial March. It was the coolest feeling ever.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:30:02 »
Wow. I never even wanted any artisan cap before I saw these.

I can't help feeling disadvantaged because plenty of people are good at telling and/or creating stories and that's not one of my strengths. I will say however that this has to be one of the funniest things ever:

Also, my four year old son is already caught up in the hype surrounding the new movie. He's getting some Star Wars toys for his birthday tomorrow but I don't know if he'll recognise all of them. We watched part of "A New Hope" together a couple of nights ago. He was a bit scared but it didn't dampen his enthusiasm any. Most of the shows he normally watches are simple kids stuff where the title of the show is the name of the hero(es) and its always clear who are the goodie-guys and who are the baddie-guys, so ... I had to stifle a laugh when, during the lightsaber training scene on board the Millennium Falcon, withe Luke, Obiwan, Han, R2, and 3PO all present he asks me "which ones are the Star Wars guys?"

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:37:03 »
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. My wife and I had two weddings, one for the families, and then we went to Jamaica and got married on the beach.

Well, for our family wedding, we had a smallish ceremony in her aunt's backyard. I walked down the aisle to the Imperial March. It was the coolest feeling ever.

What? You had the Imperial March as your theme?!
That's the song I have set to my ringtone for whenever my dad calls. When it plays and someone hears and smirks, I simply say, "Oh, it's my father."

Wow. I never even wanted any artisan cap before I saw these.

I can't help feeling disadvantaged because plenty of people are good at telling and/or creating stories and that's not one of my strengths. I will say however that this has to be one of the funniest things ever:

Never gets old. Can't believe how old it is now.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:41:11 »
Holy crap, those are awesome.  I may not be able to match Jokrik in Star Wars nerdiness, but it was a huge part of my life growing up.

Like most kids, I grew up loving dinosaurs.  I had an encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs, their Latin names, what they ate, what they looked like, and so on.  At some point of my childhood, that transferred to Star Wars.  I was a voracious reader and the Star Wars books became my thing to read.  I read every Star Wars book my library had, then I checked them out again to read them and re-immerse myself in the story lines.  I fell in awe of Thrawn, came to love Mara Jade, felt sympathy for Boba Fett, and just got lost in the universe.  I would fall asleep reading the Star Wars The Essential Guide to books, absorbing the universe and the lore.  I still have all the guide to books from my childhood:

I fell in love with the visuals of the movies and would them again and again on VHS, even if they were the awful Special Edition.  While everyone was arguing about who shot first, I decried the overuse of CG special effects, the remaking of Jabba, the addition of the silly exploding ring, and the all around over the top effects that were added that ruined the immersive experience.  I remember watching Ewoks - The Battle for Endor whenever it was on TV and renting it from Blockbuster.  I had already been amused by the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi, but Wicket won my heart.  It was nothing amazing, but I still fell in love with it.  Then the biggest disappointment of my life came with Star Wars Episode 1.  Somehow I convinced my mom to take a 6th grade or teenage me to go see it on opening day.  I was thrilled because it was Star Wars, something that was an integral part of my identity growing up.  Then came the bumbling battle droids and Jar Jar Binks.  I still loved Star Wars, but, gradually, George Lucas was chipping away at the awe that I had built for it.

At some point in grade school, I discovered the Star Wars CCG.  I scrimped and I saved to go out and buy the cards.  I rarely got to play with them since not many people played the game, but I still have all my cards in two shoe boxes to this day.  Some of the highlights:

Once a month, after saving up my allowance and doing random chores to earn more money, I would hop on my bike, ride down the hill from my house, and buy as many packs as I could afford.  I remember the amazingly generous comic store owner who would see the disappointment in my face when, on occasion, I'd have to put back a pack because I was a little short and give me the packs at a $0.50 or so loss.  I nerded out over them so much that I did a hobby report in 6th grade on my Star Wars CCG cards.  I remember writing to Decipher to get more information about the game and they sent me back a massive packet of information, handwritten notes, and just all around awesomeness.  I know I have that note somewhere still.

That nerdiness stayed with me throughout college and grad school.  If I had to take a flight, it was a Star Wars book I would take with me.  I still check out the Star Wars books from my library whenever new ones come in.  My friends in grad school noticed, hence why one of them drew this little caricature:

And I got this bigass First Order Trooper for my birthday this year (Ewok Pez Dispenser for scale):

Anyways, that's just a small bit of my Star Wars nerdiness.  Your KeyWok would just be another piece of that huge long geeked out history for me.

Obligatory creepy Wicket gif:

More
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 08:41:16 by nubbinator »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:44:08 »
You know, seeing this thread flooded with people who loves star wars in GH already made my day!
I'm not the only one  :'(  :'(

#brohug all of you

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:51:36 »
Holy crap, those are awesome.  I may not be able to match Jokrik in Star Wars nerdiness, but it was a huge part of my life growing up.

Like most kids, I grew up loving dinosaurs.  I had an encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs, their Latin names, what they ate, what they looked like, and so on.  At some point of my childhood, that transferred to Star Wars.  I was a voracious reader and the Star Wars books became my thing to read.  I read every Star Wars book my library had, then I checked them out again to read them and re-immerse myself in the story lines.  I fell in awe of Thrawn, came to love Mara Jade, felt sympathy for Boba Fett, and just got lost in the universe.  I would fall asleep reading the Star Wars The Essential Guide to books, absorbing the universe and the lore.  I still have all the guide to books from my childhood:

Show Image

I fell in love with the visuals of the movies and would them again and again on VHS, even if they were the awful Special Edition.  While everyone was arguing about who shot first, I decried the overuse of CG special effects, the remaking of Jabba, the addition of the silly exploding ring, and the all around over the top effects that were added that ruined the immersive experience.  I remember watching Ewoks - The Battle for Endor whenever it was on TV and renting it from Blockbuster.  I had already been amused by the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi, but Wicket won my heart.  It was nothing amazing, but I still fell in love with it.  Then the biggest disappointment of my life came with Star Wars Episode 1.  Somehow I convinced my mom to take a 6th grade or teenage me to go see it on opening day.  I was thrilled because it was Star Wars, something that was an integral part of my identity growing up.  Then came the bumbling battle droids and Jar Jar Binks.  I still loved Star Wars, but, gradually, George Lucas was chipping away at the awe that I had built for it.

At some point in grade school, I discovered the Star Wars CCG.  I scrimped and I saved to go out and buy the cards.  I rarely got to play with them since not many people played the game, but I still have all my cards in two shoe boxes to this day.  Some of the highlights:

Show Image

Show Image

Once a month, after saving up my allowance and doing random chores to earn more money, I would hop on my bike, ride down the hill from my house, and buy as many packs as I could afford.  I remember the amazingly generous comic store owner who would see the disappointment in my face when, on occasion, I'd have to put back a pack because I was a little short and give me the packs at a $0.50 or so loss.  I nerded out over them so much that I did a hobby report in 6th grade on my Star Wars CCG cards.  I remember writing to Decipher to get more information about the game and they sent me back a massive packet of information, handwritten notes, and just all around awesomeness.  I know I have that note somewhere still.

That nerdiness stayed with me throughout college and grad school.  If I had to take a flight, it was a Star Wars book I would take with me.  I still check out the Star Wars books from my library whenever new ones come in.  And I got this bigass First Order Trooper for my birthday this year (Ewok Pez Dispenser for scale):

Show Image

Anyways, that's just a small bit of my Star Wars nerdiness.  Your KeyWok would just be another piece of that huge long geeked out history for me.

Obligatory creepy Wicket gif:

More
Show Image

I loved reading this! I hope you win one, too. Part of me regrets not getting into Star Wars earlier (the earliest one I saw in theaters was AotC (though it could've been Phantom, if the girl I asked agreed)), but that's how my life developed and I'm just glad I got into it at all, and married someone who supports me in all my hobbies and interests.

BtW, I love the First Order Stormtrooper designs. Nothing can take away from the classic armor, but the sleekness of the new outfit is just darn sexy.

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 01:53:53 »
this makes me so sad I had to leave behind my star wars lego when moving out.

Also, amazing stuff Jokrik, I can't even get my girlfriend to watch star wars...

Offline rjmana

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 03:01:24 »
I have Star Wars to thank for the best relationship ever! I'm not going to go with saying what Star Wars stuff i have, or what i loved about the movies... or how the expanded universe was the best thing that Disney killed (it really was), but rather, how Star Wars kickstarted the best period in my life. :) I came out of a terrible long term relationship and was only just recovering. Took to online dating and came across the profile of a beautiful lady that oddly enough asked the question "Who was your favorite star wars character?" Answered that (Vader and Boba Fett... maybe Mara Jade too), and it led to more geeking out over Star Wars and so many other things we clicked on! :D It stemmed a whirlwind courtship that has led to the best year of my life and to what I'm definitely seeing as a lifetime of love and fun! So Nikki, since I know you stalk my online profiles - I love you! I look forward to our years together :D

and little tokens of our geeking out http://i.imgur.com/rZnfSKu.jpg

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 03:22:41 »
I grew up loving the original StarWars movies, but I'm not even going to try to compete with some of these other stories.

Just wanted to say that these are amazing  :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline soilheart

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 03:57:18 »
Well, with the stories told I feel I've lost already.

I've always been a fan of Lucasfilm movies, during my teens my father used to give me one box of movies (Episode IV-VI, Indiana Jones) or one Star Wars prequel each Christmas as a gift. Probably because he loved Lucasfilm movies just as much as I did (or quite possibly, it's the other way, that he was the one who sparked my interest and love of the movies) and wanted to watch them on his home cinema. So while I don't have a lot of merch (or any really), I recall all of the Star Wars movies (yes, all of them) with fondness, much because it's something I have in common with the rest of my family (my little brother who is nearing his twenties still have his Star Wars Lego's on a shelf in his room ^^).
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 04:28:56 »
cool collections and stories people  :thumb:

here's an original artwork for this thread  :):blank:

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 04:42:33 »
**** ewoks.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 04:50:49 »
Man, my fondest memories of Star Wars would have to be the whole merchandising that was around when I was a kid, all the candy, figurines and pez dispensers!

One of my best friends cried when he watched the new trailer for the Force Awakens, if anyone deserves an Eewok, it's him. He even has a crazy ass pinball machine that his Dad bought for him on his 5th or 6th birthday.

It looks exactly like this

Believe it or not, the it actually has mech switches that look like Alps on the buttons, I'll have to get some close up pics of it when I'm over his place next.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 05:41:30 »
Hey Guys!

As a lifelong Star Wars fan and in anticipation of the new movie, I made an Ewok keycap! To debut it, I figured I'd do a giveaway to get my Christmas Spirit flowing!

Rules are simple... just nerd out on Star Wars! Post artwork, fan fiction, Star Wars related memories... whatever! I only require that whatever you post is your original work.

On Monday at noon (central), I'll pick a winner and send out a keywok! :D

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

pooh oooh haha yes fan girls included boops I have some costumes I need to post haha

Bopper these are off the freaking chain hun  :p omggggggggggggggggggffffgfggggggg
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 05:59:35 »
I was never a fan of Star Wars so I'll stay out of this one. I'm seeing some nice pictures so far.
And the keycaps look great.  ;) :thumb:

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:02:12 »
For me Star Wars has a special place, they are related to one of my happiest moments as a child. I grew up in a communist country under a totalitarian regime, a lot of things were forbidden, but from time to time some things slipped the "Big Brother" system.
It was in 1984 (yeah it took 4 years to reach us ...), I remember it was winter and snowing and my father took me to see "The Empire Strikes Back", it's the first film I remember seeing in cinema, I was almost 5 at that time. Outside it was a blizzard and in the cinema was freezing cold but it's the best memory I have as a child. 
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline mrsmana

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:13:34 »
I have Star Wars to thank for the best relationship ever! I'm not going to go with saying what Star Wars stuff i have, or what i loved about the movies... or how the expanded universe was the best thing that Disney killed (it really was), but rather, how Star Wars kickstarted the best period in my life. :) I came out of a terrible long term relationship and was only just recovering. Took to online dating and came across the profile of a beautiful lady that oddly enough asked the question "Who was your favorite star wars character?" Answered that (Vader and Boba Fett... maybe Mara Jade too), and it led to more geeking out over Star Wars and so many other things we clicked on! :D It stemmed a whirlwind courtship that has led to the best year of my life and to what I'm definitely seeing as a lifetime of love and fun! So Nikki, since I know you stalk my online profiles - I love you! I look forward to our years together :D

and little tokens of our geeking out http://i.imgur.com/rZnfSKu.jpg

For the record,my dear, I do not stalk your online profiles, I simply click the links you send me, and figure out who you are based on your use of the same name everywhere. :p Also, I asked who IS your favorite Star Wars character, and you were the only one that did not answer Dark (sic) Vader (horrors!) or Luke Skywalker or Yoda. So it became interesting to talk to you. And since you've referenced a lifetime together, I would like to make the assumption that THAT was your marriage proposal and shall now use mrsmana.  ;D Love you back. And that's the only reason I made this profile  ;D

And my everyday trinkets to match yours:
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:29:42 by mrsmana »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:30:51 »
Nice booper first off as with most I was a star wars lover growing up I think the first thing I remember off it was my 6th I want to say 6th christmas in which my parents got me both a power of the force x-wing and tie fighter along with pilot luke and stormtrooper and a copy of star wars a new hope on VHS, the gold box one if I remember loved that tape.

Anyway just got a Nerf first order stormtrooper blaster a few days ago will grab a photo and its pretty awesome I would recommend it to anyone for some foam dart shooting fun, looks the part too!

Anyway as for my most recent star wars add it would be:

And we all know why stormtroopers can't hit anything too:

Otherwise waiting on a SHfiguarts First Order Stormtrooper after christmas to come, and the movie too :) but I won't see it until a few days after it comes out so no spoilers geekhack

Ohh also anyone else opening the Lego star wars advent calendar this year, just got a star destroyer today  :p

PS: I hope nubbs win's because he had a idea for a ewok keycap like 5 months ago in the clack thread so hopefully he gets one :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:39:50 »
My boy right here:

Show Image

Little JD shot first? So cute!