Author Topic: A brief introduction of keyboards  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Yilin Wei

A brief introduction of keyboards
« on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 01:23:56 »
Types of keyboards
Most computer users use the standard keyboard, which connects to the computer. Although there are many types of a computer keyboards, such are as follows:

1. Flexible keyboard: It is a kind of keyboard that is lightweight and composed of soft silicone. It does not require continuous cleaning and is resistant to dust and water. It functions exactly like a regular keyboard and attaches to the computer using a USB serial connector. Compared to a conventional keyboard, these keyboards may also be more resilient in some aspects.

Soft silicone, which is used to create the flexible keyboard, protects it against a variety of chemicals. For instance, the silicone covering of the keyboard offers excellent spill protection if you use it next to liquid spaces. Additionally, it is also known as a quiet keyboard because it is silent when in use.

2. Ergonomic Keyboard: Your posture will benefit from this kind of keyboard. It is made to suit you easily, be simple to use, and lessen strain rather than requiring you to alter yourself to fit the keyboard. It is made in such a way that users can straighten their hands instead of bending them. The space bar is typically larger on an electronic keyboard than it is on a traditional keyboard, enabling quick typing.

3. Wireless Keyboard: It is a keyboard that can wirelessly connect to laptops, tablets, and desktop PCs. For establishing connections with devices, it employs Bluetooth, IR, or radio frequency (RF) technologies. The wireless keyboard gives customers flexibility and portability so they can move it around without having to put it on a desk. Its extended lifespan is increased by the stainless steel used in its construction. By connecting the USB receiver to the computer, it is quite simple to set up.

As it is based on infrared technology, it uses light waves to convey signals to other infrared-enabled devices. Some wireless keyboards work with radio frequency technology, which transmits information using signals that have a frequency range of 27 MHz to 2.4 GHz.

Mechanical Keyboard: It is a high-quality product that is frequently used in both the home and the workplace. It is built with excellent durability, reactivity, and longevity in mind. For the best gaming and typing performance, it offers a clear click sound, mild resistance, and improved feedback. In comparison to conventional rubber dome keyboards, it offers improved framing, switches, type print methods, functionality, PCB board, key construction, LED lighting, and more.

5. Virtual Keyboard: It is a software-based keyboard that enables users to type without the need for physical keys. It is an alternative to a physical keyboard or a digital representation of a QWERTY keyboard. These types of keyboards commonly have many pages of characters, including numbers, letters, punctuation, and symbols. Some virtual

keyboards also include options to insert emojis, stickers, or animated GIFs on the basis of the device's operating system. The devices that contained virtual keyboards are tablets, smartphones, and other portable devices because these devices do not require the constant use of a physical keyboard.

Easybom, an international integrated service provider for the electronics industry, persists in pursuing the concept of "win-win". If you want to get more detailed information about the keyboards, you can look here to see the different types of keyboards.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: A brief introduction of keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 08:02:29 »

Quote from: Anonymous Coward circa 2011:

I feel ashamed when I see a grown up man say things like "…. a sharp drop at the actuation point at around 2/3 - 3/4 way down the ...."

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than yammering away on the minute details of a keyboard? I have both an M and an F that I picked up at goodwill for nothing 15 years ago and for the first time yesterday I googled about them and found 'enthusiast' (here an euphemism for retarded) websites where idiots bounce off the walls telling each other about the orgasms per second they have when using them.
And 'using' is an overstatement with 90% of those morons. Most are busy opening them, cleaning the last atom of dirt off them, 'restoring' what doesn't need any restoration, 'upgrading', thinking of names for them, 'modding', taking photos, showing them off, in general jerking off about the clicky sensations and the superb accuracy of their typing and other general uber-dorkiness. What I never found there was anything useful to do with them, ie. actually program a computer.

Go type 'messenger lectures' in youtube and see what smart people look like, then kill yourself disassembling your One True Keyboard (TM) for the nth time and swallowing all the buckling springs.

And then mail one of your remaining model Fs to me.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: A brief introduction of keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 04:01:40 »
Well—that happened.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg