geekhack Community > Keyboards

Matias Tactile Pro 2

<< < (3/8) > >>

Bluemercury:

--- Quote from: xsphat ---The Cherry rep I recently talked to said that Cherry blue and brown stemmed keyboards (tactile) are still quite popular in Europe, so in theory you should have an easier time finding something than we in the US could.
--- End quote ---

What are these models?

xsphat:
He didn't know anything about the European or Asian markets, sorry.

Bluemercury:

--- Quote from: iMav ---
--- Quote from: Bluemercury ---Is the feeling identical between the two?
--- End quote ---

They definitely feel different.  But I suspect if you are a big fan of the "feel" of the buckling spring keyboards, you'd like a high tactile mechanical keyswitch.  

I've always been a big Model M fan...and very much like the feel of the blue-stemmed Cherry switches.  I primarily swtich between a HHKB Pro, a Model M "mini", and a blue-stemmed SMK-88.  It is key layout that has me favoring the HHKB Pro right now.  The electrical capacitive keys on the HHKB Pro are certainly nice (and quite a bit quieter), but I have a feeling I'd really like a blue Cherry HHKB very much (or even a bucking spring one).

All are a marked improvement over the run-of-the-mill, mushy crap keyboards that seem so common these days.
--- End quote ---

The blue-stemmed SMK-88 is made by Cherry? it seems you use small keyboards i see :P. The HHKB is not clicky right?I need to try one of the mechanical switch keyboards....i prefer the clicky keyboards to the non-clicky....:P

xsphat:
The HHKB Pro is not a clicky keyboard, but it is clacky. The click is a pop in the mechanism at the point the key registers to let the typist know the keystroke happened. That is why the Model M in a membrane keyboard, but it's still really clicky. The pink Alps sliders in my Apple keyboard are not clicky switches, but the keyboard is pretty damned loud anyway. I prefer the clicky models but the HHKB satisfies even without it. As do the Cherry ML switches.

The click in my other two Alps keyboards (Another Apple with orange stems and the SMK85 with black stems) use clicky Alps switches. They are really loud with plenty of clicks and clacks and the springs' rebound is better than a Model M.

Confused yet? Check out the wiki on this site for reviews and explanations of the meaning of the color of the sliders on a switch and everything else. Plus, check out my review of the SMK 85, I included a recording of the black stemmed Alps sliders in action.

Bluemercury:

--- Quote from: xsphat ---The HHKB Pro is not a clicky keyboard, but it is clacky. The click is a pop in the mechanism at the point the key registers to let the typist know the keystroke happened. That is why the Model M in a membrane keyboard, but it's still really clicky. The pink Alps sliders in my Apple keyboard are not clicky switches, but the keyboard is pretty damned loud anyway. I prefer the clicky models but the HHKB satisfies even without it. As do the Cherry ML switches.

The click in my other two Alps keyboards (Another Apple with orange stems and the SMK85 with black stems) use clicky Alps switches. They are really loud with plenty of clicks and clacks and the springs' rebound is better than a Model M.

Confused yet? Check out the wiki on this site for reviews and explanations of the meaning of the color of the sliders on a switch and everything else. Plus, check out my review of the SMK 85, I included a recording of the black stemmed Alps sliders in action.
--- End quote ---

Can you give the links then please? Anyway what's the meaning of ALPS.....i need to study all these switch keyboard models :P

But thanks for the info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version