geekhack Community > Keyboards

This 'board has white Cherry sliders, and it's cheap

<< < (3/4) > >>

elmomax:
How does this keyboard compare with black alps.... not sure I understand what is meant by a semi-mechanical board.

Can anyone help on this? Thanks

Whiskey in the Jar-o:
It should be similar to the Cherry MX linear mechanical switches. Long linear travel, no click. You are supposed to type on faith i.e. not expect a "break-through" feeling in your fingers, but just press and go.

Nonmouse:
This site has pictures of a G81-1800 keyboard that's been disassembled.  The babelfish translation from Japanese lets you get some idea of what he's talking about.  The actual switch is a membrane-contact sheet, but each has a mechanical key-return sitting on top of it, so it's got  more tactile feel than a cheap membrane keyboard, but not as much as a keyboard with individual switches.  

xsphat:
You know, I give up on Cherry. It seems like they handed out a secret decoder ring to get through all the marketing ploys and I didn't get mine.

Nonmouse:

--- Quote from: xsphat ---You know, I give up on Cherry. It seems like they handed out a secret decoder ring to get through all the marketing ploys and I didn't get mine.
--- End quote ---
Just stick with G80- or G84- boards- the G80 have MX switches, and the G84 have ML switches.  I haven't been able to figure out how to tell if they're white, blue, black or brown sliders, though, short of popping a keycap off.  I think it varies by market (i.e., gringos don't like clicky keyboards, do the blues aren't sold here anymore)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version