Author Topic: NOS Model M SSK for 100$ shipped WTF did I buy  (Read 3242 times)

Offline jacobalbertus1

NOS Model M SSK for 100$ shipped WTF did I buy
« on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 20:13:11 »
I was in Government of all classes and I was done with my work so I took it to eBay to browse and look at keyboards, I saw this moron had posted ssk's 3 of them NOS never used as he says for 100$ each 2 had already sold so I picked up the 3rd one I just ordered it but I'm amazed because usually, I can't find a good shape ssk under 200$.  lol so I and 2 others got lucky and someone else got a more beat one from the same seller for 130 after the NOS ones sold out within minutes. I lowkey know that they are not cheap so when I saw 100 I had to snipe that.     I'm lowkey afraid to use it because I know the true value of the board if I had the chance I would have bought all 4 of them. but for right now I use a model f battleship for my battle station and a model f77 for class (am actually special needs and the school allows me to use a key beeper if I please or a mech keyboard)                                         
Model f 122 USB industrial paint (daily), model f xt inbox almost nos Ellipse approved, NOS model m ssk , Model F 77 for class (special needs I was told I had to use a mech or a key beeper by the school) model m 1391401 silver label ( this was a factory messup where they stuck a 139101 sticker on it and sent it with a ps/2) model m 1390131 model m unicomp industrial case modded  and a model f at

Offline TypistDino

Re: NOS Model M SSK for 100$ shipped WTF did I buy
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 00:49:41 »
No way, I've been on the search for one for so long for a reasonable price. You are so damn lucky! :eek:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 07:31:05 »
Cindy got a dozen or so of them, new, about 6-8 years ago, and sold them for about $150.

I bought one and found that over a third of the rivets were broken, so it did need a bolt mod straight out of the box. Just keep that in mind as a possibility. Just because it has never come out of the box does not mean that it has been treated gently.

Not to rain on your parade, you still got a great deal!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 10:27:22 »
Jacob, are you Mallard on the Mech Keys discord? I recognize your name somewhere. A great find you've got.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline jacobalbertus1

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 12:00:32 »
yess tree  it is me the mallard
Model f 122 USB industrial paint (daily), model f xt inbox almost nos Ellipse approved, NOS model m ssk , Model F 77 for class (special needs I was told I had to use a mech or a key beeper by the school) model m 1391401 silver label ( this was a factory messup where they stuck a 139101 sticker on it and sent it with a ps/2) model m 1390131 model m unicomp industrial case modded  and a model f at

Offline jacobalbertus1

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 10:27:12 »
i have the said ssk in my position now it had no cable and bad rivets so I got a 45$ refund (waiting for the seller to actually issue that refund) and i have screwmoded the assembly  with some small brass screws that poke thrugh a little bit but the keys don't hit them on the way down hell a nos ssk now in almost nos shape that has been screwmoded they are hard to come by

Offline wyatt8740

• Machine code enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 19:43:18 »
Good job. Waiting on Unicomp to hopefully come through this month, despite my preferences for white, PS/2, and all of that. I never get lucky with SSK's on ebay.
I don't usually collect things, but when I do, they're from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. My typing speed: 79 WPM
IBM Model M 1386303, 1987 / IBM Model M 1391401, 1993 / IBM Model M 59G7980, 1993 / Unicomp "Mini M" UT40E7A (modded), 2021 / Dell AT101W, 1994 (Black Alps) / Apple Extended Keyboard (Orange Alps), 1987 / Sun Type 5, unknown year (Rubber Dome)

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 21:38:07 »
Good job. Waiting on Unicomp to hopefully come through this month, despite my preferences for white, PS/2, and all of that. I never get lucky with SSK's on ebay.

You and me both, but I'm not holding my breath due to all the Quarantine.  :(

Also OP, amazing deal, you got incredibly lucky. Every so often Ebay gets these crazy deals where people don't know the value of the boards, or just need to get them sold now.

This time it was your turn. You lucky lucky person. :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2020, 21:39:45 by jacethesaltsculptor »

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline armani

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 19:27:12 »
Damn, you're very lucky!