Author Topic: Google Reader  (Read 2427 times)

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
Google Reader
« on: Sat, 23 February 2008, 20:35:52 »
I've been using RSS in one form or another for at least 2 years.  But...re-installing browsers (FFs sage bookmarks and read flags) and changing machines, and having 3 different systems that I use semi-regularly makes keeping all my feeds updated a nightmare.

Google Reader is something to check out if you have a Google account.  If you don't have a Google account, it is reason to sign up for one.  (How is Google supposed to properly take over the world without tracking a good portion of your internet usage, anyway?)  :-D

Google Reader gives you an online RSS aggregator that you can access from any web browser.  Since it is online, there is only one url database, and one set of read flags to update.  ...and just like GMail, it syncs every 3.5 nanoseconds so as to appear real time.  Very nice piece of work Google.  Thanks!
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }

Offline acidnine

Google Reader
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 February 2008, 10:11:14 »
I love Google Reader, i even use the mobile service for my phone (it keeps track of what I star and read on my phone and keeps the statuses in sync).  Plus there seems to be something new about once every 2 months or so (feature-wise).