Author Topic: Nice Case Mod  (Read 2395 times)

Offline itlnstln

Nice Case Mod
« on: Tue, 15 December 2009, 13:58:05 »
Check it (this is the last page of the article).  I like it, personally.  This is one of the better wooden PC cases I have seen.  It's certainly not the typical, boxy designs we have seen from other companies posted here.  Now, let's see if he'll do a keyboard mod.

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
Nice Case Mod
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 December 2009, 14:00:57 »
Wow... that's impressive.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline itlnstln

Nice Case Mod
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 December 2009, 14:04:07 »
Yeah, impressive, indeed.  I don't think I would be putting in that kind of work on a case mod even if I had the skills (which I most certainly don't).  About 5 years ago, or so, I would have bought one if it were for sale.

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
Nice Case Mod
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 December 2009, 16:34:00 »
Absolutely outstanding work. Reminds me of the art deco radio consoles popular in the 1930s.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
Nice Case
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 December 2009, 18:02:16 »
You know, this had me thinking about how sustainable our lifestyles are...

[strike]Wow... that's impressive.

It's certainly not the typical, affordable designs we have seen.

I don't think I would be putting in that kind of work on a case mod even if I had the materials and power tools (which I most certainly don't).

This must be why[/strike] I have yet to make a lavish case or case mod, given that I buy my systems obsolete and work them to the death, the duration of which has so far been typically less than a decade.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2009, 18:16:44 by nanu »

Offline ironcoder

Nice Case Mod
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 December 2009, 07:33:21 »
Quote from: itlnstln;142648
Check it (this is the last page of the article).  I like it, personally.  This is one of the better wooden PC cases I have seen.  It's certainly not the typical, boxy designs we have seen from other companies posted here.  Now, let's see if he'll do a keyboard mod.

I don't know if you guys saw the article on bit-tech, it's 51 pages long. The metalwork is every bit as impressive as the woodwork, it's almost a crime he covered it up.

Apparently he fabbed the complete case from sheet before doing his magic carpentry.

Thanks itlnstln, great link.
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline itlnstln

Nice Case Mod
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 December 2009, 07:52:35 »
Quote from: nanu;142745
You know, this had me thinking about how sustainable our lifestyles are...

[strike]Wow... that's impressive.

It's certainly not the typical, affordable designs we have seen.

I don't think I would be putting in that kind of work on a case mod even if I had the materials and power tools (which I most certainly don't).

This must be why[/strike] I have yet to make a lavish case or case mod, given that I buy my systems obsolete and work them to the death, the duration of which has so far been typically less than a decade.

Understandable, but I have used cases for several "guts-changes." Other than looks and ZOMG 120mm FANZ WIT LEDZZZZ!!!, there really hasn't been much innovation in case design, IMO. I have always just bought one or two cases and stuck with them. Until form factors change drastically again, I would stick with something like this for quite awhile.

Offline itlnstln

Nice Case Mod
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 December 2009, 10:53:40 »
If the classic, wood design isn't your thing, there is this.  It kinda makes me want to build a new PC.