Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 371321 times)

Offline Coloneljesus

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Invoices will go out shortly)
« Reply #500 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 12:04:53 »
just saw that I had received an email from Plastikschnittstelle yesterday that landed in the gmail spam filter. be sure to check your spam box not to miss the invoice.

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #501 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 15:38:25 »
Hey all!

Why haven't you gotten an invoice yet? I said this weekend, Sunday the latest!

Due to the many variants and different shipping option there is no way I can generate the Paypal invoices completely automated. I more or less generate all the 150 invoices one by one. I only have about 50 as of now. They are all saved as drafts. It's already late here, have to go to sleep and continue tomorrow. So I'll finish them tomorrow and when they are all done I'll send them.

The story of unexpected obstacles continues.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 08:03:22 »
No worries, a day or two won't do any harm. Rather take some time to do things properly than rush for no good reason. :)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline Coloneljesus

« Reply #503 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 12:08:06 »
Invoices seem to be out :)

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #504 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 12:57:54 »
Haven't received an invoice yet, can anyone else confirm they're out?

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline realxmlforce

« Reply #505 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 13:01:14 »

yes invoices are out. I even got the mail twice ;)

Offline Electrum

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 13:02:06 »

Nothing for me yet either.

Offline Coloneljesus

« Reply #507 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 13:08:31 »
As I said earlier, be sure to check your spam folders.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:17:51 »
Hmm, been checking all morning but haven't gotten anything yet

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #509 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:23:14 »
I received the pre-invoice mail. No actual invoice yet, either in inbox or in spam.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
IC/GB:

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #510 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:23:32 »
As I said earlier, be sure to check your spam folders.

I received the pre invoice email. However, no PayPal invoice email. I've checked spam and nothing there either.

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

« Reply #511 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:27:39 »
hey, I just sent out a few invoices to trigger a certain paypal notification that pops up when I approach the max monthly limit. had to put in some more personal info. if I had sent out all at once the account would have been frozen. now just above the limit and everything seems fine. just wanted to move careful, like always  ;D

to give all the rest the same chance to enter the raffle, I'll finish save them as draft and then send them out at once. takes really long, just putting the email in isn't enough, the whole address must go in. have about 70 now. guess I won't be able to finish them all this evening, so the big batch will go out tomorrow.

but it's good to know, that paypal behaves well.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #512 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 15:15:31 »
hey, I just sent out a few invoices to trigger a certain paypal notification that pops up when I approach the max monthly limit. had to put in some more personal info. if I had sent out all at once the account would have been frozen. now just above the limit and everything seems fine. just wanted to move careful, like always  ;D

to give all the rest the same chance to enter the raffle, I'll finish save them as draft and then send them out at once. takes really long, just putting the email in isn't enough, the whole address must go in. have about 70 now. guess I won't be able to finish them all this evening, so the big batch will go out tomorrow.

I received my notification and my paypal invoice, and have paid! All good from my end ;D
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline koduh

« Reply #513 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 00:24:39 »

Hope mine is in that next batch. Twiddling my thumbs in anticipation for a SKB65!

Offline online

« Reply #514 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 04:57:55 »
received and paid yesterday.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
[GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Invoices will go out shortly)
« Reply #515 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 09:53:20 »
Received the invoice a few minutes ago and paid!

Offline Electrum

« Reply #516 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 09:57:03 »
Got the invoice and paid! Excited to get this

Edit: in my excitement I realized I paid for the 75% when I switched my order to the 65%
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 August 2018, 10:14:11 by Electrum »

Offline TyrionLannister

« Reply #517 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 10:06:10 »
I got my invoice, but it's the most expensive shipping option. I only have 2 cases and 1 PCB. How can I go down to the less expensive one?

Offline E_rik

« Reply #518 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 10:20:55 »
Received the invoice and paid within a few minutes. Paying was super easy with PayPal. Thanks for all your work so far! Great job.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline Tyson

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR)
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 10:21:28 »
UPDATE (final sample and invoicing):

Yesterday I talked to the manufacturer. The final sample is still not made (SKB75). I will have it by the end of next week, hopefully. The quote for the higher quantity, I will also only get next week.

I can't start sending out invoices until I have both the final sample and the new quote.
The final sample is so important because with it will be decided if a slight design change will be made or not. Nothing drastic but I want to show it before invoicing.
Only with the final quote I can determine the final price for roughly 150 units. We are just about 20 units away from this at the moment. The reddit GB post I want to do as soon as I have the final sample should help us get there.

A US proxy is also something I wanted to look into. Need to decide about that as well before invoicing can start. A proxy would mean a lot of extra communication, planning and time. That's why I hope the new and cheaper shipping options I told you about here are satisfactory for you. If so, we could get along without proxy. Need some opinions about that.

Orders are still taken for these reasons, obviously.

This is really bugging me out but at the moment I can't do nothing about it, but be patient.

Btw, almost none of you who ordered the HHKB version really cares about the 6U suggestion, right?

Hey dude, this is a lovely board and I just got my invoice. Unfortunately 4 months have past since my initial interest in these boards and in that time I started looking into moving out from home. I just paid my deposit fee on my first apartment and can't afford anything related to this hobby for quite a while. :( Hopefully someone else will be able to pick up my spot. Sorry to let you know this way, I know these boards will be amazing and I can't wait to see pics of it when they comes out! I'm actually trying to sell everything to help me with all my expenses. :(

Offline kmfmppl

« Reply #520 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 10:32:02 »
Paid, excited for this! :)

« Reply #521 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 11:00:00 »
Hey dude, this is a lovely board and I just got my invoice. Unfortunately 4 months have past since my initial interest in these boards and in that time I started looking into moving out from home. I just paid my deposit fee on my first apartment and can't afford anything related to this hobby for quite a while. :( Hopefully someone else will be able to pick up my spot. Sorry to let you know this way, I know these boards will be amazing and I can't wait to see pics of it when they comes out! I'm actually trying to sell everything to help me with all my expenses. :(

I canceled your invoice. let's hope others hop on so we can keep the current numbers

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 11:01:25 »

I canceled your invoice. let's hope others hop on so we can keep the current numbers

When all invoice sent out ?  :p

« Reply #523 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 11:07:35 »
I got my invoice, but it's the most expensive shipping option. I only have 2 cases and 1 PCB. How can I go down to the less expensive one?

one skb60 package is juuust under 1kg. not even 100% sure if the SKB75 will stay withing the 1kg limit if packed. two cases plus one pcb will weigh more than 2kg - I'm pretty sure of that. but let me check again...

btw, you only gave me your first name. for sending it, your last would be needed ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 August 2018, 11:09:56 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline tiydal

« Reply #524 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 12:54:40 »

This is also my exact situation pretty much, apart from I'm waiting to pay my deposit. I came on the thread to read up before I contacted to cancel my invoice.

I hope everyone really enjoys it, I would of loved to have one.

Offline ampt

« Reply #525 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 13:19:58 »
Paid! Can't wait to get started on this build!

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 14:14:43 »

Not meant to come across as nagging, but did you cross-list this GB over on RMK/mechmarket since finalizing all the details? I'm not sure if you want to handle a larger volume of orders or it's currently just manageable as it is, but with everything at the invoicing stage you should be able to get a good handful more to boost final order count.

Very excited!
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline catamscott

« Reply #527 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 16:55:46 »
invoice paid, hoping I got in the first 100  :cool:

Offline 112227

« Reply #528 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 20:05:28 »
Paid my invoice for SKB60WKL and extra plate.
Thanks!

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #529 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 21:39:00 »
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline Shados

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 01:53:02 »
Paid.

Offline C7Kinetic

• /u/ADJ_Reflex
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 04:32:13 »
Paid! Now the real wait begins  :p

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 15:25:07 »
short update,
around 80 of 150 have already paid their invoice.

happy to say that I had only very few mistakes in the invoices. I think so far only three or four had contacted me cause i had put the wrong version or amount on the invoice.

Offline TyrionLannister

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Invoices out, orders still accepted)
« Reply #533 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 17:09:16 »
Hey there, I replied to the invoice with updated info, but haven't gotten the new invoice yet. Just wanted to make sure you received it. Thanks!

Offline jgjl

« Reply #534 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 17:19:29 »
Paid my invoice,

Thank you!

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 August 2018, 07:08:54 by jgjl »

Offline Draic

« Reply #535 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 01:19:14 »
I think so far only three or four had contacted me cause i had put the wrong version or amount on the invoice.

That statement confuses me a little. My invoice states: "SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS, Ortho)"
Only thing I can check is the amount of keyboards (1), but I can not verify that you have me down for the correct kind.

If you want people to verify the choices, you need to put case and plate type on the invoice. Or have you done that on later invoices? .,.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 03:32:29 »
Including the specific boards would probably make it even more complicated as there are nearly 150 invoices to make. You can check you order in this pdf file: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95113.msg2645802#msg2645802

« Reply #537 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 04:04:47 »
Hey there, I replied to the invoice with updated info, but haven't gotten the new invoice yet. Just wanted to make sure you received it. Thanks!

ok, sorry,
so you want the skb60-yas, yas-pcb and skb65, right?

I updated your invoice (full name now).
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 August 2018, 04:27:47 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #538 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 04:10:26 »
I think so far only three or four had contacted me cause i had put the wrong version or amount on the invoice.

That statement confuses me a little. My invoice states: "SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS, Ortho)"
Only thing I can check is the amount of keyboards (1), but I can not verify that you have me down for the correct kind.

If you want people to verify the choices, you need to put case and plate type on the invoice. Or have you done that on later invoices? .,.

they all have the same price, so I treat them as one item to simplify the invoicing process for me. check the last updated order list, there you can see which SKB60 you ordered, WAIT... just looked it up, you ordered the HHKB version.

ah, yeah, just like hansichen mentioned just before

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #539 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 10:55:56 »
Paid my invoice, everything seemed to be correct on it.
Current:
Coming up:
IC/GB:

Offline Data

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 12:29:34 »
Hey, I'm not ignoring my invoice.  Will pay it tomorrow morning for sure.  :thumb:

Offline Draic

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 13:38:13 »

they all have the same price, so I treat them as one item to simplify the invoicing process for me. check the last updated order list, there you can see which SKB60 you ordered, WAIT... just looked it up, you ordered the HHKB version.

ah, yeah, just like hansichen mentioned just before

Ye, I was never worried about my order. BUT this is still bad practice. The invoice should state for what I paid the money.

« Reply #542 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 14:37:25 »
BUT this is still bad practice. The invoice should state for what I paid the money.

That is absolutely correct, can't argue that!

But automating the invoices wasn't possible, there was too much wrong with how I set up the google form in the first place. For example no dedicated fields for first and last name, no country dropdown so I got different variations of the same country (USA, US, U.S.A, United States, United States of America....). Also had to google some state names (hadn't offered a field for that). Generally all courtiers have different ways of address systems. These were just a few things that forced me to do every single invoice for itself. It took me three hole days. So please understand that I took every chance possible to reduce unnecessary clicks, fields to fill out and options to choose from.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 August 2018, 14:42:11 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline Set

« Reply #543 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 21:54:41 »
Hi guys, I've ordered the SKB60-HHKB version and I think I may be a bit over my head.
I was under the assumption that I could just transfer my HHKB pieces INTO this casing and I'd be good to go.
Since placing my order, I've learned more and more about this /hobby/ and am now aware to how much work I'm getting myself into haha.

If someone could recommend a PCB that would fit my case I'd appreciate it.

Any other tips / list of things I'll need moving forward would be amazing.

Thanks for all your help!
A.

Offline Data

« Reply #544 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 08:21:05 »
Hey, I'm not ignoring my invoice.  Will pay it tomorrow morning for sure.  :thumb:

[PAID]

Offline hansichen

« Reply #545 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 08:22:37 »
Hi guys, I've ordered the SKB60-HHKB version and I think I may be a bit over my head.
I was under the assumption that I could just transfer my HHKB pieces INTO this casing and I'd be good to go.
Since placing my order, I've learned more and more about this /hobby/ and am now aware to how much work I'm getting myself into haha.

A.

Every standard 60% pcb should fit this case. You can have a look for the gh60 pcbs or the dz60 on aliexpress/kbdfans.

Offline Coloneljesus

« Reply #546 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 12:03:19 »

A.

Test your PCB before soldering anything.

Put. The Stabs. First.
Also clip and lube them properly.
Get good stabs. OG Cherry, GMK, Zeal are good. Take caution with others. Avoid random cheap Chinese "Cherry-style" stabs.

Before screwing your case together, make sure you can reset your PCB with a key combo.

If you plan on putting in under-key lighting but aren't sure which color yet, get sip sockets. Also get small (1x2x3mm) LEDs or Cherry caps are gonna hit them.

If you decide to lube, don't overlube and don't use lube that is too thick.

Offline zzzaacchh

« Reply #547 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 11:16:55 »
Do you have the first 100 payments yet? I paid Thursday, I'd like to see if I made it into the drawing.

« Reply #548 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 04:40:18 »
We are over 90 payments. 94.

So we have about two thirds. Not sure if this is good or bad, I tend to believe it is more good. Think it's normal that many pay at the last day - often did it like that myself.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 August 2018, 04:48:05 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline Coloneljesus

« Reply #549 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 06:40:58 »
When I ran a switch GB, quite a few people messaged me saying they'll pay when they get their payday at the end of the month. Expect some people to pay at the end of the month.